Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Weezy88
Sep 25, 2006

Matlock posted:

I have this song stuck in my head, but not the words. :smith:

The hook is pretty much this:

Doo dooo todayyyyyyy
Doo dooo tomorrowwwwwwww
Dah da da da da for you

Do and Da being the notes in the song, of course. It's a rock song, from the 2000's, I think the singer sounds like the singer from Disturbed, but the song itself is slow and melodic. Might be an Australian singer.

I think it may be "save me today" or "love me today" but I'm not sure

Hate me by Blue October.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOziJi-1hHE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

Need some help.

it's a crunky sounding hip hop song and there's a phrase about "what the fucks goin on in this goddamn club". Anyone know what it might be?

I know it's not much to go on, but any help would be mucho appreciated. thanks.

EvilMoFo
Jan 1, 2006

EvilMoFo posted:

this was recorded off of the radio nearly 6 years ago
it was in the middle of a mix, by an unknown dj, broadcast in the san francisco bay area (wild 94.9, house nation)

logic says that the main sample was taken from some kind of educational/documentary/public service recording, the voice is talking about drugs and what they are known as on the street ... i faintly remember more drugs, but this is all i have of the recording

lyrics:
male voice:
"dance all night"
"psychedelic video, flashing lights"

female voice:
"the music would start and it would beep"
"ecstasy"

male voice:
"euphoric high"
"dancing non stop"
"on the street its called 'e', 'x', or 'rolls'"
"glowsticks, pacifiers, and lollipops"
"ketamine known on the streets as 'special k'"
"ecstasy is being used"

i have googled for it many times, always coming up empty ... any information is greatly appreciated
... anyone have a clue?

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Saint Jimmy posted:

Need some help.

it's a crunky sounding hip hop song and there's a phrase about "what the fucks goin on in this goddamn club". Anyone know what it might be?

I know it's not much to go on, but any help would be mucho appreciated. thanks.

Ying Yang Twins - What the gently caress!

PissFilledCumBubble fucked around with this message at 12:03 on Apr 13, 2008

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007
Ok, I am gonna try this one again because I REALLY want this song and the radio station isn't responding to my emails and nobody here replied. Forget my stupid midi version which was probably throwing people off.

Are there any 80s songs you know of where the chorus consists of "join us, join us" or "change us, change us", or "joyness, joyness" or something that could easily be misheard for those lyrics? After the aformentioned lyric, there is a bit more, but then it kicks back in a second time to the "join us, join us".

All of this next part is purely speculation but I seem to remember a male vocalist along the lines of the guy from The Smiths, or possibly closer to the guy from the Psychadelic Furs. It should be at least fairly well know because it was played during more or less an 80s hit hour.

Now, here is a very crude version of what I remember hearing. There are two possibilities here. I did the song both ways, because I was not sure how it went. Keep in mind, I may have completely misheard all of the lyrics since it was on in the background. Please, ANY shot in the dark you have, anything that sounds remotely familiar, even if it's something terribly obvious or the most famous song in existence, it could be and is probably something very very obvious I just can't find because I misheard the lyrics horribly.

Edit: Sorry, I am singing softly in the recording because it was 4 AM when I recorded and didn't want to alert my roommates.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
OK, almost certainly a late '60s or '70s song, likely British, the vocalist sounding a little bit like Syd Barrett. Pretty sure there's no instrumentation aside from one acoustic guitar.

The chorus is "Nobody knows where we are... nobody knows where we are."

Contains the lyric "everyone talking at once" once or more in the song.

Also "one minute hiiiiiiiiiigh" or "one million hiiiiiiiiigh" or something similar with the "hiiiiiiiiiigh" sung in a falsetto.

Edit: gently caress, found it as soon as I made the post. Kaleidoscope - Flight from Ashiya.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

Weezy88 posted:

Hate me by Blue October.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOziJi-1hHE

I was remembering the lyrics wrong, but the voice was spot-on--apparently it was "Calling You."

Saint Jimmy
Jul 5, 2006

PissFilledCumBubble posted:

Ying Yang Twins - What the gently caress!

Yes. Thanks very much.

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand
This is going to be pretty vague but here goes. About 15 years ago I had an album that was pretty popular at the time. It was quite 'chill out' but the main theme it had was monks chanting over slow techno. It's been bugging me for days and I constantly feel it's on the tip of my tongue but I cannot spit it out for the life of me.
As I say, it was very popular so I'm hoping my pathetically vague description will enable someone to help me out. Thanks.

Freddie Gibbis
Jul 30, 2007

~~ schween lyfe ~~

Rapacity posted:

This is going to be pretty vague but here goes. About 15 years ago I had an album that was pretty popular at the time. It was quite 'chill out' but the main theme it had was monks chanting over slow techno. It's been bugging me for days and I constantly feel it's on the tip of my tongue but I cannot spit it out for the life of me.
As I say, it was very popular so I'm hoping my pathetically vague description will enable someone to help me out. Thanks.

The group you're looking for is Enigma, I forget the name of the record though.

Twisted Perspective
Sep 15, 2005

I've come to see you...

RapHandz posted:

Their discography is available here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Enigma_(musical_project)

Rapacity
Sep 12, 2007
Grand

helpful people above posted:

the answer
Lord, that was fast! Of course, now I see the answer I feel like slapping myself. How could I forget? Anyway, thanks a lot once again.

EDIT Oh heck, this is bringing back a few unexpected memories... oof.

Rapacity fucked around with this message at 03:07 on Apr 14, 2008

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!
Can anyone identify the jazz at the start of this clip?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NHq5S1pDD6c

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Popcorn posted:

Can anyone identify the jazz at the start of this clip?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NHq5S1pDD6c

there's a youtube comment that says the song's on this collection

http://www.amazon.com/Some-Things-Just-Stick-Your/dp/B000V1OUOA

Devlin Carnate
Aug 8, 2003

RIAA Jr. Field Inspector. Checking for illegal files. Let me in.

Hologram posted:

Looking for the name of something I heard a long time ago.

Classical piece with a tempo around 85-93 I think, and it kinda rumbles on.

It sounds very powerful/intimidating and slow.

The main "riff" is the violin section and the low brass section playing back and forth.

dun dundun dundun dundun dundun dundun dundunnn

I once heard it referred to as a piece from Prokofiev's Romeo and Juliet but I don't believe that's the case.

IF it helps it's sone of the tunes they play from the speakers at Escape from Pompeii in Williamsburg, VA.
Check out "Montagues and Capulets" from Romeo and Juliet anyways just to be sure.

Popcorn
May 25, 2004

You're both fuckin' banned!

there's a youtube comment that says the song's on this collection

http://www.amazon.com/Some-Things-Just-Stick-Your/dp/B000V1OUOA

That's the song performed by Vashti Bunyan in the actual video. I want the music at the very start, the kind of airy jazz used in the title sequence...

Horseface
Jun 29, 2003

Please put your hands together for Homosexuals the Gorilla!

RapHandz posted:

I'm guessing it's The Return to Innocence.

SuperS
Oct 28, 2007
i'm not that super, really
http://youtube.com/watch?v=y2xNyxc5VWs

at about 0:39 the part that goes and i'm feelin' sounds like another song of similar genre, I can't pinpoint it

any ideas?

fake edit: Silverchair - Tomorrow is not what I'm after

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
I think you're thinking of Evenflow, by Pearl Jam.

jeff8472
Dec 28, 2000

He died from watch-in-ass disease

SuperS posted:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=y2xNyxc5VWs

at about 0:39 the part that goes and i'm feelin' sounds like another song of similar genre, I can't pinpoint it

any ideas?

fake edit: Silverchair - Tomorrow is not what I'm after

Temple of the Dog - Hungerstrike?

Or maybe something by Alice in Chains?

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused
Ok I have some songs that are bugging me

First one is a song that plays on the muzak at my work, it's an up tempo song kinda like Bang on the Drums, starts with a group of people saying "Ahhh beep beep" several times and then it sounds like they're singing at a street party and something about staying up all night.

Second is another from the muzak where this lady is singing very high she does a vocalization that gets so high I sounds like when you push the top key on a keyboard.

Third is a song that I think is Swedish, it sounds almost Alvin and the Chipmonk-y, I believe it was a joke song and the chorus as far as I can recall sounded like "ooba ooba ooba hut hut hut" repeated several times.

Spider Crusoe
Jan 30, 2005

Elohssa Gib posted:

First one is a song that plays on the muzak at my work, it's an up tempo song kinda like Bang on the Drums, starts with a group of people saying "Ahhh beep beep" several times and then it sounds like they're singing at a street party and something about staying up all night.

Second is another from the muzak where this lady is singing very high she does a vocalization that gets so high I sounds like when you push the top key on a keyboard.
I don't know about the "beep" thing, but the Go Team's music has that sound you describe. Would the second song be the Queen of the Night's aria from the Magic Flute? A Mariah Carrey song also comes to mind, but I don't know which of them I'm thinking of.

Spider Crusoe fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 15, 2008

BSG
Jun 22, 2007

The Dwarf Knight
A music video where a lady sits on a chair-bed wearing African garb, singing a smooth jazz piece, but had a voice similar to Macy Gray, but good. The video had lots of text, and silhouette images of jazz players, but was probably on the indie side of things.

She could've been African or Indian, I can't quite remember. There was a big radio-mic in the video, too.

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Elohssa Gib posted:

Ok I have some songs that are bugging me

This sounds like the intro of Donna Summer - Bad Girls

Superrodan
Nov 27, 2007

BSG posted:

A music video where a lady sits on a chair-bed wearing African garb, singing a smooth jazz piece, but had a voice similar to Macy Gray, but good. The video had lots of text, and silhouette images of jazz players, but was probably on the indie side of things.

She could've been African or Indian, I can't quite remember. There was a big radio-mic in the video, too.

It could have been Erykah Badu or India Arie.

I looked through some of their videos real quick on youtube but couldn't find anything similar to what you were talking about.

Casual Combustion
Jan 12, 2003

The song in this wii fit video. http://gizmodo.com/379785/wii-fit-helpin-us-ski-this-summer it sounds almost like four tet or something, and I'm just really hoping that it's not music specifically composed for it. Any help?

BSG
Jun 22, 2007

The Dwarf Knight

Superrodan posted:

It could have been Erykah Badu or India Arie.

I looked through some of their videos real quick on youtube but couldn't find anything similar to what you were talking about.

No, she's much more obscure than that.

Rivfader
Aug 1, 2006

Before One
I'm looking for the name of a piece of pianomusic accompanying a video on Youtube. Some other people have already asked for the songinfo in the Youtube comments, but I'm trying my luck here.

The video itself is a weird watch as well. A guy got stuck in an elevator for 41 hours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p_bMhNI_TY8

Thanks. :)

Large Hardon Collider
Nov 28, 2005

PARADOL EX FAN CLUB
http://www.newyorker.com/online/video/2008/04/21/080421_elevators

A friend of mine was curious what this was. :)

Ijuuin Enzan
Oct 28, 2006
More fun than dryer lint.
I heard this song fairly regularly on the radio in France. Something along the lines of 'Everybody's in love today, any way you got to, any way you want to' or words to that effect. It's stuck in my head and Google has offered me no clue. :(

chachu
Jul 4, 2007

cuttin' cat faces in the pines.

Ijuuin Enzan posted:

I heard this song fairly regularly on the radio in France. Something along the lines of 'Everybody's in love today, any way you got to, any way you want to' or words to that effect. It's stuck in my head and Google has offered me no clue. :(

That was on a commercial in the US for a phone or something; I think it said it was somebody with a name like Mika or something and the song is named "In Love Today". Pretty sure it was a Verizon commercial.

chachu fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Apr 16, 2008

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

More of a "help me identify a sample."

Does anyone know where the chanting at the beginning of "Dead Womb" by Death From Above 1979 was taken from?

_minty
Feb 22, 2007
~

Headless Norseman posted:

More of a "help me identify a sample."

Does anyone know where the chanting at the beginning of "Dead Womb" by Death From Above 1979 was taken from?
Crystal Castle - Untrust Us
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bGOiIfih8Ls

As for me, probably a ridiculous request, but I'm trying to find a song that sounds something like 1:06~1:30 in Spoon's 'The Book I Write.'

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6RTrCgkos08

I've just heard the song tonight during the Stranger than Fiction credits for the first time and it's reminding me of a song I really want to hear, but obviously can't place.

So, if you know a song that sounds like that bit of the song, save my mind. This may win most obscure "Help me identify a song" ever.

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

Spider Crusoe posted:

I don't know about the "beep" thing, but the Go Team's music has that sound you describe. Would the second song be the Queen of the Night's aria from the Magic Flute? A Mariah Carrey song also comes to mind, but I don't know which of them I'm thinking of.

It's not the magic flute song, it's peppier and the part I'm thinking of is a fairly long high note that hits the whistle range, after some YouTube searching I'm thinking it might be the song at 0:52 or possibly 3:38 on this clip
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p8P6ngnWo1g
if not it has a similar pattern

This sounds like the intro of Donna Summer - Bad Girls

This is similar but the song doesn't have the words toot toot in it as far as I can remember and I think the main part is sung by a guy. The "Ahhh beep beep" part sound kind of like it's sung by a crowd of people.

Elohssa Gib fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Apr 16, 2008

PissFilledCumBubble
Jun 27, 2006

Elohssa Gib posted:

I'm thinking it might be the song at 0:52 or possibly 3:38 on

if that's it, that's Mariah Carey - Emotions

Elohssa Gib
Aug 30, 2006

Easily Amused

if that's it, that's Mariah Carey - Emotions

Yes, thanks, that's one down.
Now to figure out the other 2.

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

_minty posted:

Crystal Castle - Untrust Us
http://youtube.com/watch?v=bGOiIfih8Ls

No, Crystal Castles sampled DFA79. "Dead Womb" came out in '02 or so.

Elphiem
Dec 4, 2005

CFC Fan
edit.

Elphiem fucked around with this message at 22:28 on Apr 16, 2008

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

Headless Norseman posted:

No, Crystal Castles sampled DFA79. "Dead Womb" came out in '02 or so.

The bit in the DFA song is from some text-to-speech program that I forget the name of. My friend had it on his computer and was trying to figure out exactly what they had put into the program to make it say what it said. La cocaine etc etc. I would recommend trying some different text-to-speech programs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kleinsasser Youth
Feb 23, 2004

The Berzerker posted:

The bit in the DFA song is from some text-to-speech program that I forget the name of. My friend had it on his computer and was trying to figure out exactly what they had put into the program to make it say what it said. La cocaine etc etc. I would recommend trying some different text-to-speech programs.

No kid? I'll have to try that out sometime.