Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yawgatog
Jul 6, 2002
b0x0rz r0x0r

Residual Toast posted:

Hey, I'm not sure if I want to fullout join the Protected, but could I get a whitelist, so I can chill in your clanchat sometimes? Username LLamaman58(#101053).

Nobody chats in clan chat anyway. You're better off idling on IRC.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Midniter
Jul 9, 2001

Finally finished my 6th Bad Moon run, cranking out 5 in a row after I did my DB one a while back. It's weird, being back in "vanilla" Hardcore. Definitely going to take some readjusting. I may go back one day for a second SC run for another Bludgeon, but only time will tell on that one.

The saddest part?

My fastest run out of all of them was 25 days.

That was my 100% Black Cat run.

I must really just suck at this game.

Oh, and the new Sticker tome is awesome.

Frankenfuhrer
Sep 11, 2003

pineal glans
Skwump, my lvl 5 Penguin Frightener just applied to the clan.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

My knife, you see... is coated in poison.

The Midniter posted:

Finally finished my 6th Bad Moon run, cranking out 5 in a row after I did my DB one a while back. It's weird, being back in "vanilla" Hardcore. Definitely going to take some readjusting. I may go back one day for a second SC run for another Bludgeon, but only time will tell on that one.

The saddest part?

My fastest run out of all of them was 25 days.

That was my 100% Black Cat run.

I must really just suck at this game.

Oh, and the new Sticker tome is awesome.

At least you had the option of the black cat for your sixth run, the black cat came out like two runs after I finished my loop, so I had to do a leadin HC suck run just to do it again.

FXer
Jul 13, 2004

On a mountain of skulls, in the castle of pain, I sat on a throne of blood!
applied as fxer, looking to be gently caressed

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

It's been about ten pages since I posted one of these, so I thought I should go find another:

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

Sputnik posted:

It's been about ten pages since I posted one of these, so I thought I should go find another:

As someone who got ambushed and beaten by one of those assholes without the chance to fight back last year, let me be the first to say t:mad:

Dr. Video Games 0097
Jan 13, 2006

Drop bombs on ya~

Sputnik posted:

I hate you, Sput.

Sputnik
Jul 21, 2003

I felt like a ninja, and my kung-fu was strong.

BlueArmyMan posted:

As someone who got ambushed and beaten by one of those assholes without the chance to fight back last year, let me be the first to say t:mad:

To be fair, a consolation ribbon is probably more prestigious than a CBS.

poik007
Aug 16, 2006
Thinks Mother 3 is the best game ever
Lucky you!

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Sputnik posted:

God damnit Sput. I'm pretty sure you're taking all of the ultra-rares and leaving none for the rest of the clan.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

Sputnik posted:

SPUTNIK :argh:

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!
What the gently caress man?

poik007
Aug 16, 2006
The CBS isn't that good anyway ;D

ReV VAdAUL
Oct 3, 2004

I'm WILD about
WILDMAN
My level 3 seal clubber has applied to join (its also called ReV VAdAUL)

Terawatt
Jun 6, 2004

Centre '05!
COCK
-a-doodle-
HEIL!
Terawatt, level 10 Accordion Thief just applied.

Ambiguous Casey
Jan 2, 2007
My Sauceror, drupe, just applied

Jack Van Burace
Jun 4, 2003

Well, I messaged a mod ingame but might as well post here too. Requesting active status for Jack van Burace, the character. Getting back into this now.

Chococat
Aug 22, 2000
Forum Veteran

Drupe, you're in. Jack, you're active again.

V You too, Treasure Chest and Timmo

Chococat fucked around with this message at 20:37 on Nov 19, 2008

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

This game is hilarious so far, looking forward to playing more of it. I'm out of Adventures, though. :(

I requested to join the clan as the pastamancer Treasure Chest.

Blue Button
Nov 5, 2008
Sent in request on Timmo. lvl 17 accordion thief :)

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
I've started accounts in this game a couple of times and manage to get distracted...

Is it a bad idea to play the game blind, without the wiki? Or should I just powerplay it because that's more fun somehow?

Also I'll be applying as Grillikki in the near future. Just made the account, can't apply yet. :(

tripwood
Jul 21, 2003

"Cuno can see you're trying to shit him, but Cuno's unshittable, so fuck does Cuno care?"

Hint: He doesn't care.
It's fun to figure things out on your own, but a lot of the effects and skills in the game are reallllly vague about what they do. The wiki's fun to look up stuff, but if you read the quest spoilers too much you can ruin your first playthrough.

Jolly Jumbuck
Mar 14, 2006

Cats like optical fibers.
Applied as Jumbuck, a level 11 Pastamancer

Yawgatog
Jul 6, 2002
b0x0rz r0x0r
It's a great idea to play the game blind. The game allows you to start over regularly, so there's no risk of screwing over your character by doing something wrong. It's very difficult to do something wrong in the first place anyway; at worst, you'd be doing something slowly.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Mo0 posted:

I've started accounts in this game a couple of times and manage to get distracted...

Is it a bad idea to play the game blind, without the wiki? Or should I just powerplay it because that's more fun somehow?

Also I'll be applying as Grillikki in the near future. Just made the account, can't apply yet. :(

I would recommend attempting the game blind at first, but don't outright avoid the wiki. The level 11 quest will probably take forever without spoilers.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

Yawgatog posted:

It's a great idea to play the game blind. The game allows you to start over regularly, so there's no risk of screwing over your character by doing something wrong. It's very difficult to do something wrong in the first place anyway; at worst, you'd be doing something slowly.

Definitely stick with not touching the wiki, really, there's nothing in the game that's both necessary and impossible to figure out. Even the tower bosses have clues to win.

poik007
Aug 16, 2006

Soth posted:

Definitely stick with not touching the wiki, really, there's nothing in the game that's both necessary and impossible to figure out. Even the tower bosses have clues to win.

And by clues you mean "they tell you exactly what you need from where after five fights"

;)

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Oh man I suck. I just got "Toot Oriole". what is wrong with me

m2pt5
May 18, 2005

THAT GOD DAMN MOSQUITO JUST KEEPS COMING BACK

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Oh man I suck. I just got "Toot Oriole". what is wrong with me

I didn't get the pun for about a year after I first started playing, so don't feel bad. It's not like you see him a lot anyway.

Colin Mockery
Jun 24, 2007
Rawr

m2pt5 posted:

I didn't get the pun for about a year after I first started playing, so don't feel bad. It's not like you see him a lot anyway.

I didn't get it until just now, and my very first account was when it was in beta (I don't actually remember seeing the Toot Oriole then, though), and my current account is from 2006.

Davethulhu
Aug 12, 2003

Morbid Hound

Sputnik posted:

gently caress you sputnik

edit: haven't played in almost 2 years, am I right (from glancing at the wiki) that there's guild raids now?

Davethulhu fucked around with this message at 06:45 on Nov 20, 2008

Celery Jello
Mar 21, 2005
Slippery Tilde
Sweet, hit level 3 and now I've actually applied as Grillikki. I look forward to whatever hazing rituals there are.

Vice Zoomler Aestro
Apr 4, 2003
pray the rosary dawgs

Davethulhu posted:

gently caress you sputnik

edit: haven't played in almost 2 years, am I right (from glancing at the wiki) that there's guild raids now?

Holy poo poo it's Dave.thulhu. Has it really been 2 years? That makes me feel like I've wasted my entire life.

Yeah, hobopolis is pretty cool but the enthusiasm is dying down because a lot of the guild is "been there, done that" with it.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Ha ha, wow really? I am superior to you all!
kidding, kidding

That's funny though.

Voodoofly
Jul 3, 2002

Some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help

In as RumpleMcFunk.

Orvin
Sep 9, 2006

Anyone have a short list of good stuff to be aiming for the first couple of times in hobopolis? I figure I will be spending the next week or two before Crimbo down there, and possibly some time after crimbo on the way to level 30. All I have gotten so far is the hobo code binder with my nickles.

Soth
Jul 21, 2004

Orvin posted:

Anyone have a short list of good stuff to be aiming for the first couple of times in hobopolis? I figure I will be spending the next week or two before Crimbo down there, and possibly some time after crimbo on the way to level 30. All I have gotten so far is the hobo code binder with my nickles.
Fill the binder as best you can, it speeds up sewer time (also, it takes about 3 ascensions.). I'd recommend a set of Hodgman gear, and if the run goes fast enough, try to get a whackin' stick or two along with a good hodgman offhand for later farming. Get a Frosty's Arm for the chefstaff you can make with it as well, beyond that, there isn't really much necessary.

poik007
Aug 16, 2006
Yes and a hamster too

:v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DOTA Uninstaller
Jul 13, 2005
Causing indigestion the world over.
Applied as Spicy McMutton.

• Locked thread