Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Misc
Sep 19, 2008

not a dinosaur posted:

Good Luck is such a loving good album

It's certainly my favorite Big D album, but the album doesn't really compare to any of my favorite Ska albums in general. There's a lot of good tracks to skank to like 5 Kids Down, Dirt Lip, and Learning to Listen, so I'll give Good Luck that much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So I was going to say I was excited for Paranoia Dance Party in a couple weeks

And then I listened to them

Now I'm just excited for Car Full Of Midgets and Abominable Killer Snowmen

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

This might make up for the disappointment of WBT's release... The Aggrolites just put out a new album this week called "IV". Musically, it picks up right where they left off from Reggae Hit LA, and the best part: twenty-one tracks. 75 minutes. gently caress yeah.

e: Having listened to the whole thing, I think this could be their best and most focused album yet.

The 7th Guest fucked around with this message at 07:51 on Jun 13, 2009

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Paranoia Dance Party loving rule if you like hardcore at all, they're tits live too. We're playing with em later today and I'm loving stoked.

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Boston ska legions: the Have Nots are playing at All Asia in Cambridge tomorrow at 1:00PM. Fast punk-ska in the vein of the Suicide Machines. Should be a good time!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Josh Wow posted:

Paranoia Dance Party loving rule if you like hardcore at all, they're tits live too. We're playing with em later today and I'm loving stoked.

You guys need to play somewhere near Durham at some point

The last time you were in Syracuse I was in basic training and next time I'll have just moved south

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Boston ska legions: the Have Nots are playing at All Asia in Cambridge tomorrow at 1:00PM. Fast punk-ska in the vein of the Suicide Machines. Should be a good time!

gently caress I really wanna go to this. I loved the Stray Bullets.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

drunk asian neighbor posted:

Oh snap

I didn't even know what they sounded like but I was going to be seeing them next week anyway, 4point0 has a show with them and a couple of other local bands

Now I'm actually looking forward to this for a reason other than chilling with the guys from This Is A Stick Up (their tour starts next week, see them if you can)

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause

Dickeye posted:

Car Full Of Midgets

Best band name ever.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jun 14, 2009

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I heard about them on a forum I can't talk about and they weren't half bad

Hopefully I can grab an album at the show in two weeks

Oh hey TMT is playing a show with my other friend's band (they suck)

edit Midgets has a tuba player how awesome is that

xdirtypinkox
Aug 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 17 hours!
Has anyone seen RXB lately? I saw them about a year ago in Portland and they played no Ska. I left before the last song which I am sure would be analog boy. :jerkbag:

They played nothing off of Progress except one song and played nothing off of Halfway. There was a small chant of "PLAY SOME SKA!!" which they ignored. I can't understand whats the deal with them. I know they are being influenced by :420: and Matt Embree is super deep man but they seem to have gotten lazy. At least they used to integrate the drum circle thing with the rest of their set and work it back into actual songs. Now they don't even play songs its just a jam session on stage.

lessthankyle
Dec 19, 2002

SKA SUCKS
Soiled Meat
Flogging Molly with...Hepcat?

There are some interesting pairings going on lately.

http://www.punknews.org/article/33996

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
so this forum I can't talk about claims to have a leak of 99SOR

here's hoping!

Hey some of you guys hit me up on AIM it's in my profile we have a thing to talk about

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 18:18 on Jun 16, 2009

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

lessthankyle posted:

Flogging Molly with...Hepcat?

There are some interesting pairings going on lately.

http://www.punknews.org/article/33996

Way to skip the MA Warped stop assholes :argh:

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

All ears, all eyes, all the time!

Dickeye posted:

here's hoping!

Hey some of you guys hit me up on AIM it's in my profile we have a thing to talk about
why can't you talk about skachilles?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sugar Blaster posted:

why can't you talk about skachilles?

That one subforum, second from the top

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

Dickeye posted:

here's hoping!

I just take everything like that there for a joke, was there actually something to that?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Nope

totally worth the half hour McSkippy and I wasted

Fateo McMurray
Mar 22, 2003

Helps that you could hit reply a billion times in a row and have it post a billion replies without having to go back and forth every time

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Dickeye posted:

That one subforum, second from the top

You betray goonkind for another forum. How could you?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
because that forum is a magical land of hopes and dreams as opposed to the pit of hatred and durpdurp that is SA

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

http://streetlamps.perdomocore.com/index.php

oh my god its a streetlight manifesto discussion forum!!!

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Sugar Blaster posted:

http://streetlamps.perdomocore.com/index.php

oh my god its a streetlight manifesto discussion forum!!!

...with a files forum attached to it

Which is why I didn't say what it was

It's like you're dense or something

Sugar Blaster
Dec 15, 2004

No, I knew exactly why, but you were being transparent and annoying about it by repeatedly mentioning a site you couldn't talk about like it was Fight Club or something when most people who post in this thread either have accounts there or at least know about it independent of the mediocre file sharing forum.

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

I need to find something to do with skasucks.com

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Oh hey whaddya know, I already knew about that forum

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Bumpin' dis thread to tell you to go to openhandrecords.com and download This Is A Stick Up's first full-length free and legal

They just started a new tour so check their myspace for dates and go see them

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

I was clicking through bands on Myspace and saw that Big D put up another song. Hey surprise it's terrible too like the other ones.

I actually can't wait for this album to come out, it's going to be an incredible career-ruining disaster for everyone involved. Sooooo loving bad. I don't even understand how the band didn't break up making these songs, how did someone not stand up during production and say "You know what gently caress this". Not a one??? They all just sat through it and beared it? Do they think this will allow them to cross over somehow into the.. I dont loving know.. the cheerleader indie pop genre???? Is that a niche? Is there an audience for this?

I thought, maybe now that time has passed that they would grow on m--no. Still the worst music I've ever heard.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
It leaked, and I heard it's not completely terrible

I don't like Big D though so I haven't even bothered to listen

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

I was clicking through bands on Myspace and saw that Big D put up another song. Hey surprise it's terrible too like the other ones.

I actually can't wait for this album to come out, it's going to be an incredible career-ruining disaster for everyone involved. Sooooo loving bad. I don't even understand how the band didn't break up making these songs, how did someone not stand up during production and say "You know what gently caress this". Not a one??? They all just sat through it and beared it? Do they think this will allow them to cross over somehow into the.. I dont loving know.. the cheerleader indie pop genre???? Is that a niche? Is there an audience for this?

I thought, maybe now that time has passed that they would grow on m--no. Still the worst music I've ever heard.

Even after reading this post, I'm still surprised it's worse than Suburban Legends - Infectious.

Red Red Blue
Feb 11, 2007

It's not good, but it's not that bad either. More than a few cringe-worthy moments though.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

dnz posted:

Even after reading this post, I'm still surprised it's worse than Suburban Legends - Infectious.

lies

nothing is worse than anything suburban legends has done that wasn't a disney cover

Mysterious Aftertaste
May 20, 2004

So Marigold, my love, you've had too much to drink...

Dickeye posted:

lies

nothing is worse than anything suburban legends has done that wasn't a disney cover

zanzibar is pretty good :ohdear:

but yea infectious is the worst album i've heard like... ever

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Dickeye posted:

lies

Rump Shaker is a good album :argh:

e: Their self-titled EP was good too

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:07 on Jun 24, 2009

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

I was talking about that one new song, I haven't heard the actual album.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Saw Royal City Riot today, they opened for Bedouin Soundclash and were awesome.

Bedouin played A Message to You Rudy and had a horn section on the side of the stage with them which was amazing. They have a new album coming out this year, maybe they'll try to do a little horn stuff on it. It was probably the best concert I've been to because it was in this little basement bar and there were no more than a hundred people in the venue and we were right on top of the stage.

I imagine that's what it must be like to see BtMI! :smith:

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Dude you live in NY, go loving see them. I live in Georgia, used to live in SC, and I've seen them at least 6 times in 4 different states. Get on the ball man.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Man being on tour and running into them doesn't count jerk

Fatter Than Albert is coming in two weeks and I can't wait

I've had Erin's Runaway Imagination on repeat for the last couple days

Sharon is Karen
Dec 29, 2008

Quest For Glory II posted:

I just listened to it, shaking my head in disbelief the entire time. How the hell do you go from "Good Luck" to this? How did they not feel like loving idiots just trying to record this garbage? Surely this is a joke of some sort...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

Dickeye posted:

lies

High Fives is a drat good song