Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009

Brackhar posted:

As two questions I've been wondering:

1) What happens if you attack the Maiden in Black in the nexus?

2) Can you defeat the false king before clearing all of the other worlds? If so, how does the ending work out?

You can keep attacking and attacking the maiden, don't worry. If you kill her, she gets back up a minute or so later and responds with "I'm sorry, I cannot die as I am bound to the Nexus" or something.

And not sure about number two. I'll have to try that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JGTheSpy
Jul 31, 2002
Excuse me, but if I could have a moment of your time, I'd like to explain why you're not actually enjoying that game that you're enjoying. You see, I am in fact an expert. At games. I know, it's impressive.

Thievery posted:

I have a question about Magic. I've got a Wanderer at about level 40 or something now I think, and have only cleared 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 3-1 and 4-1. I have enough magic stat (10) to have up to 1 spell, but I have no idea where i'm meant to learn them. I know that the witch teaches you some but according to the wiki she teaches "Higher level" magic, so i'm assuming there's some basic stuff I could pick up somewhere? I've gone without for the whole game so far and it's not too bad but every time I consult the wiki it's always "Use X magic and it's easy" to kill every boss.

Flamelurker keeps raping me :(

He's in the same place as the miracle guy but on the other side of the Nexus.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Gonna eat so many goddamn crumpets.

Thievery posted:

I have a question about Magic. I've got a Wanderer at about level 40 or something now I think, and have only cleared 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, 3-1 and 4-1. I have enough magic stat (10) to have up to 1 spell, but I have no idea where i'm meant to learn them. I know that the witch teaches you some but according to the wiki she teaches "Higher level" magic, so i'm assuming there's some basic stuff I could pick up somewhere? I've gone without for the whole game so far and it's not too bad but every time I consult the wiki it's always "Use X magic and it's easy" to kill every boss.

Flamelurker keeps raping me :(

You have to talk to Sage Freke's apprentice (or Sage Freke, whom you can free if you've beaten 3-1). The apprentice sits sort of behind where the archstone to 5-1 is, in a chamber off the main area of the Nexus. Talk to him to buy a spell (Soul Arrow is a good one for starts), then talk to him again and pick the "Remember magic" menu option to "equip" your spell in your one slot for spells.

Then you'll need to have a Catalyst equipped in order to cast it -- you can find one on top of one of the towers in 1-2.

EDIT: If Flamelurker is giving you trouble you should probably buy the Water Veil spell from the apprentice -- that's pretty handy against flame. Also be wearing the Ring of Flame resistance (found in a few places). Magic (Soul Arrow, for example) is quite effective against Flamelurker, and lets you keep your distance.

Thievery
Jul 15, 2008

What happens in 3rd Street stays in 3rd Street.

McCoy Pauley posted:

You have to talk to Sage Freke's apprentice (or Sage Freke, whom you can free if you've beaten 3-1). The apprentice sits sort of behind where the archstone to 5-1 is, in a chamber off the main area of the Nexus. Talk to him to buy a spell (Soul Arrow is a good one for starts), then talk to him again and pick the "Remember magic" menu option to "equip" your spell in your one slot for spells.

Then you'll need to have a Catalyst equipped in order to cast it -- you can find one on top of one of the towers in 1-2.

EDIT: If Flamelurker is giving you trouble you should probably buy the Water Veil spell from the apprentice -- that's pretty handy against flame. Also be wearing the Ring of Flame resistance (found in a few places). Magic (Soul Arrow, for example) is quite effective against Flamelurker, and lets you keep your distance.

Thanks (and to JGTheSpy), i'll check it out. I remember checking around the Nexus and talking to the three people on the side with the blacksmith and the guy on the opposite side, but none of them let me do anything. I'll try again now as I might have been doing it before I defeated Phalanx. As for Flamelurker i've got two rings of Fire Resistance but i've only been using one as I need my other slot for the Cling ring, I figure it's more effective to have an extra 25% hp than another 50 fire res. He does however deal about 50% damage in one hit, so if he lands an attack that stuns me then gets a claw swipe in it's instant death.

JGTheSpy
Jul 31, 2002
Excuse me, but if I could have a moment of your time, I'd like to explain why you're not actually enjoying that game that you're enjoying. You see, I am in fact an expert. At games. I know, it's impressive.
You might have talked to him before you had 10 in Magic. He'll tell you to gently caress off if you don't have a spell slot. It took me like an hour to realize that.

Nick Biped
May 22, 2004

In the wrong hands, the stapler is a deadly weapon.

Thievery posted:

Thanks (and to JGTheSpy), i'll check it out. I remember checking around the Nexus and talking to the three people on the side with the blacksmith and the guy on the opposite side, but none of them let me do anything. I'll try again now as I might have been doing it before I defeated Phalanx. As for Flamelurker i've got two rings of Fire Resistance but i've only been using one as I need my other slot for the Cling ring, I figure it's more effective to have an extra 25% hp than another 50 fire res. He does however deal about 50% damage in one hit, so if he lands an attack that stuns me then gets a claw swipe in it's instant death.

Like McCoy suggested, Soul Arrow would be a good Magic spell to pick up. I used nothing but that against Flamelurker and actually beat him my first time out. I was also glad I had a nice supply of Fresh Spices and Old Spices, most of which I got from those octopus-head guards in 3-1. That's not to say the fight was a breeze. A few times he took down my Stamina to nothing and got off a strong hit. I made use of Herbs a few times, but you should do okay if you have the Fire Resistance ring, which I didn't.

More generally, I'm enjoying this game even more now that I have a larger choice of weapons and spells. It's still tough, but having more attacking options makes it less frustrating.

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001
Maneater is the first boss that's just pretty much loving me up. Flamelurker took me an almost-annoying number of tries, but eventually I hosed him up with arrows. I just can't seem to make much headway with Maneater-- furthest I ever got before being destroyed was getting the first one down to 1/4 health, even when spamming Total Protection. I wish there was some way to fudge it, like with most of the other bosses.

Maybe I'll go back and try again now that I've got the Rune Sword. It seems like that would do some pretty good damage on him.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

hoodrow trillson posted:

Maneater is the first boss that's just pretty much loving me up. Flamelurker took me an almost-annoying number of tries, but eventually I hosed him up with arrows. I just can't seem to make much headway with Maneater-- furthest I ever got before being destroyed was getting the first one down to 1/4 health, even when spamming Total Protection. I wish there was some way to fudge it, like with most of the other bosses.

Maybe I'll go back and try again now that I've got the Rune Sword. It seems like that would do some pretty good damage on him.

I haven't yet tried this, but the wiki suggests that you can actually stand just outside the fog door to Maneater and hit him with arrows until he's dead (or maybe just almost dead). I haven't yet tried this, but it seems in line with the way most bosses have some way to sort of cheese them with ranged attacks.

I've also seen people recommend showing up for that fight with a spear and using the fountain on the walkway as a barrier between you and Maneater, because the spear can get him even if you're in a position for the fountain to block his attacks. I need to tackle 3-2 tonight, so I figure I'll try one of these two strategies -- I'm not proud.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Okay, so how can I reset my World Tendancy again? It seems I died when doing 3-1 by slipping, I haven't gone back to the Nexus yet fortunately so the change hasn't been set in stone.

I remember something like this happening when I got disconnected then re-connected to the PSN, does that work? Because I desperately need to get Tower of Latria to Pure White so I can finally free Rydell and then later to Full Black so I can kill his Black Phantom.

JGTheSpy
Jul 31, 2002
I don't think there's any shame in cheesing the boss fights. Half the time I start a new area I expect to explore and die and eventually Evacuate but I always find myself standing in front of a boss door with a level's worth of souls and not wanting to run through the whole thing again.

I figure I can beat them the honest way when I make a second character and already know the levels.

plainclothes goth
Jul 15, 2001

McCoy Pauley posted:

I haven't yet tried this, but the wiki suggests that you can actually stand just outside the fog door to Maneater and hit him with arrows until he's dead (or maybe just almost dead). I haven't yet tried this, but it seems in line with the way most bosses have some way to sort of cheese them with ranged attacks.

I've also seen people recommend showing up for that fight with a spear and using the fountain on the walkway as a barrier between you and Maneater, because the spear can get him even if you're in a position for the fountain to block his attacks. I need to tackle 3-2 tonight, so I figure I'll try one of these two strategies -- I'm not proud.

I actually tried that. The arrow thing doesn't work, at least not with my lava bow and standard arrows. He's standing so far away that the first hit only does something like 28 damage and knock him back a little so the next one does about 15, then 9, then zero. Maybe if I had a bow with increased range or something, but the time it would take me to get all the ore for that could probably spent fighting him a dozen times until I finally won.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

hoodrow trillson posted:

I actually tried that. The arrow thing doesn't work, at least not with my lava bow and standard arrows. He's standing so far away that the first hit only does something like 28 damage and knock him back a little so the next one does about 15, then 9, then zero. Maybe if I had a bow with increased range or something, but the time it would take me to get all the ore for that could probably spent fighting him a dozen times until I finally won.

The White Bow has 75 range (compared to 55 for the Lava Bow), so that could be worth a shot, although I'd guess you'd run into the same problem -- each shot knocking him back, and it's not like he's going to approach if you haven't triggered the fog door. Hmmm -- I'm not really looking forward to this boss fight, but I want to kill the 3-3 boss so I can make the Insanity Catalyst.

EDIT: The Wiki also says Death Cloud works on Maneater -- I wonder if that stuns him, or just does damage.

FZeroRacer
Apr 8, 2009
Maneater is a terrible, terrible fight. Fighting two of them at once is a horribly painful experience.

From what i've found however, it's possible to get one of them stuck in the animation right after they land. I think if you wear a thieves ring and try to leave one maneater at the other side of the bridge, he won't detect or come after you.

Otherwise your best bet is to just rush it and take one down as fast as possible and cheese the other one around the torch. I think you might be able to cheese both of them but it might be harder to do.

It's one of the few fights in the game that you really can't do anything to make the fight easier, you just gotta get the pattern down and be extremely careful.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

FZeroRacer posted:

Maneater is a terrible, terrible fight. Fighting two of them at once is a horribly painful experience.

From what i've found however, it's possible to get one of them stuck in the animation right after they land. I think if you wear a thieves ring and try to leave one maneater at the other side of the bridge, he won't detect or come after you.

Otherwise your best bet is to just rush it and take one down as fast as possible and cheese the other one around the torch. I think you might be able to cheese both of them but it might be harder to do.

It's one of the few fights in the game that you really can't do anything to make the fight easier, you just gotta get the pattern down and be extremely careful.

Does one ultimately get access to a decent shortcut by the time you get to this fight. I've got a second character I'm running through the game and for some reason 4-1 is giving me trouble as I try to use Soul Arrow to take out the golden skeletons on that little walkway while stupid manta rays keeping getting locked on instead. It's really pissing me off that there's no decent shortcut to adjudicator in this level. Am I going to have to run through all of 3-2 to get to Maneater each time I tackle him?

Petridish
May 25, 2008

McCoy Pauley posted:

Does one ultimately get access to a decent shortcut by the time you get to this fight. I've got a second character I'm running through the game and for some reason 4-1 is giving me trouble as I try to use Soul Arrow to take out the golden skeletons on that little walkway while stupid manta rays keeping getting locked on instead. It's really pissing me off that there's no decent shortcut to adjudicator in this level. Am I going to have to run through all of 3-2 to get to Maneater each time I tackle him?

There's a "trick" shortcut to get to Adjudicator, but it can only be done when you can roll/run at full speed. So make sure you aren't burdened before attempting it.

When you enter 4-1, and you encounter the two archers shooting from above, theres a tower to the right that you can access by climbing the stairs in the left tower and going across where the two archers are.
At the top of the right tower, you might see a message on the ground, like "Run Here" or something. On one of the ends of the west tower, you should see a part of the wall that is crumbled and is missing some blocks. From the top of the tower, if you roll at top speed toward the broken part, you can actually get on top of it. Once you're there you can fall down to your left and it will take you right next to the area with the adjudicator (and it's a great way to rush the crystal gecko).

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

Petridish posted:

There's a "trick" shortcut to get to Adjudicator, but it can only be done when you can roll/run at full speed. So make sure you aren't burdened before attempting it.

When you enter 4-1, and you encounter the two archers shooting from above, theres a tower to the right that you can access by climbing the stairs in the left tower and going across where the two archers are.
At the top of the right tower, you might see a message on the ground, like "Run Here" or something. On one of the ends of the west tower, you should see a part of the wall that is crumbled and is missing some blocks. From the top of the tower, if you roll at top speed toward the broken part, you can actually get on top of it. Once you're there you can fall down to your left and it will take you right next to the area with the adjudicator (and it's a great way to rush the crystal gecko).

Awesome, thanks -- that's going to save me a lot of trouble tonight. I can't remember what the resolution was of people trying to figure out what full speed was. If I'm under 50% equip weight am I at full speed? Do I need to be under 25% equip weight? My total load doesn't matter as long as I'm not at my limit, right?

Power Walrus
Dec 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
Oh my God, how long does it take playasia to restock this drat game?!?

Oae Ui
Oct 7, 2003

Let's be friends.
For Maneater I'll just reiterate the advice I was given which made it a really, really easy fight. Get a decent sword and go melee. I'm playing a nimble thief type character and was originally using my bow and I died over and over for a good hour or two before giving up. After I got a kilij and upgraded it a few times I went back in there and killed him on my first try.

JGTheSpy
Jul 31, 2002

Seven Hats posted:

Infinity years. Cancel and order from NCSX. It was the best thing I've ever done in my entire life.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

McCoy Pauley posted:

If I'm under 50% equip weight am I at full speed? Do I need to be under 25% equip weight? My total load doesn't matter as long as I'm not at my limit, right?

Not really very exhaustive testing revealed that if there's a difference between 25% and 50% it's too small for me to care about. If you have trouble making the roll there take your shield off and pretend the placebo effect makes you better at pushing buttons; it might help.

And yeah, total load doesn't seem to impact your performance at all.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
So I learned two important things today.

1) Garl Vinland casts full heal and Wrath of God(!?)
2) Being Parried and Riposted by Garl is Not Good(tm)

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006

Seven Hats posted:

Why are you people still waiting on this game from PlayAsia? Seriously, this guy has already been posted twice in this thread (once by me).

wurzle posted:

I bought a copy of this on Ebay from a Korean dude and it arrived via USPS in 96 hours with the "medium" shipping options.

Those of you waiting a month for delivery from an importer may want to check that out instead.

Here is the Ebay link... http://cgi.ebay.com/PS3-Demons-soul...C293:1%7C294:50

I'm sure its cheaper and faster as well - just get it there and it'll ship out in a day.

Zarick
Dec 28, 2004

You can definitely beat Allant before you clear the other worlds. My brother beat Allant before clearing World 5, at the very least. Obviously you have to clear at least one world (I'm not sure if it's 2 or not specifically but that's the easiest anyway) to get to 1-3.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Dear god, I hate whoever designed the drop rate for Pure Bladestone. I've been at this for two hours, sneaking up behind the BP Dual-Katana Black Skeleton in 4-2 trying to get it and the best I've ever done is a single Chunk of Bladestone. Just about every other Pure can be gotten from a Crystal Gecko, Treasure Drop, or Boss Victory but Bladestone? gently caress you, fight this skeleton for 2 hours.

Irony.or.Death
Apr 1, 2009

Okay, a couple of PvP oriented questions. Does anyone know which effects are visible when hide/thief's ring/etc. are concealing you and which aren't? I'm pretty sure the fragrant and regenerator's rings are, but that's all I'm confident on; ring of avarice? Kris knife?

Second, the red eye stone; has anyone dropped one of these marks and had someone activate it, or seen one on the ground before? I got it earlier tonight, dropped a few signs while I was running around, and saw absolutely no action so I'm still not sure what it does. My interpretation from the item description is that it summons whoever activates it to your world as a black phantom, but I'm not sure and I've never seen any on the ground besides the ones I dropped tonight.

Petridish
May 25, 2008

Irony.or.Death posted:

Okay, a couple of PvP oriented questions. Does anyone know which effects are visible when hide/thief's ring/etc. are concealing you and which aren't? I'm pretty sure the fragrant and regenerator's rings are, but that's all I'm confident on; ring of avarice? Kris knife?

Second, the red eye stone; has anyone dropped one of these marks and had someone activate it, or seen one on the ground before? I got it earlier tonight, dropped a few signs while I was running around, and saw absolutely no action so I'm still not sure what it does. My interpretation from the item description is that it summons whoever activates it to your world as a black phantom, but I'm not sure and I've never seen any on the ground besides the ones I dropped tonight.

Oh, is that what those red marks are? I remember starting a New Game+ and when I teleported to 1-1 I saw a couple of them, and it confused the heck out of me. So I clicked it and it gave me a players multiplayer score, and I was than able to summon him as a black phantom, much to my utter shock. So the way I see it, instead of the blue stone where the player can summon you to help him, it allows the player to summon you as a black phantom. Not a bad thing, since it can allow PvP against fellow goons if coordinated well.

Crappy Jack
Nov 21, 2005

We got some serious shit to discuss.

Irony.or.Death posted:

First part; just look at your character. If you see any lines or particle effects coming off of them, they'll be visible no matter how invisible you are. I believe hide stuff makes black smoke come off you, that's fine, but if you see anything else, it will show up. It's a good thing to know, though, because I can't count how many times I'd watch a Phantom try to sneak up on me, but there would literally be a giant blue cloud coming at me. They might as well have been holding a bush in front of themselves and running toward me.

Second part; that's exactly what it does. Just pretend it's a blue stone, except instead of summoning a guy to help you, you're summoning a guy for you to battle to the death. Put on the Star Trek Arena music and you're set.

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006

Petridish posted:

Thanks again for this tip. I skipped all that nonsense in the middle of 4-1 last night and got right to Adjudicator, and now I've got a soul to go with this nice shield I picked up earlier. I'm going to post this tip in the wiki, if you don't mind.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Hindustan Electronics Employee of the Month, July 2008
Grimey Drawer

Policenaut posted:

Dear god, I hate whoever designed the drop rate for Pure Bladestone. I've been at this for two hours, sneaking up behind the BP Dual-Katana Black Skeleton in 4-2 trying to get it and the best I've ever done is a single Chunk of Bladestone. Just about every other Pure can be gotten from a Crystal Gecko, Treasure Drop, or Boss Victory but Bladestone? gently caress you, fight this skeleton for 2 hours.

Yeah, it sucks rear end. At least it's worth a ridiculous amount of souls each run.

Maneater's a lot easier if you just stick on the central platform and use the brazier to your advantage. I died a ton on my first playthrough because I was trying to strafe around and dodge on the long walkways and kept falling off. Circling the brazier and firing from there then dodging back behind it helps.

Then again I was doing that on my second playthrough with Moving Soul Arrow, and three of those killed each Maneater. Still, Soul Light would work fine.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

3-2 is getting annoying. I've broken one of the chains (the one you can reach from the top floor of the heart tower, before the tentacle blocking the path) but can't seem to get anywhere else. All other paths seem to be dead ends and the map isn't helping me much.

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

dis astranagant posted:

3-2 is getting annoying. I've broken one of the chains (the one you can reach from the top floor of the heart tower, before the tentacle blocking the path) but can't seem to get anywhere else. All other paths seem to be dead ends and the map isn't helping me much.

From the first chain tower there's a side path that leads to some platforms that have hanging cages next to them. Step into any one of the cages.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tortolia posted:

From the first chain tower there's a side path that leads to some platforms that have hanging cages next to them. Step into any one of the cages.

Was just about to post that I shouldn't be playing this first thing in the morning and found that. I just let one murderous jackass out of his cage and hopefully won't be this dense for the rest of the area.

e: How much can I stack +souls/kill? I just got the ring of avarice and have had the silver bracelet for ages, but can I equip an other ring for more souls or some other item?

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 17:42 on Apr 10, 2009

McCoy Pauley
Mar 2, 2006
Given the current understanding of how World Tendency changes, what's the best way to preserve my progress towards getting a particular world to be 100% black?

I've got a character currently in human form, and I'm going to have her die so I can get to soul form in order to play co-op with a friend tomorrow. So as not to have to waste an extra ephemeral stone, I'd like to have her die in World 2, so I can get that world to 100% BT and get that primeval demon and take a shot at black phantom Scirvir.

What causes World tendency to reset? Going to Nexus? Quitting my game while in Nexus? What's the best way to preserve the world tendency if I don't have time to get world 2 to 100% black in one session? Or is there no way to do that, because WT always resets when you load up your game again?

EDIT: Speaking of Black Phantom Scirvir, anyone have any tips for cheesing him, since I don't currently have Anti-Magic, and I understand his fireball spell is deadly?

McCoy Pauley fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Apr 10, 2009

Hackan Slash
May 31, 2007
Hit it until it's not a problem anymore

dis astranagant posted:

Was just about to post that I shouldn't be playing this first thing in the morning and found that. I just let one murderous jackass out of his cage and hopefully won't be this dense for the rest of the area.

e: How much can I stack +souls/kill? I just got the ring of avarice and have had the silver bracelet for ages, but can I equip an other ring for more souls or some other item?

For souls, the most you can stack is Silver Bracelet, Ring of Avarice, and the Thirst spell. It practically triples the souls recieved, and can be doubled by Soulsucker. If you farm the 4-2 pure black skeleton, you can get something crazy like 150k souls per run in NG+.

As for beating scriver, I just cheesed him with my bow from the ledge across from his cave. I don't think he tried to do anything but run around occasionally and heal. I reccommend getting the lava bow first though, for that extra bit of stunlock.

Edit: I don't believe you can ever stack two of the same type of item (Averice, thief rings etc)

Tortolia
Dec 29, 2005

Grimey Drawer

dis astranagant posted:

Avarice + Silver Bracelet is about as much is as reasonably doable gearwise. Your other options for increasing souls are shifting the worlds towards black tendency (with corresponding difficulty increase, but if you can get to black/pure black the black phantoms that spawn are worth tons of souls), casting Thirst (100 MP/30 seconds, 3 spell slots), or killing with Soulsucker (100 mp, 3 spell slots).

Just run with Avarice/Silver Bracelet whenever it's not going to cause you to get killed and don't worry too much about farming souls until you're in 4-2 or 4-3.

McCoy Pauley posted:

What causes World tendency to reset? Going to Nexus? Quitting my game while in Nexus? What's the best way to preserve the world tendency if I don't have time to get world 2 to 100% black in one session? Or is there no way to do that, because WT always resets when you load up your game again?

EDIT: Speaking of Black Phantom Scirvir, anyone have any tips for cheesing him, since I don't currently have Anti-Magic, and I understand his fireball spell is deadly?

If you want to take care of the Black Tendency stuff before you go for co-op, just save and quit in World 2 itself, then before you load the game up next time go into your PS3 settings and disable the ethernet - if you're in offline mode the world tendency won't shift when you reload/reenter the Nexus. If you're online the next time you hit the Nexus you'll be back to neutral, so if you're serious about maintaining tendency across sessions you'll have to sacrifice the online functionality for a while (I've been doing this to keep 4-2 at Pure Black to farm the Pure Bladestone).

As for BP Scirvir, the fireballs are about all he can actually do. If you're good at rolling to avoid projectiles then you'll be fine. Other than that your best hope is to try to lure him towards the cliff so he falls off, because he can and will do that.

Evil Con Carne
Nov 30, 2004
Joo go back to burger king where you came from

Just got the game yesterday and it's pretty drat fun, even though I'm getting my rear end handed to me.

Gay Rumsfeld
Nov 12, 2006
So two questions:
1) What IS the deal with all the 'This is harsh. Evaluate me.' notes spread everywhere?
2) How do you place a note/rate an already placed note?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tortolia posted:

Avarice + Silver Bracelet is about as much is as reasonably doable gearwise. Your other options for increasing souls are shifting the worlds towards black tendency (with corresponding difficulty increase, but if you can get to black/pure black the black phantoms that spawn are worth tons of souls), casting Thirst (100 MP/30 seconds, 3 spell slots), or killing with Soulsucker (100 mp, 3 spell slots).

Just run with Avarice/Silver Bracelet whenever it's not going to cause you to get killed and don't worry too much about farming souls until you're in 4-2 or 4-3.

I've been running 4-2's first reaper, was just making sure there wasn't something I could be doing to get the souls to come in faster. I get 6k souls for firing 6 arrows, so it's all good.

Tequila
Apr 16, 2002
DRIVE BY RANDOM TITLING! YOU MAY BE NEXT!

Gay Rumsfeld posted:

So two questions:
1) What IS the deal with all the 'This is harsh. Evaluate me.' notes spread everywhere?
2) How do you place a note/rate an already placed note?

Open up the message menu to place or rate a message.

When your message gets rated, you get healed (mana too?).

'This is harsh. Evaluate me' notes are from people asking for heals.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Raglay
Apr 11, 2007

dis astranagant posted:

I've been running 4-2's first reaper, was just making sure there wasn't something I could be doing to get the souls to come in faster. I get 6k souls for firing 6 arrows, so it's all good.

Running the last reaper and three black skeletons (pure black) at the end of 4-2 is the fastest way, but you'll need soul sucker. The first reaper is best until then.

• Locked thread