Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scott Pilgrim
Jun 11, 2007

this is kind of a strange request but i have some songs by a band called "Widows", the album is "Bronze." i've looked high and low and for the life of me i can't find any information on them at all. any help is appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sinep
Feb 3, 2007
Ok I don't know who this band is but I ruled out the possibility of it being Arch Enemy. The song starts out with the female vocalist singing "Hush Little Baby" against some typical psuedo creepy metal sounding strings. Then her and the rest of the band proceed to destroy the world. Something about "Don't you know I'm insane?!" repeated over and over in one the verses. Help?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Scott Pilgrim posted:

this is kind of a strange request but i have some songs by a band called "Widows", the album is "Bronze." i've looked high and low and for the life of me i can't find any information on them at all. any help is appreciated.

http://www.myspace.com/zulupearls

MySpace posted:

Zulu Pearls is a rock band from Washington, DC. The band was previously called "Widows" and past members include members of Engine Down, Strike Anywhere and Heavens. Their debut self-titled record is available July 24th, 2007 via ECA Records.

and here's the tracklist for "Bronze," but when they changed their name they renamed the CD "Zulu Pearls" as well

http://www.ecarecords.com/releases/zulu-pearls/zulu-pearls/index.php

sinep posted:

Ok I don't know who this band is but I ruled out the possibility of it being Arch Enemy. The song starts out with the female vocalist singing "Hush Little Baby" against some typical psuedo creepy metal sounding strings. Then her and the rest of the band proceed to destroy the world. Something about "Don't you know I'm insane?!" repeated over and over in one the verses. Help?

Otep - Eat the Children

the verse thing is "Don't you know they are the prey?"

PissFilledCumBubble fucked around with this message at 17:28 on Feb 18, 2008

Jose Cuervo
Aug 25, 2004
I heard this rap song and didn't pick up the name. All I remember is some lyrics that sounded like this:

It's on it's on and i'm home git tha patron and tellem that it's on

I am guessing it is some top 40 song. Thanks.

EDIT: Found the song, it is called 'My drink n' my two step' by Cassidy

Jose Cuervo fucked around with this message at 15:49 on Feb 18, 2008

sinep
Feb 3, 2007

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

http://www.myspace.com/zulupearls

and here's the tracklist for "Bronze," but when they changed their name they renamed the CD "Zulu Pearls" as well

http://www.ecarecords.com/releases/zulu-pearls/zulu-pearls/index.php

Otep - Eat the Children

the verse thing is "Don't you know they are the prey?"

Thank you so much! I heard the song on the radio (!) last night and they didn't even mention the name of the band! I was kinda pissed.

ProperCauldron
Oct 11, 2004

nah chill
A lyrical verse ends with something like "and I'm too young and you're too old." The melody for the line is VERY similar to Cotton-Eye Joe. The song was probably written between 1990 and the present. Kind of folksy. Possibly a deep voice, but not necessarily a bass.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

sinep posted:

Here's a video for Otep - Eat the Children
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeb3SpBwxug

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy
doublepost, my bad

Poppycoke
Dec 22, 2006

Miaow

Rivfader posted:

Travis - Driftwood perhaps?

The Coral - Dreaming of You

it played on an episode of Scrubs in 2002, if that helps

Awesome, thanks so much!

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up

chachu posted:

Thanks!

I have another one. I heard it at about noon today on 94.7 in Portland. It was a live version of a slow, acoustic, very happy song sung by a male. The main gist of the song was about staying inside because it's raining and ignoring the alarm and cuddling in bed, I think. The last few lines of the song were lyrics to Stir It Up by Bob Marley. It was a pleasant little song, but for some reason it's not on their playlist on the KNRK website.

Guessing this is Jack Johnson - Banana Pancakes.

Aulus
Mar 7, 2005

Le monde entier!
Est un cactus!
Il est impossible de s'asseoir!

ProperCoochie posted:

A lyrical verse ends with something like "and I'm too young and you're too old." The melody for the line is VERY similar to Cotton-Eye Joe. The song was probably written between 1990 and the present. Kind of folksy. Possibly a deep voice, but not necessarily a bass.
It's not folksy or deep-voiced, but it does kind of sound like Cotton-Eyed Joe...Aaron Carter?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=btdH4TWz2_A

emgeejay
Dec 8, 2007

I got two. First: What's the tune Will Smith taps his glasses to in the first part of this video? http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4791141 I'm not exaggerating when I say my friend's been trying to figure this out for a year.

Second: A long time ago now, late at night, I saw a music video on Bravo! (Canadian Cable TV Channel, it plays really weird music videos late at night.) One video, whose tune I can`t remember, featured a skinny, balding John Waters lookalike with bad teeth singing and playing guitar in a dark, comfortable room full of small dogs. The song was kind of country-esque, I guess, and at one point the dogs were flying up in the air in slow motion. Any takersÉ^

Edit: Oh God, what`s happened to my question marksÉ

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Max22 posted:

I got two. First: What's the tune Will Smith taps his glasses to in the first part of this video? http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4791141 I'm not exaggerating when I say my friend's been trying to figure this out for a year.

The first thing that sprang to mind was 'Unfinished Sympathy' by Massive Attack... I doubt it is that, but it's not far off.

LL_Ghoul_J
Oct 22, 2004

Get Heavy

Max22 posted:

I got two. First: What's the tune Will Smith taps his glasses to in the first part of this video? http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4791141 I'm not exaggerating when I say my friend's been trying to figure this out for a

Maybe your friend is thinking of Run DMC - Peter Piper? (It's not exactly the same melody, but sounds similar in tone. If you want to get technical, Run DMC samples "Take me to the Mardi Gras" by Bob James on that track.)

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Max22 posted:

What's the tune Will Smith taps his glasses to in the first part of this video? http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=4791141 I'm not exaggerating when I say my friend's been trying to figure this out for a year.

according to a youtube comment i saw, some guy says "it's from nightmare on my street", which was a fresh prince and dj jazzy jeff song off their 1988 album, so it would make sense to be on that episode (from 1990) i downloaded the track and the bass line of it is rhythmically the same, and pretty close note-wise.

here's a youtube video of "nightmare on my street"

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=J-vkHZ5TfoY

gargamale
Oct 11, 2004

by FactsAreUseless
My wife has a mix-CD with a song on it with the below lyrics:

"Jungle music fire upon Hollywood, you bring the fire, and Ill bring more wood" as the chorus. It's a hip hop song with tribal drums.

Can anyone please identify this for me? It's driving me crazy and I want to buy the whole album for her.

Dinictus
Nov 26, 2005

May our CoX spray white sticky fluid at our enemies forever!
HAIL ARACHNOS!
Soiled Meat
I'm trying to look for the source of a particular sample used in a song.

DJLG, a Polish DJ if I'm not mistaken, has used in his/her 2006 ZAKONCZENIE WAKACI mix this tune. And I just can't place what it is, but I love it.

Could someone tell me who's responsible for this tune?

EDIT: VVV Ah. Thanks.

Dinictus fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Feb 20, 2008

Retroboy
Jul 12, 2006

Better a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy

Dinictus posted:

I'm trying to look for the source of a particular sample used in a song.

DJLG, a Polish DJ if I'm not mistaken, has used in his/her 2006 ZAKONCZENIE WAKACI mix this tune. And I just can't place what it is, but I love it.

Could someone tell me who's responsible for this tune?

Basshunter - Now You're Gone

This was just at the top of the UK charts for the last month.

Previously released as 'Boten Anna' around parts of Europe.

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

Heard a rap song, assuming it's Southern since I heard "dirty south" mentioned, done over the opening of Big Chief by Professor Longhair

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Sexy Pants posted:

Heard a rap song, assuming it's Southern since I heard "dirty south" mentioned, done over the opening of Big Chief by Professor Longhair

Lily Allen - Knock 'Em Out

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

Ah yes, Lily Allen, that well-known rapper. I think maybe it's something else.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

VolumeOverTalent posted:

Ah yes, Lily Allen, that well-known rapper. I think maybe it's something else.

i looked before i leaped, but that song does sample "Big Chief"

VolumeOverTalent
Jan 27, 2006

i looked before i leaped, but that song does sample "Big Chief"

Aye, it does. In fact, nearly every song on her album is sampled from somewhere or other.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

I was born ready. I'm Ron Fucking Swanson.
A crosspost from the Metal megathread.

I need some help identifying a song I heard on Sirius Hard Attack recently. I unfortunately don't have a huge amount of information to go on but I figure someone here will know what song I am talking about.

The song starts with a decently long instrumental section, at first with only guitar work, possibly bass as well, very fast, like a guitar solo except not using the high notes like normal. After 10-15 seconds the drums kick in, and this lasts for what felt like around a minute. After this there are vocals, nothing too growly. Then only word from the chorus that I can remember is 'adrenalin'.

I really really liked this song and want to check the band out, but the station didn't mention who the artist was.

Can anyone help?

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Mistikman posted:

A crosspost from the Metal megathread.

I need some help identifying a song I heard on Sirius Hard Attack recently. I unfortunately don't have a huge amount of information to go on but I figure someone here will know what song I am talking about.

The song starts with a decently long instrumental section, at first with only guitar work, possibly bass as well, very fast, like a guitar solo except not using the high notes like normal. After 10-15 seconds the drums kick in, and this lasts for what felt like around a minute. After this there are vocals, nothing too growly. Then only word from the chorus that I can remember is 'adrenalin'.

I really really liked this song and want to check the band out, but the station didn't mention who the artist was.

Can anyone help?

If you remember when you heard it, Sirius keeps pretty extensive playlists on their website; you might be able to track it down that way.

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

Agitate! Agitate! posted:

If you remember when you heard it, Sirius keeps pretty extensive playlists on their website; you might be able to track it down that way.

Do they? I went to their website for Hard Attack and for the life of me could not find a list of songs played. This is where I first tried to find it,

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Mistikman posted:

Do they? I went to their website for Hard Attack and for the life of me could not find a list of songs played. This is where I first tried to find it,

Aha, I found this and assumed it was part of their website but it looks like it's unlicensed. Maybe it will help anyway?

Young Cato
Dec 22, 2006
holla ho holla
Back in middle school my mom always used to play the local smooth jazz station in the car. There was a song I had heard multiple times and liked a lot. However, due to lack of lyrics I really have nothing to go by in terms of googling. It was just an acoustic guitar melody played over and over, with maybe some light drums in the background. I think near the middle of the song some female come in, going "da-da-da, da-da-da" along with the melody. Sounds a little latin, maybe. Any ideas?

Mistikman
Jan 21, 2001

Aha, I found this and assumed it was part of their website but it looks like it's unlicensed. Maybe it will help anyway?

Someone linked that same thing in the Metal thread and I found the song. It's Evile - Thrasher. Thanks for the help

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Young Cato posted:

Back in middle school my mom always used to play the local smooth jazz station in the car. There was a song I had heard multiple times and liked a lot. However, due to lack of lyrics I really have nothing to go by in terms of googling. It was just an acoustic guitar melody played over and over, with maybe some light drums in the background. I think near the middle of the song some female come in, going "da-da-da, da-da-da" along with the melody. Sounds a little latin, maybe. Any ideas?

Man, I want to say that it sounds like you're describing the Getz/Gilberto version of "Girl From Ipanema" but that has singing through most of it.

Young Cato
Dec 22, 2006
holla ho holla

Man, I want to say that it sounds like you're describing the Getz/Gilberto version of "Girl From Ipanema" but that has singing through most of it.

Nah, and the mood isn't nearly the same as Girl From Ipanema. It has a more romantic/passionate tone. I could imagine a spanish couple dancing to it on a balcony under the stars, with roses in their mouths.

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

I haven't heard much Lilly Allen but I'm pretty sure her voice isn't male enough

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Sexy Pants posted:

I haven't heard much Lilly Allen but I'm pretty sure her voice isn't male enough

cool dude, no one said anything about it already, thanks

vossi
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderpig. Spiderpig.
looking for a song which has some wierd soundbits in the refrain, unfortunately I don't remember any of the text.

it's a gun click, cash register and gun shot as far as I remember and a female rapper on top of it, played once an evening at least in two of the places I use to go to so I guess it's pretty new.

Anyone got a clue? tia

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One

vossi posted:

looking for a song which has some wierd soundbits in the refrain, unfortunately I don't remember any of the text.

it's a gun click, cash register and gun shot as far as I remember and a female rapper on top of it, played once an evening at least in two of the places I use to go to so I guess it's pretty new.

Anyone got a clue? tia

M.I.A. - Paper Planes

meastwoo
Jan 11, 2007

Can anyone tell me what the piece of music on this Discover America advert is?

http://boxspots.com/view/2921/discoveramerica.com-uk/

It's bugging the hell out of me because I really like it and kinda recognise it too...

vossi
Mar 29, 2007

Spiderpig. Spiderpig.

Rivfader posted:

M.I.A. - Paper Planes

thank you very much that's it.

greenCHALK!
Apr 26, 2004
Such expensive flowers, filled with remorse.
okay so a few months back (could be as long ago as 6 months though) i was on critical metrics at work and there was this really hard heavy metal type song and at the end of it there was this super creepy children's choir singing in like italian or something. i really want to say the band name began with a V (like vega or something) but i could be mistaken. any ideas?

perplexing whimsy
Jan 24, 2007

by Fragmaster

Young Cato posted:

Nah, and the mood isn't nearly the same as Girl From Ipanema. It has a more romantic/passionate tone. I could imagine a spanish couple dancing to it on a balcony under the stars, with roses in their mouths.

Is it possible that the song was in French? If so, I know exactly what the song is and I can hear it in my head but I've got no clue what it's called/who it's by. And now I'd like to know!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Young Cato
Dec 22, 2006
holla ho holla

perplexing whimsy posted:

Is it possible that the song was in French? If so, I know exactly what the song is and I can hear it in my head but I've got no clue what it's called/who it's by. And now I'd like to know!

No lyrics. Just the "da-da-da da-da-da".