Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Amethyst Citrine
Oct 2, 2009
Telephone will most certainly be the next single, and it will most certainly blow that lovely Video Phone PV out of the water.

Yeah, I liked the Gaga part with the coordinated chair dance, but all that other poo poo...was just loving strange. I fail to see the correlation between retro pin-up and taping a ho on your video phone. Did anyone else think the video looked completely cheap and retarded?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Val
Jul 11, 2003

I cannot stop listening to her music. It's compulsive. But I don't mind.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh my God "Video Phone" is a horrible song. The lyrics sound like they were written by somebody desperately trying to be into "what those teens like!"

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Not that this has anything to do with Gaga, but every Beyoncé video recently has been "'Single Ladies' did really well, :regd08:"

It really makes you appreciate the thought Gaga puts into her own videos.

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 09:14 on Nov 19, 2009

ArmoredBlue
Jul 1, 2007

Furthering the gay Mexican agenda.

Inspector_71 posted:

Oh my God "Video Phone" is a horrible song. The lyrics sound like they were written by somebody desperately trying to be into "what those teens like!"

I think Beyonce realized how much better Telephone is going to do and that the best way for her to increase her mileage is to get Gaga on board and hopefully confuse people into listening to her song when they look for Telephone.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
New footage of her pre-gaga stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM&feature=player_embedded God drat this is good. She needs to do these as Lady Gaga songs.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Diamonds posted:

She needs to do these as Lady Gaga songs.

On posted:

MY posted:

Fish posted:

^That.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
Holy gently caress.

TheBigBudgetSequel
Nov 25, 2008

It's not who I am underneath, but what I do that defines me.

Inspector_71 posted:

Good loving God, you aren't kidding. Also, the video for it is awful. It has no style. at all. It refuses to be anything but Beyonce in awful outfits dancing.

:barf:

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!
The verse piano part to Captivated is exactly what she plays to Poker Face when she plays it acoustic.

Interesting.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Doctor Claw posted:

The verse piano part to Captivated is exactly what she plays to Poker Face when she plays it acoustic.

Interesting.

The chorus to Captivated is very very VERY close to a song I wrote about five years ago called Jaded.

I'm a little freaked out.

Lady Gaga
Sep 20, 2009
Yay a thread about me :)

But no really, Bad Romance has like this huge buzz on my campus. I do makeup for shows and I had my laptop out playing some videos for my actress while I got her made up and I turn around and half the cast is watching, entranced by it. I walk through the cafe every day and hear people talking about her and the video. Bad Romance is just such a friggin' good song.

a milk crime
Jun 30, 2007

Murky Waters
big business man
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSw386V5tmc
(Its an interview with vibe.com)

She's pretty much amazing. I really like her voice.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

2nd mezz, row B, seats 401 and 402 :woop:

Doctor Claw
Dec 25, 2007
I'll get you next time Gadget - next time!

a milk crime posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSw386V5tmc
(Its an interview with vibe.com)

She's pretty much amazing. I really like her voice.

I wish haters could see that interview with an open mind.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Every day I get more sad that she isn't coming anywhere near Dallas

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

New footage of her pre-gaga stuff http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NM51qOpwcIM&feature=player_embedded God drat this is good. She needs to do these as Lady Gaga songs.
What the.

Also, I just saw the 'Bad Romance' music video. I don't think there's any question at this point that there is no penis.

Crows Turn Off fucked around with this message at 22:50 on Nov 20, 2009

Triple Tech
Jul 28, 2006

So what, are you quitting to join Homo Explosion?
Hmm, finally made it through the thread, and I have to say I went through all those steps. I'm not sure how ironically I like Lady Gaga. Maybe I actually like her now?

My one beef with Bad Romance is that is sounds like it drags. Like it's slightly under its ideal tempo. I was talking to a fagoon about it and he made a sped up version of it for me and I think it sits a lot better since it drives instead of slops along. But yeah it's catchy.

I'm glad you're receiving her rerelease so well, I'll have to pick it up.

hilly
May 26, 2005

Triple Tech posted:

Hmm, finally made it through the thread, and I have to say I went through all those steps.

Denial, anger, bargaining, despair, acceptance?

Triple Tech
Jul 28, 2006

So what, are you quitting to join Homo Explosion?

hilly posted:

Denial, anger, bargaining, despair, acceptance?

I don't really like Lady Gaga. She's so stupid and weird! I will say half her album is quite good. Oh my god I might be gay. You know what, I'm going to buy those Lady Gaga tickets and I don't care what the guys at the lodge think.

/sashays away

Instantoxen
Apr 22, 2006

Triple Tech posted:

Hmm, finally made it through the thread, and I have to say I went through all those steps. I'm not sure how ironically I like Lady Gaga. Maybe I actually like her now?

My one beef with Bad Romance is that is sounds like it drags.

My one beef with bad romance is that I grew up on 80s pop due to having parents with limited musical taste. So while I enjoy most of the catchy aspects of the song, I feel like I've heard all of them before, some so vividly that I could probably figure out what songs it sounds like she's ripping off. The thing is, a lot of things about LG impress me but I see a lot more potential in her songwriting than what she has currently chosen to display. I mean she's even flat out mentioned that some of her biggest hits were written in 10 minutes. It's like the music is nothing but a vehicle to win fans so she can justify her stage show to whoever is banking her.

I've probably thought about this too much.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

No she's pretty much said just that

hilly
May 26, 2005
Well, after watching the Bad Romance video for a week straight, I have come down to a few scientific FACTS:

1. Needs to be in HD.

2. LG's carpet definitely doesn't match the drapes in the video.

3. She has some decidedly full-figured backup dancers.

4. She's not afraid to look like Hedwig-scale unattractive. Oddly, this makes her sexier. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

hilly posted:

4. She's not afraid to look like Hedwig-scale unattractive. Oddly, this makes her sexier. HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE?

Lady Gaga posted:

I’m not trying to make your dick hard the way other girls are. I’m trying to teach your dick to get hard when it looks at other things.

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

I've been watching/listening to her stuff so much that my girlfriend thinks I'm in love with her or gay.

I can't get Speechless out of my head.

THIZZFACE KILLA
Oct 19, 2004

nigga dis my twizz face
the full figured backup dancers are men. Like half those chicks in the back are dudes. lady gaga owns.

happyflurple
Oct 31, 2006

Yeah so Bad Romance is like my favourite song now.

kifreak
May 3, 2005

Bozz posted:

I've been watching/listening to her stuff so much that my girlfriend thinks I'm in love with her or gay.

I'm so afraid this will happen to me. I gush about Lady Gaga more than my girlfriend does, and I won't lie, it makes me a little self-conscious.

reagan
Apr 29, 2008

by Lowtax
They are now playing Bad Romance in dive bars. It has begun.

mother spacelord
Apr 25, 2007

hilly posted:

Well, after watching the Bad Romance video for a week straight, I have come down to a few scientific FACTS:

2. LG's carpet definitely doesn't match the drapes in the video.

when do we see the "carpet?" also the girl changes her hair so much i wouldnt be surprised if shes pulling a hannah montana and putting on a wig every night.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

mother spacelord posted:

when do we see the "carpet?" also the girl changes her hair so much i wouldnt be surprised if shes pulling a hannah montana and putting on a wig every night.

No, really. Her hair has been dyed blonde in that video for the most part. She's really a brunette.

hilly
May 26, 2005

mother spacelord posted:

She flips her skirt up at 1:06. In the mirror are what appear to be very dark pubes.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

hilly posted:

She flips her skirt up at 1:06. In the mirror are what appear to be very dark pubes.

Wouldn't it be much more likely you are seeing panties?

warez
Mar 13, 2003

HOLA FANTA DONT CHA WANNA?
Or... A shadow? Do you really think that she could get away with flashing the goods like that in a music video to be seem by millions of people?

A SHAMEFUL CAT
Jan 20, 2009

~*confused dog noize*~

hilly posted:

You have an interesting way of watching music videos, though I will whole-heartedly agree with your fourth point.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Soundboz posted:

Or... A shadow? Do you really think that she could get away with flashing the goods like that in a music video to be seem by millions of people?

Nah I'm pretty sure it's her gangly daddy-longlegs peekin out

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Speechless live on the AMAs will give you a Gagasm. Seriously.

YEAH DOG
Sep 24, 2009

you wanna join my
primitive noise band?
I spent an hour on Lady Gaga's youtube channel

I want her to want me :shobon:

e: she looks like she's having so much fun in all of her videos, it's infectious!

YEAH DOG fucked around with this message at 04:26 on Nov 23, 2009

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.

weekly font posted:

Speechless live on the AMAs will give you a Gagasm. Seriously.

Whoa. Those skeleton outfits were awesome. And Speechless was Gagasm-inducing, yes. I have not had such a loving crush on a musician since Jon Knight of New Kids On The Block, back in like 1989. I would go so gay for Lady Gaga...oh man.

appleskates fucked around with this message at 05:57 on Nov 23, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755
Hey, she's dressed as a Giger Alien!

• Locked thread