Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thehoj
Jan 29, 2003
I'm trying to find a song and I only have one lyric from the song.... it is repeated a LOT through the song, so hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about here..

It's kind of a punk style sort of song, Initially I thought it was by Against Me.. I heard it on a college radio station, and I don't remember any lyrics other than the chorus, which is basically just a bunch of guys singing "wh-oa wh-oa wh-oa whoa, wh-oa wh-oa whooooooaaa.. whooooa wh-oa wh-oa wo-ah wo-ah woooaaahh.."

Anyone have any idea what song I'm talking about??

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

HAI posted:

Autechre?

That's it, thank you. I'd been typing a thousand variants of that into Google to no avail.

Cable Guy
Jul 18, 2005

I don't expect any trouble, but we'll be handing these out later...

Slippery Tilde
Howdy peoples...

Looking for a song by Andy Prieboy or Wall of Voodoo.

It's about a Vietnam War hero named I think Camel Floss?

Thanks for the help... Looking up Google's giving me nothing.

Edit... In retrospect, it may have been "Camouflage" but Camel Floss sounds better...
Edit 2: Seems I'm not the only one:
http://bp0.blogger.com/__TZG_3fl65I/RoR7O923d8I/AAAAAAAAAJA/vIxrSU0sR5Y/s1600-h/camelFloss.jpg

Cable Guy fucked around with this message at 03:51 on Sep 3, 2007

terrordactyl
Dec 21, 2004

thehoj posted:

I'm trying to find a song and I only have one lyric from the song.... it is repeated a LOT through the song, so hopefully someone knows what I'm talking about here..

It's kind of a punk style sort of song, Initially I thought it was by Against Me.. I heard it on a college radio station, and I don't remember any lyrics other than the chorus, which is basically just a bunch of guys singing "wh-oa wh-oa wh-oa whoa, wh-oa wh-oa whooooooaaa.. whooooa wh-oa wh-oa wo-ah wo-ah woooaaahh.."

Anyone have any idea what song I'm talking about??

Against Me! - I Still Love you Julie.

Devlin Carnate
Aug 8, 2003

RIAA Jr. Field Inspector. Checking for illegal files. Let me in.

ham hock posted:

anyone in here know who amon tobin is?

ive heard a song of his that's pretty sweet; its dark sounding and is comprised mainly of a guitar riff some piano notes and what sounds like a gospel choir in the background - i have no idea what the songs called or whereabouts it fits into his library chronologically, if anyone knows what im talking about thatd be wicked

His most recent studio album 2007's "Foley Room" is dark, but all the songs are way too complex for what you're describing.

My suggestion is that it's "Hey Blondie" from 2002's "Out From Outwhere". This was the most recent studio album until "Foley Room" came out. Pretty much the rest of the album is the same: dark, samples from Bollywood cinema used to disorienting effect. As creepy if not creepier tracks on OfO are Proper Hoodidge (click for video from NinjaTune), El Wraith, Back From Space and Rosies. The generally excellent Verbal is a forum favorite and has been used by goons in various mash-ups.

dirigible stew
Feb 18, 2006

I think there are two songs in this video, the first only being just a short intro and what I really am looking for is the second song with someone playing a string instrument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsHinBZPrnho

I really like that song and I hope at least someone else knows it, thanks in advance.

dirigible stew fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Sep 3, 2007

ham hock
Feb 6, 2006

"what's up vanilla face?!"

dirigible stew posted:

I think there are two songs in this video, the first only being just a short intro and what I really am looking for is the second song with someone playing a string instrument.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsHinBZPrho

I really like that song and I hope at least someone else knows it, thanks in advance.

its apocalyptica. exact song i dont know; but im going to guess its off amplified.

they do a shitload of metalica covers but their own stuff is absolutely beautiful. i suggest grabbing farewell and somewhere around nothing, awesome songs.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

dirigible stew posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dsHinBZPrho

Apocalyptica - "Path" from the album Cult

e: 1/2 beaten

Jort
Jan 10, 2007
I heard this song on the radio today. It was rap and the only line I remember was "and everybody round me hold it down like a certified g". Tried googling but haven't had any luck yet.

ego munchin
Aug 3, 2004

Anyone know the beat that's between 1:02 and 1:06, and also from 1:10 to 1:12? Just look for the girl with the dollar titties.

(Warning: Video contains a rapping jelly donut)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=AfHDs4NAOU8

McBryce
Jun 26, 2005
I'm pretty sure the song I would like identified is from the mid 90s.

The only thing that I really remember from it is that it is a female singer and, rather than lyrics, it starts off with "do do do de do do do de do de duh duh de duh de duh." That is the best way I can translate the melody into words. I'm also pretty sure that when the lyrics start they follow the same melodic pattern as the dos and des.

Hopefully somebody knows what the gently caress I'm talking about. Thanks in advance.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

McBryce posted:

Nas - If I Ruled the World (feat. Lauryn Hill) maybe? Came out in '96

blinkeve1826
Jul 26, 2005

WELCOME TO THE NEW DEATH

McBryce posted:

The only thing that I really remember from it is that it is a female singer and, rather than lyrics, it starts off with "do do do de do do do de do de duh duh de duh de duh." That is the best way I can translate the melody into words. I'm also pretty sure that when the lyrics start they follow the same melodic pattern as the dos and des.

Hopefully somebody knows what the gently caress I'm talking about. Thanks in advance.

I thought of "Be My Lover" by La Bouche. That it?

McBryce
Jun 26, 2005
No and no. This song as a more somber tone than either of those. If I have time, maybe I'll make a recording of me doing the intro which would make it much easier to identify.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

McBryce posted:

'What Can You Do For Me?' by Utah Saints?

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

McBryce posted:

Sounds like Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner

McBryce
Jun 26, 2005

HorseRotorvator posted:

Sounds like Suzanne Vega - Tom's Diner

Correct! Thank you.

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

Scots / Irishmen, this one is for you!

During my holiday in Edinburgh two weeks ago, I frequently heard a certain song, and I was wondering if one of you knows the group and name of the song.

- Instrumental
- Folk Rock-ish
- Instrumentation: Bass, drums, guitar, possibly keys, and bagpipes or a similar sounding instrument
- Mid-tempo rock sound with a lot of triplets and a very droning bass sound
- Repetitive, same chord pattern throughout the song, no solos that I know of
- Lead melody played by the bagpipes
- Melody sounds something like this (quick sketch, I made some errors, but you get the idea)

Good luck

thehoj
Jan 29, 2003

terrordactyl posted:

Against Me! - I Still Love you Julie.

Thanks for the suggestion.. but it's not the right one.. despite having a lot of woah's in it.. Any other ideas?

From my description I've also had people suggest that it might be Bro Hymn Tribute by Pennywise, and Sink florida sink by Against me.. Neither of those are the song I'm looking for either.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

thehoj posted:

Thanks for the suggestion.. but it's not the right one.. despite having a lot of woah's in it.. Any other ideas?

From my description I've also had people suggest that it might be Bro Hymn Tribute by Pennywise, and Sink florida sink by Against me.. Neither of those are the song I'm looking for either.

AFI - Totalimmortal ?

From Earth posted:

Scots / Irishmen, this one is for you!

During my holiday in Edinburgh two weeks ago, I frequently heard a certain song, and I was wondering if one of you knows the group and name of the song.

- Instrumental
- Folk Rock-ish
- Instrumentation: Bass, drums, guitar, possibly keys, and bagpipes or a similar sounding instrument
- Mid-tempo rock sound with a lot of triplets and a very droning bass sound
- Repetitive, same chord pattern throughout the song, no solos that I know of
- Lead melody played by the bagpipes
- Melody sounds something like this (quick sketch, I made some errors, but you get the idea)

Good luck

Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up To Boston ?

From Earth
Oct 21, 2005

jeff8472 posted:

Dropkick Murphys - I'm Shipping Up To Boston ?

The intro sounds pretty close, but it's not instrumental, so no cigar.

thehoj
Jan 29, 2003

jeff8472 posted:

AFI - Totalimmortal ?

No... not really those kind of vocals.. Thanks though.

Savij
Oct 8, 2005
Title text (optional; no images are allowed, only text)
What is the song in this clip?

The music starts at about 1:15. When Paris gets in her car she plays a techno song. Does anyone have a clue what song it is? A few people posted in the comments but no one has replied, and I've asked dozens of people as well. No one seems to know.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Un malheur ne vient jamais seul.
This one's a longshot, as even Google failed me... I'm looking for the title and artist for the theme song from Baseball, Minnesota, the 1996 documentary about the St. Paul Saints. I remember that the song had the line "a year ago he never even got a second look" and its main chorus was "I just want to be famous" (but it wasn't that awful Puddle of Mudd song). I think it was an unsigned/not famous band. Anyone know?

ntrik
Dec 3, 2003
Don't I know you from somewhere?
I've been hearing this a lot on the london pirate radio stations recently. I can't find the name of the song or artist though.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3506719e964782/

Its a house song so its thats your kind of thing you might have heard of this.

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

ntrik posted:

I've been hearing this a lot on the london pirate radio stations recently. I can't find the name of the song or artist though.

http://www.zshare.net/audio/3506719e964782/

Its a house song so its thats your kind of thing you might have heard of this.

why not e-mail the station? I'm sure they announced the address at the end of that clip.

Cotton B. Gross
Jun 21, 2006

by Fragmaster
This is really, really vague, but I'll see if you guys can help me.

There was a song I heard on a classic rock station about 7 or 8 years ago that I liked, but still don't know the name of. It started with a lengthy instrumental section which kind of reminded me of the end boss music from Final Fantasy VI (I think there was some organ), and then had some vocals. Note: It is NOT anything by Emerson, Lake and Palmer; I know because I have their entire discography.

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

Cotton B. Gross posted:

There was a song I heard on a classic rock station about 7 or 8 years ago that I liked, but still don't know the name of. It started with a lengthy instrumental section which kind of reminded me of the end boss music from Final Fantasy VI (I think there was some organ), and then had some vocals. Note: It is NOT anything by Emerson, Lake and Palmer; I know because I have their entire discography.
If it's classic rock, then the most famous two songs that match that description are "Foreplay/Long Time" by Boston or "Funeral For a Friend" by Elton John. Those are probably longshots, though, because they're both famous songs.

There's also "Roundabout" by Yes.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

CloseFriend posted:

This one's a longshot, as even Google failed me... I'm looking for the title and artist for the theme song from Baseball, Minnesota, the 1996 documentary about the St. Paul Saints. I remember that the song had the line "a year ago he never even got a second look" and its main chorus was "I just want to be famous" (but it wasn't that awful Puddle of Mudd song). I think it was an unsigned/not famous band. Anyone know?

Ted's Lunch - Famous

according to http://www.fyssas.com/discography.html

that was some hardcore googling, let me tell ya, good luck finding that cd anywhere

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Cotton B. Gross posted:

Santana - Samba Pa Ti?

sounds pretty close to the Kefka theme, at least in the beginning

CloseFriend
Aug 21, 2002

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

Ted's Lunch - Famous

according to http://www.fyssas.com/discography.html

that was some hardcore googling, let me tell ya, good luck finding that cd anywhere
Thanks; I really didn't think anyone was gonna get that. poo poo, you're right. Amazon, eBay, and iTunes have all failed me. That is some seriously obscure poo poo right there.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

CloseFriend posted:

Thanks; I really didn't think anyone was gonna get that. poo poo, you're right. Amazon, eBay, and iTunes have all failed me. That is some seriously obscure poo poo right there.

You might try writing them at the address listed here

http://www.fyssas.com/ted's_lunch/

Ted's Lunch
2428 Charles St.
Vancouver, BC
V5K 2Z9

but that's an 11 year old address. :(

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Gary the Llama posted:

I believe the song I'm looking for is fairly recent... Probably within the last few months. His voice almost sounds like Ben Folds... It's a happy song and the lyrics have a part that goes "just show me those/your legs" or "I just wanna see those/your legs". Also, I believe there are lyrics about a train... And the chorus may have something similar to "this is good, this is great" in them.

Any ideas?

Underworld - Banstyle/Sappys Curry?

It's not recent, though. This is more of a techno/house song than Ben Folds

Potzblitz!
Jan 20, 2005

Kung-Fu fighter
Okay, this is going to sound incredibly vague... I have no memory of the song, I just remember the video.

There's a dude, a blonde and some kind of dwarf dancing around like idiots in some kind of fantasy land, green hills and everything. It came out in the mid to late '90s. And that's all I remember, sorry. I think the song was very cheery and upbeat, but I'm not sure. I don't even know if it was any good to be honest, I just want to know what the hell it was.

Help me please.

Potzblitz! fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Sep 7, 2007

Cotton B. Gross
Jun 21, 2006

by Fragmaster
Thanks guys, it was Foreplay/Long time.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Potzblitz! posted:

Okay, this is going to sound incredibly vague... I have no memory of the song, I just remember the video.

There's a dude, a blonde and some kind of dwarf dancing around like idiots in some kind of fantasy land, green hills and everything. It came out in the mid to late '90s. And that's all I remember, sorry. I think the song was very cheery and upbeat, but I'm not sure. I don't even know if it was any good to be honest, I just want to know what the hell it was.

Help me please.

sounds like Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Monster w21 Faces posted:

Ok folks this is a weird one because I know the song and I know the artist. The thing is I don't know in which collection the track can be found.

The track is by v/vm and is a cover of forever young by alphaville.

It can be heard here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MyuvhcvVxD8

My problem is that I don't know where to find it.

http://brainwashed.com/vvm/news/downloads/20051202_vvm_ps2.htm

There's the V/Vm page about the song you're talking about, it seems to have been written just for that ad, and most of the fan forums that I've googled say that it's as of now unreleased. Supposedly there is an effort to put out a V/Vm box set, according to this site

http://www.aimoo.com/forum/postview.cfm?id=648740&CategoryID=501617&startcat=1&ThreadID=2853770

Potzblitz!
Jan 20, 2005

Kung-Fu fighter

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

sounds like Men Without Hats - Safety Dance

http://youtube.com/watch?v=HcOZ6xFxJqg
Thanks, that's it! But what the hell, the Safety Dance? How underwhelming.

TapTheForwardAssist
Apr 9, 2007

Pretty Little Lyres
It's a spoken-word piece over a musical background, kind of like a more intense version of "It's Okay to Wear Sunscreen"

The narrator is telling a story about how he went on a date with an older woman, and she took him for a crazy ride up in the hills above the city in her sportscar, jumped on top of him, and then started giving him advice on living for the moment.

Any idea who this would be?

And while I'm here, does anyone know what band did the goth parody of "It's Okay to Wear Sunscreen"? With lines like "Memorize all the lyrics, even if they're in German / Especially if they're in German".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

TapTheForwardAssist posted:

It's a spoken-word piece over a musical background, kind of like a more intense version of "It's Okay to Wear Sunscreen"

The narrator is telling a story about how he went on a date with an older woman, and she took him for a crazy ride up in the hills above the city in her sportscar, jumped on top of him, and then started giving him advice on living for the moment.

Any idea who this would be?

And while I'm here, does anyone know what band did the goth parody of "It's Okay to Wear Sunscreen"? With lines like "Memorize all the lyrics, even if they're in German / Especially if they're in German".

I'm working on the other one, but Wikipedia says there's a version by the Die-Gerd Show called "FKK (Everybody's free to wear gar nichts)", maybe that's it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wear_Sunscreen#Parody