Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Count Freebasie
Jan 12, 2006

queenoffarts.edu posted:

Going to try and see if anyone can figure this out from the description of the music video.

It was a hip hop song that was based around the singers neighborhood if I recall. He was riding his bike around his street and rapping about it not in a straight out of Compton type way but just kind of light heartedly. I think Spike Lee directed it but checking the music videos that he gets credit for on Wikipedia and other sites proves pretty useless; they only list a few when I know he has directed a ton.

Wasn't this, was it?

1,2,3,4 by Coolio

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Malleable
Jun 10, 2006
Here's one that's got my brain in knots:

Strong female singer, I vaguely remember a pop feel to the song, and the only part of the lyrics I recall (also the part that's haunting me) is:

"singin'... don't you forget about [me? it?], baby"

It's NOT a cover of the Simple Minds song, I'm positive on that.

I'd appreciate any help from the music aficionados here. Thanks!

Arwox
Mar 19, 2007

This is a hardcore/metalcore heavy song.

I know nothing else about this song other than it has a sound clip from the movie memento in it.

'Im not a killer im just someone who wanted to make things right.'
I think its right before the breakdown

I saw the movie about a week ago, recognized the line but i cannot for the life of me remember what song has the clip. I know ive listened to the song at least a dozen times SOMEWHERE. I cannot find anything.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

!Klams posted:

Hey, ok so Dinosaur Junior were on MTV2

try looking through this list of videos

http://www.freesofree.net/downloads.php

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

incoherent posted:

This?

Definitely not. The only place i could find the song was in this horrible little video. The audio's all messed up, but you can hear it fairly clearly from 1:06 to 1:08 and a very slowed down version from 0:38 to 0:44.

Seriously, it's like the song powerhouse, that it's in a bunch of cartoons, everybody's heard it before, but few know the name of it. I just have to put this to rest once and for all.

I guess besides stereotypical organ grinder music, it's also kinda stereotypical gypsy music.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

try looking through this list of videos

http://www.freesofree.net/downloads.php

Oh, thanks, thats an awesome lead! But, tragically, they dont have it. Still, thanks anyway!

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...
several months ago I saw a youtube video of some song... I'm not too keen on my genre identification but it was some kind of electric rock, the video is a group of plainly-dressed young males spiritedly playing their instruments inside of a translucent cube, with the vocals being distorted to a high, warbled pitch. It's stuck in my head and I'm sure if I watch it again, my mind will be satisfied. Thanks if you can help me find it :)

Chop Licker
Apr 25, 2005

by mons al-madeen
Edit: Never mind, found it.

Chop Licker fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 28, 2010

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

eighteenspikes posted:

several months ago I saw a youtube video of some song... I'm not too keen on my genre identification but it was some kind of electric rock, the video is a group of plainly-dressed young males spiritedly playing their instruments inside of a translucent cube, with the vocals being distorted to a high, warbled pitch. It's stuck in my head and I'm sure if I watch it again, my mind will be satisfied. Thanks if you can help me find it :)
I'll be damned if this isn't "Atlas" by Battles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpGp-22t0lU

furry drum circle
Aug 7, 2007

Dear... God...

Pablo Gigante posted:

I'll be damned if this isn't "Atlas" by Battles

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IpGp-22t0lU

YES, that is most certainly it, thanks so much :)

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Acenate Prophet posted:

This isn't so much a song identification request, but has anyone figured out the actual source of that Bombs Over Baghdad rock remix? Back in the day it was always credited to Zack de la Rocha but I've never been able to pin down whether he actually did it and where it came from since it was the age of Kazaa and the like.

according to wikipedia,

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/B.O.B.

quote:

There is a remix of the song, replacing the beat of the song with heavy guitars. Officially, the author of the remix is unknown, but it is often attributed to Zack De La Rocha or Rage Against the Machine.

so that probably didn't help you at all :(

e: i've done some more googling and have seen a few places saying that the other 3/4 of Rage actually helped create the remix, so i don't know what the gently caress

PissFilledCumBubble fucked around with this message at 06:15 on Sep 17, 2007

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King
Edit: found it already - I'm an idiot and heard the words wrong.

lewi fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Sep 16, 2007

mllecait
Feb 26, 2007

queenoffarts.edu posted:

Going to try and see if anyone can figure this out from the description of the music video.

It was a hip hop song that was based around the singers neighborhood if I recall. He was riding his bike around his street and rapping about it not in a straight out of Compton type way but just kind of light heartedly. I think Spike Lee directed it but checking the music videos that he gets credit for on Wikipedia and other sites proves pretty useless; they only list a few when I know he has directed a ton.

You sure its not a Spike JONZE music video?
I would say "What's up Fatlip" by.. Fatlip.
See here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK_WfF6hf2E

Herstory Begins Now
Aug 5, 2003
SOME REALLY TEDIOUS DUMB SHIT THAT SUCKS ASS TO READ ->>
I've been trying to remember who this line is from if anyone recognizes it.

"I'll resurrect your aborted baby and kill it again"

The rap is probably 5-10 years old most likely, if that helps?

Thanks in advance, this is really bugging me as I hate not remembering who something is by.

ge.hale
Feb 1, 2006
This song comes on the Top-40 stations a lot and I can never figure out the name/band. Here's some lyrics:

"I'll take you for who you are, if you take me for everything..."

"I don't mind, don't care, as long as you're here..."

Agh...it's stuck in my head, please help me.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

The-Mole posted:

I've been trying to remember who this line is from if anyone recognizes it.

"I'll resurrect your aborted baby and kill it again"

The rap is probably 5-10 years old most likely, if that helps?

Thanks in advance, this is really bugging me as I hate not remembering who something is by.

google says Immortal Technique - Creation & Destruction, from 2001's Revolutionary Vol. 1

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

powermaxoo posted:

This song comes on the Top-40 stations a lot and I can never figure out the name/band. Here's some lyrics:

"I'll take you for who you are, if you take me for everything..."

"I don't mind, don't care, as long as you're here..."

Agh...it's stuck in my head, please help me.

Sick Puppies - All the Same

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

MrGreenShirt posted:

Definitely not. The only place i could find the song was in this horrible little video. The audio's all messed up, but you can hear it fairly clearly from 1:06 to 1:08 and a very slowed down version from 0:38 to 0:44.

Seriously, it's like the song powerhouse, that it's in a bunch of cartoons, everybody's heard it before, but few know the name of it. I just have to put this to rest once and for all.

I guess besides stereotypical organ grinder music, it's also kinda stereotypical gypsy music.

This is the song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lx9tD9tU0UU

And I've found a bunch of people referring to it as "Tarantella Siciliana", if that helps, but I've yet to figure out the composer

MrGreenShirt
Mar 14, 2005

Hell of a book. It's about bunnies!

This is the song

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lx9tD9tU0UU

And I've found a bunch of people referring to it as "Tarantella Siciliana", if that helps, but I've yet to figure out the composer

Oh dear god, thank you, thank you, thank you, a million times thank you!

flunk XVI
Apr 4, 2005

SUPERMAN!!!
I partially seen this video the other day, it was rock, the lead singer was wearing a red jacket and black hat, and there were ninjas all dresses from head to toe in black going about the place. The chorus was a long aaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhh oaaaaaa.

I think it's a few years old too.

Arwox
Mar 19, 2007

why doesnt anyone know my song? :argh:

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Arwox posted:

why doesnt anyone know my song? :argh:

was the song in the soundtrack? you might start there

Arwox
Mar 19, 2007

was the song in the soundtrack? you might start there

A good idea but no luck. This has been eating at me for weeks now. Ive heard the song so many times but i cant seem to find it on my computer.

Guru Ant
Dec 20, 2006
Ok, I've been trying to find out what song this is for about 2 years. I've only heard 3 times on the radio, yet I still can't identify it. So here's a description:

It's definately a classic rock song. At least that's what I believe.

The beginning of this mystery song has guitar playing that sounds familiar to the playing that starts about 25 seconds into this video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=cLTumk3OXMg). You know with that asian kind of flare I guess.

The chorus sounds like "And it hurts, and it hurts, and it hurts" and continues with that a couple times. At least, that's what it sounds like.

Some of the other lyrics in the song may include "fire lights your eyes" or "world slows you down". For some reason it reminds of the Flock of Seagulls.

If you tell me what this song is I'll love you forever internet stranger.

Guru Ant fucked around with this message at 06:58 on Sep 18, 2007

MarioOnTheComputer
Feb 5, 2002

guruant posted:

Ok, I've been trying to find out what song this is for about 2 years. I've only heard 3 times on the radio, yet I still can't identify it. So here's a description:

The beginning of this mystery song has guitar playing that sounds familiar to the playing that starts about 25 seconds into this video (http://youtube.com/watch?v=cLTumk3OXMg). You know with that asian kind of flare I guess.

The chorus sounds like "And it hurts, and it hurts, and it hurts" and continues with that a couple times. At least, that's what it sounds like.

Some of the other lyrics in the song may include "fire lights your eyes" or "world slows you down". For some reason it reminds of the Flock of Seagulls.

Not remotely classic rock, but from the description it sounds like Gavin Rossdale - Adrenaline

Guru Ant
Dec 20, 2006

HorseRotorvator posted:

Not remotely classic rock, but from the description it sounds like Gavin Rossdale - Adrenaline

Nope :(

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King
The dance track from:
http://www.main-vision.com/video/detail.php?c=1&i=6c08ddf87c6922f6741bd3bad842cc0a328c5053
It's really popular but gently caress me if I know what it's called.

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

Better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

lewi posted:

The dance track from:
http://www.main-vision.com/video/detail.php?c=1&i=6c08ddf87c6922f6741bd3bad842cc0a328c5053
It's really popular but gently caress me if I know what it's called.

The file was broke for me - it did try and save as 'Sandstorm' for some reason. So Maybe its Darude - Sandstorm?

lewi
Sep 3, 2006
King

Retroboy posted:

The file was broke for me - it did try and save as 'Sandstorm' for some reason. So Maybe its Darude - Sandstorm?

Clever. Never thought of that! And yeah you're right.

Mr. Mojo Risin
Oct 11, 2006
Alright guys, here's a song that I've heard used a thousand times but I've never actually heard the original song. It goes something like "Help me, I think I'm falling in love again..."

The most recent appearance is in this video from 0:42-0:55

A local band sampled it on a cd they made about ten years ago and ever since then I've been wondering what it is but I have yet to figure it out.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

guruant posted:

try looking through this http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sitar_in_popular_music

quote:

Alright guys, here's a song that I've heard used a thousand times but I've never actually heard the original song. It goes something like "Help me, I think I'm falling in love again..."

The most recent appearance is in this video from 0:42-0:55

:siren: what video?

PissFilledCumBubble fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Sep 19, 2007

Mr. Mojo Risin
Oct 11, 2006

:siren: what video?

poo poo. That is a good question, sorry about that.

Try this one!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vVFa2iuKmFw

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

since he mentions Joni Mitchell, i would guess Joni Mitchell - Help Me

the lyrics fit the song as well

FitFortDanga
Nov 19, 2004

Nice try, asshole

since he mentions Joni Mitchell, i would guess Joni Mitchell - Help Me

the lyrics fit the song as well

Yes, that's what the guy is singing. Fun trivia fact: there's a South Park episode where Butters is singing this song to himself. I laughed my rear end off.

KungfooMF
Feb 21, 2002

I heard an incredibly cheesy song on the radio the other day. I have heard it before, but not for many years. I think it was probably done in the 70's.

Female singer. Song has a lot of desert imagery and she talks about taking you out behind a sand dune to kick up some dust or something like that. It is a really cheesy song.

halonone
Jun 6, 2006

KungfooMF posted:

I heard an incredibly cheesy song on the radio the other day. I have heard it before, but not for many years. I think it was probably done in the 70's.

Female singer. Song has a lot of desert imagery and she talks about taking you out behind a sand dune to kick up some dust or something like that. It is a really cheesy song.

"Midnight at the Oasis" by Maria Muldauer?

Graviton v2
Mar 2, 2007

by angerbeet
Im looking for name/artist of this techno/gabba record that used a drop from the film "One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest".

"Im talking about form, im talking about content, im talking about intereltionships, im talking about god, the devil, hell, heaven, do you understand, finally!!!"

It was loving awesome and id love to find it.

Probably from about ... 8-12 years ago.

Hows that for a tricky one!

Butt Reactor
Oct 6, 2005

Even in zero gravity, you're an asshole.
Hopefully this hasn't been posted before, and that someone can answer this before it drives me nuts.

I was watching a documentary on burning man a couple days when the soundtrack for a crazy rave scene kicked into some techno. I've heard this before and I can't figure out what it's called :xd: It has a choir singing some Russian opera or piece and then getting remixed a bunch of times with a high BPM. The vocal part is familiar, anyone would recognize it since its been used in dramatic movies, plays, etc.

I'll help by starting out that it is NOT kalinka by DJ tiesto, or a variety of other stuff involving the Red Army Choir.

e: and after some youtube research it isn't neodammerung, and it could be German instead of Russian

Butt Reactor fucked around with this message at 06:22 on Sep 20, 2007

MC Fruit Stripe
Nov 26, 2002

around and around we go
Heard this song a few days ago on Ethel. It's a pretty standard modern indie song - not very good to be blunt. What stuck out about it to me was that the singer would sing a line from the verse, then vocalize. Note for note, it was the same do-do-do that is in Garbage's Queer. You know that one. Anyone have any idea what song that was? It was a perfect cross between Queer and the sound of another band who I can't remember.

Also, if anyone knows who the band is that's playing during the theatrical trailer for Ken Burns's War, I'd like to know that one. I know I've heard that guy's voice before, but I just couldn't place it. Modern band, but damned if I could tell from the small bit on the trailer. Located! Placebo - Running Up That Hill

MC Fruit Stripe fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Sep 20, 2007

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

Better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Butt Reactor posted:

Hopefully this hasn't been posted before, and that someone can answer this before it drives me nuts.

I was watching a documentary on burning man a couple days when the soundtrack for a crazy rave scene kicked into some techno. I've heard this before and I can't figure out what it's called :xd: It has a choir singing some Russian opera or piece and then getting remixed a bunch of times with a high BPM. The vocal part is familiar, anyone would recognize it since its been used in dramatic movies, plays, etc.

I'll help by starting out that it is NOT kalinka by DJ tiesto, or a variety of other stuff involving the Red Army Choir.

e: and after some youtube research it isn't neodammerung, and it could be German instead of Russian

Got a rough idea of how old it is? Bit of a stab in the dark but try Tin Tin Out - Strings For Yasmin.