Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Dapper Man
Apr 7, 2007

Sometimes, I just like to kick it freestyle.

AKA Driver posted:

Here's a question because I'm dense:

A running joke in Botchamanias is about women "corpsing." Usually, a woman is laying somewhere in the scene not doing anything. Maffew then cuts to a scene where Randy Savage is raging backstage through Nitro threatening and yelling at women.

I can take an educated guess (lying there looking dead) but what is corpsing, why does it only involve women, why does it involve Randy Savage acting angry, and is there anything else I'm missing about this bit?

Corpsing is when someone ruins a "scene" by laughing. It generally involves women because apparently female wrestlers are terrible actors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BlueArmyMan
Mar 30, 2007
Hooloovoo

AKA Driver posted:

A running joke in Botchamanias is about women "corpsing." Usually, a woman is laying somewhere in the scene not doing anything. Maffew then cuts to a scene where Randy Savage is raging backstage through Nitro threatening and yelling at women.

I can take an educated guess (lying there looking dead) but what is corpsing, why does it only involve women, why does it involve Randy Savage acting angry, and is there anything else I'm missing about this bit?

Go back and watch some of the earlier Botchamanias. You'll see the full version of the "Call for the man!" scene, which answers the last couple questions you had.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

AKA Driver posted:

During a segment where she was supposed to be scared of Savage, Torrie wilson laughed. Savage, being the crazy person he is/was, legitimatly slapped her across the face. Thus, he is The Man regarding hitting women/people who laugh during serious segments.

UndergroundHero
Feb 1, 2005

Throw reason right out the fuckin' window.
Here's the Savage/Wilson video in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nk3nTWatIh4

PoO3
Dec 30, 2000
Does Umaga really mean shriveled monkey penis in Samoan?

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

PoO3 posted:

Does Umaga really mean shriveled monkey penis in Samoan?

According to http://www.samoa.co.uk/tattoos.html it means "the end", at least in respect to traditional Samoan tattoos

Satire Forum Mom
Oct 4, 2003
MY CUNT DRIPS BROWN REFUSE LIKE A DIRTY HOOKAH. PS. THE BACK OF MY THIGHS ARE RIDICULOUS - COTTAGE CHEESE ANYONE?
Are there any shoot interviews with Japanese wrestlers, like Kobashi/Misawa/Liger/etc? Preferably ones translated into English. I would love to hear what they have to say.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Satire Forum Mom posted:

Are there any shoot interviews with Japanese wrestlers, like Kobashi/Misawa/Liger/etc? Preferably ones translated into English. I would love to hear what they have to say.

ROH did one with Liger in 2004. All of their shoots are discounted to 5 bucks pretty often. It is kind of basic, don't expect the same kind of shoot from Liger that you'd get from Joe and Punk or Cornette.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Satire Forum Mom posted:

There is at least a Hayabusa one which is translated - http://www.highspots.com/product.asp?id=15350&category=0

The first quarter of an hour or so is on YouTube
Part One: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqY7pjppQWQ
Part Two: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PGZe65fESlk

apsouthern fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Oct 10, 2009

Meat Recital
Mar 26, 2009

by zen death robot
Bloodstained Memoirs is going to be released one of these years, and that will have Keiju Mutoh and Ultimo Dragon in it.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
In regards to late WCW, who was "Big Al" and why did he feud with Tank Abbott?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Capsaicin posted:

In regards to late WCW, who was "Big Al" and why did he feud with Tank Abbott?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Al_Green_%28wrestler%29

Also known as the Dog.

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof

Rusty Shackelford posted:

Also known as the Dog.

What was his feud with Tank about?

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

Capsaicin posted:

What was his feud with Tank about?

A leather jacket, I believe.

EDIT:

I'm watching the Rise & Fall of WCW and during the Vader/Sting match from the Great American Bash 1992, they show Ron Simmons and Tony Schiavone sitting together, scouting the match. What was that about? Also, the next match is Sting/Rude from Spring Stampede 1994 - I saw myself in the crowd, which was pretty cool.

Rusty Shackelford fucked around with this message at 05:34 on Oct 13, 2009

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

Tank Abbot pulls a knife on Big Al.

TANK: I could loving kill you right now.

SCHIAVONE: I think he's telling him he's going to cut off his beard!

BIG AL: *lying on the floor, already with no facial hair*

Best feud ever.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Yup. It led to a leather jacket on a pole match, in which Tank held a knife to Al's throat, and screamed, "I'll cut your loving throat!" on live TV. Tony Shiavone tried to play it off by saying Tank was trying to shave Al's beard, even though he didn't have a beard.
Edit: I'm slow.

KungFu Grip
Jun 18, 2008
Pretty sure it was like a motorcycle gang symbol on the jacket and it just so happened that Abbott and The Dog were in rival biker gangs. At least that's what I think it was about completely.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Also known as the Dog.

No. Two different guys. The Big Al that fought Tank Abbott was apparently the former 911. The match can be seen here.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
What's the story behind this?

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

http://www.ddtdigest.com/updates/2000095m.htm - I could pick out the relevant part but really you need the whole detail

Match #8: Jeff Jarrett vs. Booker T. in a San Francisco 49'ers Match for the vacant WCW World Heavyweight Title

* There are poles at each turnbuckle, each of which holding up a box over ten feet in the air.
* One of thoses boxes has the world title.
* Bill: It would be funny if one box had a piñata.
* Jarrett enters first.
* From last week, Jeff Jarrett becomes by favorite wrestler that week for bashing Beetlejuice with his guitar.
* Booker comes out next.
* Booker takes off his shirt and hands it to an old lady.
* Jarrett attacks Booker outside the ring, signaling the bell.
* Jarrett jabs Booker with a chair.
* Back inside, Booker reverses a whip to the corner, but Jarrett gets in a clothesline afterward.
* Jarrett grabs a box, kicks it open and finds...
* A blow-up doll. What'd you expect from Russo booking?
* Booker whips Jarrett into a back elbow.
* Booker with a side slam.
* Booker grabs a second box, opens it and finds...
* A picture of Scott Hall.
* Jarrett charges but Booker nails him with the framed picture.
* Jarrett rolls outside next to the blow up doll.
* Booker goes for the third box, but Jarrett cuts him off.
* Jarrett dumps Booker and goes outside.
* Jarrett nails Booker with an empty box.
* Jarrett slams Booker on the rail.
* Jarrett breaks a box over Booker's head.
* Jarrett sends Booker into the announcer's booth.
* Jarrett stomps away as Madden screams for Jarrett to go for the box.
* Jarrett tries a piledriver but Booker counters with his own.
* And the table doesn't break. Ouch.
* Booker enters the ring as Jarrett takes a swig of some water laying at ringside.
* Booker goes for a box and finds the Coal Miners Glove from the "Spin The Wheel, Make The Deal" match from 1992.
* Jarrett trips Booker and crotches him on the ringpost, though.
* Jarrett steals the glove from Booker.
* Jarrett signals for Booker to get up, hits the ropes and nails his opponent in the chest.
* Jarrett celebrates instead of going for the win.
* Another shot to the midsection.
* Jarrett grabs a used box, goes to the middle rope and breaks it over Booker's head.
* Jarrett climbs up for the last box, but Booker cuts him off.
* Booker whips Jarrett, who avoids a dropkick by hanging on the ropes.
* Jarrett loads up the glove for another punch to the face.
* Both men are down and Mark Johnson counts to ten.
* Jarrett picks Booker up at eight.
* Jarrett with a whip and a sleeperhold after missing two clotheslines.
* Crowd chants for Booker T during the resthold, which Madden says is for Jarrett.
* Johnson raises the arm three times to usual results.
* Booker makes the comeback and does his own sleeperhold.
* But, since Booker is a face, he suffers a backdrop suplex.
* Johnson counts again, with Jarrett getting up at eight.
* Jarrett loads up the glove and goes to the corner with the box.
* Hey, just open the box! Duh!
* Booker blocks the top rope punch with a urinage.
* Booker goes for the box but Jarrett grabs his leg.
* Punches by Jarrett.
* Booker blocks The Stroke, gets the axe kick and Harlem Sidekick.
* Through this, Schiavone did the "Spinerooni!" chant, with Madden telling him to shut up. Heh.
* Jarrett counters Booker's attempt to win with a punch to the nuts.
* Booker tries a sidekick but gets crotched on the ropes.
* Outside, Jarrett looks for something under the ring but is unsuccessful.
* Jarrett piggybacks Booker and backdrops him.
* Jarrett goes for a guitar under the ring and he can't get it out for some reason.
* Jarrett goes up top UNDER THE LAST BOX.
* Beetlejuice comes out from nowhere and gives Jarrett some ballshots.
* Beetlejuice beats on Jarrett out of the ring.
* Booker opens the last box and gets the belt for the win!
* YOUR WINNER AND NEW/STILL WCW WORLD CHAMPION: Booker T in 13:02.
* Post-match, Scott Steiner comes in from behind with a lead pipe to the back.
* Jarrett throws Beetlejuice into the ring.
* Steiner puts the Recliner on Beetlejuice as we fade out...

Name Change
Oct 9, 2005

As apsouthern mentions, it was a dumb Russo gimmick match with MYSTERY POLES and one of them contained a picture of Scott Hall.

DEAR RICHARD
Feb 5, 2009

IT'S TIME FOR MY TOOLS

apsouthern posted:

http://www.ddtdigest.com/updates/2000095m.htm - I could pick out the relevant part but really you need the whole detail

Match #8: Jeff Jarrett vs. Booker T. in a San Francisco 49'ers Match for the vacant WCW World Heavyweight Title

* There are poles at each turnbuckle, each of which holding up a box over ten feet in the air.
* One of thoses boxes has the world title.
* Bill: It would be funny if one box had a piñata.
* Jarrett enters first.
* From last week, Jeff Jarrett becomes by favorite wrestler that week for bashing Beetlejuice with his guitar.
* Booker comes out next.
* Booker takes off his shirt and hands it to an old lady.
* Jarrett attacks Booker outside the ring, signaling the bell.
* Jarrett jabs Booker with a chair.
* Back inside, Booker reverses a whip to the corner, but Jarrett gets in a clothesline afterward.
* Jarrett grabs a box, kicks it open and finds...
* A blow-up doll. What'd you expect from Russo booking?
* Booker whips Jarrett into a back elbow.
* Booker with a side slam.
* Booker grabs a second box, opens it and finds...
* A picture of Scott Hall.
* Jarrett charges but Booker nails him with the framed picture.
* Jarrett rolls outside next to the blow up doll.
* Booker goes for the third box, but Jarrett cuts him off.
* Jarrett dumps Booker and goes outside.
* Jarrett nails Booker with an empty box.
* Jarrett slams Booker on the rail.
* Jarrett breaks a box over Booker's head.
* Jarrett sends Booker into the announcer's booth.
* Jarrett stomps away as Madden screams for Jarrett to go for the box.
* Jarrett tries a piledriver but Booker counters with his own.
* And the table doesn't break. Ouch.
* Booker enters the ring as Jarrett takes a swig of some water laying at ringside.
* Booker goes for a box and finds the Coal Miners Glove from the "Spin The Wheel, Make The Deal" match from 1992.
* Jarrett trips Booker and crotches him on the ringpost, though.
* Jarrett steals the glove from Booker.
* Jarrett signals for Booker to get up, hits the ropes and nails his opponent in the chest.
* Jarrett celebrates instead of going for the win.
* Another shot to the midsection.
* Jarrett grabs a used box, goes to the middle rope and breaks it over Booker's head.
* Jarrett climbs up for the last box, but Booker cuts him off.
* Booker whips Jarrett, who avoids a dropkick by hanging on the ropes.
* Jarrett loads up the glove for another punch to the face.
* Both men are down and Mark Johnson counts to ten.

Right around here is where my head did this---> :psyboom:

Did they really have countouts in pole matches?

Legit question: What were the rules of a normal ECW match? IIRC, they were contested under pinfall/submission rules, where you could use a weapon if need be. Am I right?

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

The A-Team Van posted:

Legit question: What were the rules of a normal ECW match? IIRC, they were contested under pinfall/submission rules, where you could use a weapon if need be. Am I right?

Right. Unless otherwise specified (a very rare occurrence), matches were no-countout and no-disqualification. Also, "need be" was "quite often."

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
Except every now and then there would be a Lance Storm or Benoit or whoever match that was just a straight up wrestling match. They didn't need to be no-dq or no-countout.

disaster pastor
May 1, 2007

Capsaicin posted:

Except every now and then there would be a Lance Storm or Benoit or whoever match that was just a straight up wrestling match. They didn't need to be no-dq or no-countout.

Though I'm pretty sure they were no-DQ, no-countout anyway, it just never came into play. I could be wrong, though.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Pretty sure Corino had a few matches with DQs and count outs during his "I'M OLD SCHOOL" heel run in ECW. Also might have outlawed throwing someone over the top rope for his matches.

reality_groove
Dec 27, 2007

Which is the best Money in the Bank ladder match?

Capsaicin
Nov 17, 2004

broof roof roof
All of them are generally pretty good, although WM25 has my favorite spot and the biggest "OH poo poo" spot.

My favorite spot was Mark Henry holding a ladder upright (that was folded in), and Kofi climbed that as Mark held it. Then Mark let go, caught Kofi as he felt, and WSS'ed him into the ladder. It was loving awesome.

Although WM24 also has Shelton going from a ladder onto a ladder bridge after Kennedy and Carlito tip it over. Then the two of them just sorta stare outside the ring for like, 10 seconds with their mouths wide open.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Capsaicin posted:

All of them are generally pretty good, although WM25 has my favorite spot and the biggest "OH poo poo" spot.

My favorite spot was Mark Henry holding a ladder upright (that was folded in), and Kofi climbed that as Mark held it. Then Mark let go, caught Kofi as he felt, and WSS'ed him into the ladder. It was loving awesome.

Although WM24 also has Shelton going from a ladder onto a ladder bridge after Kennedy and Carlito tip it over. Then the two of them just sorta stare outside the ring for like, 10 seconds with their mouths wide open.

Would this be the "OH poo poo" spot by any chance?

Top Bunk Wanker
Jan 31, 2005

Top Trump Anger

apsouthern posted:

Would this be the "OH poo poo" spot by any chance?

I liked his WM24 spot better, totally because of Carlito staring at Shelton and thinking "aw gently caress, did we actually kill him?"

Pneub
Mar 12, 2007

I'M THE DEVIL, AND I WILL WASH OVER THE EARTH AND THE SEAS WILL RUN RED WITH THE BLOOD OF ALL THE SINNERS

I AM REBORN

Honeymoon posted:

I liked his WM24 spot better, totally because of Carlito staring at Shelton and thinking "aw gently caress, did we actually kill him?"

Jay 2K Winger
Oct 10, 2007

What are you looking for?

Honeymoon posted:

Pneub posted:

Made all the better for Kennedy being all, "That briefcase is really high up there, oh wait, what's going on over here?"

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

EDIT:

I'm watching the Rise & Fall of WCW and during the Vader/Sting match from the Great American Bash 1992, they show Ron Simmons and Tony Schiavone sitting together, scouting the match. What was that about?

If I remember correctly Schiavone interviews Simmons earlier on the card where they talk about the fact that he gets a match against the winner of Vader-Sting.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

apsouthern posted:

WCW Stuff

Wow, just wow. Thanks for that. I just watched the match and it's seriously mind blowing (and not in a good way).

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Was Andre the biggest person to get slammed? I mean the McGuires were 750, but no one was scoopslamming them.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.

projecthalaxy posted:

Was Andre the biggest person to get slammed? I mean the McGuires were 750, but no one was scoopslamming them.

Yokozuna got scoopslammed by Lex Luger and Ahmed Johnson.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

projecthalaxy posted:

Viscera got scooped by Test -- in what was one of the most surprising and visually impressive God drat things I'd ever seen

CombineThresher
Apr 10, 2006

GIT R DONNE

Gotta love his face here.

"Really, guys? REALLY?"

Rusty Shackelford
Feb 7, 2005

MrBling posted:

If I remember correctly Schiavone interviews Simmons earlier on the card where they talk about the fact that he gets a match against the winner of Vader-Sting.

Did he ever get that match? When Simmons won the title from Vader 3 weeks later, it was after Sting was injured and couldn't face Vader. Watts had a lottery in the ring and Simmons won and went on to face Vader later in the show. It definitely wasn't a planned title shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrBling
Aug 21, 2003

Oozing machismo

Did he ever get that match? When Simmons won the title from Vader 3 weeks later, it was after Sting was injured and couldn't face Vader. Watts had a lottery in the ring and Simmons won and went on to face Vader later in the show. It definitely wasn't a planned title shot.

I can't remember. Harddrive crash ate all my nwa/wcw stuff or I'd check.