Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

jvsclapius posted:

He's a big boy!

Hey, it takes all kinds.

I don't know about that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WDIIA
Jan 14, 2006

K-I-N-G, The AU City Don
I know you heard about me
And this mission I'm on
But not a R-A-T,
I'm just tryin to live on
Not in a penitentiary
I'd rather be rollin chrome

frankenbeans posted:

While I'm in the area, 25/9/02 is awesome, it's a DAG show, and happened shortly after DAG split with his missus. He's just insane all the way through the show. He also makes a hilarious weeping noise which I need to go back and sample.

I swear, I made it up to this show this very morning. "At least your woman didn't sleep with HALF OF HOLLYWOOD!!!"
I really want to see that list of names.

I was also waiting to find the ultimate Virtual Adam show to come in here and recommended it. It's weird that I'm independently always keeping pace with this thread.

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

WDIIA posted:

It's weird that I'm independently always keeping pace with this thread.

Tell me about it. I remember when I first saw the original loveline thread, I had a quick look in, and it was full of people talking about a radio station, so I bailed.

I can't even remember what made me start listening. It may have been when I saw the thread again, with 1,000+ posts, and thought I might be missing out on something, and just clicked on the first recommendation post. I think it was a 1999 Violent J episode. That dude is crazy. I've been hooked ever since.

First time I heard DAG, I didn't like him at all, because I thought he was just putting it all on, but by the end of the show, I realised that was who he actually was. now I scan through my list of shows to see when the next DAG show is up. I'm SO looking forward to DAG week. The temptation to break out of my consecutive show pattern is overwhelming.

I just wish I'd heard about this while it Adam was still doing it.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Rushmore posted:

right-click - save as?

otherwise you can strip out the index.php part of the url

or go to http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/YEAR

year can be 1990s, 2000 - 2005

Right-click - save as is what I was referring to. Unfortunately nothing seems to be working since the link is correct, it just saves as a .php file.

I will figure something out, thanks a ton for hosting some of the older files.

Spraynard Kruger
May 8, 2007

Judakel posted:

Is there anyway to download these? I can only get them to stream and every time I try to download them I get index.php.

Same problem here, here's what you do (Assuming you have Firefox):
- Left-click the file. QuickTime should try and take over, if you've got that installed.
- Go to File -> Save Page As...
- Profit!

Absolut Mike
Oct 22, 2004

Primae noctis menage a trois.

jvsclapius posted:

He's a big boy!

Hey, it takes all kinds.

God that's right too. Totally forgot about those two.

They really needed one more:

"But you can't judge, Drew! You can't judge!"

Money Walrus
Sep 2, 2007

Absolut Mike posted:

God that's right too. Totally forgot about those two.

They really needed one more:

"But you can't judge, Drew! You can't judge!"

"Slippery slope" shoulda been thrown in there too.

I know I've heard the virtual adam / DAG breakup shows on the random loveline internet radio station, I just need to get some free time to set up that 50gig torrent so I can go to town on my mp3 player.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
Here's some links that aren't strictly Loveline related, but I recently found them searching for Adam and Drew on the NPR site. I subscribe to several NPR podcasts, and I love the idea of Adam on NPR shows:

Adam on "Talk of the Nation" discussing why he created "The Man Show" and the idea of "The New Machismo". - Funny because Adam is intellectualizing on NPR and debating with callers and the editor of Details and Spin magazines. Also, he asks a caller for his TV when he says he doesn't watch TV anymore, and he berates a caller who says "The Man Show" leads to rape. You might need a RealAudio alternative to hear it. (47 minutes, January 2000)

Adam discusses Crank Yankers on "All Things Considered" and how it's possible to record the calls. (7 minutes, March 2003)

Dr. Drew on "Fresh Air" - Drew is interviewed about his book "Cracked" and discusses Adam's contribution to Loveline to the brainy NPR audience. About 13 minutes in he starts talking about Adam, and betting on callers. I work in TV, and have shot and edited lots of interviews, and this kind of thing is what makes me think Drew is not a media doctor, but a real doctor. The way he doesn't interrupt the host when she is saying things that he doesn't necessarily agree with, and the way he answers the "hooking up" question shows me that he's not putting on a front to push his show, but really trying to give knowledge to people. Also, his anecdote at the end about discussing sex with his kids is great, and not the sort of thing Adam would put up with on Loveline. (24 minutes, September 2003)

Adam is interviewed on "Morning Edition" about replacing Stern. (4 minutes, January 2006)

Adam is briefly discussed and interviewed about replacing Stern with his own morning show. (5 minutes, April 2006)

The Hammer is reviewed 9:56 in. - Sort of a lukewarm review. (~2 minutes, March 2008)

Malachi Constant fucked around with this message at 11:06 on Mar 31, 2008

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

Malachi Constant posted:

Adam on "Talk of the Nation" discussing why he created "The Man Show" and the idea of "The New Machismo". - Funny because Adam is intellectualizing on NPR and debating with callers and the editor of Details and Spin magazines. Also, he asks a caller for his TV when he says he doesn't watch TV anymore, and he berates a caller who says "The Man Show" leads to rape. You might need a RealAudio alternative to hear it. (47 minutes, January 2000)

The woman you mentioned in that description sounded exactly like the "victim" you'd expect her to sound. Everything happens TO her because of a third party's actions.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Is The Hammer going to be shown nationwide? The east coast needs some love, too.

I've been working 3rd shift and listening to 2-3 episodes a night for a while. I'm almost done with 2001. It was really bizarre listening to the Sept 10th episode considering that the first guy just got out of the army and then the OH NOES UNEXPECTED TURBULENCE! PSA. I remember being in 7th grade and listening to Loveline (on a day delay I believe) on some lovely portable radio when I was supposed to be sleeping. I don't remember much or even what was being said, but when Adam fires up one of his rants or a specific guest comes on, I remember.

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
I can't believe how good Adam is getting at dancing. And holy poo poo does does Julianne look sexy with short, dark hair.

edit: 800-86834-04

Revol fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Apr 1, 2008

Grifter
Jul 24, 2003

I do this technique called a suplex. You probably haven't heard of it, it's pretty obscure.

Rushmore posted:

I'm in the midst of creating one at lovelinecentral.com. It's taking a while for i have university work et al. but this is in the works. Just keep posting episode reviews and I can put them up when the site is done.
I see there's now a wiki up at lovelinecentral, but I don't see a link to create accounts. What's the word?

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Grifter posted:

I see there's now a wiki up at lovelinecentral, but I don't see a link to create accounts. What's the word?

A devestating lack of free time has crippled productivity. I'll have a blast at it now for a bit

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
Here are two Patton Oswalt episodes that people might not have listened to:

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/2005/Loveline%20-%202005-11-27%20(Guest%20-%20Patton%20Oswalt).mp3

http://rapidshare.com/files/104173690/Patton_Oswalt.mp3

And how is this thread not Gold yet?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...
^-- Patton had some fun guest appearances during the first year of Adam's morning show, playing on his nerdism, where he'd give super-dorky 'nerd reports' about his D&D games. It culminated in a trivia competition between him, Posehn, and I believe Dana Gould. Patton won in the end.

ahahahahahahaha

Adam and Julianne scored SECOND in Dancing.

The show goes half/half on judge voting and viewer voting. The first place couple was the ice skater, who got the best judge voting. Adam and Julianne were in a four-way tie for SIXTH in judge voting.

I was thinking this would be the last week he'd be sticking around, but... Adam just become a serious contender because of fan votes.

edit: Ok, the second go-round of safe contestants, they said that they were in 'no particular order'. But I swore the first time they said they were giving away the top two, so..

edit: Aww, the Gute...

Revol fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 2, 2008

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

Revol posted:

^-- Patton had some fun guest appearances during the first year of Adam's morning show, playing on his nerdism, where he'd give super-dorky 'nerd reports' about his D&D games. It culminated in a trivia competition between him, Posehn, and I believe Dana Gould. Patton won in the end.

You wouldn't happen to have links to those shows, would you?

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Maarak posted:

The only thing I can think of is to get on the Loveline DC++ hub and see if anything shows up there.

MajorMajor
Nov 11, 2005

Some people say you are Henry Fonda.

Maarak posted:

KLSX is really good at making podcasts of its shows available quickly and keeping an accessible archive. Here is an almost complete archive of the Carolla Show.

I'd link you to the download, but there are several D&D Reports and you can stream them without having to download them (also, I'm lazy). Just go to http://www.971freefm.com/pages/1247.php and ctrl-f for "Patton Oswalt". The page takes a little while to load.

Maarak
May 23, 2007

"Go for it!"

MajorMajor posted:

KLSX is really good at making podcasts of its shows available quickly and keeping an accessible archive. Here is an almost complete archive of the Carolla Show.

I'd link you to the download, but there are several D&D Reports and you can stream them without having to download them (also, I'm lazy). Just go to http://www.971freefm.com/pages/1247.php and ctrl-f for "Patton Oswalt". The page takes a little while to load.

Wow, that's a surprisingly good website for a radio station. Thanks for the assist.

gimpfarfar
Jan 25, 2006

It's time to play Spot the Looney!
Wow, Ben Stein sure is an old, obnoxious, delusional prick (2005-02-01).

Highlights include:
- There are no poor people in America, life is great!
- Those who consider themselves poor are just depressed and should realize how great everything is!
- The rest of the world is a cesspool, including Europe, when compared to even the worst ghettos in the US.
- Eating a loving pizza during half the show, but still keeps on talking!

Also, having the most monotone, dull voice I've ever heard doesn't help either.
Sadly, I'm seeing the light at the end of the Loveline tunnel as I'm almost halfway through the archive, so I'm trudging through episodes no matter how bad the guest are.

gimpfarfar fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Apr 3, 2008

Saerdna
Aug 8, 2004
I just uploaded a clip of Birchum (voiced by Adam) from Crank Yankers. It's pretty funny.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jNIGhy0o0w0

Haha this is hilarious too:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F7r55rLFUmk

Saerdna fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Apr 3, 2008

tehk
Mar 10, 2006

[-4] Flaw: Heart Broken - Tehk is extremely lonely. The Gay Empire's ultimate weapon finds it hard to have time for love.

gimpfarfar posted:

- The rest of the world is a cesspool, including Europe, when compared to even the worst ghettos in the US.

I really wish he would go on Loveline(with Adam in some bizzaro world) again so Doctor Drew and Adam could call him out on his new movie expelled - which makes his book look wonderful in comparison. Knowing that Dr. Drew understands the scientific/research process and Adam would call it out for what it was religion not science.

Malachi Constant
Feb 2, 2006

I was a victim of a series of accidents, as are we all
Just a note for the wiki:

The 04-05-2000 show is the origin of Drew's "ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIIIIIGHT, OKAY!" drop. It's in reference to women saying that when men hammer them about having a threesome. The full context is:

Adam: Alright, let's speak to John, John is 25. John?
Caller: Yeah.
Adam: What's up?
Caller: Uh, not much how are you doin'.
Adam: Good, what's your question?
Caller: Um, my girlfriend and I have been going out for a while now, and, uh, we always, uh, talk rather sexually, er, provocatively while we're having sex, and we've been contemplating on having a, uh, another person in our relationship.
Drew: "We've been contemplating" or you've been hammering her about that?
Caller: Uh, probably the latter, er, the latter part of that.
Adam: Yeah, you've been-, you've been bugging her about it.
Adam: Alright.
Drew: I love guys. We came together, we reached a conclusion that we'd love to have another third person.
Guest (Chris Hardwick): Hey, let's do it with someone else, I dunno, hey, we're talking about it, Hey, I you know...
Drew: It's always the girl going, "ALRIGHT ALRIGHT ALRIIIIIGHT, OKAY!"

Moist von Lipwig
Oct 28, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Tortured By Flan

gimpfarfar posted:

Wow, Ben Stein sure is an old, obnoxious, delusional prick (2005-02-01).

Highlights include:
- There are no poor people in America, life is great!
- Those who consider themselves poor are just depressed and should realize how great everything is!
- Eating a loving pizza during half the show, but still keeps on talking!

Also, having the most monotone, dull voice I've ever heard doesn't help either.
Sadly, I'm seeing the light at the end of the Loveline tunnel as I'm almost halfway through the archive, so I'm trudging through episodes no matter how bad the guest are.

Holy poo poo, I always thought he was an okay guy, but now he's on my top ten biggest assholes list.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
10-01-2001 (Guest - Jimmy Eat World) has a fair amount of Drew singing opera with a slight jab at Ben Stein by Drew.

Colonel Whitey
May 22, 2004

This shit's about to go off.

Phone posted:

10-01-2001 (Guest - Jimmy Eat World) has a fair amount of Drew singing opera with a slight jab at Ben Stein by Drew.

That's funny, I just listened to this one and it's one of the funniest episodes I've heard in a while. Adam's "entrance music" that Anderson plays in place of the Jimmy Eat World song is priceless and worth the listen by itself.

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
http://shows.lovelinearchive.com/Loveline%20-%202003-09-25.mp3

Adam choses the order to take the calls based on the height of the caller in question. Very funny.

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.
I just saw the Hammer today at the Culver City theater.

http://www.fandango.com/culvercitymannculverplaza6theatres_aaaay/theaterpage

It's such an awesome movie! Plus, Adam is gonna do a live Q&A there tonight at 9:30. I hope someone from here goes and asks if Pan-Pan still tries to call him.

NeoHentaiMaster
Jul 13, 2004
More well adjusted then you'd think.
Awww...it finally happened. Adam got kicked off Dancing with the Stars. I'm kinda pissed. I thought the judges were way harsh on him for his last dance. I thought it was the most entertaining yet. I think they just wanted him gone because he doesn't really take it that seriously like everyone else.

BiscuitErsedRenton
May 28, 2006

Depression, boredom... You feel so fucking low, you want to fucking top yourself.

NeoHentaiMaster posted:

Awww...it finally happened. Adam got kicked off Dancing with the Stars. I'm kinda pissed. I thought the judges were way harsh on him for his last dance. I thought it was the most entertaining yet. I think they just wanted him gone because he doesn't really take it that seriously like everyone else.

Why do they have judges if the public picks the winner? It's the same thing as American Idol, I never understood the point. Plus, every one of these shows has the honest British guy who criticizes the contestant when they suck and the crowd boos them because EVERYONE SHOULD WIN!

The chickens at work said Adam got kicked and were happy because they didn't like him (they didn't know who he was). Oh and because he called the girl judge a bitch; which was clarified here as witch, but there's no changing their minds on this.

I told them that he's a comic genius, they said that he didn't do any funny dances.
:bang: I loving hate my users.

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
I'm disappointed that he's out, but he said on his radio show yesterday morning that if he didn't get voted off this week he'd feel guilty because everyone remaining was taking the contest much more seriously than he was. He only really did it to plug The Hammer and to challenge himself in a new way. He accomplished both of those goals, so it's okay that we have to say goodbye.

The unicycle was brilliant. His "offensive behaviour" last week was pretty mild. Who could possibly get offended that he implied Mormons wouldn't know anything about prostitutes?

I just started listening to his morning show again after a year and a half hiatus. I have to say it's MUCH better now with Teresa and old-phone-screener-Bryan than it ever was with the whole morning zoo he had surrounding him at the start. They get his jokes and play along way better than Drew ever did.

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

I still don't get what was supposed to be offensive. I thought the entire crux of the joke was that a blonde chick from Utah is clearly not Jewish. Maybe after several thousand of those style jokes on the radio we just approach it differently.

And yes. I liked the morning show from the beginning, but this year's definitely a huge improvement. It's come into its own and is as good or better than Loveline. The Huell Howser bits with Dana Gould are the funniest things I've ever heard, I'll see about uploading one for you guys.

Edit: Okay, here's one, called ladybugs.mp3. http://www.grandfromage.net/SA/

I have another one for later, the show's labeled "Huell Howser Rape" to give you some idea where this goes.

Grand Fromage fucked around with this message at 23:06 on Apr 9, 2008

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Is there any place online to watch the Dancing with the Stars bits with Adam in it?

10-16-2001: Guest is Steve from Smashmouth who has a foul mouth and loathes Anderson's existence because he keeps on playing "I'm a Believer". It becomes punishment after he lets his second s-word fly. That wasn't his last offense. Not worth an entire listen, but it was hilarious to hear him say that he wants to kill Anderson.

10-17-2001: Night of absolute idiots, with a couple of brilliant callers, and a bonus secret at the end! (Worth a whole listen)

Revol
Aug 1, 2003

EHCIARF EMERC...
EHCIARF EMERC...

Grand Fromage posted:

I still don't get what was supposed to be offensive.

He mentioned religion. That's it. That's a no-no.

Grand Fromage posted:

And yes. I liked the morning show from the beginning, but this year's definitely a huge improvement. It's come into its own and is as good or better than Loveline. The Huell Howser bits with Dana Gould are the funniest things I've ever heard, I'll see about uploading one for you guys.

Agreed. I've been listening to the morning show since day one, and have barely missed a show. (I live in Florida, so I rely on the podcast.. and sometimes it isn't updated, or internet is slow in the morning.)

I liked Dave, I even liked Danny, but in the end, this is the best the show's been.

quote:

I have another one for later, the show's labeled "Huell Howser Rape" to give you some idea where this goes.

That one was great.

Phone posted:

Is there any place online to watch the Dancing with the Stars bits with Adam in it?

YouTube.

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?
I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet right now that sort of mirrors what the proposed wiki would do. Anyone interested in contributing to it? Here's the format that I'm working with right now (sorry for any table breakage in advance):

AIM is riot for kanada

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

1000 umbrellas posted:

I'm working on an Excel spreadsheet right now that sort of mirrors what the proposed wiki would do. Anyone interested in contributing to it? Here's the format that I'm working with right now (sorry for any table breakage in advance):

AIM is riot for kanada

It should be fairly easy for someone with a bit of tech knowledge to parse the guests and show dates from the mp3s into the excel file, no?

1000 umbrellas
Aug 25, 2005

We thought we'd base our civilization upon yours, 'cause you're the smartest animals on earth, now ain't you?

Hydrogen Oxide posted:

It should be fairly easy for someone with a bit of tech knowledge to parse the guests and show dates from the mp3s into the excel file, no?

Sadly, I do not have that knowledge. As far as I can tell, none of the shows are tagged at all; all the information about the date and the guest is in the mp3 title. I don't even really know how to use Excel that well. I just started making this for my own organizational benefit.

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
If anybody knows how to set up a Wiki, I can put it on my webspace. I don't use it for much, and my vast knowledge of PHP, MySQL and CSS is from poor attempts at a Wordpress blog. I'm totally up for it since I'm slowly making my way up through 2001 (almost done).

Shiggen
Apr 8, 2007
The July 15, 2003 episode with Brooke Burns is hilarious. Adam's voice cracks, Drew doesn't have the lyrics to his Missy Elliot song, Adam once again goes over his receiving oral technique in depth, Brooke talks about how she got famous, Dog Eat Dog, and hosting Miss Teen USA. Dr. Drew's 'hip' crank yanker drops are sprinkled throughout this one also.

Rants on:
Westwood done
Bostonians/New Englanders/East Coasters and the difference between Californians
DirecTv, party house, MLB pay-per-view sports package ripoff,

Shiggen fucked around with this message at 08:50 on Apr 10, 2008

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

1000 umbrellas posted:

AIM is riot for kanada

http://lovelinecentral.com/mp3/loveline%20-%20freetruman%27s%20update%20to%20puck%27s%20list.xls

someone has already started this. I've created a wiki, but I haven't the time or the know how to configure it. If anybody does, reply to this (no PM) and I'll give them admin on it.

it's at http://www.lovelinecentral.com

• Locked thread