Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
whoa hey wait what

I'll be throwing out replies later, but I just wanted to clear something up before we get more misunderstandings:

You cannot vote for Ayame. It would be like trying to vote for Yoneda or the three girls of the theater.

That is all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Voting Yoneda.

Bobfly
Apr 22, 2007
EGADS!

Sindai posted:

Voting Yoneda.

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer

Tabachinova posted:

I have been following this great LP for a time now, and i didn't vote because i didn't know you could vote for her.
Ayame :swoon:

drat you! :argh:

Um, dammit, i have to do something so I don't look like a copycat...
Vote for Ayame and Yoneda to hook up and adopt them all. And then take this stage on the road!

CandyHigh
Dec 4, 2007
Let's crack open a can of icing.
Kanna! She kicks sharks. (And made me unlurk.)

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Bobfly posted:

voting yoneda

If only......

*insert awesome MSpaint drawing I don't have the skills for here*

GruntyThrst fucked around with this message at 04:02 on Jan 16, 2008

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

If you will not serve in combat, you will serve on the firing line!

Spirit Armor posted:

You cannot vote for Ayame. It would be like trying to vote for Yoneda or the three girls of the theater.

That is all.

KHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAN! :argh:

linall
Feb 1, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

You cannot vote for Ayame.

It's because of the hair isn't it? I get the feeling it would cripple Ogami given the slightest chance. This leads to one of three secret bad ends. It's an equal toss up out of Iris, Sakura, or Kroran stumbling upon Ogami's completely defenceless body first.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Er... right then, if I keep trying to reply to everyone like this, I am probably going to end up curled in a little ball in the corner.

That the thread has grown to this extent has made me pretty darn happy, let me tell you that. :frogbon:

Also, I'm going to be away from Friday to Monday; I'll do my best to get a short update out before I leave.

Anyway, I've updated the vote count thus far:

[Sumire]

First Place: 27

[Kanna]

Second Place: 25

[Maria]

Third Place: 22

[Kohran]

Somewhere Down There: 16

Tabachinova
May 6, 2007

You say...

You say you'd still rather wear the outfit.

Spirit Armor posted:

whoa hey wait what

I'll be throwing out replies later, but I just wanted to clear something up before we get more misunderstandings:

That is all.

Awwwwwww, I new it was to serious to be true

EricFate
Aug 31, 2001

Crumpets. Glorious Crumpets.
I think I need to throw in a vote for Kanna. She's proven to be the least needy, and has actually stepped in to save the lead character at least once. Sure she followed that up by using us as a human punching bag for two go rounds -- but we volunteered for that.

whateverfor
Jul 23, 2007
fuck you sped
Throwing in a vote for Maria, because I have a strong feeling that whatever is about to happen with Sumire and Kanna is going to be fifteen levels of retarded.

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007

Spirit Armor posted:

He could get mobbed by a bunch of fairly irate women.

They finally agreed to just rip him into evenly sized pieces instead of sharing.

VSharp
Feb 13, 2004

That's how easy love can be!
Okay, if it's that close then I'm going to jump into this thread finally and vote for Kanna.

Awesome thread Spirit Armor! I had no idea how cool this series was, and your commentary has made it even more fun to read.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Votes noted!

[Sumire] and [Kanna]

TIED FOR FIRST: 27

[Maria]

Second Place: 23

[Kohran]

Somewhere Down There: 16

I can't believe it. Kanna's punched her way from fourth to a tie for first place. :aaaaa: I DID say that the voting could go any which way, but...

Oh, right.

whateverfor posted:

... because I have a strong feeling that whatever is about to happen with Sumire and Kanna is going to be fifteen levels of retarded.

Good news: Ogami isn't actually alone in a room with both Sumire and Kanna. :v:

Bad news: He's alone in a room with Sumire, Kanna, Maria, Kohran, and Sakura. (They just can't seem to fit more than two people on the screen at a time.) :gonk:

Tikiglass
Dec 28, 2007

Just replace all your kobolds with this...

Voting for Sumire.
Because getting treated like a yes man, is better then a punching bag.

ManSedan
May 7, 2006
Seats 4

Spirit Armor posted:

[Sumire] and [Kanna]

Come on, Sumire Army! Think of those vast tracts! Of land!

Kevin Mitchell
Dec 8, 2005
What the hell, I'll vote for Sumire. Manly women scare me.

Morgenthau
Aug 28, 2007
Circumstances have gone beyond my control.

Spirit Armor posted:

[Sumire] and [Kanna]

Figures. Guys love them some catfight action!

Is it by co-inky-dink that this will culminate in a special double character showoff chapter? :iamafag:

Locus Cosecant
Jan 12, 2008
Well, if it's come to this, I'll switch my vote to Sumire, as part of the "Anyone but Kanna" coalition. But I feel bad not voting for Kohran...

Any chance you could set up a Cloneproof Schwartz Sequential Dropping voting system, rather than this current winner-takes-all crap?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I thought my wonderful Sumire was sunk, but it seems her bounteous bosom is keeping her afloat! I switch my vote from Kanna back to Sumire. Sadly, my appreciation for the classic female form overrides my desire to see Kanna screw Ogami until he dies (which would take about 10 seconds, I think).

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Locus Cosecant posted:

Any chance you could set up a Cloneproof Schwartz Sequential Dropping voting system, rather than this current winner-takes-all crap?

Yeah, I can see how this current system might not be the best for what I had in mind. I think the problem is that there are already a lot of votes IN at this point in time.

The answer basically is: perhaps, but only if you (or someone) could elaborate as to what in the world it is and how it would work, because I'm drawing a complete blank.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 05:17 on Jan 17, 2008

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Holy PowerPoint posted:

What the hell, I'll vote for Sumire. Women who look like men scare me.

I've already voted for Sumire so votes like this make me happy :)

Ice Phisherman
Apr 12, 2007

Swimming upstream
into the sunset

Spirit Armor posted:

He could get mobbed by a bunch of fairly irate women.

ME WANT SNU-SNU.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying

Spirit Armor posted:

Yeah, I can see how this current system might not be the best for what I had in mind. I think the problem is that there are already a lot of votes IN at this point in time.
You should just reset voting once we actually reach the point where we have to choose. Having it open from the start of the game was a bad idea anyway.

Sindai fucked around with this message at 18:55 on Jan 17, 2008

One Legged Cat
Aug 31, 2004

DAY I GOT COOKIE
Be proud, Spirit Armor. Unless I'm mistaken, you've managed to rile the LP forum into a long, grueling vote war fiercer than any it's ever seen.

edit: Well, excluding the week that the Animal Crossing OP left everyone to decide whether or not to open the box.

JimmyT64
Oct 27, 2007
I'm Special!

One Legged Cat posted:

Be proud, Spirit Armor. Unless I'm mistaken, you've managed to rile the LP forum into a long, grueling vote war fiercer than any it's ever seen.

edit: Well, excluding the week that the Animal Crossing OP left everyone to decide whether or not to open the box.

Those were hard days. Thousands lost everyday...:patriot:

Anyway, backing up whoever said reset the voting. There are probably votes counted for people who don't even read the thread anymore! Such injustice cannot stand!

Silentman0
Jul 11, 2005

I have a new neighbor. Heard he comes from far away
Voting Kohran because I love science and the way she talks.

CapitanGarlic
Feb 29, 2004

Much, much more.
Voting Sumire, because a vote for Kanna is a vote for getting punched in the balls.

Schadenfraulein
Dec 23, 2006
a front row seat to the gun show
Still voting Kanna, because a vote for Kanna is a vote for Ohgami getting punched in the balls.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Votes noted! And, well, Sumire's ahead.

One Legged Cat posted:

I think quite literally EVERYONE in the LP forum was posting in the Animal Crossing thread that week.

Sindai posted:

You should just reset voting once we actually reach the point where we have to choose. Having it open from the start of the game was a bad idea anyway.

Sounds about right, but maybe with a twist: I won't throw out all the votes we've had so far, because that would be a bloody waste.

However, they won't be the final word; instead, it just determines the top three. The three pilots with the fewest votes will be eliminated.

Thus, when That Time arrives (i.e. when it's time to determine who will be Ogami's top pilot, wink wink nudge nudge etc), I'll just reset the votes and let you all decide WHICH of the top three pilots will be the Chosen One.

... so basically, what Locus Cosecant was saying. Thoughts?

Eru
Dec 29, 2004

by Fistgrrl
I finally decided to take a good look at this thread after spotting it on the first page a few times and then I just couldn't stop reading.
Great stuff; it really motivates me to keep learning Japanese.

I'll be faithfully casting my vote for Sumire.

Oujosama moe is the only correct option.

Son Conan
Sep 25, 2007

I remember checking out this thread when it first started. I skimmed it, but then for some reason decided to ignore it. Then, after seeing that it was still going, I thought I'd take another look.

I can't believe that I ignored this thread. The way you've been handling this game is freaking incredible. And, as a plus, the game itself isn't bad at all.

For a long time, I've been torn between voting for Kohran (BRAINS!) or Kanna (BRAWN!), but seeing as how so many people have been voting for Kanna, it seems that Kohran gets my vote (for now).

Son Conan fucked around with this message at 04:55 on Jan 18, 2008

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Spirit Armor posted:

Thus, when That Time arrives (i.e. when it's time to determine who will be Ogami's top pilot, wink wink nudge nudge etc), I'll just reset the votes and let you all decide WHICH of the top three pilots will be the Chosen One.

... so basically, what Locus Cosecant was saying. Thoughts?

I don't mind this idea - I'll still be voting for Sumire anyway, but at least this way votes won't be wasted on trying to get Iris in. :downs:

TapamN
Jan 10, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

Actually, the battle recordings probably aren't all that necessary, since Sakura Wars 2 (which, thankfully, is also the last of the grid-based systems) is coming up next anyways. Doubly so, since it looks like it'd 1) put you through a lot of trouble, or 2) lead to a number of spoilers.
I've just decided I'm going to do a ST1 battle anyways. I've been going though ST2, and there are quite a few differences between them.

For example, in ST2 and onwards, Oogami can preform three covers per battle to block all damage a team member takes. In ST1, Oogami has EIGHT covers per battle. It's pretty broken, yeah. At first, I thought the change was just a grid versus gridless issue, but then I got to my first Saturn ST2 battle... Another change would be that there are no wind/woods/etc options in ST1; it was first introduced in ST2. I again thought that was just a grid versus gridless issue. Another minor difference would be Sakura's special attack; it has infinite range in ST1, but is limited to five spaces in ST2, and in the gridless systems it equivalent to the range in ST2. And after the upgrade, Sakura's special attack is three spaces wide and still has infinite range! With it, Sakura can often kill off half of a map's enemies with a single move!

I'm going to do the first battle, it shouldn't take too long to play up to there, and with videos of the PS2 version up, it will give a nice comparison. But the first battle isn't exactly the most exciting... oh well.

I've also decided that I'll put up the DC version of Koi Koi. People can hear the minigame remix of Kohran's music that way. I'll also try to put up a video of what the theater looks like in ST1; it's missing a few areas that were added during ST2, and stuck back in for the PS2 version, such as the attic and being able to enter the courtyard. It's also static art, rather than rendered.

Spikey
May 12, 2001

From my cold, dead hands!

I just read through the entire thread.

Voting for Sumire.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
I hope this hasn't been posted yet, because it's just that awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRV_L_3FmsI&feature=related

wdarkk
Oct 26, 2007

Friends: Protected
World: Saved
Crablettes: Eaten
Voting for Sumire. Karate-girl looks like a man.

baby breath
Aug 20, 2007

is it time for my musical number? because I could really use a musical number.
Poor Maria. I vote for her. Even if she's a whiny emo sometimes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007

CannonFodder posted:

I hope this hasn't been posted yet, because it's just that awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uRV_L_3FmsI&feature=related

It is now karaoke time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sN2QrmJN6t8&NR=1

I also have to mention the man in CannonFodder's video is Segata Sanshiro, Sega's mascot during the Sega Saturn period. Watch him sell a Sega Saturn in this commercial.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SanWyvMQunI

And another. Selling video game consoles was serious business back then.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obLniZJF1H0

Grunduggerer fucked around with this message at 18:20 on Jan 20, 2008

• Locked thread