Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Alex

Alex had blinked in surprise as her arm made that horrible popping sound. How can it be that strong? Then the pain shot down her arm and her thoughts became more panicked and jumbled. Of course it is strong, it's a monster you idiot, a real honest to god monster. She then watched in horror as the car crashed through the resteraunt and Hobbs flew out of the car. Staring at the white cloud obscuring her vision for a few seconds she tried to make sense of what happened. Did we crash? Bushing the air bag aside, she distractedly looked around and the wrecked Mc Donalds. Stumbling out of the car, Alex landed on her arm and almost howled in pain. Weaving through the mess she half knelt half fell beside Hobbs.

"Oh god Hobbs don't be dead, we gotta get out of here...we gotta move...I don't wanna die in a Mc Donalds."

She bit her lip and shook her head trying to stop the spinning. I should have listened to Jennifer, monsters are real.

HP- 6/10

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Tempora mutantur, et nos mutamur in illis
Hobbs

Hobbs looked up.

"Mary?" He asked. Then he realized that it wasn't her. "Alex? How you doing? Move? Yeah, we gotta move."

Unsteadily, Hobbs got up. He took a look around.

DocBubonic fucked around with this message at 17:59 on Sep 8, 2008

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Alex

Alex helps Hobbs up as much as she can with one arm. Wincing as she moves.

"Something is wrong with my arm and I think my head is messed up. Think we can back the car out?"

She pauses a moment as the world spins again.

"If we can we can redevous with the others outside of town, If not..."

Alex glaces around in fear and her voice breaks a little.

"That thing wasn't human. It wasn't."

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Rick

"I could use a few more lugnuts on this end!" Rick yells aross the garage. It's easy to lose sight of the bigger picture when working on something, as countless hours dealing with tiny parts and looking up just to find that the whole workday has gone by has taught him in the past. As the ring clanks against a wheel hub, his mind wanders for a moment - She said that I was to be favored... Does this make her my chosen Lady for a situation like this? I've got to find out more. I just hope she's on our side in all of this. She just seemed so impartial to it all... The loud clang of a wrench jarrs his attention. He calls back to the hangar and barracks, voice booming as he tries to keep everyone on task. "Who's got eyes on Hobbs and the truck? Any updates? We need some hands to start moving supplies into the garage so we can prep this bus! Someone check the airplane in the hangar for a first aid kit - You never know what may have been left behind! Talk to me, people!" As he works, he sings whatever comes to mind, trying to keep spirits alive.

"Oh, I'll eat when I am hungry
and I'll drink when I am dry.
Get drunk whenever I'm ready,
get sober by and by -
And if this river don't drown meeeee
then still I'll need to roam -
for I'm a river driver and I'm far away from home~"

Penetrating Voice
Likes (Singing)
Singing 12

Centurion
Sep 28, 2005
Daniel

"I'll take a look for the kit," Daniel replies to Rick, as he puts a wrench down and starts walking out of the garage. Remembering the radio on his side, Daniel tries to raise Alex, to get a situation report:

"Hey Alex, we're making progress on the bus. How are you and your new friend holding up?"

Centurion fucked around with this message at 22:12 on Sep 8, 2008

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Frost makes a face, then frowns and shakes her head. "That was rather sudden of you. I would have advised against sharing yourself like that." She sighs. "My sisters, they would be. A familial talent, not a species. This world heals itself, with time; at present, there are too many infections, and they are winning." She lifts her shoulders in a stiff shrug. Oh. One of Daddy's girls, huh? No wonder the Old Father's bent out of shape. She must be disobedient. Then again, he slept around with anything and everything, so that kennel of offspring is quite a varied list. "Jormungander? That would make sense, if it is loose. It will not so easily be detained again."

Sam watches over the barricade with a pair of binoculars. "I heard a lot of gunfire, and a loving crash!" she shouts back, climbing down.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Rick

Rick drops his wrench at the news. "A crash?! Someone get Hobbs on the radio, now! Evan, do we have any other drivable vehicles? I don't think we can go en masse, but we've got to go after them."

Empathy

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Alex

Alex gropes for her radio at the sound of Daniels' voice, and finds it in her pocket.
Great I probably have a radio shaped bruise now. She whispers into it urgently.

"Daniel? We crashed, this..this...thing nearly took off my arm. Its' head was all swollen and red and it had these mushroom looking things where the eyes should be."

She looks over to the car then to Hobbs

"I think the car is wrecked, should we hide and wait for rescue or try and sneak back to the base? At any rate we need to get the hell away from here, any sound probably alerted everything in town."

Looking at her arm, Alex tries to rig a sling for it while keeping alert for any approaching threat.

First Aid- 13, Perception-15

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Hobbs

"We hide and avoid them." Hobbs replies. "poo poo."

Hobbs picks up his radio and calls back to the others.

"We've been in an accident. Not sure if the truck can move. Don't come after us. Keep getting ready and leave as soon as you can. We'll make contact later."

Hobbs puts the radio back on his belt and walks over to the wreck. He reaches in and grabs his backpack.

"They have their own problems. Rescuing us isn't going to be one of them. We need to get out of town or find some place safe. Later on we can try to meet up with them."

Hobbs puts his back pack on and grabs his rifle.

"Ready?'

code:
Per 14
Vision 15
Hearing 15
Hiking HT/A - HT-1 11
Observation 13
Stealth DX/A - DX-1 11
Urban Survival 13

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Alex

Alex nods.

"Right, we don't want anyone else to get hurt."

She pulls her pistol out and follows suit in digging her gear out of the wreck.

"Lets get the hell out of here."

code:
Perception- 15
Observation- 15
Hiking- 11
Stealth- 13
Pistols- 12

Zenaida
Nov 13, 2004
Evan Douglas

"I think all we have is the bikes, which are less than ideal for getting through a crowd of infected."

Hobbs' voice comes in in over the radio.

"Roger that, Hobbs. Keep in touch. Let us know if you can't get the truck rolling and we'll come pick you up as soon as we can."

Centurion
Sep 28, 2005
Daniel

"gently caress that, if they're in trouble, we need to go get them. I'd be alone, and likely dead if not for Alex, so I owe that much to her."

Picking up his radio, Daniel calls Alex. "Alex, how badly are you and Hobbs injured? How much longer can you evade the infected for?"

Turning back to Evan and the others, Daniel replies: "We can use the truck Alex and I rode in on. It's in OK condition, we just need to siphon some gas in. We can meet them half way at the least."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Alex

Pulling the radio close Alex speaks in a low tone again.

"To risky, don't come out. We'll radio you once we reach a safe spot."

She then turns down the radio and heads out with Hobbs.

Stubborn (-5)

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Rick

Hearing Hobbs' reply gives Rick hope, but it wasn't quite the answer he had hoped for. Either way, he had a hell of a lot of respect for a man that saved his life. With his marksmanship and Alex's survival skills, he was sure they could survive for quite some time. He did on his own, after all. Either way, they needed an extraction point. Temporarily halting work on the bus, he grabs his radio. "Hobbs, where do you want an extraction? Are you familiar enough with the city to navigate?"

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Jennifer

She frowns as the voice in her head makes assumptions she can't quite follow. Disobedient sister? Old Father? A bit from public television, an opera, springs to mind. Why do I feel like I'm in some Wagner piece all of a sudden. She nods at Frost, sighing. "Yeah well, nothing else has been a walk in the park, why should that be any different. That's the whole point; they're winning. We need allies wherever we can get them. I found one and took a chance, same as I did with you. So far I'm not dead or insane or infected, so go team me. If we could find your sisters, stop this Jormungander, or close a gateway, which would you do first? Which is most likely attainable at our current state?" Our current state being half-dead. At least with Frost water won't be an issue and we currently have food. We just need to find someplace safe and--

The radio from Hobbs and Alex dashes that line of thought to pieces. She curses and heads for the garage, Frost in tow. "Can I help at all with repairs or...? I can do some things with cars busses... well, same parts but bigger, right?" She offers a wan smile. At this point getting mobile and getting the hell out of here was probably their best bet. Maybe they could find another farmhouse like the one --

Wait. The farmhouse had clean water. Maybe that wasn't a coincidence. Maybe they'd overlooked a Sister hiding there. She turns to Frost.

"Would you be able to find one of your own? Like some kind of gaydar for valkyries or something? What if you used the compass? We found a place with clean water before we got here..." She lets Frost finish the train of thought, watching her closely.

I've got mechanic automobile 12 and observation 14/psych 12/detect lies 13 for Frost's reaction

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Hobbs

Moving along, Hobbs picks up the radio and tells the others,

"Alex and I are going to get to the outskirts of the city. Find someplace we could hide. When we figure out some place safe, we'll let you know. And whatever you do, make sure no one comes running out to save us. The clowns are out in front and we saw some other kind of monster too. Something with a bloody red head. Fucker was tougher then the usual infected. Jumped up and blocked our view. We killed it, but it caused us to crash."

Hobbs kept moving.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Frost frowns. “My sisters are not apt to share my sentiments towards humans.” Sibling rivalry. “You’d need to actually get to a gateway in the first place in order to affect anything, and if you’re after the Jormungander you need significantly more firepower.” Again she sighs. Finding a gateway’s easy enough, it’s just dangerous lady. I feel one; mountains a ways off from here, underground probably. Frost straightens at the radioed distress, and follows. Listening to Jennifer’s idea, she stiffens visibly, glancing to the large raven still observing Jennifer. She frowns at her. “It doesn’t work that way.” She’s lying.

Alex and Hobbs recover their things from the truck, and Alex nearly has a heart attack when a bloody protrusion snakes down from the roof of the truck, dripping spinal fluid before it hangs limply. Outside the MacDonalds, the two can hear the slow steady tinking sound of metal—followed by two honks of a novelty horn. Beyond the wreckage, there are several dozen infected starting to climb into the gap the truck created, slow and careful—they don’t seem, yet, to know where Alex and Hobbs are. There is a back door through the kitchen, and a side door out through the lobby.

It bears repeating that Alex’s arm has been ripped from the socket. It is effectively crippled currently. Alex has had small failures on several fright checks consecutively now.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Jennifer

"You can feel one?" Jennifer is surprised enough by the revelation she says it aloud instead of internally, mind racing. If the train underground, which led to the mountains, actually took them to a gateway... A gateway they may be able to close. Possibly the first, as it likely leads to some military installation and if Puck was telling the truth, it was the military that was responsible for opening one up in the first place...

The possibilities were suddenly both game-changing and terrifying. The way in was guarded by those little paralytic things and the doppelgangers. And the lights were currently out thanks to the whistle. But the train was still running. They could conceivably get there.

And they did have an awful lot more firepower now, after the trip to the Vulture's headquarters. They just needed a little more time. If only they had access to some actual medical supplies and--

Wait. Puck, if I heal someone in a dream, like I did to you, would that heal them in this world, or speed things up or... anything like that? Would it help? Would it be possible?

She glances at the raven as Frost stiffens, realizing belatedly the valkyrie crack was probably not in Frost's best interests. The birds wouldn't be able to follow them down below. And if they were spies for the one-eyed god that was probably for the best, as he didn't seem to think they could, or maybe should, start closing gateways. Frost was lying about the compass, but probably not about the willingness of her sisters to help. Hell, remembering her Wagner the other sisters were terrified of the Old Father and would probably turn her in for brownie points with the old man rather than help.

She pulls out the compass and looks at it, concentrating. Show me the direction of the nearest gateway. Rotate once for each mile away it is.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
You can do a lot by making that suit a part of you. It will probably take a lot out of you, but between the both of us, yes, you would be able to knit wounds and mend bones at your fingertips. That’s asking a lot of me already; even I get worn out doing that sort of thing. Jennifer begins to lose count from the compass’ rotations, though it points southeast, towards the Appalachians. It hits sixty miles and keeps going, so long as she seems apt to wait and watch. Frost watches Jennifer and the compass, brow furrowed. “Can feel one what? What are you doing?”

Sam returns from the barricade and slings her injured leg over the back of her cycle, pulling on her helmet and working at the strap. “I’m going out to loving help them.” She pauses and spits onto the concrete, continuing to prep with a heavy riding jacket on and gloves.

Centurion
Sep 28, 2005
Daniel

"I'm with..uh..biker lady over here. But lets get some fuel in Alex's truck; we can't take four people on your motorcycle, and your leg doesn't look too good."

Daniel goes to check the fuel gauge in the truck, and checks to make sure his pistol is loaded.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Rick

Sam's brash actions cause Rick to drop what he's doing and sprint over to her. He understands her frustration at doing nothing, but in the day since he arrived every time somene went off alone, someone came back in pieces. He places the hand of his injured arm on her shoulder. "Sam, this is a bad idea. You saw what happened with all of us together against those fuckers, and you think you're going to be able to go out there, alone, with a bum leg, and take on both the clowns, the infected, AND some new freak out there that causes car crashes?! This is insane! We've lost enough people, and we need to trust in Hobbs and Alex that they know what they're doing. We'd be better off barricaded in the bus than trying to haul three people on a loving motorcycle. You know that, I know that, and if you want to get pissed at me for suggesting that you're too hurt to go out there, then get as angry as you want."

His face is clearly at the point of near panic at the thought of losing another survivor. His voice grows soft, but seems to carry over the shuffle of gear and mechanics. "We can't afford to lose another. We need you if we're going to make things right. Don't do this alone, Sam." She sure as hell doesn't want it right now, but you've got to protect her. Hobbs can take care of himself, and it would be better to bring the cavalry than one limping berzerker.

Empathy
Honest Face
Code of Honor (Chivalry)
Diplomacy 13

Rhyos fucked around with this message at 15:40 on Sep 9, 2008

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Jennifer

"Learning how this thing works," she tells Frost absently, watching the rotations. At sixty miles she sighs. That's one long-rear end train trip, and no guarantee of entry once they get there if they go overland. Which would be safer, she wonders. By the train downstairs, which hopefully once moving would be relatively quicker and less noticable, or overland. As much as she hates the whole idea, underground seems to be the most direct route. How would we go about doing it? How fast can we get it done? How long would it take me to recover once done? Can Frost just up and heal like that? Is she attuned to it already? Can she help? She barrages Puck with questions then looks up suddenly as Sam prepares to take off.

"Wait, wait wait Sam wait. You need to take the compass to find them and the watch for protection. Rick, what'd you do with the watch? Give it to her. We need to get them back here. I think we need to take that god-damned train to the military base. There's a gateway there, and if we can close it, we might just start to have a chance of winning this world back. Its very risky but hell, so's every minute we're still alive here. I agree she shouldn't go alone, but the bus isn't ready for anything and they need help now. Daniel's right. Take their truck."

She quickly explains to Sam what she's figured out about the workings of the compass thus far.

Oracle fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Sep 9, 2008

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
The more you make a skin of the suit, the more directly you’ll be able to influence it as a conduit for the both of us. The suit is a skin, just not one you’d expect. There is a pause, and a faint muggy warmth in the back of Jennifer’s mind. You’re probably reluctant to take it all the way, but accomplishing in the waking world a union as you have in dreaming, and you could expect similar results with your touch; that will make it your skin—but without it, you’re going to need to sleep between bouts of ‘miracle working’. As for her, I doubt she is as attuned as myself; she may be able to mimic you; I’d count on her reluctance to expend herself for it, friendly or not. There have always been ways for individuals to become more than human—but few are so lucky as you to have a guide with little interest in indentured servitude in exchange.

“Who said anyfuckingthing about passengers?” Sam revs her bike, ready to bolt heedless of anyone’s say, but pauses for Jennifer, looking angry and frustrated. Sam handles the compass, looking at it incredulous. “Truck’s a piece of loving poo poo, too big, too slow, and I have been dealing with the infected on my loving bike for a year.” Now there’s a firebrand with a lot of baggage.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Jennifer

"These aren't infected though. These are redheads. Kill them with a headshot. Scott said he read it in one of those emails he found at the tent the first night, told me in the lab when we found x-rays," she tells Sam anxiously. "They're... nastier. Faster. Smarter. More dangerous. Probably more infectious. The redcaps are loving nasty. Decapitation is the only way you're going to kill them. Take the watch. We don't know how badly Hobbs and Alex are hurt, if they can even make it back or how far they got. We'll need transportation for them and they'll need you to lead them there." She looks at the woman soberly. "We need you alive, Sam. You got nothing to prove. We know you're a badass. Scott knew, too. Its not your fault. Don't go rushing out of here half-cocked."

Psychology 12, Diplomacy 12

Oracle fucked around with this message at 16:34 on Sep 9, 2008

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Rick

Rick nods at Jennifer's request and runs over to Brandon. His resting form gives him a moment's pause. It's about drat time he rested. Taking the watch from his pocket, Rick looks Brandon over to see if anything has changed in him.

Rhyos fucked around with this message at 16:23 on Sep 9, 2008

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Samantha stares at Jennifer, trembling. She sniffs, then wipes briskly at her eyes with the back of a hand. “I’ll take the loving truck.” She says quietly, taking the key from her bike and stepping back off. Sam looks at the compass again for a long moment through watery eyes, and then glances to the return of the watch, red-faced and sullen. Wayne works a gas can with the pickup, and when Sam makes it over he steps nearer to mutter something quietly, extending a hand. Sam hits his shoulder with a balled up fist, blurting out a fit of laughter before sniffing loudly again. “gently caress you Wayne.” She climbs into the truck and cranks it.

In his slumber, Brandon can feel fleeting sensations, the voices coming and going, though subdued at present. He feels as though he is wafting in the water on his back, clean and cool. Brief stay, this one. the voices croon. Souvenirs from the woman. Power for us. Power for this one. Slowly, we can take more. Harvest the cattle.

Brandon is sleeping soundly, but appeared more rested. What’s more, he appeared…somewhat better, more vibrant. Brandon has regained 2 FP and 4 HP.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Jennifer

She sighs in relief as Sam agrees to see reason, watching her and Wayne interact as she returns her racing thoughts once more to the tag-along inside her head.

More than human? The whole point of this little exercise is to get this world back for the humans. I don't want to become something I'm not. Sleep isn't all that high a price to pay. How far can I go with this attunement crap before I can't turn back? I like my skin the way it is and this suit removable, thanks.

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
It’s a very noticeable and conscious decision, so you needn’t worry about it occurring inadvertently. You could make up some of the gap if you relieved that woman of some of her own ability. In the meantime, Wayne returns back to the group, looking into the motor pool garage a ways away and shaking his head. “If we’re going underground, are we wasting our time in the shop?” He nods towards the reworking of the bus. “I’ve got to believe there’s stations along the way for that tram system, otherwise it would be too vulnerable to a natural disaster cutting off the whole thing.”

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Rick

Rick feels a bit relieved both as Brandon seems to be in better shape and as Sam accepts the watch. Her reaction worries him, though. He jogs over to the truck as she cranks it and places a hand on it. "Hold up for just one moment, Sam." poo poo, why not? Nobody else seems to have done it.

The sounds of work and bustle in the garage seem to die down as he keeps his hand on the truck, closes his eyes, and says a prayer out loud. "Big Guy, if you're still around - hell, if you even care any more - please grant us your strength. Give us the will to persevere. Give Sam here the fortitude to see through the horrors we face and find our friends. May you grant them the speed to make it back safely. There aren't many of us left, so may our voices be heard loud and clear. May we stand. May we fight. May we find the light we were meant to find. Let this first step in our new direction be sound. Bless us all, if you can still find it within you." He slaps the side of the truck. "Ride strong, Sam! Aim true! Bring 'em back!"

Penetrating Voice
Diplomacy 13 vs. GOD

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Jennifer

Stop it Jennifer thinks firmly at the entity in her head. Noone's harvesting any powers from anybody. Besides, if I was willing to do that to someone who's saved my life repeatedly and been extremely helpful to us, why wouldn't I do it to you when it was expedient? You don't want me going down that road.

"Nothing's been decided yet, Wayne, but... well, we don't know what we're going to find at the other end, and we may well need to come back afterwards. It'd be nice to have a working vehicle to come back to." Assuming we make it back at all.

She watches Rick's invocation with more than a hint of skepticism. Alright, how do I attune this thing on this side, without making it actually physically part of me? Looks like we're going to have a little bit of time while they go get Hobbs and Alex.

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Alex

Alex tries to ignore the terror rising in ther throat. It was a familiar broken glass feeling that was becoming fairly common. Was that spine still alive? Was that stupid horn the clown people? Didn't help that her arm was still throbbing and hanging uselessly at her side. She wouldn't be much use in any kind of fight if it came to that, and it probably would. Gesturing to Hobbs then to the back door Alex clutches her pistol and waits to follow Hobbs out. Saying a silent prayer, Alex keeps an eye on the infected as they cautiously try to leave. God, if I make it out of this, Ill be a better person, I swear...

Centurion
Sep 28, 2005
Daniel

Daniel checks to make sure there's room in the bed of the truck for passengers, while waiting for Rick to finish his prayer. "Hold up Sam, I'm riding shotgun." Can't leave a friend behind.

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Hobbs

"Yeah, sounds like the clowns. Probably working with the infected and those red head things. Too bad we don't have any bibles, clowns keep away from religious stuff."

Hobbs moves up to the door. He begins to open up the door and notices Alex's arm hanging down, limp and lifeless. He silently cursed himself for bringing her along.

Hobbs open up the door and brought his rifle up.

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Jennifer

She curses her sleep-deprived state and calls out to Daniel and Sam, "Hey! Grab one of the religious books! The clowns can't stand passages from religious texts apparently. Remember: decapitation is the only thing that'll kill the clowns, bullets don't do poo poo. Don't let them touch you. Headshots only for the redheads."

GaistHeidegger
May 20, 2001

"Can you see?"
Hobbs pushes cautiously out the back door of the kitchen, the rear employee lot neighboring a defunct air conditioning unit. The two of them step out not far off from the back of the drive through menu, its housing heavily rusted along with most of the other external structure here. There is a ten speed bike—or at least the rusted shape of one—propped against the back of the building’s dumpster. Alex can hear the clamor of a crowd out front of the building, a clatter inside as one of the infected knocks over a napkin dispenser and immediately begins to scream at it that she didn’t order coffee.

From the looks of it, there is a lot of open ground from here to the next building ahead—a parking structure next door to a vintage clothing store and a barber shop. In the distance ice cream truck music can be heard moving in a slow circle around the vicinity. Off down the street Alex sees a figure standing on the roof of a restaurant.

Sam waits as Rick goes through his talk, and then sighs as Daniel climbs aboard in the back. Wayne draws the barricade back, and out the truck goes, pulling off down the street towards where the crash had been heard; he makes his way back over to the garage and Evan, squinting into the motor pool. “If we do go by train, anything worth taking with us?” Jennifer can feel Frost’s eyes on her for a time. Do you have any opium? It’s that, or you need to really find some concentration and meditation; conceptualize yourself as an extension of your dreams. Rick’s eyes must be playing tricks on him, because for a moment he sees a man whispering in Jennifer’s ear, before nothing is there just as quickly. Lingering his gaze on a particular individual long enough and a faint colored glow seems to develop around them—an aura, almost.

Rhyos
Jan 2, 2006
It's probably my fault.
Rick

Rick chuckles to himself. Ask and ye shall receive, eh? Wait- what the gently caress?! Colors? Discreetly, he scratches at his arm, inspecting the wound, but trying moreso to focus on the aura surrounding himself. What do these rotten eyes see?

Oracle
Oct 9, 2004

Jennifer

Jennifer smirks at the opium comment. The Vultures took all the good drugs, sorry. I wouldn't waste it on this anyway, more handy for surgery. She nods to Wayne. "As much food, weapons and ammo as we can carry, stuff we got from the Vultures. Pack the rest of it in the bus and lock it in the motor pool all ready for a quick getaway assuming we make it back in time."

You know what was in the safe back at the Vulture house? There was a cat there. Become one with the universe, huh. I guess I can try that, I did yoga. Once or twice.

She gets on the radio and calls to Hobbs and Alex. "Guys, Sam and Daniel are coming to get you. Recent development, we need you back here. Hang tight. Radio in any landmarks or anything so they can find you easier."

NoControl
Aug 6, 2004
Genetic Runaround
Alex

Alex froze and crouched close to the ground as they hit the outside. This would take some dumb luck to pull off between the infected behind them, and the circling clowns. Glancing around, it looked like there was another potential problem as well. Whispering to Hobbs in a barely audible voice, Alex gazed at the strange figure and tried to determine if it was a real person or another thing.

"Looks like we have more company. We need to get to cover fast. Our choices are limited, take your pick."

Concentrating on the noise of the ice-cream truck, she tried to pick up which direction it was traveling in.

Observation- 15, Perception- 15

Centurion
Sep 28, 2005
Daniel

Well that's it then. You and a grief stricken biker, versus zombies, cannibal clowns, and worse. What did Alex say? Shoot 'em in the head, it's the only way to be sure? Sounds like a plan.

"Sam, we just need to swing in, get them, and get the hell out of dodge. Let's try not to need another group to rescue us."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DocBubonic
Mar 11, 2003

Hobbs

Hobbs hears what Jennifer says and mutters, "loving hell,"

Picking up the radio he tells Jennifer, "Stop them if you can. We're fine. We can move and neither of us are hurt bad."

He then turns to Alex and then follows where she's pointing.

"We need to find a place to hide. You up for running? We should just run over to the next closest building see about putting something between us and everything else."

code:
Per 14 
Vision 15 
Hearing 15 
Hiking 11 
Observation 13 
Stealth 11 
Urban Survival 13