Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Cure for Optimism posted:

Nice Mjolnir necklace you filthy heathen. ;)

I've had it for years, it was the first chance I've had to wear it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Openknees
Feb 25, 2007
God drat, my copy of Pyha's Haunted House finally arrived in Iraq. :)

Openknees fucked around with this message at 06:43 on Nov 6, 2008

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

You live in Iraq? Wow. This may not be the place for it, but what's THAT like?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I was introduced to Dead Christ Cult from some Anti-Homosexual compilation, and I have to say I'm really digging their sound. Of course because they are from Ukraine and were on the compilation, I'm fairly certain they are nazis, but who in Ukraine isn't?

Anyways, it's a pretty abrasive sound with variations between songs. They never really get too monotonous, and they recently re-released an earlier recording, "Stigma."

I recommend at least checking out the song "Иуда. Один из двенадцати", which means "Judas. One of Twelve" off that Stigma album.

Here is the song (from their official site): http://dcchorde.ho.ua/downloads/04.mp3

Here is their site: http://dcchorde.ho.ua/

Openknees
Feb 25, 2007

Morbid Florist posted:

You live in Iraq? Wow. This may not be the place for it, but what's THAT like?

No dude I'm a US soldier, lol.

deltawing
Sep 20, 2007

feels good man

PARIAH CAREY posted:

No dude I'm a US soldier, lol.

Where you stationed in Iraq?

I was in Fallujah.

On topic, Vladimir from Mirrorthrone and various other projects is an absolute genius.

deathmike
May 10, 2005

Did you know that cigarette lighters were invented before matches?
I'm looking for bands that sound like Nachtmystium. Especially their pyschadelic yet bluesy approach to Black Metal

Openknees
Feb 25, 2007

deltawing posted:

I was in Fallujah.

On topic, Vladimir from Mirrorthrone and various other projects is an absolute genius.

I'm up in Tikrit.

Noktorn
May 30, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I was introduced to Dead Christ Cult from some Anti-Homosexual compilation

Smashing Rainbows?

I Brake For MILFs
Jan 9, 2007

:syoon:

Are there any black metal bands like Wolves in the Throne Room that don't come with that particular brand of hipster-pretentious faggotry?

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

lordblytzkrieg posted:

Are there any black metal bands like Wolves in the Throne Room that don't come with that particular brand of hipster-pretentious faggotry?
Can you ask this in the form of a question that doesn't make me crack up at how ridiculous and angsty it sounds?

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

Hrm.

Well, it appears that Peter Beste's photo book, True Norwegian Black Metal, is now out of print at Amazon. I ordered a copy last month at Barnes and Noble (truly the most :black101: chain bookstore out there), and I will hopefully be getting it in the next week or so. Now, B&N are showing it as Out of Print on their website; I hope I still get my copy. I did see it still listed as 'Available' through Borders.

Just a heads up, in case anyone else out there was interested in picking this up.

Qu Appelle fucked around with this message at 08:55 on Nov 8, 2008

Openknees
Feb 25, 2007

Qu Appelle posted:

Hrm.

Well, it appears that Peter Beste's photo book, True Norwegian Black Metal, is now out of print at Amazon. I ordered a copy last month at Barnes and Noble (truly the most :black101: chain bookstore out there), and I will hopefully be getting it in the next week or so. Now, B&N are showing it as Out of Print on their website; I hope I still get my copy. I did see it still listed as 'Available' through Borders.

Just a heads up, in case anyone else out there was interested in picking this up.

Good luck getting it man, it is a loving awesome book.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

"If a COVID-19 pandemic occurs, public health officials may have additional instructions, such as avoiding close contact with others as much as possible, and staying home if someone in your household is sick." - Official insights from Public Health: Seattle & King County staff

PARIAH CAREY posted:

Good luck getting it man, it is a loving awesome book.

I think I'll get it, because when I did order it, it was in stock. I ordered it a few weeks ago on a whim/UNDER THE COMMAND OF THE INFERNAL GOAT LORD.

the wizards beard
Apr 15, 2007
Reppin

4 LIFE 4 REAL
Up to $192 already on Amazon, good to see the BM hoard n' fleece mob are still doing well.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

the wizards beard posted:

Up to $192 already on Amazon, good to see the BM hoard n' fleece mob are still doing well.

And they're going to get rightfully screwed in a little bit; I looked at Peter Beste's MySpace, and there's a 2nd Edition of the book being printed as we speak! :dance:

You can order it directly from there, as well.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

lordblytzkrieg posted:

Um, Weakling?

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Noktorn posted:

Smashing Rainbows?

That one. The Dead Christ Cult track made me go grab two of their albums.

Noktorn
May 30, 2008
Hah, I'm friends with the singer from Raw Hatred who're on there.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Noktorn posted:

Hah, I'm friends with the singer from Raw Hatred who're on there.

Isn't it New Hatred? That's like my second favorite song on that comp. It's the one with gunshots in it, right?

Death Rotisserie
Sep 9, 2006

I am, how you say, Russian Guyovich

lordblytzkrieg posted:

Krallice.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Death Rotisserie posted:

Krallice.

Just curious, what does "hipster faggotry" consist of in a black metal context anyway? Does that just mean that Pitchfork likes them or what? (honest question)

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

krustster posted:

Just curious, what does "hipster faggotry" consist of in a black metal context anyway? Does that just mean that Pitchfork likes them or what? (honest question)
I think that's a label given when people who like post-rock pick up a black metal album and also like it.

Razor
May 9, 2004

Like a dark night in autumn

deltawing posted:

I was in Fallujah.

I was in Kirkuk.

Qu Appelle posted:

Hrm.

Well, it appears that Peter Beste's photo book, True Norwegian Black Metal, is now out of print at Amazon.

Well, poo poo: I didn't even realize it'd gone on sale. gently caress this rock I've apparently been living under.

Oh, and Den Saakaldte has some pretty decent poo poo up on their MySpace: it's one of Kvarforth's multiple bands.

Noktorn
May 30, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Isn't it New Hatred? That's like my second favorite song on that comp. It's the one with gunshots in it, right?

Nah, Raw Hatred. It's the ninth song, 'Decimation Of Faggots'. I haven't heard that track in particular, but I have several of their other releases which are great if you're into ultra-raw, nasty black/thrash.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

Noktorn posted:

Nah, Raw Hatred. It's the ninth song, 'Decimation Of Faggots'. I haven't heard that track in particular, but I have several of their other releases which are great if you're into ultra-raw, nasty black/thrash.

That's the song. It's really good for exactly what you said, ultra-raw nasty black/thrash.

krustster
Mar 26, 2007

But I hope you leave enough room for my fist, because I'm going to ram it into your stomach!!!

Noktorn posted:

That's certainly one of the best/most ridiculous song titles I've heard of, along with Cob's "Triple Corpse Hammerblow" and Death Breath's "Giving Head to the Dead".

Edit, I almost forgot about "Dancing With My Son's Corpse" by Carnivore Diprosopus.

Noktorn
May 30, 2008

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

That's the song. It's really good for exactly what you said, ultra-raw nasty black/thrash.

Their Hung Again Like A Bitch album is probably their best; Total Devastation is pretty cool but not as consistent and Southern Hell Rehearsal is just an oddity with super raw production. I've got all of them in the distro but Hung is probably the only really mandatory one.

Death Rotisserie
Sep 9, 2006

I am, how you say, Russian Guyovich

krustster posted:

Purists will poo poo on black metal that has any modicum of non-BM influence like post-rock or shoegaze. If it's slight, they won't notice but once you attach a band with an elitist attitude and a douchebag, remotely hipster ideology (like WitTR, and pretty much every single orthodox BM band ever; there's little difference, ironically), the music becomes hipster. That and if hipsters like it.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

Death Rotisserie posted:

Purists will poo poo on black metal that has any modicum of non-BM influence like post-rock or shoegaze.

As well they should :colbert:

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Morbid Florist posted:

As well they should :colbert:

wrong, Amesoeurs rule

Dyna Soar
Nov 30, 2006

cryme posted:

wrong, Amesoeurs rule

Hipster :gay:

DB_Cooper
Nov 14, 2006
Dude, moving forward and innovating in metal is like totally gay. All black metal should sound like A Blaze In The Northern and Nattens Madringal. If you like keep on making me think with new music ill like declare black metal dead. [/herrr]

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Soiled Meat

DB_Cooper posted:

Dude, moving forward and innovating in metal is like totally gay. All black metal should sound like A Blaze In The Northern and Nattens Madringal. If you like keep on making me think with new music ill like declare black metal dead. [/herrr]

I have to ask man. What's with the auto-bannings?

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Dyna Soar posted:

Hipster :gay:

that's me

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

cryme posted:

wrong, Amesoeurs rule

Black metal isn't supposed to put you to sleep.

cryme
Apr 9, 2004

by zen death robot

Morbid Florist posted:

Black metal isn't supposed to put you to sleep.

Dunno what you're listening to. It's certainly more upbeat then some Burzum.

Qu Appelle
Nov 3, 2005

cryme posted:

:nyd:

As for sleep, my old cat loved it when I'd play Masonna or Merzbow - she'd come in and curl up on her favorite pillow and nap away to the sounds of chainsaws and shrieking. :3:

DB_Cooper
Nov 14, 2006

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I have to ask man. What's with the auto-bannings?

I think its the result of forgetting to take crazy pills or im slowly laundering money through SA.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

cryme posted:

http://www.myspace.com/amesoeurs

Your second point stands but a fair amount of burzum sucks for the same reasons.