Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
HumanCropcircle
Sep 26, 2005

Rushmore posted:

I'll upload it soon for you. thanks for pointing me at it, I'll be sure to listen after TACS is over

Awesome, thanks. I'm really looking forward to this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

HumanCropcircle posted:

Awesome, thanks. I'm really looking forward to this.

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/Loveline%20-%202001-10-10%20(Save%20Ferris).mp3

I forgot to post the link - sorry!

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
DONT LOOK AT ME DONT YOU LOOK AT ME DONT I WILL GIVE YOU SOMETHIN TO SMILE ABOUT UNF UGH UGH UGH UNF UNF UGH UGH UGH

plop WEE

*snores*

Oh my God I love DAG

HumanCropcircle
Sep 26, 2005

Awesome. Thanks, Rushmore. :D

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

Lincolnstein posted:

I've been listening to the stream non-stop for a while now. One of the episodes brought up this story about some kid who spent time in jail for breaking into a cemetery and stealing the head of a corpse and because of that, he had a hard time getting a girlfriend. Anyone know what episode it was where he called in? I wanna hear the whole conversation.

I know this is from a page back but I heard this one live and it has always been one of those :aaaaa: Loveline moments for me. Especially since I was barely fifteen at the time.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Moist von Lipwig posted:

I know this is from a page back but I heard this one live and it has always been one of those :aaaaa: Loveline moments for me. Especially since I was barely fifteen at the time.
The real :aaaaa: callers for me are inevitably the ones where the caller is claiming to have had sex with their dogs and/or sheep. Every one I've heard before has safely turned out to be bogus, I don't think I could sleep at night if they were real.

Stutes
Oct 13, 2005

Tonight's the Night

Grifter posted:

The real :aaaaa: callers for me are inevitably the ones where the caller is claiming to have had sex with their dogs and/or sheep. Every one I've heard before has safely turned out to be bogus, I don't think I could sleep at night if they were real.

You just haven't been listening enough.

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/1990s/Loveline%20-%201999-03-xx%20(James%20the%20Zoosexual)%20(inc)cf.mp3

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Is this what I think it is? Doggie Night?

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
I'm listening to a show from Sept. 13, 2001 with New Found Glory as the guest.

Imagine the stupid Loveline callers trying to talk politics, and stack on a stupid band trying to explain their viewpoints. It's hard to sit through.

"Um... like... um I'm like... um... Arabian... um and like um... I um like... um don't think... like um that... um... people... um should be um like um angry at like... I mean... um... it was um a um... tragedy... and um like I'm like... um Arabian... um and like... everytime... um like um I turn the TV... um... like.. um... on I see... um... Arabianics... being... um... killed... um... and... like... um... you... um.. shouldn't."

Bender fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 4, 2008

Alexandr
Jan 27, 2001

by Tiny Fistpump

Bender posted:

Imagine the stupid Loveline callers trying to talk politics, and stack on a stupid band trying to explain their viewpoints. It's hard to sit through.

"Um... like... um I'm like... um... Arabian... um and like um... I um like... um don't think... like um that... um... people... um should be um like um angry at like... I mean... um... it was um a um... tragedy... and um like I'm like... um Arabian... um and like... everytime... um like um I turn the TV... um... like.. um... on I see... um... Arabianics... being... um... killed... um... and... like... um... you... um.. shouldn't."
That caller pissed me off because I picked up on her saying 'Arabian', which is a term that has shown disuse as the alternatives of 'Saudi' and 'Arab' are far more precise in indicating either nationality or race. Retard.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Gentleman, we have seen the future.

Bender posted:

*clipped*

I was listening to the 9-12-2001 show and it is a bit surreal, really brings me back to that day. You can tell drew is really broken up by the days events, he goes through such a range of emotions, it really is scary seeing someone like drew who is such a rock as scattered as he is.

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Bumpon10s posted:

You can tell drew is really broken up by the days events, he goes through such a range of emotions, it really is scary seeing someone like drew who is such a rock as scattered as he is.
It's scary to hear what 9/11 does to him. He starts advocating the removal of various kinds of civil liberties and is clearly just spasming in fear. Just goes to show that even if you're a really smart guy being scared and shocked can really take it out of you. I bet you'd get completely different answers out of him now.

Rodney Munch
May 4, 2006

IT'S NOT MY FAULT THAT MY GENES HATE HOMOSEXUALS

Grifter posted:

It's scary to hear what 9/11 does to him. He starts advocating the removal of various kinds of civil liberties and is clearly just spasming in fear. Just goes to show that even if you're a really smart guy being scared and shocked can really take it out of you. I bet you'd get completely different answers out of him now.

Howard Stern was the same way. If you go listen to the 9-11 and 9-12 episodes of his show you can hear Howard demanding we go to war with all the middle eastern countries immediately and drop nukes if needed.

Today Howard is a pretty big anti-war guy.

Evil Vin
Jun 14, 2006

♪ Sing everybody "Deutsche Deutsche"
Vaya con dios amigos! ♪

Fallen Rib

Rodney Munch posted:

Howard Stern was the same way. If you go listen to the 9-11 and 9-12 episodes of his show you can hear Howard demanding we go to war with all the middle eastern countries immediately and drop nukes if needed.

Today Howard is a pretty big anti-war guy.

Having listened to Howard during that time he was pretty pro-war until 2003ish [actually it might have been 2004ish since I recall Fahrenheit 9/11 making him changes his mind], for that time Howard mention how he loved videos of middle easterners getting bombed and such. Then one day he changed mind after seeing Fahrenheit 9/11 and totally went anti-war. Then he started getting hassled by the FCC, and he got really :tinfoil: and started really getting super anti-war since he blamed it on Bush. (The FCC problems that is)

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~

Bumpon10s posted:

I was listening to the 9-12-2001 show and it is a bit surreal, really brings me back to that day. You can tell drew is really broken up by the days events, he goes through such a range of emotions, it really is scary seeing someone like drew who is such a rock as scattered as he is.

You should really read his book Cracked. Something that happened to one of his patients she died really hosed him up. It's a fantastic read, and really gives you a lot of insight into who Drew is.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

Bumpon10s posted:

I remember listening to Loveline around that time period and Adam and Drew just kinda sitting back while a bunch of kids called in crying. I'm only up to July 2001, and that 44GB torrent is down :(. I only downloaded like 4GB worth of shows... I think I'm going to run out soon.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

EnsGDT posted:

You should really read his book Cracked. Something that happened to one of his patients she died really hosed him up. It's a fantastic read, and really gives you a lot of insight into who Drew is.

I have the early hardcover edition of it, a fantastic read.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer
I flipped on Drew's noon show today and Adam was on again. I only caught a little bit, but the magic was there and they kept mentioning it becoming their reunion hour.

Nevermind, it was a rerun.

Liquid Penguins fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 8, 2008

Bolek
May 1, 2003

Liquid Penguins posted:

I flipped on Drew's noon show today and Adam was on again. I only caught a little bit, but the magic was there and they kept mentioning it becoming their reunion hour.

Was it a rerun or an all new show?

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

TylerDurden posted:

Was it a rerun or an all new show?

I have no idea. I only caught the last 10 minutes. If I were to guess, it was a new show.

VVV Yeah, you're right. Sorry about that.

Liquid Penguins fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Jan 8, 2008

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Getting the podcast now (from here).

Edit: No, it's the old show, I'm pretty sure. Starts at around 7 minutes into the 12:00 thing.

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 04:33 on Jan 8, 2008

subscreet
Jul 1, 2007
Anybody else catch Drew on Inside Edition just now? He was defending one of the American Idol contestants in court and commented on Britney Spears. They also mentioned his new show, Celebrity Rehab.

Bumpon10s
Dec 9, 2004

Carthag posted:

Getting the podcast now (from here).

Edit: No, it's the old show, I'm pretty sure. Starts at around 7 minutes into the 12:00 thing.

Wow, this just feels so right...

DJJustice
Sep 7, 2006

UNTOPPSABLE
Any of you fellow Loveline afficionados remember the episode where Adam helps to calm down a hysterical blind woman who attempted suicide? He starts out making fun of her accent, but when they start talking to her and hearing her story he switches from verbal abuse and really tries to cheer her up. It's one of my favorite Loveline moments, but I have no idea what the date is.

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan
I just listened to the 2001 Jan 09 show with Doctor Bruce, and the last call is possibly the best Mason Jar I've heard.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

But speaking of new episodes, did anyone hear the October 22nd episode with the Sklar Brothers? They're pretty funny, but the highlight of the show is Reggie the security guard rapping, and everyone's reactions to it. You've probably heard drops from it if you've been listening lately. It's here for download: http://lovelineshow.com/programhighlights?pid=16473

I urge everyone to listen to the Sklar Brothers episode. It's a really awesome episode.

Bender
May 12, 2001

Fun Shoe
Give 02/09/2005 a listen. Adam and Drew with no guest. A guy named Ron calls in. Ron is a Wiccan piece of garbage dad, and Adam goes absolutely NUTS on him. Adam just completely destroys him.

Ron's call starts at about 43:55 in. Adam spends over 20 minutes on him.

ohnobugs
Feb 22, 2003

Moist von Lipwig posted:

I just listened to the 2001 Jan 09 show with Doctor Bruce, and the last call is possibly the best Mason Jar I've heard.

Weird, I just finished listening to the same show. And I'd have to agree.

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

2010: Year of M&M
Is anyone at all interested in Drew's new show on VH1?

Lincolnstein
Sep 10, 2007

caffeinefree posted:

Is anyone at all interested in Drew's new show on VH1?

I watched it tonight and I laughed when Dr. Drew was like "How dare they" to Jeff Conaway.

caffeinefree
Aug 5, 2003

2010: Year of M&M
Conaway was a loving mess. Jesus Christ was that depressing.

I didn't have high hopes for this show and am only watching it for Drew, but it's pretty interesting and entertaining thus far. I would prefer if Drew spent an hour yelling some sense into them (some of them are downright retarded) but we're only one show in. What I did get right away is that Drew must have the patience of a saint to deal with these types of people on a daily basis.

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.
Not sure if it's been mentioned yet, but if you have a Jailbroken IPhone, there's a Loveline channel on IRadio under Talk. It's random shows, but oh god, I am just now catching up on the greatest show ever on talk radio.

BAM!
Jun 23, 2007
Two other great episodes:

http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202004-07-14%20(Guest%20-%20Jeremy%20Piven).mp3
Jeremy Piven drops the f bomb on air and the engineers miss it. Also, Adam lectures engineer Chris on junior college.

http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202002-08-08.mp3
Adam declares that he ate pot brownies on air and the 5-0 show up.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

caffeinefree posted:

I didn't have high hopes for this show and am only watching it for Drew, but it's pretty interesting and entertaining thus far. I would prefer if Drew spent an hour yelling some sense into them (some of them are downright retarded) but we're only one show in. What I did get right away is that Drew must have the patience of a saint to deal with these types of people on a daily basis.
I'm going to have to try to catch the show, I'm always interested in the way Drew approaches the subject. I've heard him speak of celebrities and addiction before, and his perspective is always interesting, and one you don't often see expressed in the media. He treats them as real people with serious problems, and seems truly passionate about trying to help them.

A HUNGRY MOUTH
Nov 3, 2006

date of birth: 02/05/88
manufacturer: mazda
model/year: 2008 mazda6
sexuality: straight, bi-curious
peircings: pusspuss

Nap Ghost

caffeinefree posted:

I agree with this. Drew and the staff came across as a little callous, but I think that was because I half-expected some kind of emotional display for the cameras. To his credit, it looks like he is neither going to coddle the celebrities nor castigate them, but it's strange to see famous people, on television, being treated no differently than any other addicts in a treatment program.

Jagfire
Aug 16, 2003

Boing!
I think the Loveline stream is down :(

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah
I don't suppose this loveline archive link works for anybody else? Looks like a broken link to me :(
link

Do Not Eat The Tail
Apr 13, 2007

There are consequences! Buttmouth
I just finished dl'ing the whole torrent and am now on the 4th show.

Kari Wuhrer should never be near a microphone.

electronic jew
Nov 19, 2003
pastor of muppets
According to this, David Alan Grier will never be on the show again. Did he vomit again on-air? Why would they bar him--this sucks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aquamarie
Jul 22, 2004

do not swim without knowing jeez

electronic jew posted:

According to this, David Alan Grier will never be on the show again. Did he vomit again on-air? Why would they bar him--this sucks!

I think DAG posted on his MySpace blog about it - basically he was kind of bitter about the fact that the the producers couldn't give him any good answer and when Drew was questioned, he said he wasn't sure why either. :(

• Locked thread