Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
I get the feeling that Japanese writers love puns and word games in general because Japanese is so drat complicated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
Aww, no one remembers that old ESPN commercial.

some idiot, or maybe there were two of them: "So what does LeFleur mean? It must be something strong and powerful."
Guy LeFleur: "It means 'The Flower'"
SI,OMTWTOT: "Oh, so it must be a strong flower, like the dandelion or the snapdragon."

Great Spirit First Son is so boring. And pansies are actually rather hardy plants for being annuals :colbert:

CannonFodder fucked around with this message at 02:19 on Mar 19, 2008

Canuck-Errant
Oct 28, 2003

MOOD: BURNING - MUSIC: DISCO INFERNO BY THE TRAMMPS
Grimey Drawer

Spirit Armor posted:

Come to think of it, WHEN did you say that you bought the thing again? Please tell me that it was AFTER you saw this thread, not before.

After. :ssh:

LaserShark
Oct 17, 2007

It's over, idiot. You're gonna die here and now, and the last words out of your mouth will have been 'poop train.'

Spirit Armor posted:

It gets better than that. :ssh:

Indeed.

There will be sucking.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Love, Justice, and Mid-Season Upgrades Steam-Powered Robots.
Alright, finally updated the first post's table of contents again, though I was forced to reshuffle it down a post or two because it kept breaking the character limit.

Also, I'm just starting to work on the update. I doubt that I'll be able to get it up by tomorrow, but it will definitely be up by Friday, and that's cutting my own throat.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
You should put the ToC in the first post and move the first update to the ToC post. Problem solved!

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

LaserShark posted:

Indeed.

There will be sucking.

Sucking like bad or sucking like :regd05:?

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Right, the start-of-chapter rankings go a little something like...

... this. Everyone is full of spirit and vitality and, most importantly, feelings of goodwill towards Ogami, save for Kohran and Iris. The former apparently doesn't give half a rat's rear end, while Iris... well, Ogami is clearly doing it wrong.

I'm sure most of you out there would agree that as a result, he's doing it right.

. . .

In a certain year, on a certain month, on a certain day, at a certain place hidden under a certain city, it was a certainty that certain demonic individuals were certainly cooking up a certain plan for certain purposes.

[Tenkai]

There remain only two of the Four Death Emperors... how disappointing.

[Miroku]

O, our humblest apologies...

[Satan]

[Tenkai]

However, I have but one objective! The completion of the 'Roku-Hassei Kouma-Jin!!' We must not fear making sacrifices!!

[Miroku]

Yes...

[Tenkai]

Tear apart, O Heaven! Shatter, O Earth! Tens of thousands of tears of the river, hundreds of millions of oceans of blood, all will become our strength!
Go forth, Miroku! Satan!!

----

----
[Miroku]

Why the hell do you have that poo poo-eating grin on your face, and what the hell have you been DOING for the past eight hours of this meeting with your eyes shut?

[Satan]

Shut up, I'm imagining you without any clothes on.

[Miroku]

... leaving that aside, why the hell are you not volunteering to, you know, help me carry out a plan that could very well spell the end of humanity as we know it?

[Satan]

Whoops, and there you go, having an attack of the uncontrollable-jumping-onto-the-conveniently-placed-trampoline.

[Miroku]

Satan, can't you just--

[Satan]

Bouncy.

[Miroku]

Alright, you know what? Screw this, I'll just go by m--

[Satan]

Bouncy bouncy bouncy bouncy.

[Miroku]

See you later, Satan. And whatever you do, try NOT to imagine Lord Tenkai in the nude.

[Satan]

[Satan]

Oh god drat it.

----

----

----

----
[Wakiji]

[Miroku]

Wipe that smirk off your face before I do it for you.

[Wakiji]

[Miroku]

What the hell do you mean by 'you can wipe that smirk off my face any day of the week, baby'!? ... god, I bet the Flower Division doesn't have to put up with this poo poo.

----

[Miroku]

I had thought it to be simply an abandoned mansion, but... this spiritual energy... we cannot treat it lightly.
... it cannot be helped. First, sealing these grounds-- that abandoned mansion-- takes priority...

. . .

. . .

[---]

(Thirty-Six Hours Later - Grand Imperial Theater)

Just like it was yesterday, the Grand Imperial Theater is not on fire, shattered into a pile of toothpicks, or converted into some kind of giant soulless alien overmind that runs on the life force of human beings. But it's only a matter of time.

Business as usual.

Except for this totally awesome performance of Journey to the West, gently caress yeah!

[Kanna]

C'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon c'mon! You monstrous apparition from any time and any place!
To have bared your teeth at I, Priest Sanzou's number one apprentice! Lord Son Goku! You~ have certainly got some guts.
I'll end this quickly and send you to the Buddhist Paradise, so you should-a be thankful!!

[Sumire]

Hah! You do not know your own place, you rock monkey! My current guise is one of love and beauty!
I, the Demon Woman, shall personally, hah, DEMONICALLY send you straight to Hell! Oh hoh hoh, oh-hoh~!!

It was just so bad that the audience had to laugh.

[Ogami]

Kanna's Son Goku is great, and Sumire-kun's Demon Woman is great... they're picture-perfect.

[Iris]

But afterwards, Sumire will definitely say something like 'Why must I play the villain!?', I bet~.

[Sakura]

Heheh, she certainly will.

----
[Iris]

And then she'll kick Oniichan inna rocks so hard that he won't ever be able to make babies ever again and lock herself in her trailer! Just like last week.

[Ogami]

... please don't remind me. I could feel that kick through my protector.

[Sakura]

Ogami-san, you wear a, uh, a thing over your... your thing?

[Ogami]

If I didn't, I'd have started singing in falsetto MONTHS ago.

[Kohran]

Ya still DO, Ogami-han. Like, whenever one o' us freaks ya out, or--

[Ogami]

I meant ALL THE TIME, Kohran.

[Kohran]

Aren't we freakin' ya out most of th' time anyway, though?

[Ogami]

Well... well, yes, but I'd rather not have my psychological emasculation turn PHYSICAL.

[Kohran]

What's th' use? It's not like you're gonna live long enough t' make babies. So why not just--

[Ogami]

No, Kohran, I will not donate my family jewels to you in the name of science.

[Kohran]

Not even one tes--

[Ogami]

NO. And I had BETTER not wake up in a tub full of ice with any body parts missing. Again. Or I shall be quite put off.

[Kohran]

Man, people here're so testy 'bout their kidneys nowadays.

----

[Sumire]

What! You big, stupid ape!!

[Kanna]

Ah!?

[Sumire]

Hyieeeeeeeeeeeeh!?
... (thud).....

----

Once again, the audience laughs as Sumire comes perilously close to breaking her nose.

[Iris]

Ohshi....

[Sumire]

Just what are you doing!? Will you please play your part properly!?

[Kanna]

What'd you say!? How about YOU start getting it right!! You rotten old hag!!

[Sumire]

What was that! You dumb ape! Idiot! It's a duel!

[Kanna]

Oh-ho! That's great! Bring it on!

And because the Imperial Capital appears to be quite similar to Ankh-Morpork-- that is to say, every citizen enjoys a good, rollicking show, it's a bonus if there's violence-- the audience laughs and sticks around as two of the theater's most frighteningly stubborn women start duking it out.

That day, the stage ran red with blood.

[Sumire]

[Kanna]

[Sakura]

Ah, Ogami-san... those two have been like that ever since the play ended...
It feels like it's surely going to go critical any moment! Ogami-san! Please do something!

[Sakura]

Ogami-san! Where are you going?
Please do something to stop these two from fighting!

[Ogami]

Even if you say that, man...

----
[Ogami]

YOU saw the moves they were throwing out there! Face-scratching! Headbutting! Knees to the stomach! Lariat punches! German suplexing! It was a no-holds barred scrapfest!!

[Sakura]

Well, if you can calm them down quickly enough--

[Ogami]

-- that was BEFORE they got angry!! Their only two settings right now are 'kill' or 'maim,' for crying out loud! YOU go do this!

[Sakura]

What-- no!! I'd have to cut them both down without mercy and totally in self-defense, and it's nothing to do with the fact that they are totally moving in on the man who just so happens to be the center of my universe!!

[Ogami]

... n-nevermind, I'LL do this.

----

Glancing at Sumire...

[Ogami]

(Whew, that's a huge black eye... did they really go that far?)

... and at Kanna...

[Ogami]

(Oh, man... she looks really mad!)

[Ogami]

(Just because both of them are so strong-willed, solving this is going to be an uphill battle...)

[Ogami]

(After going up against Kanna, it's amazing that Sumire-kun isn't dead.)

----
[Ogami]

(... well, I've got to try SOMETHING before they snap and kill all of us in the process of killing each other.)

[Ogami]

Su-

----

[Sumire]

What is it, Ensign? I am extraordinarily irritated at the moment!

----
[Ogami]

Yes'm.

[Ogami]

... Ka--

----

[Kanna]

Shaddup, Captain! I'm really ticked off right now! Could you not talk to me!

----
[Ogami]

Su--

----

[Sumire]

The reason that I am angry is thanks to a certain ape-woman!

[Kanna]

What was that! You dolly girl!

[Sumire]

What did you say~!?

----
[Ogami]

K--

----

[Kanna]

It's because of this fancy-pants girl that it all turned into a farce!

[Sumire]

That is MY line! You musclebound amazon!

[Kanna]

What'd you say, you flouncy peacock!!

[Sumire]

The point is that you should not keep up your mad, wild acting!
... thanks to that, my perfect performance was utterly ruined!

[Kanna]

Heh, don't make me laugh! Just how many times have you tripped over your own clothing, now?
It looks like you've taken to slamming your face to the ground!

[Sumire]

Kiiiiiiiii~~! How dare you!!

[Kanna]

That's a riot! Do you wanna go another round!?

[Iris]

Aa~aah, I wonder how long this will keep going?

[Kohran]

They really should've knocked this off by now.

[Sakura]

Ogami-san... can't you do something?

----
[Ogami]

If I could interrupt them with any word larger than one syllable, I would have done it by now. So you know what?

----

----
[Ogami]

gently caress IT.

----

[Ogami]

Awright, you two! Take this opportunity and just go at each other!!

[Sakura]

Ogami-san! What are you saying!?

[Ogami]

Well, I mean, it'd be better if they take this opportunity and just tell each other what they want to say.

[Sakura]

Asking for something like THAT is absurd!

----
[Ogami]

No, it's SMART, because when Commander Yoneda and/or Maria ask me why this room is wall-to-wall with blood, then I can tell them quite truthfully that I ASKED them to work out their differences, and that I simply left it to Kanna and Sumire-kun to choose HOW to go about doing so.

[Sakura]

Couldn't you have at least told them NOT to kill each other?

[Ogami]

The downside to your way of thinking is that I would be irrevocably dead if I tried to get in their way.

----

[Kohran]

No, I'm of th' same opinion as Ogami-han. With machines, too, ya need t' just let them go full throttle sometimes.
It'd be good if we let Sumire-han an' Kanna-han also cut loose, every now and then.

[Iris]

Last time, Iris also went into the city and went full throttle, too~!

[Sakura]

That's just called organized destruction! Iris, you can't go destroying the city a second time!

[Iris]

... oka~y.

----
[Ogami]

... please tell me that the above conversation did not just take place.

[Iris]

You can take the little girl away from the psychotically destructive urges, but you can't take the psychotically destructive urges away from the little girl, Oniichan!

----

[Sakura]

Ah... Maria-san.

[Maria]

Sumire, Kanna, please knock this off!! How much longer are you going to fight!

[Maria]

... Captain, please say something, too.

[Ogami]

Ah... er... um, everyone, let's stop fighting.

[Kohran]

Th' heck is that!? Even IRIS could come up wit' that kinda line!

[Iris]

Iris hates fighting!

[Kohran]

See that? She jes' did.

[Ogami]

Maria...

[Sakura]

Anyway, Maria-san. Didn't you have something you needed to tell us?

[Ogami]

Commander Yoneda does?

----
[Ogami]

He didn't add anything like 'naked' or 'dead' or 'making out' to the end of that sentence, did he?

[Maria]

Not this time, no. He was sober.

[Ogami]

Isn't he usually piss-drunk by this time of day?

[Maria]

A few quick bullets to the bottle in of his hand and the glasses from his face ensured that he became sober, Captain.

[Ogami]

... good work, Maria--

[Maria]

And a few shots to his liver.

[Ogami]

Well, I'm pretty sure that he wasn't using it anyway.

----

[Kohran]

What's this all about, all o' a sudden?

[Maria]

I don't know... I do not know of the details, as well.
Since the performance only just ended, I'm sure that everyone has things that they need to do, so...
After a little bit of time, please come to the Command Room. ... would that be fine?

[Sakura]

Yes!

[Kanna]

... I'll go down after I change in my room.

[Sumire]

I shall, as well... but would those tattered clothes not suit you better?

[Kanna]

What'd you say~!?

That's when Ogami knew that this was going to be the longest day of his life.

What he DIDN'T know was that tomorrow was not going to be much different.

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Dec 25, 2012

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Why is Kanna out on stage, anyway? Besides the whole complete willingness to do all her own stunts.

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Glazius posted:

Why is Kanna out on stage, anyway? Besides the whole complete willingness to do all her own stunts.

Well, what other theater-related role could she take? They don't really need bouncers at classy plays. Boring administrative work is all taken. If a light breaks, Kohran would probably be the person to "fix" it...

I suppose she could handle the scenery. As in, single-handedly carry all of the flats and props off between scenes and then change them with new ones.

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Oh jesus... Kanna and Sumire are tsundere for each other aren't they...

God dammit.

Also, voting for Miroku! y'know, if she was an actual choice :smith:

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007

Crono S. Magnum posted:

Good, then the way is clear for Our Lady of Explosions, Kohran.

Zaa Boogie
Sep 13, 2007

"Suckle on this receptacle!"

Sindai posted:

Maybe *your* lady. :colbert:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

----

----

Is it just me or is Miroku more direct than any of the girls in the flower brigade?

Seriously, she should have been a choice or at least a bad end!

Revenant Threshold
Jan 1, 2008
Hooray for new updates! But if you think it'll change my mind away from Sumire you've got another thing c-

Spirit Armor posted:

Buh...sneh....fluh......

Locus Cosecant
Jan 12, 2008
She just looks so forlorn, that she has run into a problem she cannot solve by shooting it. :commissar:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Spirit Armor posted:

-- the audience laughs and sticks around as two of the theater's most frighteningly stubborn women start dyking it out.
I made a small change.

Great work as always Spirit Armor. If you're about to go into the "wander around the theatre" portion, I vote the bath. Unless Iris is in there, in which case I vote the balcony for Maria or the gift shop for whatsherface.

GoodShipNostalgia
May 7, 2007

"The good ship Nostalgia for Infinity. Still very much as you left her."
I can't believe that half of that conversation was in the game! I take it after this your trust levels went through the floor?

Pendragon
Jun 18, 2003

HE'S WATCHING YOU

Spirit Armor posted:

----
[Ogami]

gently caress IT.

----

The best possible answer. Bravo.

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA

Sindai posted:

I...yeah. I may have to throw the Orihime mafia behind Kohran on this one. I mean, come on.

Spirit Armor posted:

You cannot, in good conscience, break up something like that.

ZeeToo
Feb 20, 2008

I'm a kitty!

Glazius posted:

If she says she wants to, how would you say "no"?

Congrats to Spirit Armor for providing the best explanation in any story, ever, as to why you'd continue throwing your four-or-more subordinates at the heroes singly after two have already failed like that.

Sam Hall
Jun 29, 2003

Spirit Armor posted:

drat, that bitch got a case of the crazy-eyes. :pwn:

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Sam Hall posted:

And I loevs them!

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Sindai posted:

You should put the ToC in the first post and move the first update to the ToC post. Problem solved!

You speak wisdom and logic (which are things that I tend to lack), so I got it done.

The thread's first page has never looked so clean. :frogbon:

Glazius posted:

When she arrived at the theater, she DID say that she's as much of an actress as the other pilots.

Besides, Maria can't possibly cover ALL of the male roles in every play that they do, and I sincerely doubt that she can do the kind of wacky rear end-kicking male roles (like Son Goku, whose entire character can be summed up in "hey, that'd be a horrible idea. LET'S DO IT!") that Kanna falls so easily into. :colbert:

serewit posted:

I suppose she could handle the scenery. As in, single-handedly carry all of the flats and props off between scenes and then change them with new ones.

I get the feeling that that would just end in untold amounts of destruction as Kanna starts experimenting with faster and faster ways to change the scenery, i.e. hurling props onto the stage with pinpoint accuracy and a punishing amount of force.

Crono S. Magnum posted:

That's one theory, yes.

quote:

Is it just me or is Miroku more direct than any of the girls in the flower brigade?

Seriously, she should have been a choice or at least a bad end!

I kind of messed with the translation there, but I am fairly certain that no mortal human being could resist the opportunity to slide THAT line in place of "drive it in."

I think that'd have to be a bad end, because when you get right down to it...

Sam Hall posted:

She's kind of a psychopathic demonic thing.

Locus Cosecant posted:

She just looks so forlorn, that she has run into a problem she cannot solve by shooting it.

Maria's expression in that picture is merely transitional. It's only a matter of time before she remembers that shooting is ALWAYS an option.

CannonFodder posted:

Great work as always Spirit Armor. If you're about to go into the "wander around the theatre" portion, I vote the bath. Unless Iris is in there, in which case I vote the balcony for Maria or the gift shop for whatsherface.

Bath doesn't happen 'til night time. :toot:

GoodShipNostalgia posted:

I can't believe that half of that conversation was in the game! I take it after this your trust levels went through the floor?

Not as much as you'd think, actually; Kanna and Sumire's levels take a hit each when Ogami tries talking to them (which the game forces you to do), and Sakura loses some trust in Ogami when he basically gives them permission to start beating the unholy poo poo out of each other.

On the plus side, choosing that choice made Kohran and Iris's trust levels increase. :iiam: I don't know either.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

Spirit Armor posted:

On the plus side, choosing that choice made Kohran and Iris's trust levels increase. :iiam: I don't know either.

Because if Kanna and Sumire kill each other in the ensuing engagement, there is less competition for Ogami's soul (and meaty parts too I guess). Sakura is just ticked that you aren't talking to her and only her. :ms:

veekie
Dec 25, 2007

Dice of Chaos

Spirit Armor posted:

[Ogami]

Awright, you two! Take this opportunity and just go at each other!!

[Sakura]

Ogami-san! What are you saying!?

[Ogami]

Well, I mean, it'd be better if they take this opportunity and just tell each other what they want to say.

[Sakura]

Asking for something like THAT is absurd!

[Kohran]

No, I'm of th' same opinion as Ogami-han. With machines, too, ya need t' just let them go full throttle sometimes.
It'd be good if we let Sumire-han an' Kanna-han also cut loose, every now and then.

[Iris]

Last time, Iris also went into the city and went full throttle, too~!

[Sakura]

That's just called organized destruction! Iris, you can't go destroying the city a second time!

[Iris]

... oka~y.

----
[Ogami]

... please tell me that the above conversation did not just take place.

[Iris]

You can take the little girl away from the psychotically destructive urges, but you can't take the psychotically destructive urges away from the little girl, Oniichan!

----

Iris and Kohran sound so happy about the full throttle thing, and Iris(Sakura too) also sounds awfully enthusiastic about the fight, even before the smackdown started. Egging them on against each other sounds best for Ogami's health, I think.

I was right, Kohran and Iris will work together to make a psychic amplifier and everything must and will explode. Full Power, Full Release!

TapamN
Jan 10, 2008
For the record, Dramatic Dungeon is out. Available at Play-Asia or shady websites.

I have just discovered (ironically, considering what chapter the LP is on) that Kanna and Sumire have problems fighting a certain types of monsters. Heh.

I also find it amusing that Sega is recycling character portraits from ST2 and ST3. So some are ten years old! It's like an SNK or Capcom fighter. (Oh, that's right, KoF XII and SF2HD are coming out, aren't they?)

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

TapamN posted:

For the record, Dramatic Dungeon is out. Available at Play-Asia or shady websites.

I have just discovered (ironically, considering what chapter the LP is on) that Kanna and Sumire have problems fighting a certain types of monsters. Heh.

I also find it amusing that Sega is recycling character portraits from ST2 and ST3. So some are ten years old! It's like an SNK or Capcom fighter. (Oh, that's right, KoF XII and SF2HD are coming out, aren't they?)

So do you have the game or is this knowledge second-hand? I ask because, both as a convert to the holy church of Sumire and a lover of rougelikes in general, I feel an almost irrational need to play it.
If you have played it, does one need to know japanese to play it or is the basic premise simple enough to handle?

SeedyV
Nov 10, 2005

Water Triiiiibe
Spirit Armor this LP is absolutely amazing and I thank you for giving me 8 months of material to catch up to this past weekend. The amount of effort into an LP has never been made more clear than with this one. All I can say is that I really hope you can keep this level of quality for the remainder of this game, much less the other four you claim to want to have a go at. :psyduck:

I know voting is closed right now, but anyone but Kanna please. That distinct voice will forever be linked to Monkey D. Luffy for me, and the juxtaposition of that voice and the character in question is so hosed up I cannot even come close to sufficiently describe it.

SeedyV fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Mar 26, 2008

Shingin
Apr 14, 2005

Not the Red Comet

Crono S. Magnum posted:

So do you have the game or is this knowledge second-hand? I ask because, both as a convert to the holy church of Sumire and a lover of rougelikes in general, I feel an almost irrational need to play it.
If you have played it, does one need to know japanese to play it or is the basic premise simple enough to handle?

If you played any of the mysterious dungeon games then its basically that with a sakura wars theme over it with new stuff like team attacks and voice recognition. If you don't understand Japanese then for the most part you wont understand the story and you'll have a hard time figuring out what the items they do and sometimes you'll be required to spell out your answer with the touch pen other than that its still playable.

Its not as hard as shrien the wander since when you die you keep what you had equipped but you lose everything in your inventory and you and the girls keep their levels. The game switches back and forward with Ogami or Taiga depending on what chapter in your in. Each girl is different, some can heal some are ranged attackers while others use melee attacks and some even find and destroy traps. You can also call out to the girls using the mic on the ds if you need to change their AI or their inventory for the most part it works well theres a few times it'll end up calling the wrong girl. Theres a ton of voice acting in this game which is kinda surprising for a ds game and most its in good quality. If you like Sakura Wars and rougelikes then you'll want to get this.

first 7 minutes of the game http://youtube.com/watch?v=E6W53qRVjIk

Shingin fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Mar 26, 2008

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

Geh, sorry guys. I'm getting somewhat sidetracked by real life- I've got family members staying over for Easter weekend.

Turns out they're staying a little longer than Easter weekend, namely until about this Saturday. And on top of that, I've got things due and a thesis to worry about. It'll be a fair bet that the next update won't be until that very same Saturday.

Also, my copy of Dramatic Dungeon is in the mail, despite my initial misgivings about the game. It should prove to be... interesting. :raise:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Locus Cosecant posted:

She just looks so forlorn, that she has run into a problem she cannot solve by shooting it. :commissar:

This is only because Kanna is bulletproof.

Hell I think putting her in a steampunk Gundam is more for the enemies than herself. Also, I'm kind of impressed Sumire is alive.

$5 says that most of her injuries came from TRYING to hurt Kanna moreso than Kanna fighting back.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

Shiren wasn't that hard. You just need to learn the how things work, and then learn the unique way in which each enemy breaks those rules in the name of screwing you over (loving goddamn reapers moving four times faster than me jesus christ). Oh, and never step foot in Fei's Dungeon, because no reward is worth dealing with the Game Over Herb.

Complaints aside, it actually is kinda easy once you get some practice in. I picked up the DS version to see how it differed from the SNES one and literally made it to the Tainted Insect on my second try. I only lost the first one because I forgot how freaking retarded the ally AI can be - no, O-ryu, I don't think the "I deal no damage but blow up if you hit me" enemy is more of a threat than the "ZERG RUSH KEKEKE" reaper. Especially not when we're in a monster den and there's loving eight of them. If Dramatic Dungeon is even easier, I might actually be able to handle the total lack of Japanese knowledge (there! Now the post is vaguely on topic).

Also, good luck on the thesis!

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008

Spirit Armor posted:

Geh, sorry guys. I'm getting somewhat sidetracked by real life- I've got family members staying over for Easter weekend.

Turns out they're staying a little longer than Easter weekend, namely until about this Saturday. And on top of that, I've got things due and a thesis to worry about. It'll be a fair bet that the next update won't be until that very same Saturday.

Also, my copy of Dramatic Dungeon is in the mail, despite my initial misgivings about the game. It should prove to be... interesting. :raise:

Good luck man, I have my final paper for ENC1102 due today. 40% of our total grade man... Kinda makes most of the other assignments worthless, doesn't it?

As for dramatic dungeon, I'm probably gonna have to hold off for a bit. My copy of Super Robot Wars W just came and I'm probably gonna be spendin' the next few months power leveling GaoGaiGar to the high heavens.

Dominic Hokage
Nov 11, 2003

I'm surprised that with an outfit as... unrestrained as Sumire's, than when you step on her trailing robes, she doesn't just launch out the top when she trips.

Grunduggerer
Jan 20, 2007

Dominic Hokage posted:

I'm surprised that with an outfit as... unrestrained as Sumire's, than when you step on her trailing robes, she doesn't just launch out the top when she trips.

Sumire's costume looks a little more solid than her usual clothing. The corset-like piece around her midsection keeps it all in place.

Curse you corset-like piece keeping it all in place! :argh:

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Dominic Hokage posted:

I just like that half of the chapters have had her take a face-plant into the stage. And this game is PG, you pervo.

ps: still voting for Sumire when the time rolls around (and falls on its face)

Crono S. Magnum
Feb 29, 2008
Hey Spirit Armor. Just wishing you luck with whatever you've got going on. I look forward to the LP returning once you get a chance.

Also the OVAs kick rear end. Thanks for getting me into this series.

Spirit Armor
Jul 11, 2007

First things first, it'd be better to make sure that Sumire and Kanna aren't trying to--

Oh. OH, I see what you're trying to do to me, game. You're trying to make me commit to one girl or the other.

We'll see about THAT. :colbert:

[Ogami]

Um... it's Ogami...

[Sumire]

... what is it you want?

----
[Ogami]

A girlfriend, world peace, a way to escape this dead-end job, and an end to all poverty. In no particular order.

[Sumire]

Oh, Ensign, I can CERTAINLY solve one of those issues.

[Ogami]

Really? You can end all poverty?

[Sumire]

... that was actually intended to be a clever nod to the first item on the list, Ensign.

[Ogami]

... oh.

[Sumire]

[Ogami]

[Sumire]

I believe this is where you should be adopting an expression of joyed disbelief and saying something along the lines of--

[Ogami]

Jesus H. Christopher, WHAT?

[Sumire]

I suppose that will do. In actuality, I can help you leave this job... in a body bag.

[Ogami]

... oh.

[Sumire]

Ensign, thank you SO much for ruining my joke by being a step too slow to react correctly to my setup. If you came here to cheer me up, you--

----

[Ogami]

Er... I just wanted to check on you a bit.

----
[Sumire]

Oh, now you wish to sit in here and laugh at my righteous indignation, or mock my utter inability to confess my undying love constant bickering with Kanna-san!?

[Ogami]

... can't you just let me in already?

----

[Sumire]

..... please come in, it's unlocked.

----

----
[Ogami]

We have, like, half an hour to walk two flights of stairs down to the Command Room. It takes less than five minutes.

[Sumire]

Not counting getting intercepted by Sakura, Iris, or Kohran?

[Ogami]

Hurtling down the steps ten at a time and kicking off the walls to change direction tends to discourage people from getting in my way.

[Sumire]

Yes, but it tends to break peoples' noses if they are too slow to move out of the way, for instance that one time your feet slammed into my face about a month ago.

[Ogami]

So THAT'S why you went missing for a whole two weeks.

[Sumire]

For heaven's sake, could you make an EFFORT to try and remember these things!?

[Ogami]

It would certainly explain why the theater was a lot quieter during that time.

----

[Ogami]

----

[Ogami]

Well... I was kind of worried about you, Sumire-kun.

[Ogami]

Yeah... you got into a fight right after THAT performance, right? I thought that you'd gotten pretty horribly beaten up, but...

[Sumire]

So that's... why you came up here?

[Ogami]

Yup. ... Sumire-kun, are you alright?

----
[Sumire]

... even though I am perfectly capable of destroying hordes of demonic robots with a sweep of my naginata and plunging myself into mortal danger on a regular basis.

[Ogami]

But... you went up against Kanna.

[Sumire]

... alright, I'll grant you that.

----

[Ogami]

Isn't it natural for me to be worrying? Ah... that's right...

[Ogami]

It's about time. I'll be heading to the Command Room ahead of you.

----
[Sumire]

Didn't you just say that...?

[Ogami]

Look, I'm either going to leave your room without incident, walk you down there myself (and incur the physically intimidating wrath of Kanna), or invite you out to lunch in the city (and gently caress over Japan). I don't have much choice other than to cut my losses and back out of here.

[Sumire]

Wha--

[Ogami]

Trust me on this, this is how I'm wired.

[Sumire]

Whatever you say, Ensign.

----

----

Alone. All alone.

... and now to even out the scales a little bit so that the imbalance won't lead to Ogami's more-premature-than-usual death.

[Ogami]

Um... it's Ogami...

[Kanna]

... what do you want?

----
[Ogami]

To live.

[Kanna]

Oh, I think we could arrange that.

----

[Ogami]

Er... I just wanted to check on you a bit.

[Kanna]

C'mon in, it's unlocked.

----

[Ogami]

Ogami's mind blanked. He'd racked his brain (or rather, what few brain cells he had left) for what to say to Sumire and Kanna when he went to check on them, but everything he'd prepared for Kanna was just... gone. Zero, zip, nada-- Ogami realized that he was going to be walking into this situation completely and utterly blind, flying on the seat of his pants.

This is normally where the story's protagonist improvises, and rolls a twenty on his bullshit roll. Ogami, however, had long since lost his figurative dice between the cushions of the couch of insanity. Thus, he did what any normal human would never dream of doing.

[Ogami]

Well... I was kind of worried about you, Kanna.

... he began repeating himself.

[Ogami]

Yeah... you got into a fight right after THAT performance, right? I thought that you'd gotten pretty horribly beaten up, but...

[Ogami]

Aah. ... are you alright, Kanna?

----
[Kanna]

I can break people in half using only my fingers, I am basically one gigantic muscle--

[Ogami]

-- with breasts--

[Kanna]

-- and I can do almost superhuman feats on a regular basis, an' usually before breakfast.

[Ogami]

Sounds about right.

[Kanna]

... and you're asking me if I'm alright, after having scuffled with a tiny slip of a girl who's probably less than half my weight.

[Ogami]

I... yes.

[Ogami]

(OhgodI'mfuckedI'mfuckedI'mfuckedI'mfucked)

[Kanna]

----

----
[Ogami]

What.

[Kanna]

Hey, it's a futile gesture, but that doesn't mean that I can't appreciate it!

----

[Ogami]

Isn't it natural for me to be worrying? Ah... that's right...

[Ogami]

It's about time. I'll be heading to the Command Room ahead of you.

Somehow... SOMEHOW... Ogami had gotten away with regurgitating the same excuses, almost word for word, and without getting found out or horribly decimated in the process.

As he now felt like rear end, Ogami decided to start meandering aimlessly through the halls, completely ashamed of himself.

[Ogami]

Hey, Yuri-kun. What're you doing in a place like this?

[Yuri]

I'm thinking of buying new clothes, but I'm kind of lost as to which to choose.

[Ogami]

Clothes that would suit you, huh...

----
[Yuri]

Oh, and you can't answer "wear nothing at all."

[Ogami]

... good god, have I become THAT predictable?

[Yuri]

After living at this theater for a while, you start becoming good at making sure that you don't leave yourself wide open.

----

[Ogami]

I think showy clothes would fit you well, Yuri-kun.

[Yuri]

You think so too? Clothes that are a bit showy are better than plainer clothes, aren't they!
As expected of you, Ogami-san! You understand my tastes!!

----
[Ogami]

It's kind of obvious, given that you're the only one of the three girls that dresses up this much. I mean, you've got gloves, a scarf thing, a hat--

[Yuri]

It's a chapeau.

[Ogami]

That's exactly what I'm talking about.

----

----

----

[Ogami]

Aah, I'll look forward to it.

----
[Ogami]

I, uh, I GUESS I will. I mean, you kind of decided that without any input from me, so I--

----

[Yuri]

Right, I've got to hurry and get this form down to the mailbox. See you later!

----
[Ogami]

... am just talking to myself again, aren't I.

----

NEXT TIME: The daytime phase isn't particularly long!

Spirit Armor fucked around with this message at 00:16 on Dec 25, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dash Magnum
Jul 25, 2007

That's no moon...
It's a Face Station!
You know, strangely enough, Ogami's wishy-washy attitude towards all the girls is working surprisingly well. I mean you'd think by now the girls would have caught on and called him out on his bullshit.

Or is that where this is heading?

Amidst catfighting:
Sumire: "Well the Ensign came by to let me know how worried he was about a Gorilla-Woman clobbering me!"
Kanna: "Oh yeah, Cactus Girl, well the Captain stopped by my room earlier and said how worried...he was...about me..."
Sumire: "..."
Kanna: "..."

Ogami: "Oh poo poo!"

Also lets hope Sakura doesn't catch on to Yuri showing off clothes to Ogami. Do you have any idea how hard it is to replace a good bridge-bunny? Or get the bloodstains off the ceiling for that manner?

Can't wait for the next update!

• Locked thread