Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bobthefunkyfish
Jan 21, 2007

Generalissimo Bobthefunkyfish's official policy recommendation: Chew some qat and rub one off to the Dark Lord!
I'm looking for more downtempo, ambient, IDM, or lounge music. Any trip-hop artists you think fit are more than welcome, as well as anything you generally consider stony/trippy AND relaxed. Artists I've enjoyed recently/in this category are Waldeck, DJ Food, the Artificial Intelligence series, Thievery Corporation, Nicola Conte, Prefuse 73, Boards of Canada (will always be in love with BoC), The Herbaliser, DJ Shadow...Thanks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Basically, I am starting to like some electronica, or what I would call electronica. I don't know artists or anything like that. I do have examples of songs I like though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YgAw1G-4zY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejm6jn9AFA0

What I'm looking for are some recommendations on artists or songs that I can get into.

il_cornuto
Oct 10, 2004

Bobthefunkyfish posted:

I'm looking for more downtempo, ambient, IDM, or lounge music. Any trip-hop artists you think fit are more than welcome, as well as anything you generally consider stony/trippy AND relaxed. Artists I've enjoyed recently/in this category are Waldeck, DJ Food, the Artificial Intelligence series, Thievery Corporation, Nicola Conte, Prefuse 73, Boards of Canada (will always be in love with BoC), The Herbaliser, DJ Shadow...Thanks!

I have a feeling I've posted this recently, but edIT's Certified Air Raid Material might be worth checking out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXV0MswjKOg

His other album is much less relaxed though. You also might want to try Wax Poetic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFL8QZa0fRY

niggerstomper58
Jun 23, 2009

by Fistgrrl
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oSZWVB0pv2s I really like the sound of this type of music, what is it? I've listened to other french chansons, but they're not quite the same, don't really have the same feel.

niggerstomper58 fucked around with this message at 15:47 on Sep 27, 2009

Bobthefunkyfish
Jan 21, 2007

Generalissimo Bobthefunkyfish's official policy recommendation: Chew some qat and rub one off to the Dark Lord!

il_cornuto posted:

I have a feeling I've posted this recently, but edIT's Certified Air Raid Material might be worth checking out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXV0MswjKOg

His other album is much less relaxed though. You also might want to try Wax Poetic http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFL8QZa0fRY

Both have proved quite satisfactory, thank you

Rush Limbo
Sep 5, 2005

its with a full house
A friend of mine recently turned me onto psychobilly. So far I've only heard a few different artists, mainly the Reverend Horton Heat and the Meteors, and also a rather cool band on myspace called the Arkhams.

Does anyone have any other recommendations, particularly in the style of the Arkhams? They have this kind of retro sound that's pretty cool

Farts Domino
May 8, 2004

Ddraig posted:

A friend of mine recently turned me onto psychobilly. So far I've only heard a few different artists, mainly the Reverend Horton Heat and the Meteors, and also a rather cool band on myspace called the Arkhams.

Does anyone have any other recommendations, particularly in the style of the Arkhams? They have this kind of retro sound that's pretty cool
I'd never heard the Arkhams but it's pretty good. Sounded closest to Rev. Horton Heat to me, but you already know him.

I guess if you wanna get more straight rockabilly and stay modern, I'd go for Heavy Trash, Flat Duo Jets (especially earlier), and Don Cavalli-related bands aside from his solo project. Maybe even Southern Culture on the Skids but that's not really psychobilly. You should also check out Astro-Zombies, Demented Are Go and Sasquatch and the Sick-a-Billys and for general psychobilly.

Some Alf DVDs
Dec 2, 2004

*SLurpz*

kingcobweb posted:

This would be easier if you posted the other bands you liked as well to avoid the obvious ones :) the genre that you're looking for is post-hardcore by the way.

The obvious ones: Rites of Spring, Dinosaur Jr, The Jesus Lizard, Big Black, Nation of Ulysses, Flipper, Royal Trux, maybe some riot grrl stuff like Bratmobile, Bikini Kill, etc etc etc

Pussybreathshotgun posted:

I could probably recommend a couple of dozens of post hardcore/noise rock bands but these spring to mind right now:

Unsane. Living legends of the noise rock scene. Visqueen is my favourite album of theirs but their earlier stuff is more 'punkish'.
Cuttroaths 9. An unheralded band featuring two thirds of Unsane. They sound a lot like Unsane, but that's not a bad thing.
Hammerhead. Really good stuff from Amphetamine Reptile Records.
Halo of Flies. Yet another great Amrep band.
Refused, perhaps the finest band from Sweden. The Shape of Punk to Come is one of my favorite albums ever.
Deep Turtle, awesome weirdness from Finland.
And last but not least :nms:Cows:nms:, this video includes some gruesome monochromatic autopsy photos but the song is an absolute killer.

Thanks a ton, both of you. Awesome stuff. Flipper has really grown on me since my last post, too.

Hekmat
Sep 27, 2006
Photoshop ftw
Thanks a lot for the help Jadz, attackmole and Sad Mammal.

Yeah, I already listen to old school maiden(not so much anymore), and Opeth have some good poo poo.

It's kind of funny, I was actually asking this because I had a ten hour layover in Amsterdam, and was looking forward to wandering around the city with some good new music and good weed. Wish I had heard Trivium before then, but 1 out of 2 isn't so bad.

I'll check out Symphony X too when I get the time, and I'm totally open to more recommendations Jadz.

Thanks again guys.

Edit: Should also point out that I actually can put up with screaming if I have to(In Flames forced me to!). I exaggerated my hatred slightly so as not to get the typical responses of Dark Tranquility, At The Gates and the like. While they have some decent stuff, they tend to be less melodic than In Flames. Okay, enough typing from me.

Hekmat fucked around with this message at 13:22 on Sep 29, 2009

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Stuck in the middle with you.

Hekmat posted:

I'm totally open to more recommendations Jadz.

Carte blanche to go hog-wild with the recommends! :woop:

Glad you liked Trivium. They're one of the only bands I listen to who have the same classic metal sound as bands like Metallica and Maiden, but they do it so well.

I'll throw some random stuff out there that's in the same Melodic Metal category (hard music with actual singing). I'll try to name some of the tracks that have a minimum of screaming. We'll see what sticks, and hopefully give you some new artists to have a look at :)

My personal favorite first: Killswitch Engage
Arms of Sorrow
The End of Heartache
This is Absolution (mix of screaming and singing)

All That Remains
Two Weeks
This Calling (some screaming, mostly growling with some singing thrown in)

Avenged Sevenfold
MIA (one of my favorites by them)
Strength of the World (my favorite A7X song)

Metallica (don't take this as an insult, I have no idea how well-versed you are on metal music or whether you've heard these particular songs)
Fade to Black
Nothing Else Matters
No Leaf Clover

Atreyu
Right Side of the Bed
Ex's and Oh's
Lip Gloss and Black

Spineshank
Beginning of the End
Infected
Smothered

Demon Hunter - their stuff is heavy on the growling, but give them a chance
Infected (popular song title lol)
Not Ready to Die

I'll call this post good for now, so I don't fill this whole page up with just my stuff :) If you like any of this, and you want some more, I've got plenty where these came from.

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

Hockles posted:

Basically, I am starting to like some electronica, or what I would call electronica. I don't know artists or anything like that. I do have examples of songs I like though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6YgAw1G-4zY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qItugh-fFgg
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ejm6jn9AFA0

What I'm looking for are some recommendations on artists or songs that I can get into.

Well, i would call this all 'trance', though the second is closer to hardstyle maybe. Try Gatecrasher and Ministry of Sound compilations and Armin Van Buuren's State of Trance. Probably at this point your best bet is to check out Ishkur's Guide and look in the trance section http://techno.org/electronic-music-guide/ check out a few of those nodes and see which samples are the kind of stuff you like. Then get more songs by those artists, see what label they're on, etc.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Hekmat posted:

Thanks a lot for the help Jadz, attackmole and Sad Mammal.

I think you might like these two bands. Bullet For My Valentine and Bury Your Dead.

Bullet For My Valentine - All These Things I Hate (Revolve Around Me)
Bullet For My Valentine - 4 Words (To Choke Upon)

Bury Your Dead - The Color Of Money (this is their old singer)
Bury Your Dead - Hands to Hide the Shame (this is their new singer, much more melodic)

Cityinthesea
Aug 7, 2009
Any bands that sound like Totalt Javla Morker? I need more hardcore that kinda sounds like this, and has decent production.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxQcBb6Pf3E
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S8gRI0tu_rs

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Can somebody recommend me a few king crimson albums other than "in the court of the crimson king"?

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

Hackuma posted:

Can somebody recommend me a few king crimson albums other than "in the court of the crimson king"?

In the Wake of Poseidon and Lizard are both good and similar in style to that one, their later albums range in styles but are still good (I like Larks' Tongues in Aspic and Red a lot, their 80s and later ones not as much)

Daryl Fucking Hall
Feb 27, 2007

Daryl ohhhhhhhh Daryl

Hackuma posted:

WELL!
First thing to understand is that King Crimson has gone through a lot of changes. The only consistent member has been the guitarist, Robert Fripp. At times, the band would disappear and come back with literally an entirely new lineup. It led to a lot of differences in sound. I'll try to break it down for you.
Like etard said, In the Wake of Poseidon and Lizard are pretty close to In the Court... For my taste, they're both a bit TOO close, though "Cat Food" from Poseidon is great, and Lizard features Jon Anderson of Yes on one track.
The next era is the 1970s King Crimson - Larks Tongue in Aspic, Starless and Bible Black, Red. Of those three, I think Larks Tongue is the best overall - the two title tracks are incredible, as is "Easy Money." The caveat, however, is that Starless (which is not S&BB, that version doesn't have lyrics), which appears on Red, is in my opinion the best song they ever recorded. Red's a good album, too. It's a lot of sort of proto-metal stuff, I just don't see as much of the cool experimentation that's on Larks Tongue (and that's what I like best about King Crimson).
My suggestion, personally, is to actually see if you can find the live album from this era, USA. The only Red track is has is Starless, but it's a great version.
The 80s iteration of King Crimson isn't going to be like anything that came before it, really. It's a completely different sound, influenced a lot by punk, new wave, and "world" (gamelan) music. Fripp had played with the Talking Heads, as had new guitarist/vocalist Adrian Belew. Fripp recruited Bill Bruford for the drums, who had been on all of the 70s albums, but Bruford's style is significantly different - he avoids cymbals and has a lot of non-conventional (read: African and electronic) drums. From this era, I think Discipline is the absolute essential album. It's full of amazing polyrhythms and great pop songwriting. The band is tight and experiments a lot with a lot of cool ideas without making music that's too dense or disconcerting. I think it's an album that rewards multiple close listens. Three of a Perfect Pair is also great, with Beat a bit far behind. The live album Absent Lovers, which is the last show this iteration every played together, is also great. Some of the songs evolved a bit, and the playing is top-notch.
The 90s and onward is not my favorite King Crimson stuff. Despite personnel changes (including, at one point, a band with two drummers, two bassists, and two guitarists), I think this era saw the least amount of innovation or evolution for the band. It gets compared a lot to Tool, and though it's often faster and a bit more complex than that band, I don't think it's an unfair comparison. They're both similarly dark, brooding, determinedly progressive rock. I don't think it's bad necessarily, but a lot of it feels like they're retreading the 70s sound in a sort of boring new context. I think Thrak's probably the best album of the bunch, but I'd honestly recommend checking out pretty much everything else I noted beforehand first and mostly continuing on if you find you really like that stuff.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

Cool, thanks for the replies. I think I'll get started with Larks and then move from there.

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

I, unfortunately, have a very limited amount of classical. I have some Bach, Beethoven and even then it's extremely small, because the amount of classical work by either is pretty enormous. I have other mixed stuff that was mostly bought on a complete whim, but I've never really managed to know a damned thing about classical. It's as bad as if I knew not a single rock artist but really liked the whole genre but didn't know where to start.

So, recommend me some way to start really listening to classical. Particular albums to buy, composers, arrangements, which of what era are required listening. Modern or not.

Right now I'm listening to the Corelli Trio Sonatas and enjoying it quite a bit.

Organic Robot
Dec 26, 2007

Fig 1.
"Blueboy sees a moth."
Does anyone know any bands that use a lot a carnival music influences? I know it's a weird request, but for some reason I really like the sound.

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

OrganicRobot posted:

Does anyone know any bands that use a lot a carnival music influences? I know it's a weird request, but for some reason I really like the sound.

Try The Decemberists (probably Castaways & Cutouts and Picaresque in particular), Gogol Bordello, Man Man and Sleepytime Gorilla Museum

kundalini rinsing fucked around with this message at 18:13 on Oct 3, 2009

Organic Robot
Dec 26, 2007

Fig 1.
"Blueboy sees a moth."

etard knievel posted:

Try The Decemberists (probably Castaways & Cutouts and Picaresque in particular), Gogol Bordello, Man Man and Sleepytime Gorilla Museum

Thanks, I'll check out Gogol Bordello since I'm familiar with the other three.

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

OrganicRobot posted:

Thanks, I'll check out Gogol Bordello since I'm familiar with the other three.

One more i forgot, though it might not be entirely up your alley, T-Pain's latest album Thr33 Ringz was entirely carnival-themed.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

OrganicRobot posted:

Not the entire band, but Tourniquet's Skeezix Dilemma has some Carnival riffs and always captured the idea of a terrifying clown killer for the rest of the song.

Chernabog
Apr 16, 2007

OrganicRobot posted:

If you like avant-garde music you can try Mr.bungle with their self titled album.

Edit:spelling.

Chernabog fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 3, 2009

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

OrganicRobot posted:

In addition to the others mentioned by etard knievel, try Mr. Bungle. A few songs on their California album (regrettably the only one I know) make me think of creepy carnival atmosphere.

Also a few Tom Waits songs -- "Misery Is the River of the World," "Coney Island Baby," "Calliope," and several other tracks off his dark, anachronistic-sounding Blood Money. Also "Singapore" and "Rain Dogs" off Rain Dogs, the spooky spoken word piece "Circus" off Real Gone, "Shore Leave" off Swordfishtrombones, and the instrumental "Carnival" off The Black Rider.

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Hypnolobster posted:

I, unfortunately, have a very limited amount of classical. I have some Bach, Beethoven and even then it's extremely small, because the amount of classical work by either is pretty enormous. I have other mixed stuff that was mostly bought on a complete whim, but I've never really managed to know a damned thing about classical. It's as bad as if I knew not a single rock artist but really liked the whole genre but didn't know where to start.

So, recommend me some way to start really listening to classical. Particular albums to buy, composers, arrangements, which of what era are required listening. Modern or not.

Right now I'm listening to the Corelli Trio Sonatas and enjoying it quite a bit.

Chopin (pronounced Sho-pan) has some pretty good stuff. Personally, I'm a big fan of John Williams (the guy who does the music for tons of movies, including Star Wars).

It depends on what you prefer, really. Do you like up-tempo pieces with lots of brass and percussion? Are you more of a soft strings-and-piano kind of guy? This will make a difference, because certain composers do certain styles better than others.

EDIT:
Personally, I'm a fan of large orchestral pieces. I am of the opinion that this, this and this are the best orchestral pieces ever recorded.

Jadz fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Oct 4, 2009

Hypnolobster
Apr 12, 2007

What this sausage party needs is a big dollop of ketchup! Too bad I didn't make any. :(

Jadz posted:

Chopin (pronounced Sho-pan) has some pretty good stuff. Personally, I'm a big fan of John Williams (the guy who does the music for tons of movies, including Star Wars).

It depends on what you prefer, really. Do you like up-tempo pieces with lots of brass and percussion? Are you more of a soft strings-and-piano kind of guy? This will make a difference, because certain composers do certain styles better than others.

EDIT:
Personally, I'm a fan of large orchestral pieces. I am of the opinion that this, this and this are the best orchestral pieces ever recorded.

Unfortunately, I rather enjoy both. I can't usually get into the more experimental sorts (I have no examples, but there certainly seems to be some classical that is more like on-key jazz than something melodic or moving), but I love solo piano, strings, harpsichord, huge brass and drum sections, pretty much everything.

I do have some John Williams, but I don't even know where to start with the few big names I know like Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Bach, Mozart, and that's all I can think of. The scope of the work of most composers I can find is completely overwhelming (and not knowing the lingo certainly doesn't help).

Jadz
Jan 8, 2004

Hypnolobster posted:

Unfortunately, I rather enjoy both. I can't usually get into the more experimental sorts (I have no examples, but there certainly seems to be some classical that is more like on-key jazz than something melodic or moving), but I love solo piano, strings, harpsichord, huge brass and drum sections, pretty much everything.

I do have some John Williams, but I don't even know where to start with the few big names I know like Chopin, Tchaikovsky, Bach, Mozart, and that's all I can think of. The scope of the work of most composers I can find is completely overwhelming (and not knowing the lingo certainly doesn't help).

I know exactly what you mean :) I was a high school band geek, so I love a little bit of everything, too. Big orchestral pieces are my favorite though. Video games, movies, original pieces - it doesn't really matter to me.

Here's something you might like - this guy's setlist has some really good stuff on it. I could set this to play and just leave it running in the background for hours while I do whatever.

You might also like these pieces by Barber, Rachmaninoff, Shostakovich, Mahler, Mozart and Dvorak

And who doesn't love Beethoven's Ode to Joy and Tchaikovsky's 1812 Overture? Their finales are loving EPIC.

You may also like Beethoven's Egmont Overture (love Leonard Bernstein's conducting...the man's got style).

These are the pieces I'm most fond of. I can probably come up with some more. But really, if you do a search for pretty much anything with "symphony", "concerto" or "overture" in the name, almost everything you find will be worth listening to :)

edit: Also, it makes me feel ridiculously nerdy, but I LOVE the Diva Plavalaguna scene from The Fifth Element.

Jadz fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Oct 4, 2009

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.

Jadz posted:

EDIT:
Personally, I'm a fan of large orchestral pieces. I am of the opinion that this,

The Jurassic Park theme is absolutely incredible. I definitely agree that it's one of the best bits of music ever.

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009
This might seem like an odd request but I'm looking for bands that sound similar to the Flight of the Conchords songs 'Fashion is Danger' and 'Too Many Dicks.' I know about artists like LMFAO, Pitbull, Lady Gaga, 3oh!3, etc... But I'm looking for something a bit more dancy with lyrics. The lyrics don't really even have to be quality, I just like singing in my music. It doesn't have to be serious in tone either.

Do any bands like this exist?

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

MussoliniB posted:

This might seem like an odd request but I'm looking for bands that sound similar to the Flight of the Conchords songs 'Fashion is Danger' and 'Too Many Dicks.' I know about artists like LMFAO, Pitbull, Lady Gaga, 3oh!3, etc... But I'm looking for something a bit more dancy with lyrics. The lyrics don't really even have to be quality, I just like singing in my music. It doesn't have to be serious in tone either.

Do any bands like this exist?

Have you tried Chromeo?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HFRtq1W9UY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2cLwQS_gndw
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5W2B2mAocDc&feature=related

CharlesWillisMaddox fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Oct 5, 2009

MussoliniB
Aug 22, 2009

This is all very amazing. Any more bands would be much appreciated. :)

combee
Nov 17, 2007

it's the combee's knees!

combee fucked around with this message at 13:52 on Jul 23, 2013

Threatis
Sep 28, 2005

congrats on figuring out how to use a machine with 4 buttons

MussoliniB posted:

This is all very amazing. Any more bands would be much appreciated. :)

Kid Sister, Tommy Sparks, Lights, So Solid Crew.

also, on the hipster hop thing, check out Adam Tensta. He was bit of a flash in the pan in 08, but i thought his album was sick as hell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wro1-dQPHIg

and how could i forget Amanda Blanks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krL6gbR-9bA

Threatis fucked around with this message at 23:40 on Oct 8, 2009

kundalini rinsing
Jun 3, 2007

combee posted:

Which Talking Heads albums should I listen to first?

Downloading from http://www.bandit.fm if it counts.

For studio albums, i would go Remain in Light, then 77, then Fear of Music, then the others IMO. If you just want a real broad introduction, check out their live album Stop Making Sense, it has a lot of the best songs from other albums on it

The Clap
Sep 21, 2006

currently training to kill God
I've been listening to Brand New's Untitled 2, as well as Me vs Maradona vs. Elvis, Play Crack the Sky, and the rest of their acoustic songs a lot lately. Can anyone suggest something new? Thanks!

Wild Cantaloupe
Jun 16, 2008

:420:fly like paper, get high like planes:420:
Hi, I have a metal request.

I'm still pretty new to metal so I'd like to expand my horizons a bit. I listen to pretty cannon Stoner/Doom/Post Metal (Neurosis, Melvins, Electric Wizard, Kyuss, Boris, Earth, Cult of Luna, etc.) as well as some of the popular metal acts(Mastodon, Opeth (i find some of their stuff kind of goofy but i quite like Blackwater Park)). I recently listened to Wolves in the Throne Room's "Two Hunters" and absolutely loved it. I would love recommendations for stuff like WitTR or just suggestions of other bands to expand my knowledge of metal because beyond those few areas (and even in them) it is really lacking.

Any help would be great.

Some Alf DVDs
Dec 2, 2004

*SLurpz*

Wild Cantaloupe posted:

I'm still pretty new to metal so I'd like to expand my horizons a bit. I listen to pretty cannon Stoner/Doom/Post Metal (Neurosis, Melvins, Electric Wizard, Kyuss, Boris, Earth, Cult of Luna, etc.) as well as some of the popular metal acts(Mastodon, Opeth (i find some of their stuff kind of goofy but i quite like Blackwater Park)). I recently listened to Wolves in the Throne Room's "Two Hunters" and absolutely loved it. I would love recommendations for stuff like WitTR or just suggestions of other bands to expand my knowledge of metal because beyond those few areas (and even in them) it is really lacking.

Any help would be great.

Have you tried any of Dax Riggs's projects such as Acid Bath, Deadboy and the Elephantmen, or solo? Also Down (NOLA is great), and High on Fire (although i'm not a big fan, others are).

As far as other metal goes, a couple must-have albums are Death- The Sound of Perseverance and At the Gates- Slaughter of the Soul. Definitely more on the "extreme" side, but I still listen to them from time to time even though I don't listen to metal much anymore.

Some Alf DVDs fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 7, 2009

How dreadful!
Mar 17, 2009

Wild Cantaloupe posted:

Any help would be great.
You should try some Enslaved (RUUN) or Ikuinen Kaamos (The Forlorn) - I haven't listened to them in a long while, but I remember they were similar to Wolves.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Some Alf DVDs posted:

Have you tried any of Dax Riggs's projects such as Acid Bath, Deadboy and the Elephantmen, or solo? Also Down (NOLA is great), and High on Fire (although i'm not a big fan, others are).

I'll second Acid Bath, but Agents of Oblivion is much closer to Acid Bath than Deadboy (which is more blues rock).

Admittedly I don't know that much about black metal but if you like WitTR you should check out Burzum. It's probably best to listen to his albums in chronological order since the latter ones were recorded in prison with a synth whereas the earlier ones have more varied instrumentation and mix black metal with ambient.