Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ZekeDenton
Sep 15, 2004
Some Dude
I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, but my friend recently obtained a Aironet 350 wireless B access point. I was wondering given the magic of IOS, could it be configured to to in reverse, say serve as a wireless bridge to allow an xbox onto the wireless network? Any advice would be appreciated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sojourner
Jun 6, 2007

Get In

RaptorFox posted:

I apologize if this is the wrong place to ask, but my friend recently obtained a Aironet 350 wireless B access point. I was wondering given the magic of IOS, could it be configured to to in reverse, say serve as a wireless bridge to allow an xbox onto the wireless network? Any advice would be appreciated.

If the 350B can be configured for bridging mode, then yes, yes it can! I've done just that with 1100/1130 AP's.

CrazyLittle
Sep 11, 2001

Clapping Larry

RaptorFox posted:

To my recollection, the the Cisco Aironet 350 AP is one of the devices that Cisco pretty much bought directly when they purchased the whole Aironet company. (Kinda like how all their VOIP stuff is really just a Sipura device renamed.) That device doesn't have the capability to join another existing wireless network in client mode like you would want it to, in order to create a wired segment for your xbox. Those boxes didn't really have IOS like the routers and switches when I used them back in 2001. They just had a simplified serial console and a web gui.

Sojourner
Jun 6, 2007

Get In

CrazyLittle posted:

To my recollection, the the Cisco Aironet 350 AP is one of the devices that Cisco pretty much bought directly when they purchased the whole Aironet company. (Kinda like how all their VOIP stuff is really just a Sipura device renamed.) That device doesn't have the capability to join another existing wireless network in client mode like you would want it to, in order to create a wired segment for your xbox. Those boxes didn't really have IOS like the routers and switches when I used them back in 2001. They just had a simplified serial console and a web gui.

I did little research this morning, and what this man says is the truth. Though they do make a 350 series wireless bridge, it is a separate appliance.

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default
Anyone have any experience configuring SSH access to an 1130AG? The documentation is pretty confusing. I just want to authenticate locally.

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Richard Noggin posted:

Anyone have any experience configuring SSH access to an 1130AG? The documentation is pretty confusing. I just want to authenticate locally.

not specific to 1130, but:

generate rsa keys with crypto cmds (requires hostname/ip domain-name to be set)
create user(s)
set up aaa authorization (exec)/authentication (login) to use local
turn on "login" on vtys

http://www.ciscosystems.org.ro/application/pdf/paws/68789/ssh_enable_ap.pdf is for the 1200 but it should be similar.

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default
Can you elaborate on how to turn on login on vtys? Here's what I have:

code:
Building configuration...

Current configuration : 2492 bytes
!
version 12.4
no service pad
service timestamps debug datetime msec
service timestamps log datetime msec
service password-encryption
!
hostname ap-guest-1
!
enable secret 5 xxxxxxxxxx
enable password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
!
aaa new-model
!
!
aaa authentication login default local none
!
aaa session-id common
ip domain name domain.name
!
!

dot11 ssid Guest
   vlan 3
   authentication open
   authentication key-management wpa
   guest-mode
   wpa-psk ascii 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxx
!
power inline negotiation prestandard source
!
!
username Cisco privilege 7 password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
username test privilege 15 password 7 xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
!
bridge irb
!
!
interface Dot11Radio0
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 !
 encryption mode ciphers tkip
 !
 encryption vlan 3 mode ciphers tkip
 !
 ssid Guest
 !
 speed  basic-1.0 2.0 5.5 11.0 6.0 9.0 12.0 18.0 24.0 36.0 48.0 54.0
 station-role root
!
interface Dot11Radio0.1
 encapsulation dot1Q 1 native
 no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 1
 bridge-group 1 subscriber-loop-control
 bridge-group 1 block-unknown-source
 no bridge-group 1 source-learning
 no bridge-group 1 unicast-flooding
 bridge-group 1 spanning-disabled
!
interface Dot11Radio0.3
 encapsulation dot1Q 3
 no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 1
!
interface Dot11Radio1
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 shutdown
 no dfs band block
 channel dfs
 station-role root
 bridge-group 1
!
interface FastEthernet0
 no ip address
 no ip route-cache
 duplex auto
 speed auto
!
interface FastEthernet0.1
 encapsulation dot1Q 1 native
 no ip route-cache
 bridge-group 1
!
interface FastEthernet0.3
 encapsulation dot1Q 3
 no ip route-cache
!
interface BVI1
 ip address 192.168.1.2 255.255.255.0
 no ip route-cache
!
ip default-gateway 192.168.1.1
ip http server
no ip http secure-server
ip http help-path [url]http://www.cisco.com/warp/public/779/smbiz/prodconfig/help/eag[/url]
bridge 1 route ip
!
!
!
line con 0
line vty 0 4
 rotary 1
 no exec
 transport input all
!
end
I know there's some hosed up stuff in here.

Richard Noggin fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Nov 18, 2009

ragzilla
Sep 9, 2005
don't ask me, i only work here

Richard Noggin posted:

Can you elaborate on how to turn on login on vtys? Here's what I have:

code:
line vty 0 15
  login
did you generate rsa keys yet?

also you may want to turn off 'no exec' on the vtys if you want people to be able to ssh/telnet in.

Richard Noggin
Jun 6, 2005
Redneck By Default

ragzilla posted:

also you may want to turn off 'no exec' on the vtys if you want people to be able to ssh/telnet in.

Ah, removing 'no exec' did the trick. Thanks!

thiscommercialsucks
Jun 13, 2009

by T. Mascis

adorai posted:

In my specific situation this is more in regard to procurve gear, but I think it is the same as cisco as far as this goes.

I am trying to set up spanning tree, and I need to know two things:
1) does my spanning tree config have to have the same name on all switches in order to work properly
2) will changing the spanning tree config name result in a temporary loss of connectivity like adding a vlan does?

STP runs on a per-vlan basis and is not like VTP, in that the "VTP Domain" name needs to be the same across all participating switches.

i'm not sure what you're referring to when you say "the spanning tree config name," could you be more specific?

edit: also i'm wondering, in what manner are you "setting up" STP? i would suggest just giving one switch a low priority (per vlan), so that it's elected root bridge, and then leave everything else alone.

thiscommercialsucks fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Nov 19, 2009

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

Not exactly Cisco related, but uh, merry Christmas to me. So happy to dump Checkpoint.

Click here for the full 600x800 image.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
We just received a server from a vendor that needs remote access. We have an ASA 5510 that I created the VPN Group/Policy for. From the vendor's local machine(s), the only piece of equipment they can get to is their server. That server is in our "server vlan". I have two questions:

1. How do I specify an external ip range that is allowed to connect to the vpn using the policy/group I created for the vendor? I used ASDM to create the policy and split tunnel rules. Basically I don't want Joe Schmoe to have all the VPN credentials stored in a text file on his laptop, lose the laptop, and someone have access to the remote server from anywhere outside the vendor's network. edit: actually, I probably shouldn't have the associated vpn user enabled unless they need access so I know who is getting remote access in and when.

2. I want to create some ACLs on the switch that the server is plugged into. Once the vendor RDPs into the server, I don't want them to be able to access any network resources outside of internet access for windows updates. I was thinking of a named extended list assigned to the physical switchport. Students will have to access this server via port 80. I was thinking something like

code:
Extended IP access list ProtectServer1
10 permit tcp host 192.168.12.23 any eq 80
20 permit tcp host 192.168.12.23 any eq 443
30 permit tcp any 192.168.12.23 eq 80
40 permit tcp any 192.168.12.23 eq 3389
deny ip any any
I basically have no experience with doing ACLs on IOS, and it's all me here, so any advice or suggestions would be great.

thiscommercialsucks
Jun 13, 2009

by T. Mascis

InferiorWang posted:

We just received a server from a vendor that needs remote access. We have an ASA 5510 that I created the VPN Group/Policy for. From the vendor's local machine(s), the only piece of equipment they can get to is their server. That server is in our "server vlan". I have two questions:

1. How do I specify an external ip range that is allowed to connect to the vpn using the policy/group I created for the vendor?
I don't know anything about VPNs except their basic functionality. Sorry. However it seems like an ACL would be appropriate in this case too-

1)an inbound extended ACL allowing access to the VPN tcp port from the customer's network
2)then allowing all other traffic on non-VPN tcp ports (so that you don't implicit deny all traffic)
3)and then the implicit denial, which would drop all remaining traffic (which would be all non-customers-network traffic destined for your VPN TCP port.)
4)ACL is placed as an inbound ACL on the interface closest to the REMOTE customer's network. that is, on your WAN facing interface. just don't accidentally block everything

But like I said, I'm just pulling that one out of my rear end.

quote:

2. I want to create some ACLs on the switch that the server is plugged into. Once the vendor RDPs into the server, I don't want them to be able to access any network resources outside of internet access for windows updates. I was thinking of a named extended list assigned to the physical switchport. Students will have to access this server via port 80. I was thinking something like

I don't think you can do an outbound ACL on a layer 2 switchport. So your ACL limiting the server's access to only port 80/443 becomes something you create as an "incoming" ACL for your router ethernet port facing the switch, looking more like this:

Router(config)#access-list 101

10 permit ip host 192.168.12.23 <microsoft's-summary-network-address> established
20 deny ip host 192.168.12.23 any
30 permit ip any any

and you'd apply that as an inbound ACL using

Router(config)#interface fa0/1 or whatever router interface is facing your switch
Router(config-if)#ip access-group 101 in

If you're running a layer 3 switch then just take the same ACL and place it as an outbound ACL on the server's switchport (fa0/26 or whatever it's plugged into.) Are all of your various customers' servers in the same VLAN? Hopefully not.

edit: aaaaand look how gay i am

thiscommercialsucks fucked around with this message at 03:10 on Nov 20, 2009

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
It's a 4507R. It's our core router and an access switch using a couple of copper blades.

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

InferiorWang posted:

It's a 4507R. It's our core router and an access switch using a couple of copper blades.

If they are RDP'ing into the box, then they will have access to any resources that server vlan has allowed unless you build a vACL to prevent the box from talking to other boxes in the same subnet (vlan). Once they access the box, they are sourced as the boxes local IP, not their remote systems IP.

Build a VPN policy that only permits their local IPs behind the VPN tunnel to only access this server. Then build a vACL that restrict that boxes local traffic. You can do an ACL at the router/vlan interface, but that will not stop the server from talking in its own subnet (vlan).

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006

routenull0 posted:

If they are RDP'ing into the box, then they will have access to any resources that server vlan has allowed unless you build a vACL to prevent the box from talking to other boxes in the same subnet (vlan). Once they access the box, they are sourced as the boxes local IP, not their remote systems IP.

Build a VPN policy that only permits their local IPs behind the VPN tunnel to only access this server. Then build a vACL that restrict that boxes local traffic. You can do an ACL at the router/vlan interface, but that will not stop the server from talking in its own subnet (vlan).

Right, that was the whole problem. Doing the split tunnel at the VPN is easy enough, but once you're RDPed into the server, you can access whatever in the VLAN. I'll look into vACLs. Thanks

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
I'm just screwing around on a catalyst 3550 sitting in my office. I have my laptop plugged into a port assigned to vlan 11. My config has these entries:

code:
vlan access-map forward-igmp 10
 action forward
 match ip address igmp-match
vlan filter forward-igmp vlan-list 11

ip access-list extended igmp-match
 permit igmp any any
When I apply this to the VLAN using the vlan filter command, it kills all traffic from my laptop to anything. I had though that having the igmp permit statement, that I would be able to ping out to a host on another vlan, just not get to any remote resource etc. Any thoughts?

edit: :facepalm: I realized, while standing in line for lunch, that igmp isn't icmp.

Boner Buffet fucked around with this message at 18:23 on Nov 20, 2009

Casimirus
Mar 28, 2005
Yes.

InferiorWang posted:

I'm just screwing around on a catalyst 3550 sitting in my office. I have my laptop plugged into a port assigned to vlan 11. My config has these entries:

code:
vlan access-map forward-igmp 10
 action forward
 match ip address igmp-match
vlan filter forward-igmp vlan-list 11

ip access-list extended igmp-match
 permit igmp any any
When I apply this to the VLAN using the vlan filter command, it kills all traffic from my laptop to anything. I had though that having the igmp permit statement, that I would be able to ping out to a host on another vlan, just not get to any remote resource etc. Any thoughts?
IGMP isn't ICMP?

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006

Casimirus posted:

IGMP isn't ICMP?

Exactly.

jwh
Jun 12, 2002

InferiorWang posted:

One thing to keep in mind with VACLs, just to save you frustration down the road, is that your various ACLs that will eventually deny traffic, must be written to permit the traffic. In other words, if you want to drop all port 80 traffic with a VACL, you need to write an ACL that permits port 80 traffic, such as:

access-list 100 permit tcp any any eq 80

And then apply the "action drop" command under the VACL sequence.

This is different than writing a normal ACL to drop traffic on a routed interface, and it can be confusing for people coming from a conventional ACL background.

You may have already been aware of this, but I figured it was worth mentioning.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
I didn't realize that. Thanks jwh.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
Can you only filter a vlan with one access map?

code:
vlan access-map forward-icmp 20
 action forward
 match ip address icmp-h1h2
vlan access-map drop-icmp 21
 action drop
 match ip address icmp-drop
vlan filter forward-icmp vlan-list 11

ip access-list extended icmp-drop
 permit icmp any any
ip access-list extended icmp-h1h2
 permit icmp host 192.168.2.4 host 10.1.3.101
 permit icmp host 10.1.3.101 host 192.168.2.4
vlan filter forward-icmp vlan-list 11

If I try to add vlan filter drop-icmp vlan-list 11, it overwrites the original. So I should assume that for each access-map, there is going to be one access-list, because you can only match a single access map to a single access list and filter on a vlan only using a single access map?

Casimirus
Mar 28, 2005
Yes.
I don't know the advanced answer but I think you want to put all of that in one access-map, with different matches and actions for each sequence number, e.g.

vlan access-map mymap 10
match whatever
action forward
vlan access-map mymap 20
match whatever2
action drop

then apply the one access-map. I don't whether or not you can apply more than one access-map though.

InferiorWang posted:

you can only match a single access map to a single access list

This is the part maybe you're confused about, unless there's a reason you can't put everything into one.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006

Casimirus posted:

I don't know the advanced answer but I think you want to put all of that in one access-map, with different matches and actions for each sequence number, e.g.

vlan access-map mymap 10
match whatever
action forward
vlan access-map mymap 20
match whatever2
action drop

then apply the one access-map. I don't whether or not you can apply more than one access-map though.

This is the part maybe you're confused about, unless there's a reason you can't put everything into one.

I think the matches with sequence numbers was the concept I was missing. Thanks Casimirus.

Drumstick
Jun 20, 2006
Lord of cacti
Okay, Bigish problem.

Installing a new IOS. We did back up the original IOS. We tried to install the newest version for the 2801 routers. We had a not enough memory message and decided to format flash.

Now when we are trying to install the newest or the backed up IOS using ftp we are getting a socket error. Any advice?

Edit

Nevermind. we got the original IOS back on.

Drumstick fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Nov 21, 2009

falz
Jan 29, 2005

01100110 01100001 01101100 01111010

Drumstick posted:

not enough memory

Use Cisco Feature Navigator in the future to download software. It will tell you the minimum RAM/Flash for your image as well as a bunch of other stuff.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
Thanks for the ACL help.

For the Cisco VPN admins, how do you control vendor access? There doesn't seem to be an easy way to disable a vpn user account without removing it all together on our ASA 5510. I'd like the vendors to have to contact me or someone else in my department before they can authenticate to the VPN.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

InferiorWang posted:

Thanks for the ACL help.

For the Cisco VPN admins, how do you control vendor access? There doesn't seem to be an easy way to disable a vpn user account without removing it all together on our ASA 5510. I'd like the vendors to have to contact me or someone else in my department before they can authenticate to the VPN.

I usually tie VPN authentication to a back-end RADIUS server, so it's pretty easy to enable/disable accounts.

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

jbusbysack posted:

I usually tie VPN authentication to a back-end RADIUS server, so it's pretty easy to enable/disable accounts.

Yeah we always made their user accounts in Active Directory, that way they had to contact helpdesk to get in.

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006

routenull0 posted:

Yeah we always made their user accounts in Active Directory, that way they had to contact helpdesk to get in.

Do you use a direct ldap hook, or a radius server in between?

H.R. Paperstacks
May 1, 2006

This is America
My president is black
and my Lambo is blue

InferiorWang posted:

Do you use a direct ldap hook, or a radius server in between?

We had a Win2000 domain when I did it, but we ran and IAS front-end that pushed auth against AD. I might be different for newer Windows domains now.

Sojourner
Jun 6, 2007

Get In

routenull0 posted:

We had a Win2000 domain when I did it, but we ran and IAS front-end that pushed auth against AD. I might be different for newer Windows domains now.

This is how it is for windows server 2003.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

Sojourner posted:

This is how it is for windows server 2003.

For 08 it's the same concept, just with NPS.

Tremblay
Oct 8, 2002
More dog whistles than a Petco
You can do that if you'd like to. ASA can also hook AD directly (it supports LDAP for AAA).

evilZardoz
Feb 3, 2007
Titled at E55 while drunken

Sojourner posted:

I did little research this morning, and what this man says is the truth. Though they do make a 350 series wireless bridge, it is a separate appliance.

This is true - however you can get an IOS image for the 350 series APs. There is even a conversion tool available to upgrade a VxWorks-based 350 to run IOS on it:

cisco AIR-AP350-IOS-UPGRD (PowerPC860) processor with 14838K/1536K bytes of memory.
PowerPC860 CPU at 49Mhz, revision number 0x0000
Last reset from power-on
1 FastEthernet interface
1 802.11 Radio(s)

32K bytes of flash-simulated non-volatile configuration memory.
Base ethernet MAC Address: 00:40:96:58:C8:FC
Product/Model Number : AIR-AP350-IOS-UPGRD

These make amazing 802.11b APs due to their 100mW radios (they basically use the Aironet 350 PC card internally). Only thing to watch for is the thermals - the only time I've seen these units act up has been when the card inside has suffered damage due to heat.

jbusbysack
Sep 6, 2002
i heart syd

Tremblay posted:

You can do that if you'd like to. ASA can also hook AD directly (it supports LDAP for AAA).

code snippet:

aaa-server Chicago_Radius protocol radius
aaa-server Chicago_Radius (inside) host x.x.x.x
key XXXXX
radius-common-pw XXXXX
aaa-server Chicago_Radius (inside) host x.x.x.x
key XXXXX
radius-common-pw XXXXX
aaa authentication ssh console Chicago_Radius LOCAL
aaa authentication http console Chicago_Radius LOCAL
aaa authentication enable console Chicago_Radius LOCAL

group-policy CHI_Remote_Access internal
group-policy CHI_Remote_Access attributes
wins-server value x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
dns-server value x.x.x.x x.x.x.x
vpn-tunnel-protocol IPSec
split-tunnel-policy tunnelspecified
split-tunnel-network-list value CHI_Remote_Access_splitTunnelAcl
default-domain value xxx.net

tunnel-group CHI_Remote_Access type remote-access
tunnel-group CHI_Remote_Access general-attributes
address-pool CHI_RA_POOL
authentication-server-group Chicago_Radius
default-group-policy CHI_Remote_Access
tunnel-group CHI_Remote_Access ipsec-attributes
pre-shared-key *

You would then need to configure IAS/NPS (depending on server version) to authenticate properly for that policy.

Short list of policy to match:
list the device (ASA) as a RADIUS client w/PSK
Username is in a valid usergroup
MS-CHAPv2

Casimirus
Mar 28, 2005
Yes.
Can anyone compare the QoS exam for the CCIP to the ONT exam for the CCNP? The ONT is very short on material, they pad it out with SDM stuff but it's still short, and I feel like if there was anything more to QoS they'd put it on the ONT. I also see the overlap between MPLS and ISCW, and BGP and BSCI, is the CCIP just a gimme after the CCNP?

Boner Buffet
Feb 16, 2006
Anyone here with any experience doing the initial setup of a catalyst express switch with Windows 7? There seems to be an issue pulling DHCP from that model of switch(it's the web interface configuration).

ate shit on live tv
Feb 15, 2004

by Azathoth

Casimirus posted:

Can anyone compare the QoS exam for the CCIP to the ONT exam for the CCNP? The ONT is very short on material, they pad it out with SDM stuff but it's still short, and I feel like if there was anything more to QoS they'd put it on the ONT. I also see the overlap between MPLS and ISCW, and BGP and BSCI, is the CCIP just a gimme after the CCNP?

Yep pretty much. Though for the CCIP you still need the BSCI, BGP, MPLS, QOS. Instead of BCMSN, ONT, ISCW. Really the difference is that the CCNP is more general for technical sales stuff, but the CCIP is more "practical" "real" stuff. So as a result, fewer people bother with the CCIP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Casimirus posted:

The CCNP is going to be overhauled probably early 2010 so if you plan on doing that route, you should try to do it before the end of January. They are probably removing the ONT outright and probably the ISCW and replacing it with a troubleshooting exam.