Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Eyecannon
Mar 13, 2003

you are what you excrete

jwh posted:

Okay, so you'll need to add a route to your "real" gateway to route 192.168.1.0/24 towards the 10.0.0.5 IP address of your 1800.

This doesn't make sense to me. It seems to me that my other gateway should have nothing to do with this.

When someone connects to our VPN, they are coming in on x.x.x.217 and given a 192.168.1.0/24 address. The internal interface for the VPN server is at 10.0.0.5, which I can ping. But I should also be able to ping 10.0.0.160, for instance, and anything else on 10.0.0.0/24. My other gateway goes to x.x.x.218, which I'm not interested in doing anything with in this scenario.

Does that clear it up a little? Or am I being retarded in some way?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue
Can you post the router config minus the public IPs and anything else you don't feel comfortable with?

Eyecannon
Mar 13, 2003

you are what you excrete
Hmmm I was doing this and there are hundreds of lines like:

access-list 100 deny ip any host 192.168.1.10

one line for each of the addresses for the entire subnet. There are all these NAT Rules, I think from an old setup where we had a server behind the Cisco using it as a gateway and this server had a bunch of stuff forwarded to it. I'm not sure exacly what the prior sysadmin was doing here, but it seems like rules like this would block traffic to anybody who VPN'd in and got a 192.168.1.0/24 address, right?

NAT is set up and when I look at the Route MAP, it has the ACL corresponding to all those rules.

How can I quickly remove all of these rules, not one by one? I'm guessing I need to get rid of them.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Eyecannon posted:

Hmmm I was doing this and there are hundreds of lines like:

access-list 100 deny ip any host 192.168.1.10

one line for each of the addresses for the entire subnet. There are all these NAT Rules, I think from an old setup where we had a server behind the Cisco using it as a gateway and this server had a bunch of stuff forwarded to it. I'm not sure exacly what the prior sysadmin was doing here, but it seems like rules like this would block traffic to anybody who VPN'd in and got a 192.168.1.0/24 address, right?

NAT is set up and when I look at the Route MAP, it has the ACL corresponding to all those rules.

How can I quickly remove all of these rules, not one by one? I'm guessing I need to get rid of them.

The great part about access lists on Cisco IOS is despite the fact you _think_ you can remove one entry, the second it gets the 'no access list <x> [optional trailing garbage here which tricks you into thinking you can delete one entry]' command it will wipe the whole access list.

Awesome huh?

Eyecannon
Mar 13, 2003

you are what you excrete
Sounds annoying!

Here's my log: LOG

There is no host at 10.0.0.200 anymore, so all that poo poo can go!

vvvv Yay for inheriting hosed up poo poo, how can I delete them?

Eyecannon fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 5, 2008

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?
Those acls are retarded.

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue
Wow, just wow.

ObamaisaTerrist
Jul 26, 2008

The truth is out there.
It's been a long day, and I hope what I'm about to post is clear, and more importantly, enough information.

We turned up a T1 line from a remote site to our NOC. The T1 goes into a 3745, and the remote site is a 2600. Fa 0/0 of the 2600 goes to Fa 0/1 of a 2960. The 2960 uses a dhcp helper address to obtain an IP from a scope at the NOC.

The PC obtained:

255.255.255.0 (sm)
10.212.1.1 (dg)

The PC could ping the default gateway, but not tracert anything for some reason. From the switch or router, seems like we could ping anything we tried. It's all hazy now. Does anything in the following configs look to be a problem? 2600 rtr and 2960 switch to follow:

2600:
code:
RTR#wr t
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 1105 bytes
!
version 12.3
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
service password-encryption
service udp-small-servers
service tcp-small-servers
!
hostname RTR
!
boot-start-marker
boot-end-marker
!
logging buffered 4096 debugging
enable secret 5 
!
no aaa new-model
ip subnet-zero
!
!
ip cef
!
!
!
!
!
interface FastEthernet0/0
 ip address 10.212.1.2 255.255.255.0
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface Serial0/0
 description T1 to 3745
 ip address 10.12.0.2 255.255.0.0
 service-module t1 timeslots 1-24
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
 no ip address
 shutdown
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
router eigrp 101
 network 10.0.0.0
 no auto-summary
!
router rip
 version 2
 network 10.0.0.0
 no auto-summary
!
ip http server
ip classless
!
!
snmp-server community publicshkly RO
snmp-server enable traps tty
!
line con 0
 transport preferred all
 transport output all
line aux 0
 transport preferred all
 transport output all
line vty 0 4
 password 7 
 login
 transport preferred all
 transport input all
 transport output all
!
end

RTR#
2960:
code:
SW#wr t
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 1131 bytes
!
version 12.2
no service pad
service timestamps debug uptime
service timestamps log uptime
service password-encryption
!
hostname SW
!
enable secret 5 
!
no aaa new-model
system mtu routing 1500
ip subnet-zero
!
!
!
!
no file verify auto
spanning-tree mode pvst
spanning-tree extend system-id
!
vlan internal allocation policy ascending
!
interface FastEthernet0/1
 description uplink to Router 2600
!
interface FastEthernet0/2
!
interface FastEthernet0/3
!
interface FastEthernet0/4
!
interface FastEthernet0/5
!
interface FastEthernet0/6
!
interface FastEthernet0/7
!
interface FastEthernet0/8
!
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
!
interface Vlan1
 ip address 10.212.1.1 255.255.255.0
 ip helper-address 10.100.15.19
 no ip route-cache
!
interface Vlan2
 ip address 10.212.2.1 255.255.255.0
 ip helper-address 10.100.15.19
 no ip route-cache
!
interface Vlan250
 description cisco mgmt.
 ip address 10.212.250.1 255.255.255.0
 no ip route-cache
!
ip default-gateway 10.212.1.2
ip http server
!
control-plane
!
!
line con 0
line vty 0 4
 password 7 
 login
line vty 5 15
 login
!
end

SW#

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Eyecannon posted:

This doesn't make sense to me. It seems to me that my other gateway should have nothing to do with this.

When someone connects to our VPN, they are coming in on x.x.x.217 and given a 192.168.1.0/24 address. The internal interface for the VPN server is at 10.0.0.5, which I can ping. But I should also be able to ping 10.0.0.160, for instance, and anything else on 10.0.0.0/24. My other gateway goes to x.x.x.218, which I'm not interested in doing anything with in this scenario.

Does that clear it up a little? Or am I being retarded in some way?

Well, I could be being retarded here too, so let's not rule that out.

That said, if you're users are connected to your internal network with 192.168.1.0/24 IP addresses, your machines on the 10.0.0.0 network will need to know how to reach that network. Barring some sort of proxy-arp shenanigans, that would normally entail adding a route on the gateway for that 10.0.0.0 network to point the 192.168.1.0/24 route towards the IP address of your 1800.

When a VPN user sources a packet from 192.168.1.0/24, destined for 10.0.0.160, it arrives at 10.0.0.160, and that machines then needs to figure out how to return that packet- it has no more specific route for the 192.168.1.0/24 network, so it'll follow it's default to your firewall gateway, who also doesn't know how to return data to the 1800. I suspect this is your problem.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

ObamaisaTerrist posted:

10.212.1.1 (dg)

This is not the IP address on the 2600's Fa0/0, and I didn't think the 2960 could act as a layer-3 router. I thought the SVI interfaces on the 2960 were mostly for management purposes. I could be wrong about this.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006

jwh posted:

This is not the IP address on the 2600's Fa0/0, and I didn't think the 2960 could act as a layer-3 router. I thought the SVI interfaces on the 2960 were mostly for management purposes. I could be wrong about this.

I don't think it can either. I might be off with this, but this might be a router on a stick situation. I'd think he wants the gateways to be the router's sub interfaces.

Just a question though, why both RIP and EIGRP?

ObamaisaTerrist
Jul 26, 2008

The truth is out there.

jwh posted:

I'll try that tomorrow. Me and the other IT guy are so use to the L3 stuff...

InferiorWang posted:

Just a question though, why both RIP and EIGRP?

We're all relatively new due to turn over of the prior IT regime. We jumped in during a major forklift overhaul. All the new stuff uses EIGRP, and some of the legacy used both that and RIPv2, or used RIP and the consultant/vendor through EIGRP on to make it all communicate - We don't know. We may have thrown that in on this switch at some point and forgot.

All the legacy T1 connections used RIPv2.....Takes forever to converge too.

Thanks for all your help.

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

jwh posted:

You are correct. The 2960 is a simple managed switch, not a layer 3 switch.

Eyecannon
Mar 13, 2003

you are what you excrete
Thanks for the help guys. I realized that I could easily do what I wanted if I just had VPN clients given a sub-subnet of 10.0.0.0/24 that was unused. This way, I am able to speak to (well listen back from) anything on 10.0.0.0/24.

Question though, is it considered bad practice to have it like this? It would be nice to have a few hosts accessible from the VPN, but not necessarily all. I can set up the route on the other gateway I suppose instead.

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
Two small questions:

1) We just put an ASA 5510 with CSC SSM in at our home office. We have an 1841 in place now doing routing and NAT. Does the ASA have the same capabilities as the 1841 and could I replace the 1841 entirely?

2) If I set up an 1841 as a DNS forwader at a remote site, will it forward dynamic DNS registrations?

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Eyecannon posted:

Thanks for the help guys. I realized that I could easily do what I wanted if I just had VPN clients given a sub-subnet of 10.0.0.0/24 that was unused. This way, I am able to speak to (well listen back from) anything on 10.0.0.0/24.

Question though, is it considered bad practice to have it like this? It would be nice to have a few hosts accessible from the VPN, but not necessarily all. I can set up the route on the other gateway I suppose instead.

It's not ideal from a security perspective -- if I have one of your user's passwords and a VPN certificate, I have your network to play with. If you can lock down specific ports and addresses, that might be better. This might be fine for you; the trick with security is determining the value of what you're protecting and the relative risk vs. the cost/effort of setting it up with more hardened, fine-grained protection.

JHVH-1
Jun 28, 2002
I got a Cisco Catalyst 3548 from work with a faulty gbic. I figured I would take it home and start learning how to do the stuff the network admin is always doing for us.

I was able to reset the config, and I can now get in the switch. I guess I need to know what I should do next to start learning everything. Is there a specific book that is recommended to start with? Maybe some kind of project setup just to test out things.

I guess I could run cat5 from my airport extreme or something. I gave the switch a 192.168.0.x address but I am assuming I have to enable an interface, like Fa0/1 and make it an uplink. I only know so much right now that I have absorbed at work from other people doing things on the network that already has a layout.

ObamaisaTerrist
Jul 26, 2008

The truth is out there.

jwh posted:

I'm going to head out of town tomorrow, but wanted to drop in this thread again and thank you and InferiorWang.

After changing the dg in the scope, everything is working now.

Thanks for your help.

delslo
Sep 20, 2003

OK, I've tried this a few times before with no luck, want to resolve this. I've got an ASA5505 running 8.0.3, ASDM 6.1.3. the outside interface is hooked up to a comcast cable modem that gives my ASA a DHCP address. This address is dynamic but it does not change that often. I am trying to do NAT/port forwarding for various services such as http, bit torrent, etc. I've just run the device through the ASDM startup wizard for a quick reset to defaults/quick setup and enable telnet management. I realize that ASDM sucks.

I'm familiar enough with cisco CLI to get into it, run commands that are given to me and understand basically what they are doing, that's about it. Could someone please help me out (list of commands to run/etc. would be most helpful) based on the information below?

-----------
Internal IP: 10.0.1.22
ports: 80 (HTTP); 51413; I can figure the rest out from that

running config:
--
: Saved
:
ASA Version 8.0(3)
!
hostname ciscoasa
domain-name coronabeach.local
enable password LOLPASSWORD encrypted
names
!
interface Vlan1
nameif inside
security-level 100
ip address 10.0.1.1 255.255.255.0
!
interface Vlan2
nameif outside
security-level 0
ip address dhcp setroute
!
interface Ethernet0/0
switchport access vlan 2
!
interface Ethernet0/1
!
interface Ethernet0/2
!
interface Ethernet0/3
!
interface Ethernet0/4
!
interface Ethernet0/5
!
interface Ethernet0/6
!
interface Ethernet0/7
!
passwd LOLPASSWORD encrypted
ftp mode passive
clock timezone EST -5
clock summer-time EDT recurring
dns server-group DefaultDNS
domain-name coronabeach.local
pager lines 24
logging asdm informational
mtu outside 1500
mtu inside 1500
icmp unreachable rate-limit 1 burst-size 1
asdm image disk0:/asdm-522.bin
no asdm history enable
arp timeout 14400
global (outside) 1 interface
nat (inside) 1 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0
timeout xlate 3:00:00
timeout conn 1:00:00 half-closed 0:10:00 udp 0:02:00 icmp 0:00:02
timeout sunrpc 0:10:00 h323 0:05:00 h225 1:00:00 mgcp 0:05:00 mgcp-pat 0:05:00
timeout sip 0:30:00 sip_media 0:02:00 sip-invite 0:03:00 sip-disconnect 0:02:00
timeout uauth 0:05:00 absolute
dynamic-access-policy-record DfltAccessPolicy
http server enable
http 10.0.1.0 255.255.255.0 inside
no snmp-server location
no snmp-server contact
snmp-server enable traps snmp authentication linkup linkdown coldstart
no crypto isakmp nat-traversal
telnet 10.0.1.0 255.255.255.0 inside
telnet timeout 5
ssh timeout 5
console timeout 0
dhcpd auto_config outside
!
dhcpd address 10.0.1.2-10.0.1.33 inside
dhcpd enable inside
!

threat-detection basic-threat
threat-detection statistics access-list
!
class-map inspection_default
match default-inspection-traffic
!
!
policy-map type inspect dns preset_dns_map
parameters
message-length maximum 512
policy-map global_policy
class inspection_default
inspect dns preset_dns_map
inspect ftp
inspect h323 h225
inspect h323 ras
inspect rsh
inspect rtsp
inspect esmtp
inspect sqlnet
inspect skinny
inspect sunrpc
inspect xdmcp
inspect sip
inspect netbios
inspect tftp
!
service-policy global_policy global
prompt hostname context
Cryptochecksum:
: end
asdm image disk0:/asdm-522.bin
no asdm history enable

----------

Thanks in advance. After I get this working, I'll set up VPN aagain.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Internal IP: 10.0.1.22
ports: 80 (HTTP); 51413; I can figure the rest out from that
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&

access-list outside_access_in extended permit tcp any host PUBLIC_IP eq 80
access-list outside_access_in extended permit tcp any host PUBLIC_IP eq 51413

access-group outside_access_in in int outside

static (inside,outside) PUBLIC_IP 10.0.1.22 netmask 255.255.255.255

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

Eyecannon posted:

Sounds annoying!

Here's my log: LOG

There is no host at 10.0.0.200 anymore, so all that poo poo can go!

vvvv Yay for inheriting hosed up poo poo, how can I delete them?

lol! those ACLs....

Gucci Loafers
May 20, 2006

Ask yourself, do you really want to talk to pair of really nice gaudy shoes?

What's the best way to go about getting certified? My initial idea is to get a bunch of older Cisco routers, make my own lab, get a few books and take up a bootcamp for a week that'll allow me to play with the newer equipment before I take the test.

I'm assuming this will take a 3-4 months of studying? What is the starting salary? I'm assuming 18-20/h of someone with limited IT experience (setting up small linksys routers, small servers, etc)

Thanks!

Gucci Loafers fucked around with this message at 07:15 on Sep 8, 2008

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth
The CCNA isn't a hard test. If you have access to equipment and you actually focus on studying, you'll be fine. If you just sort of skim over the material and don't actually try to apply what you learn to some routers, then you never will.

If you can get two 2600's that have a serial port and can do ospf/eigrp then that is all you need for the CCNA. Oh and a book of course.

A friend of mine who had zero experience was able to pass the test in a month.

MrMoo
Sep 14, 2000

Multicast & Bonjour routing, I have a HP ProCurve 2848 which I think mistakenly I thought could allow multicast between VLANs. It does have multicast support but only with an external multicast router, can anyone suggest the easiest method to upgrade so that I can do this? Is a Cisco router the only way forward? How much is it going to cost getting to get one full source port, i.e. 1 gb/s multicast routing?

Basic routing would be nice for DAAP, mDNS, multicast-NTP, but I'm really after getting PGM working cross VLAN.

Nukelear v.2
Jun 25, 2004
My optional title text
I had a weird crash with one our core 3750G-24TS stacks, running 12.2(20)SE4. Wondering if anybody may have some thoughts on this.

The second (slave) switch in the stack stopped passing traffic, all of the interface lights went dark. 'show switch' showed it in a Provisioned state with all 0's for the MAC. Reset the switch and the odd thing is then the problem moved to the third switch in the stack which had previously been working. Same issues the second one had.

Killing the power to the whole stack fixed it, but it's rather unsettling when a major piece of kit fails in a rather odd way. Our Symmetra doesn't show any power hits or oddities, the only thing I can think of is a failing stack cable.

Edit: Logs help things. Looks like memory fragmentation/leaks killed it after 3-4 years uptime.

SYS-2-MALLOCFAIL: Memory allocation of 35856 bytes failed from 0x7DEE38, alignment 8
Pool: Processor Free: 2093976 Cause: Memory fragmentation
Alternate Pool: None Free: 0 Cause: No Alternate pool

Nukelear v.2 fucked around with this message at 15:20 on Sep 8, 2008

Syano
Jul 13, 2005
Is it possible to assign two IPs to the same interface on an ASA 5510?

bort
Mar 13, 2003

JHVH-1 posted:

I was able to reset the config, and I can now get in the switch. I guess I need to know what I should do next to start learning everything. Is there a specific book that is recommended to start with? Maybe some kind of project setup just to test out things.

Not a whole lot to a 3548, but here's pretty much everything:
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/docs/switches/lan/catalyst2900xl_3500xl/release12.0_5_wc3/swg/Swgover.html

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Syano posted:

I'd imagine that you can do sub-interfaces. But I'd have to ask what you are trying to do.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005

Syano posted:

No you can't do secondary addresses in PIXOS *sigh*

When we have to do that, we usually hang a 3550-24 off the back to do the multiple IP addresses / routing between multiple internal subnets then set up a /30 between the PIX/ASA and the 3550.

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

I'm having some trouble with a remote access VPN using the Cisco VPN Client to a 3825. When I attempt to connect, the VPN client spits out this in the logs:

code:
Cisco Systems VPN Client Version 5.0.03.0530
Copyright (C) 1998-2007 Cisco Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Client Type(s): Windows, WinNT
Running on: 5.1.2600 Service Pack 3
Config file directory: C:\Program Files\Cisco Systems\VPN Client\

1      19:31:35.957  09/09/08  Sev=Warning/3	IKE/0xE3000057
The received HASH payload cannot be verified

2      19:31:35.957  09/09/08  Sev=Warning/2	IKE/0xE300007E
Hash verification failed... may be configured with invalid group password.

3      19:31:35.957  09/09/08  Sev=Warning/2	IKE/0xE300009B
Failed to authenticate peer (Navigator:904)

4      19:31:35.957  09/09/08  Sev=Warning/2	IKE/0xE30000A7
Unexpected SW error occurred while processing Aggressive Mode negotiator:(Navigator:2238)
Now, it looks like the group name and/or password is incorrect, but I've reentered them both by hand and copy/paste on both the client and the router multiple times. There are no spaces or punctuation in either name, just upper case, lower case, and numbers. I've even tried removing ALL the VPN configuration from the router, putting it back in again, and creating a new .pcf on the client side.

Nothing seems to work! I'd appreciate any ideas you guys might have. Here's the router configuration:

code:
version 12.4
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
no service password-encryption
!
hostname bwsrouter
!
boot-start-marker
boot-end-marker
!
logging buffered 51200 warnings
!
aaa new-model
!
!
aaa group server radius BWSOD
 server-private 10.168.1.4 auth-port 1812 acct-port 1813 key bws123456
!
aaa authentication login BWS_VPN_users group BWSOD local
aaa authorization network BWS_VPN_auth group BWSOD local 
!
aaa session-id common
!
resource policy
!
clock timezone CST -6
clock summer-time CDT recurring
ip subnet-zero
ip cef
ip tcp selective-ack
ip tcp timestamp
!
!
ip inspect name firewall-out tcp
ip inspect name firewall-out udp
ip inspect name firewall-out cuseeme
ip inspect name firewall-out h323
ip inspect name firewall-out rcmd
ip inspect name firewall-out realaudio
ip inspect name firewall-out streamworks
ip inspect name firewall-out vdolive
ip inspect name firewall-out sqlnet
ip inspect name firewall-out tftp
ip inspect name firewall-out ftp
ip inspect name firewall-out icmp
ip inspect name firewall-out sip
ip inspect name firewall-out fragment maximum 256 timeout 1
ip inspect name firewall-out netshow
ip inspect name firewall-out rtsp
ip inspect name firewall-out pptp
ip inspect name firewall-out skinny
no ip dhcp use vrf connected
ip dhcp excluded-address 10.168.1.1 10.168.1.49
!         
ip dhcp pool inside-pool
   network 10.168.1.0 255.255.255.0
   default-router 10.168.1.1 
   dns-server 10.168.1.4 
   domain-name my.domain
   netbios-node-type b-node
!         
!         
no ip bootp server
no ip domain lookup
ip domain name my.domain
ip ssh version 2
!         
!         
!         
crypto pki trustpoint TP-self-signed-3557539967
 enrollment selfsigned
 subject-name cn=IOS-Self-Signed-Certificate-3557539967
 revocation-check none
 rsakeypair TP-self-signed-3557539967
!         
!         
crypto pki certificate chain TP-self-signed-3557539967
 certificate self-signed 01
  BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH BLAHBLAH
  quit    
username admin privilege 15 secret 5 toomanysecrets
!         
!         
!         
crypto isakmp policy 10
 encr 3des
 hash md5 
 authentication pre-share
 group 2  
!         
crypto isakmp client configuration group bwsvpn
 key cisco123
 dns 10.168.1.4
 domain my.domain
 pool vpnpool
 acl bwsvpnacl
 pfs      
!         
!         
crypto ipsec transform-set ESP-AES-256-SHA esp-aes 256 esp-sha-hmac 
!         
crypto dynamic-map outside_dyn_map 1
 set transform-set ESP-AES-256-SHA 
 reverse-route
!         
!         
crypto map outside_map client authentication list BWS_VPN_users
crypto map outside_map isakmp authorization list BWS_VPN_auth
crypto map outside_map client configuration address respond
crypto map outside_map 1 ipsec-isakmp dynamic outside_dyn_map 
!         
!         
!         
interface GigabitEthernet0/0
 description Internal LAN
 ip address 10.168.1.1 255.255.255.0
 ip nat inside
 ip virtual-reassembly
 duplex auto
 speed auto
 media-type rj45
 negotiation auto
!         
interface GigabitEthernet0/1
 description Internet
 ip address x.x.x.y 255.255.255.248
 ip access-group outside_in in
 no ip redirects
 no ip unreachables
 ip inspect firewall-out out
 ip nat outside
 ip virtual-reassembly
 no ip mroute-cache
 duplex auto
 speed auto
 media-type rj45
 negotiation auto
 no cdp enable
 crypto map outside_map
!         
ip local pool vpnpool 10.168.2.1 10.168.2.30
ip classless
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 69.15.195.169
!         
no ip http server
ip http authentication local
no ip http secure-server
ip http timeout-policy idle 60 life 86400 requests 10000
ip nat inside source list NAT_out interface GigabitEthernet0/1 overload
ip nat inside source static 10.168.1.4 x.x.x.x route-map NAT-out-static
!         
ip access-list standard RemoteAdmin
 permit 10.168.1.0 0.0.0.255
!         
ip access-list extended NAT_out
 deny   ip host 10.168.1.4 any
 deny   ip 10.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 10.168.2.0 0.0.0.255
 permit ip 10.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 any
ip access-list extended NAT_out_static
 deny   ip 10.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 10.168.2.0 0.0.0.255
 permit ip 10.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 any
ip access-list extended bwsvpnacl
 permit ip 10.168.1.0 0.0.0.255 10.168.2.0 0.0.0.255
ip access-list extended outside_in
 permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq www
 permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq 443
 permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq 993
 permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq 995
 permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq pop3
 permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq 465
 permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq 587
 permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq smtp
 permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq 143
 permit icmp any any echo
 permit icmp any any echo-reply
 permit icmp any any time-exceeded
 permit tcp any host x.x.x.x eq 1723
 permit tcp any host x.x.x.y eq 22
 permit gre any host x.x.x.x
 permit udp any any eq isakmp
 permit udp any any eq non500-isakmp
 permit esp any any
 permit udp any host x.x.x.x eq ntp
!         
route-map NAT-out-static permit 10
 match ip address NAT_out_static
!         
!         
!         
control-plane
!         
!         
!         
line con 0
 stopbits 1
line aux 0
 stopbits 1
line vty 0 4
 access-class RemoteAdmin in
 privilege level 15
 transport input ssh
line vty 5 15
 access-class RemoteAdmin in
 privilege level 15
 transport input ssh
!         
scheduler allocate 20000 1000
ntp clock-period 17179867
ntp server 130.126.24.24
ntp server 129.6.15.29
ntp server 130.126.24.44
!         
end

Syano
Jul 13, 2005

Powercrazy posted:

I'd imagine that you can do sub-interfaces. But I'd have to ask what you are trying to do.
Trying to figure out a way to integrate the device with least amount of effort. I want the 5510 to become the new default gateway for this network and it sure would be easy to tag on an additional address to eth0 instead of changing default gateways on tons of statically configured devices

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

Syano posted:

Trying to figure out a way to integrate the device with least amount of effort. I want the 5510 to become the new default gateway for this network and it sure would be easy to tag on an additional address to eth0 instead of changing default gateways on tons of statically configured devices

Keep in mind that an ASA is not a router; it's a security device. It'd be much easier to stick a layer 3 switch or a basic router with two FastEthernet ports in between it and your network like Girdle Wax posted above.

Sub-interfaces are really only useful if you have multiple VLANs that need to connect up to the ASA.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry
What kind of device do you guys recommend for routing at gigabit speeds? We're using 7206VXR's right now, and were looking at their layer 3 switches like the catalyst 3750 switches.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

CrazyLittle posted:

What kind of device do you guys recommend for routing at gigabit speeds? We're using 7206VXR's right now, and were looking at their layer 3 switches like the catalyst 3750 switches.

I suspect the answer will depend heavily on what kind of features you need- what kind of features do you need? Also, what kind of interfaces are you terminating?

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Studying for the CCNA, came across something that is confusing me.

Basically, how do you connect 2 routers using a serial link, without assigning ip addresses to either serial interface? There are examples of this everywhere in the odom book and the sample tests.

I've tried simply using something like "ip route 192.168.0.0 255.255.255.0 ser0" which does not return any sort of error, but the static route isn't appearing in "show ip route".

Reading through cisco sites I understand how to do this using the "ip unnumbered" command but that's not covered on the INCD1 exam and not anywhere in the odom book so that's not the answer that I'm looking for.

Any help?

EDIT : Related Question

The Odom practice exam loves giving you network diagrams that look like this:

I am a little confused what's going on with R1<->R3. What exactly is going on when you have a serial network connection, i.e. literally only 2 devices possible on that network segment, that has a network name assigned, but neither serial interface actually has an ip assigned? Where is that network name used? How does IOS know that this serial link is assigned a network name?

Chuu fucked around with this message at 04:11 on Sep 10, 2008

ionn
Jan 23, 2004

Din morsa.
Grimey Drawer
Both interfaces would need to have an IP address assigned within that subnet for that network to really exist. It seems to me like it just isn't specified in the diagram, probably just to confuse you since the actual addresses probably aren't needed for the excercise.
The concept of a network name (such as 192.168.6.0/24) in IOS only really comes from the assigned IP/netmask, without which it doesn't have a clue.

No idea about the first question though. I've only ever done stuff like that by using ip unnumbered, and that never outside the course labs...

Chuu
Sep 11, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ionn posted:

It seems to me like it just isn't specified in the diagram, probably just to confuse you since the actual addresses probably aren't needed for the excercise.

It's doing a really good job at confusing me then.

The question is basically asking how many zero subnets a packet from PC2 to PC3 is going through. In the answer explanation is just says "The R1-R3 serial link is not using subnetting." I just can't really wrap my head around what they're really trying to say here. 196.168.6.0/24, if there were ip addresses assigned to the serial links, would imply subnetting. If they leave out the ip addresses in the diagram then it's still subnetted. If they're not, the fact this segment is named and assigned a subnet mask to me says it's still subnetted, even though that information is useless.

Either the question sucks or I'm missing something. The fact I'm having so much trouble dealing with serial links without IP addresses assigned, which are all over the ICND1 official book, and I just can't get my 2501's to actually do this without using a command that's not on the exam, tells me it's probably the latter.

I might just be making this a lot harder than it really is based on what my routers are actually doing.

Chuu fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Sep 10, 2008

inignot
Sep 1, 2003

WWBCD?

Chuu posted:

In the answer explanation is just says "The R1-R3 serial link is not using subnetting." I just can't really wrap my head around what they're really trying to say here.

It's probably some obtuse way of saying the serial link is using a classfull network.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005

CrazyLittle posted:

Like jwh said, do you need full table BGP or anything like that? If so your step up from the 7206 is probably going to be to a 7600/GSR 12k/ASR1k.

If you only need a bunch of GbE ports, and not a whole lot of prefixes (ie not full table BGP) you can look at stuff like the 3550/3560/3750/4500.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SamDabbers
May 26, 2003

riske posted:

I'm having some trouble with a remote access VPN using the Cisco VPN Client to a 3825. When I attempt to connect, the VPN client spits out this in the logs:

*SNIP*

Now, it looks like the group name and/or password is incorrect, but I've reentered them both by hand and copy/paste on both the client and the router multiple times. There are no spaces or punctuation in either name, just upper case, lower case, and numbers. I've even tried removing ALL the VPN configuration from the router, putting it back in again, and creating a new .pcf on the client side.

Nothing seems to work! I'd appreciate any ideas you guys might have. Here's the router configuration:

*SNIP*

I figured this out in case anyone was wondering. My RADIUS server wasn't handing out authorization information properly. When I changed this line:
code:
aaa authorization network bwsvpn_users group BWSOD local
to only use the local authorization database:
code:
aaa authorization network bwsvpn_users local
it started working fine!