Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pooptron2003
Jan 20, 2006

It's not what you think.

physics geek posted:

My roommate and I saw KISS at the California Mid State Fair this summer, so for her birthday I made her this:

Click here for the full 459x612 image.

I wasn't extremely happy with the way the hair turned out, but there was already so much frosting I didn't want to add more. I still think it's pretty cool!

What kind of frosting did you use for the face? Was it royal? It looks so smooth....

Also, that llama cake is freaking CUTE.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

physics geek
Oct 8, 2002

piep piep kleiner physicsgeek
It was just a butter and powdered sugar frosting. The reason it looks so smooth is because I used the method for making frosting pictures Sixx described in this post.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.
I finished off the Pumpkin S'more cupcakes - let me tell you, the marshmallow was the bane of my existence.

I first tried the recipe paisleyfox posed - I was impatient and didn't let it set for as long as it needed to. So I went to the ol' stand-by, 7-minute icing. For some reason, I couldn't make it work. Twice. So I just ended up melting a bunch of marshmallows and adding pumpkin/spices to it.

Oh god, are they ever tasty.

I covered the pumpkin marshmallow with chocolate ganache and graham cracker crumbs. And the tombstones - delicious delicious tombstones.

blue_kameleon
Sep 3, 2007
does anyone have any good cup cake transporting solutions? I'm looking to take about two dozen, by bus, by myself.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.

PezMaster posted:

I finished off the Pumpkin S'more cupcakes - let me tell you, the marshmallow was the bane of my existence.

I first tried the recipe paisleyfox posed - I was impatient and didn't let it set for as long as it needed to. So I went to the ol' stand-by, 7-minute icing. For some reason, I couldn't make it work. Twice. So I just ended up melting a bunch of marshmallows and adding pumpkin/spices to it.

Oh god, are they ever tasty.

I covered the pumpkin marshmallow with chocolate ganache and graham cracker crumbs. And the tombstones - delicious delicious tombstones.

Can I please have the actual recipe? Do want.

Devi
Jan 15, 2006

CYCLOPS
WAS RIGHT

blue_kameleon posted:

does anyone have any good cup cake transporting solutions? I'm looking to take about two dozen, by bus, by myself.

Go to Wilton, Bed Bath & Beyond, or any other place that sells baking stuff. They make holders to transport cupcakes in. I think they usually hold 24. They're not that expensive, either.

Any other solution you come up with will probably become a sticky mess and be stressful as hell.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

[rocking faces since the 80s]

Devi posted:

Go to Wilton, Bed Bath & Beyond, or any other place that sells baking stuff. They make holders to transport cupcakes in. I think they usually hold 24. They're not that expensive, either.

Any other solution you come up with will probably become a sticky mess and be stressful as hell.

Yup, I'd probably go with something like this:

jollygrinch
Apr 16, 2004

Anesthesia. Mona Lisa. I've got a little gun, here comes oblivion.
Made a cake for work. White cake with lemon curd filling, both out of Joy of Cooking. Frosting was from a Lady Baltimore recipe on epicurious, without the nuts and fruit. Decorated with candied lemon slices. I'm pretty disgusted with the way the frosting looks, but I was out of time and it tasted alright at least.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.

Captain Stinkybutt posted:

Can I please have the actual recipe? Do want.

Yessir! There are more pictures on the Cakery blog too if you're interested.

C&C Cakery posted:

Ingredients
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs
2 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup milk + 1/4 cup yogurt
1 cup chocolate chips (I prefer dark)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Combine the flour, graham cracker, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon in a bowl and whisk until evenly distributed.

In another bowl, cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time, then the vanilla. Next alternatively pour in the flour mixture with the milk/yogurt, starting and ending with the flour. Fold in your chocolate chips.

Fill your (preferably Halloween-oriented) cupcake liners and bake for about 20 minutes (or until your tester comes out clean.

Pumpkin Marshmallow Frosting
2 cups big marshmallows
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1/4 tsp nutmeg
1/8 tsp all spice

Put the marshmallows in a large glass bowl and add a TBSP of water. Make sure most of the marshmallows have soaked up some moisture and place them in the microwave. Nuke those bad boys 20 seconds at a time, stirring each time you take the bowl out to check, until the marshmallows are mostly melted (there still will be some lumps, but don't worry about that yet).

Mix all the spices together in a small cup. Put the pumpkin in the marshmallow bowl and about half of the spice mixture. Using a hand mixer, mix everything together until all the marshmallowy lumps are gone. Taste and adjust the spice if need be.

(Your marshmallow will seem watery at this point - don't panic. It will re-congeal when it cools.)

Using a knife, cut out a hole in the middle of your cooled cupcakes. Spoon in the pumpkin marshmallow until it covers most of the top. Let the marshmallow cool.

Chocolate Ganache Topping
4 oz. semi-sweet chocolate
2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
Graham Cracker crumbs

Melt chocolate and butter over low heat (preferably in a double boiler). Take off heat and dip each of the cupcakes in the ganache, making sure the pumpkin marshmallow is completely covered. Sprinkle graham cracker crumbs over top.

Add candy/chocolate tombstone and/or zombie limbs as you see fit.
Another hint - make sure you consume these at room temperature. The marshmallow is heavenly that way.

Caitlin
Aug 18, 2006

When I die, if there is a heaven, I will spend eternity rolling around with a pile of kittens.
Thanks! I will make these as soon as I am able to - I've been dying to make cupcakes lately anyway.

Mouthwatering.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

jollygrinch posted:

Made a cake for work. White cake with lemon curd filling, both out of Joy of Cooking. Frosting was from a Lady Baltimore recipe on epicurious, without the nuts and fruit. Decorated with candied lemon slices. I'm pretty disgusted with the way the frosting looks, but I was out of time and it tasted alright at least.

Ugly cake = good cake. This doesn't always hold the other way round, see 'cassata siciliana'.

grumples
May 29, 2004
naughtyness on legs
No matter how many times I bake cupcakes I can never get them smooth on the top. I always end up with a crack in the middle.
What's the secret to getting a smooth, perfectly round cupcake top?

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

grumples posted:

No matter how many times I bake cupcakes I can never get them smooth on the top. I always end up with a crack in the middle.
What's the secret to getting a smooth, perfectly round cupcake top?
Because baking is pretty much science, it can be any number of variables, including:

Too much flour
Too little liquid
Too hot an oven
Over beaten
Batter not spread evenly
Not enough fat
Warped pans
Pan too near top of oven
Overfilled pans

If you think that all that is fine, the problem might be your starting mixture. You know when it says "Beat butter and sugar until fluffy"? They're not talking about 1 or 2 minutes with a spoon - try 5/6 minutes with a mixer on high. Ever since I put a little more time into the butter/sugar mixture, my cupcakes have gotten better at forming perfect little domes.

Also, here's a list of common cake failures and how to fix them. I always find it super handy, especially when you're experimenting with recipes.

grumples
May 29, 2004
naughtyness on legs
Yeah, someone else gave me the same advice a while back about beating the butter and sugar for way longer, so I have been doing that and I think the texture of my cupcakes has improved.
I also mentioned to someone else that my cupcakes still weren't the texture I was looking for - not light enough. It was also just suggested to me that our flour in Australia is different to the stuff overseas, and perhaps adding some cornflour may help.
In all honesty... my cakes and muffins are fine, but it's cupcakes that tend to go funny for me! Will have to keep experimenting.

Thanks for that link. Lot's of useful information there.

PezMaster posted:

Because baking is pretty much science, it can be any number of variables, including:

Too much flour
Too little liquid
Too hot an oven
Over beaten
Batter not spread evenly
Not enough fat
Warped pans
Pan too near top of oven
Overfilled pans

If you think that all that is fine, the problem might be your starting mixture. You know when it says "Beat butter and sugar until fluffy"? They're not talking about 1 or 2 minutes with a spoon - try 5/6 minutes with a mixer on high. Ever since I put a little more time into the butter/sugar mixture, my cupcakes have gotten better at forming perfect little domes.

Also, here's a list of common cake failures and how to fix them. I always find it super handy, especially when you're experimenting with recipes.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

So, I made a test tier last night for my sister's wedding cake. She said her theme is white and red, so this is what I came up with:

I think the piped border makes it look like a birthday cake but she loved it! I might do dots instead of a starred tip. My main goal was to try to get the buttercream as smooth as possible. I'm happy with it. Thank god for putty scrapers and Viva paper towels.

Vivek
Jun 27, 2007

I can't even tell you how amazing everything in this thread looks.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

jennyinstereo posted:

I think the piped border makes it look like a birthday cake but she loved it! I might do dots instead of a starred tip. My main goal was to try to get the buttercream as smooth as possible. I'm happy with it. Thank god for putty scrapers and Viva paper towels.

Remind me again about the trick with the paper towels? Do you literally use them to smooth out the buttercream by wiping it across the cake? My buttercream always gets little divots and bumps - the sides or your cake looks so smooth and clean!

Also, I second that dot tip.

Timo
Jul 12, 2001

Suit up!
Made four dozen of these for my two year old nephew's birthday party. He loves sharks.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

PezMaster posted:

Remind me again about the trick with the paper towels? Do you literally use them to smooth out the buttercream by wiping it across the cake? My buttercream always gets little divots and bumps - the sides or your cake looks so smooth and clean!

Also, I second that dot tip.

First, get the frosting as smooth as you can using your frosting spatulas, scrapers, etc. Once you've got it looking decent, let the buttercream crust for 15 minutes. Then take the paper towel, gently lay it on the frosting and use a scraper to essentially scrape the frosting smooth. You must be gentle or you'll actually start pushing the frosting around (which we don't want).

Or, you can use a fondant smoother or your hands to use gentle pressure over the paper towel (a gentle rubbing with your fingers) but I like using scrapers, as I find they do the best job (better than your hands or a fondant smoother can do).

Here's a good video example that I actually used to learn the technique.

jennyinstereo fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 12, 2009

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

Made my first cake from scratch on Saturday! It was a simple yellow cake with buttercream frosting. I didn't level the cake well at all, as you can see, but it is my first time and I haven't gotten any of the fancy tools yet.

A few questions before I make my next one...
The cake came out really crumbly and almost tasted like cornbread... did I put in too much flower? You can see from this pic how it was practically falling apart.

Also, I went with the fondant, as you can see. I had trouble with it folding over in on itself at the bottom. Is there a trick to help with that? Just practice?

I covered my mistake with fondant circles, the piping I regret doing. It looks half-assed

York_M_Chan fucked around with this message at 21:59 on Oct 12, 2009

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

If you are finding your buttercream too "airy" you can work it on the table(marble is preferred) with a spatula to smooth it out. If you are using a french buttercream you can whip it and add small amounts of simple syrup until it smooths out for you.

When I did my brother's wedding cake I made and filled all the layers ahead of time. Including inserting all the dowels, and wrapped them in a layer of plastic wrap/foil/plastic wrap and froze them. It survived the 3+ hour trip from my place to theirs including a day of sitting in the back of my car, and when I unwrapped it all the layers were all still cold to the touch.

Here's a 1st Birthday cake I did for some family friends for over the weekend.

Everyone thought it looked and tasted terrific.
It was four layers vanilla sponge, chocolate sponge, vanilla, chocolate, with chocolate ganache in between layers all covered in french buttercream.
The letters and discs were all pastillage. The little cake was for the birthday boy to destroy, and boy did he.

Pooptron2003
Jan 20, 2006

It's not what you think.

Thumposaurus posted:

This is adorable and looks super delicious. What kind of buttercream did you use?

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

Pooptron2003 posted:

This is adorable and looks super delicious. What kind of buttercream did you use?

Thanks, I used a French buttercream using some vanilla sugar I had to make the syrup for it.

A quick recipe off the top of my head would be
16 yolks
1 cup of water
680 grams of sugar
3# of butter

You would combine the water and sugar in a pot and bring it up to 240°F
Meanwhile you will be whipping your egg yolks with the whisk attachment on a mixer at high speed.
When the sugar syrup is at the right temp slow the mixer down and pour the syrup into the egg yolks in a steady stream.
Turn the speed back up to high and let it whip until the bowl feels cool to the touch.
Then add your softened butter in pieces allowing each piece to be absorbed before adding another.
Once all that is done ice your cake!

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

Project wedding cake was a success! (mostly)

I ended up not having enough buttercream (I made 6 times the usual amount and still ran out) so I couldn't pipe around the bottom of the top 2 tiers but I used rose petals to cover up the edges. It wasn't fantastic looking but nobody seemed to think it looked bad. Most importantly, my sister loved it and that was all that mattered.

I made all of the cake layers, fillings and frosting in advance. Wrapped each layer twice in plastic wrap, then once in foil. Froze them all in the freezer. I made buttercream, ganache and lemon curd. Those all went in the fridge in ziploc bags. On Friday, my husband and I made the 10 hour drive from Maryland to Montreal with the cake layers packed up in a box and the frosting and fillings in a cooler.

Saturday, the day of the wedding, I got up early to assemble the cakes. Filling them went extremely quickly. Frosting was quick as well but I was stressing about getting the buttercream smooth enough. I had issues with the large bottom tier but ended up using rose petals to cover mistakes.

After all 3 tiers were frosted, I packed each one in a cake box. We had to bring people in our car to the wedding so we had people in the car hold boxes. I held the largest tier on my lap, best friend had the middle, and other friend held the top of the cake. We didn't have any issues at all with sliding or anything.

When I got to the hall, I stacked the cake tiers, piped around the top, added flowers, and called it a day. If I ever make another wedding cake, I'm going to make much more buttercream and not use ribbon around the tiers. The ribbon was hard to keep level and I thought it looked bad (no one else did, or they were lying lol) I could have done a much better job if I had more time but I did the best I could! Next month, I make her baby shower cake. I'll document that as well.

So anyways, after this wall of text, here are a few pics!

jennyinstereo fucked around with this message at 03:25 on Oct 20, 2009

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

/\/\ thanks for documenting the process! I seriously would have freaked out half way through if I didn't have enough buttercream - probably would have gone to DQ and picked up an ice cream cake instead.

And, yeah, I really don't understand the whole 'ribbon on the wedding cake' fad. Brides are weird.

I had another baking adventure this week. This time it was for another cupcake contest where the theme was "Music". I made the Lola (la-la-la-la Lola!) - Cherry Cola cake with Champagne buttercream and a chocolate mustache on top:

Wasn't my favourite cake in the world - way too moist and thick. Ah well - now I've got to switch gears and start making tons of Halloween cookies!

York_M_Chan
Sep 11, 2003

PezMaster posted:

I had another baking adventure this week. This time it was for another cupcake contest where the theme was "Music".

How did you do?

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

PezMaster posted:

/\/\ thanks for documenting the process! I seriously would have freaked out half way through if I didn't have enough buttercream - probably would have gone to DQ and picked up an ice cream cake instead.

And, yeah, I really don't understand the whole 'ribbon on the wedding cake' fad. Brides are weird.

I had another baking adventure this week. This time it was for another cupcake contest where the theme was "Music". I made the Lola (la-la-la-la Lola!) - Cherry Cola cake with Champagne buttercream and a chocolate mustache on top:

Wasn't my favourite cake in the world - way too moist and thick. Ah well - now I've got to switch gears and start making tons of Halloween cookies!

Yeah the ribbon was a nightmare. Never again. I am making her baby shower cake next month so I'll document that too. I LOVE your cupcake 'staches. What recipe did you use for the champagne buttercream?

pizzadog
Oct 9, 2009

blue_kameleon posted:

My mom mailed me cupcakes from LA to Montana last summer by putting them each inside cut-in-half plastic party cups. like, one to set it in (trimmed to half height JUST to the height of hte cupcake) and one whole one put upside down on top of that for the lid. Really creative. Packed all the cups side by side and put a bunch of packing stuff/paper on top, wrote "THIS SIDE UP" all over it.

but there are "cupcake carriers" for short term transportation. google it.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

York_M_Chan posted:

How did you do?
The voting starts on the 30th - there are a lot of big name bakers so I expect my cupcakes to get lost in the scramble. My recipe is not as good as it could be - maybe next time I'll think up something that will really wow everyone.

The results of the pumpkin cupcake contest I talked about oh so long ago come in the next few days. The theme for next month is peanut butter - which means it's time for me to whip out some Peanut Butter and Pickle Cupcakes. Awwwww yeah.

jennyinstereo posted:

Yeah the ribbon was a nightmare. Never again. I am making her baby shower cake next month so I'll document that too. I LOVE your cupcake 'staches. What recipe did you use for the champagne buttercream?
I used a regular swiss buttercream recipe, but instead of adding vanilla to flavour it, I boiled down some cheap champagne (and proceeded to drink the rest). Then, because I needed to make it stretch, I added 8oz of cream cheese.

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫

PezMaster posted:

"Pumpkin S'more" Cupcake - Moist chocolate/gram cracker cake with pumpkin marshmallow on top

I'm going to try the recipe on your blog soon. Sorry if I missed it, but how many cupcakes does it make?

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Prof. Ann Mary Ann posted:

I'm going to try the recipe on your blog soon. Sorry if I missed it, but how many cupcakes does it make?
That recipe will get you about 18/19 cupcakes - depends on how big you make them. I think I made 6 medium cupcakes and 2 and a half dozen super minis with it. Good luck!

Oh! And if you make any changes, be sure to tell me. I'm pretty new at transferring recipes from the bowl to the page - usually I just add what I think is right, sans measuring cup, but a written recipe forces me to measure. The marshmallow part might be off a bit (that's the only part I didn't properly measure)-- you might need a bit more marshmallow and a couple tablespoons more of pumpkin, I'm not sure. Taste it and make modifications if you need to, and let me know if you do!

PezMaster fucked around with this message at 19:00 on Oct 25, 2009

grumples
May 29, 2004
naughtyness on legs
First time making/using fondant...

How should I get the excess icing sugar off? Pastry brush?
Also, how should I stick my fondant to the cupcake? Should I put something between the cupcake and fondant? I just pressed it down and it stuck. Finally, I used a bit of water to stick the fondant on fondant... is this right?

I used this basic fondant recipe: http://www.gingerbread-house-heaven.com/fondant-recipe.html

breakfall87
Apr 22, 2004
ABunch7587's little bitch
As far as I know, you use buttercream/icing of choice as the glue to hold fondant to cakes.

A pastry brush should work fine to get all the sugar off. I've seen some people just dab a wet paper towel on it, but I'm not sure if that will have any effect on the fondant.

jennyinstereo
Jan 17, 2007

grumples posted:

How should I get the excess icing sugar off? Pastry brush?
Also, how should I stick my fondant to the cupcake? Should I put something between the cupcake and fondant? I just pressed it down and it stuck. Finally, I used a bit of water to stick the fondant on fondant... is this right?

I used this basic fondant recipe: http://www.gingerbread-house-heaven.com/fondant-recipe.html

I generally wipe away excess sugar with my hands. Though, I suppose you could try a brush. I've just had more success with my hands. I stick fondant to cake with either buttercream frosting or clear piping gel. It acts like glue and if any squeezes out from under the fondant, it dries clear. To stick fondant to fondant, yes, a little bit of water will do the trick or again, clear piping gel.

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫
RE: pumpkin smore cupcakes

PezMaster posted:

Oh! And if you make any changes, be sure to tell me.

I'm not a knowledgeable baker. I pretty much follow the recipe since I don't know what will render it an inedible lump. I did substitute the flour for white whole wheat flour. Also I almost forgot to add the milk and yogurt so that resulted in me not adding the ingredients in the order listed. :hurr:

The resulting 17 cupcakes didn't rise into nice little domes. They're a bit gooey as well, but they are delicious. What do I need to adjust?

(Marshmallow and chocolate ganache not pictured.)

Thumposaurus
Jul 24, 2007

You can brush the fondant with a little alcohol on a pastry brush to dissolve the excess sugar and give it a little shine. Just let them dry thoroughly afterwords.
You want the brush to be almost dry, vodka works great for this.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Prof. Ann Mary Ann posted:

RE: pumpkin smore cupcakes

I'm not a knowledgeable baker. I pretty much follow the recipe since I don't know what will render it an inedible lump. I did substitute the flour for white whole wheat flour. Also I almost forgot to add the milk and yogurt so that resulted in me not adding the ingredients in the order listed. :hurr:

The resulting 17 cupcakes didn't rise into nice little domes. They're a bit gooey as well, but they are delicious. What do I need to adjust?

Good News! These little cupcakes aren't supposed to have perfect little domes - The recipe had to be strong enough to be filled with marshmallow. If you wanted a dryer cake, I'd take away some of milk/yogurt or add a pinch more baking powder and a bit more flour. Also - it looks like all your chocolate chips fell to the bottom. You want to lightly fold in the chips when the batter has just been mixed. Also, the too much liquid/not enough flour problem could cause that as well. Of course, it could be a BILLION other things too - the science of baking is a cruel mistress.

I'm super glad that they are delicious - for that is the most important part. How did the marshmallow and ganache go? (The marshmallow is the hardest part) :ohdear:

Prof. Ann Mary Ann
Mar 13, 2008

♫  He’s a hypnotist,
   hypnotist of ladies  ♫
Yes, I do not know how to correctly fold in an ingredient. I shall have to learn for next time.

Since the cakes already seemed so small, I didn't want to cut a hole in them. I poured marshmallow on top instead. Some I poured to the edge and let the papers hold it in. This wasn't a good idea since now getting the paper off the cake becomes a tricky mess.

I used the about.com pumpkin marshmallow recipe from the other thread. This was my first time making any kind of marshmallow. They turned out too dense and chewy for my liking. I thought they were supposed to be light and fluffy, but maybe I just did something wrong again. They taste ok though. Maybe using pumpkin syrup instead of puree would be better?

I was lazy and didn't use a double boiler, but the ganache came out fine.

I want to try your cayenne pepper pumpkin cupcakes too. Although I know mine will be nowhere as cute as yours. :3

guaranteed
Nov 24, 2004

Do not take apart gun by yourself, it will cause the trouble and dangerous.
We tried the cayenne pumpkin cakes yesterday. For some reason the frosting did the whole batch and there was a LOT left over, so we made some basic yellow cake mix cupcakes too. Then we had like three and a half dozen cupcakes for two people, so my husband took most of them in to work and they were gone in an hour. So at least 30 people think they're great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Friggen Poseur
Jun 2, 2005
I may not be as crafty as the rest of you, but here is my contribution.
My daughter turned 5 recently and all she wanted was a volcano cake.

As I said, I am not a cake genius.

the lava.

Not too great, but the rowdy bunch of munchkins thought it was the coolest thing ever.

And a random party picture.

Yes, I'm the mother that thinks its a good idea to give children a croquet mallet and let them whack a pinata.

My daughter said I'm "the coolest mom ever."
She's pretty righteous herself.

• Locked thread