Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Obligatory Toast posted:

No, I'm pretty sure it isn't.

To the contrary, I am pretty sure it is censored.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
This performance of Just Dance is still phenomenal.

Triple Tech
Jul 28, 2006

So what, are you quitting to join Homo Explosion?
When I hear Just Dance, I think of her appearance on the 2008 Miss Universe competition and the fashion "stomp" walk.

Also, in the music video for LoveGame, it feels like she's evoking multiple idols, but I'm not sure who. Three influences that stand out for me, and are not necessarily tied to the idols I think she's imitating... 1) The chain mail mask makes me think of King Arthur, or some sort of knighthood. 2) Being the head of an underground gang makes me think of Callisto featured in the Fox X-men series. 3) That light staff makes me think of Gandalf the Great/White/Shark.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Blodskur posted:

This performance of Just Dance is still phenomenal.

It's rather inappropriate to have Lady Gaga on "So you think you can dance?" Truthbetold, her dancing is the weakest part of her act, though it's finally catching up

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Sockser posted:

To the contrary, I am pretty sure it is censored.

I bought my version from iTunes. It is not censored.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Triple Tech posted:

Also, in the music video for LoveGame, it feels like she's evoking multiple idols, but I'm not sure who. Three influences that stand out for me, and are not necessarily tied to the idols I think she's imitating... 1) The chain mail mask makes me think of King Arthur, or some sort of knighthood. 2) Being the head of an underground gang makes me think of Callisto featured in the Fox X-men series. 3) That light staff makes me think of Gandalf the Great/White/Shark.

Those are interesting suppositions, especially the concept of idols and the Gandalf comparison because I thought the same things, especially with the motif of transformation. Since my article is apparently quarantined for review or something, this is the excerpt on LoveGame (I feel bad that I actually gave it short shrift compared to some of her other videos)

quote:

Directed by Joseph Kahn back-to-back with “Eh Eh”, “LoveGame” continues the thematic trend of Gaga as invader, starting with her gang of dancers charging through Times Square; they heft a manhole cover branded with the words “Haus of Gaga.” The sanitized and glittery New York of today is contrasted with the deliberately anachronistic and raw gang outfits straight out of the New York of the 1970s and 1980s. Much of the video is a direct homage to the video for Michael Jackson’s “Bad,” which was a display of a pop musician and his dancers flouting boundaries and challenging authority. In “LoveGame” this challenging of authority ranges from jumping subway turnstiles to Gaga co-opting the police with the sheer force of her sexuality. While every Lady Gaga video features numerous costume changes, in “LoveGame” there are three distinct fashion styles used by Gaga to illustrate specific elements of the video’s core theme of sexual expression and dominance. The first is used in the opening of the video, as Gaga brings her gang of dancers all around her. Dressed in light colors to make her stand out from the crowd, she is also hooded and hides her eyes behind a fence-like mesh. Lady Gaga wields her discostick like a scepter, and all eyes follow its bright light as she waves it around. The effect of the whole ensemble is to make Gaga seem ethereal or even magical; although she is surrounded by athletic, towering men, the diminutive Gaga is clearly the dominant figure in the space.

The second style is employed outside the main narrative and intercut throughout the video: Gaga is engaged in a liaison with two men on a subway bench, and she is fully nude save for being covered with shiny makeup and jewels. As in the couch shots from “Poker Face,” Gaga claims the power position. Even though she is naked and ostensibly vulnerable, she remains the dominant force; the men have the words “Love” and “Fame” shaved into their hair, and they are passive – almost symbolic – playthings for Gaga. Like the “Haus of Gaga” inscribed into the manhole cover at the top of the video, Gaga is physically carving her presence and style into the world. The makeup gives her an angelic or alien appearance; she is transcending concepts of shame or modesty.

Lady Gaga transforms into the third style during a ride on the subway (the symbolic meaning of trains speeding through tunnels being almost hilariously blatant). She goes from a light-colored outfit to the leather and dark colors of her gang, taking on the markers of counterculture and subversion before her confrontation with the police. Her dance moves incorporate furiously pounding her fists on the hood of a car, almost challenging authority to come and get her. Authority responds and the police swoop in, apprehending the members of her gang. But Gaga gets the upper hand, and the officers become enthralled with her. The most subversive element of the video is almost subtle enough to go unnoticed; consider that most representations of homosexuality are still tainted with a sense of “otherness.” When female homosexuality is deployed in pop music, it is usually as a source of titillation for male viewers (such as in Katy Perry’s “I Kissed a Girl”) or purely for its shock value (such as the kiss between Britney Spears and Madonna). However in “LoveGame” not only is Gaga fawned over by both a male and a female cop, the quick cuts and flowing camera movement between each liaison give both equal weight; the man and the woman are practically interchangeable in Gaga’s eyes, and gender is merely another boundary to transcend in her sexual expression. This idea continues into the final section of the video, where Gaga pays homage to Michael Jackson by appropriating his iconic crotch-grabbing dance moves. Gaga not only uses the move forcefully and aggressively, she incorporates a fist held high in the air, an unmistakable signifier of power and authority. “LoveGame” displays a Lady Gaga fully confident in her expressive sexuality, able to use it as another tool in her stylistic palette.
And for comparison:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X4lec8et628

Edit: Although since writing that I found out that I had missed Gaga's inspiration for the final outfit in the video, which was the Nazi outfit in The Night Porter, a film about the collision of sex and authority. The hat also features a mesh similar to her mask in the beginning, possibly recalling fences or containment. Perhaps the final sequence is about Gaga seizing control and becoming a dominant force? Not sure.

CharlieFoxtrot fucked around with this message at 00:09 on Dec 1, 2009

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Pyrolocutus posted:

Just for clarification, is the iTunes version of Bad Romance censored?
What kind of censoring? Just the word "bitch" or is there some version that is really explicit or something?

Full Battle Rattle
Aug 29, 2009

As long as the times refuse to change, we're going to make a hell of a racket.
Lady Gaga is almost exactly what I thought music would sound like in the future.

ToxicWind
May 23, 2006

Impossible! There is no intelligent life form capable of escaping the labyrinth of the multiverse!
After seeing all these videos from the tour I'm really sad she isn't coming to Denver this year... I managed to not pick up tickets fast enough last year like an idiot and it is coming back to bite me in the rear end. Hopefully there are extra dates added at the end of the tour or something, doubt it though. It really sucks because I actually managed to get a bunch of my straight friends actually REALLY into her music.

Dance in the Dark is really a fantastic song, it sounds so 80s and just works throughout, all the other songs on the album are equally awesome, but that song really just does something for me.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Well, I just purchased my tickets for her show on Dec. 19th in San Diego.

Has anybody seen any of the shows on this tour? Does it open with Who Shot Candy Warhol and Pop Heart and the whole Pop Music Will Never Be Low Brow video? I kinda wanna see something new, but I'm also dying to see that live.

ToxicWind
May 23, 2006

Impossible! There is no intelligent life form capable of escaping the labyrinth of the multiverse!

Advice posted:

Well, I just purchased my tickets for her show on Dec. 19th in San Diego.

Has anybody seen any of the shows on this tour? Does it open with Who Shot Candy Warhol and Pop Heart and the whole Pop Music Will Never Be Low Brow video? I kinda wanna see something new, but I'm also dying to see that live.

From what I have seen it opens with a new intro featuring dance in the dark, actually.

Sadly the only "decent" video I have seen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CiKfSPR0cds&hd=1 (Spoilers of course if you are going...)

ToxicWind fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Dec 1, 2009

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Ooh, exciting. I'll go ahead and not watch that for my own benefit.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

I love spoilers for movies and stuff but I feel like I need to be surprised by the spectacle she probably has planned for her Monsters.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

weekly font posted:

I love spoilers for movies and stuff but I feel like I need to be surprised by the spectacle she probably has planned for her Monsters.

I was rather miffed that I knew the setlist because of this thread. Definitely took some of the fun out of it!

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007
STUPID MINORITIES ALWAYS MAKING ME FEEL UNCOMFORTABLE TO BE A WHITE MALE
It's good to see Gaga's got a good following of musically discerning and/or mentally mature fans here. She's nearly the only famous pop diva whose fame and success are, IMO, legitimate and deserved. I've been defending her against people who disparagingly compare her to Madonna/Bspears/Christina/other Mickey Mouse clubbers and I've been feeling kinda weird defending her. Like - am I the only music snob who also loves this chick's music? So yeah - it's the bee's knees to see the type of support she's getting in this thread.

To me she's the most presentable and accessible artist in the burgeoning "Electropop" (or whatever it's called) genre. But if you guys are digging the things she does musically ...

m83 - saturdays = youth
Maps - Turning the Mind
Passion Pit - Manners
Zeigeist - The Jade Motel
jj - jj n° 2
PlayRadioPlay - (any CD)

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus

Azzmo posted:

It's good to see Gaga's got a good following of musically discerning and/or mentally mature fans here. She's nearly the only famous pop diva whose fame and success are, IMO, legitimate and deserved. I've been defending her against people who disparagingly compare her to Madonna/Bspears/Christina/other Mickey Mouse clubbers and I've been feeling kinda weird defending her.

What makes her fame more legitimate than other pop acts? It seems like there's a lot of people who take a snobby approach to other pop music, while at the same time enjoying Gaga's music. What sets her apart? She's not producing her own music, though she does have a certain level of control regarding her image. I really don't see how you can feel so strongly for Gaga, but pass over other artists like Madonna at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I love Gaga, but I also like other good pop acts like Kanye West, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, etc. for what they are.

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007

NicelyNice posted:

What makes her fame more legitimate than other pop acts? It seems like there's a lot of people who take a snobby approach to other pop music, while at the same time enjoying Gaga's music. What sets her apart? She's not producing her own music, though she does have a certain level of control regarding her image. I really don't see how you can feel so strongly for Gaga, but pass over other artists like Madonna at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I love Gaga, but I also like other good pop acts like Kanye West, Beyonce, Justin Timberlake, Yeah Yeah Yeahs, etc. for what they are.

To me a person who receives massive affirmation for the music that they perform needs to be involved in making it. She writes the songs. I can imagine her playing them out on piano or synths. I can tell that she's very involved with her music and her image and I know that she could continue to make great music even if her label dropped her. She even sings while she's on stage! I respect her and that's what makes her legitimate to me.

Another thing that sets her apart is that I just plain like her music. I find Madonna and basically every other pop diva nearly completely unlistenable (by which I simply mean that I would never volitionally listen to their music), barring a very few select songs that deviate from their usual schtick.

Azzmo fucked around with this message at 23:35 on Dec 1, 2009

Ma_NiC
Mar 6, 2004

NicelyNice posted:

^^^Yeah, what you said.

At least for me, it's her willingness to do things that are just out there, and she's not afraid of making herself look, well, kind of ugly occasionally for her art. When you strip away all the layers of state-of-the-art studio production, she's a good songwriter, and she can actually play the piano (and very well, I might add). Her acoustic versions of "Poker Face" definitely showcase that raw talent that can't be manufactured in the studio. It's also the fact that she is in control of what she does; she doesn't have someone else that is telling her what outfit to wear when, and so on. She comes across as less packaged and more real than a lot of pop stars (which is kind of ironic, considering the crazy outfits she regularly wears).

As far as the other acts you mentioned go, I can't say I have any respect for Kanye, but that's mostly because of his douchey personality. Beyonce and Timberlake are talented at what they do (though neither of them are my cup of tea), but lack that special something that GaGa has, at least for me. Madonna is definitely in a league of her own (though I can't say I'm really a fan of hers).

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus

Azzmo posted:

To me a person who receives massive affirmation for the music that they perform needs to be involved in making it. She writes the songs. I can imagine her playing them out on piano or synths. I can tell that she's very involved with her music and her image and I know that she could continue to make great music even if her label dropped her. She even sings while she's on stage! I respect her and that's what makes her legitimate to me.

Another thing that sets her apart is that I just plain like her music. I find Madonna and basically every other pop diva nearly completely unlistenable (by which I simply mean that I would never volitionally listen to their music), barring a very few select songs that deviate from their usual schtick.

But it's true that a lot of pop acts are just as involved, if not moreso, than Gaga in the writing of their music. Alicia Keys writes and produces a substantial amount of her music by herself, while Gaga shares writing credits on all her singles. I'm not trying to knock Gaga down, I enjoy what she does quite a bit, but people make out pop music to be like some Mickey Mouse-produced wasteland, and that's certainly not the case.

And of course the second comment is subjective, which is fine - people have their likes and dislikes when it comes to music (I honestly don't listen to any of the artists you listed either, Kanye and Gaga are about the only two big pop acts I do listen to outside of clubs), but it seems absurd to think that Gaga is doing something that different from other pop acts. I also think quite a bit of her appeal comes from hooking up with a great producer. Her songwriting is great, though her lyrics are a weak point for me, but are more than made up for by RedOne's excellent production.

Like I said, I love Gaga, hell, I'm driving from Seattle to Vancouver to see her in the 4th row for tickets I was late to work for, but I don't think she should be put upon a pedestal when compared to other pop artists. I think a lot of people are confusing big pop acts with produced bullshit like The Monkees and The Jonas Brothers. Kanye certainly has a very strong sense of personal style that comes across with his work - collaborating with artists like Takashi Murakami and that crazy-rear end fashion/art blog he has, and that Beyonce video that Kanye trashed was cool as hell.

NicelyNice fucked around with this message at 23:50 on Dec 1, 2009

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007

NicelyNice posted:

But it's true that a lot of pop acts are just as involved, if not moreso, than Gaga in the writing of their music. Alicia Keys writes and produces a substantial amount of her music by herself, while Gaga shares writing credits on all her singles. I'm not trying to knock Gaga down, I enjoy what she does quite a bit, but people make out pop music to be like some Mickey Mouse-produced wasteland, and that's certainly not the case.

And of course the second comment is subjective, which is fine - people have their likes and dislikes when it comes to music (I honestly don't listen to any of the artists you listed either, Kanye and Gaga are about the only two big pop acts I do listen to outside of clubs), but it seems absurd to think that Gaga is doing something that different from other pop acts. I also think quite a bit of her appeal comes from hooking up with a great producer. Her songwriting is great, though her lyrics are a weak point for me, but are more than made up for by RedOne's excellent production.

Like I said, I love Gaga, hell, I'm driving from Seattle to Vancouver to see her in the 4th row for tickets I was late to work for, but I don't think she should be put upon a pedestal when compared to other pop artists. I think a lot of people are confusing big pop acts with produced bullshit like The Monkees and The Jonas Brothers. Kanye certainly has a very strong sense of personal style that comes across with his work - collaborating with artists like Takashi Murakami and that crazy-rear end fashion/art blog he has, and that Beyonce video that Kanye trashed was cool as hell.

She's making good music. Like - genuinely catchy with unconventional (in the mainstream) sounds. Also, the production of the songs is a major element of that and she owes a lot to RedOne, Martin Kierszenbaum, and Rob Fusari. Without their touch on her records I'm certain I wouldn't like her music nearly as much. So those are the two major things she's doing differently, musically. Because with their supplementing her work you've got some pretty great music; without it you've got some pretty boring music (to me) with a few good parts. She is very smart or lucky to have hooked up with the right people who are able to help give her CDs the sound and feel that they have. I don't like Alicia Keys' music. I respect her but if one of her songs comes on the radio I'm diving for the dial to change it because her music is very dry and very conventional.

(edited to give credit to all the producers)

Azzmo fucked around with this message at 00:26 on Dec 2, 2009

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled
I thought Poker Face was decent enough, but Bad Romance has really loving hooked me. Going to give The Fame Monster a full listen through tonight. Hopefully I won't be disappointed.

This is still all very confusing for me because probably the closest thing to this that I've ever really liked is Cher's Believe and generic early-90's runway fodder. Somewhere in the back of my head, I'm thinking, "something about this reminds me of trashy Christina Aguilera, Britney Spears, etc... sort of acts." It's not Gaga's performance style, ability, and talent, which are obviously miles ahead of the previously mentioned trash-pop. It's her music. It's catchy, booming, and her sound has a certain heaviness/richness/thickness/something to it that makes me like it. But something about the presentation just makes me feel dirty for enjoying it.

Maybe I just need to listen to more than two or three songs. Also she's sexy, penis or no. Which I really don't honestly believe.

edit: Skipping around The Fame Monster a bit, I think I get it. It's basically poppy house music. I can get behind that without shame. The last few tracks on the "The Fame" disc are really doing it for me. Disco Heaven especially.

glompix fucked around with this message at 02:12 on Dec 2, 2009

Bozz
Jan 26, 2002

ToxicWind posted:

After seeing all these videos from the tour I'm really sad she isn't coming to Denver this year... I managed to not pick up tickets fast enough last year like an idiot and it is coming back to bite me in the rear end. Hopefully there are extra dates added at the end of the tour or something, doubt it though. It really sucks because I actually managed to get a bunch of my straight friends actually REALLY into her music.

Dance in the Dark is really a fantastic song, it sounds so 80s and just works throughout, all the other songs on the album are equally awesome, but that song really just does something for me.

Like Alejandro, it sounds like a lost Madonna song. But more awesome.

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin

Bozz posted:

Like Alejandro, it sounds like a lost Madonna song. But more awesome.

Alejandro sounds like a lost Ace of Base song to me.

plainswalker75
Feb 22, 2003

Pigs are smarter than Bears, but they can't ride motorcycles
Hair Elf

tuckfard posted:

Kinda reminds me of ABBA, in fact I think she references "Fernando" at one point.

Edit: Actually, I just listened to it again and I think you were spot on with Ace of Base.

plainswalker75 fucked around with this message at 03:27 on Dec 2, 2009

Ma_NiC
Mar 6, 2004

tuckfard posted:

Absolutely. It's hilarious and brilliant, all at once.

Triple Tech
Jul 28, 2006

So what, are you quitting to join Homo Explosion?
Alejandro is so flat... Maybe I'm not being sympathetic enough? Like not every track can be a hit? Compare to the albums of NSYNC or Justin Timberlake. (you wanna fight about it?) Nearly every song sticks out and is great. Except for the non-single ballads.

The Fame Monster just isn't doing it for me... And I only like about half of Fame (the exact half that Pandora recommended to me using Britney's Circus as a seed).

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

Triple Tech posted:

Alejandro is so flat... Maybe I'm not being sympathetic enough? Like not every track can be a hit? Compare to the albums of NSYNC or Justin Timberlake. (you wanna fight about it?) Nearly every song sticks out and is great. Except for the non-single ballads.

I dunno, Futuresex/Lovesounds feels like 60% filler to me. I can legitimately skip over so much of that album it's kind of ridiculous. From "My Love" up until "What Goes Around... Comes Around" and then immediately after that to "(Another Song) All Over Again" is stuff I honestly cannot get into.

The comparison point should still be Thriller when it comes to pop music. Still probably the best pop album ever written, and how many albums can have both Paul McCartney and Eddie Van Halen as featured artists on it?

If we're going to cut it down to just female pop artists and their albums, I think the comparison point would end up being Ray of Light or The Velvet Rope, which I think are two of the finer pop albums to come out in the last fifteen years.

On Madonna and where she stands in the landscape of pop music: I imagine Gaga would tell you before anyone else it's because of Madonna pushing envelopes with how a pop star can act and the musical frontiers they can explore and how they can present themselves and transform their looks and styles and messages that her entire career can exist. I mean, yes, Gaga's immediate influences are Queen and club/house music, but being able to create a persona and adapt it and change it to what she wants to say at that moment? That's 100% Madonna.

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

The Cameo posted:

On Madonna and where she stands in the landscape of pop music: I imagine Gaga would tell you before anyone else it's because of Madonna pushing envelopes with how a pop star can act and the musical frontiers they can explore and how they can present themselves and transform their looks and styles and messages that her entire career can exist. I mean, yes, Gaga's immediate influences are Queen and club/house music, but being able to create a persona and adapt it and change it to what she wants to say at that moment? That's 100% Madonna.

Yeah, I think it's a bit odd to put Lady Gaga on a pedestal while brushing off Madonna as standard pop trash or something. Madonna already did a good chunk of this stuff back in the 80s and had her fair share of controversy over it.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
No matter how many times I listen all I can hear in Bad Romance is 'I want your Psycho, your vertical stick, while you admire it, baby it's sick'

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007

The Remote Viewer posted:

No matter how many times I listen all I can hear in Bad Romance is 'I want your Psycho, your vertical stick, while you admire it, baby it's sick'

I've got that with Poker face:

"He'll read my,
he'll read my,
no he can't read-ah my poker face.
She doesn't love nobody."

I don't care what the CD liner notes say the lyrics are because that's what she sings :colbert:

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Azzmo posted:

"He'll read my,
he'll read my,

I don't care what the CD liner notes say the lyrics are because that's what she sings :colbert:

At least that's plausible. I tried to look it up on Google to see what other people thought and several sites had it as 'I want you in my room when your baby is sick.'

:confused:

Azzmo
Jul 2, 2007

The Remote Viewer posted:

At least that's plausible. I tried to look it up on Google to see what other people thought and several sites had it as 'I want you in my room when your baby is sick.'

:confused:

I have no idea how they heard that.

It's pretty clearly "I want your psycho, your vertical stick. While you're in my room when your baby is sick."

edit: wait so what are the official lyrics to that part? I'm looking at different lyric sites and it seems like almost half of them list something very close to

"Want you in my room
When your baby is sick"

Could those be the real lyrics?

Azzmo fucked around with this message at 23:14 on Dec 2, 2009

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.
It's

"I want your Psycho, your Vertigo schtick
Want you in my Rear Window
Baby it's sick"

(Referencing Hitchcock films.) She said this in the behind the scenes of the Bad Monster video, I believe.

archwhore
Oct 4, 2007

appleskates posted:

It's

"I want your Psycho, your Vertigo schtick
Baby it's sick"

(Referencing Hitchcock films.) She said this in the behind the scenes of the Bad Monster video, I believe.

It was said earlier that it could also be a reference to anal sex.

hilly
May 26, 2005

archwhore posted:

It was said earlier that it could also be a reference to anal sex.

I always heard it as:

"I want your Psycho, your Vertigo schtick [stick?]
Baby you're sick"

VVV Ha! I actually have that "Sex" book.

hilly fucked around with this message at 00:08 on Dec 3, 2009

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

sethsez posted:

Yeah, I think it's a bit odd to put Lady Gaga on a pedestal while brushing off Madonna as standard pop trash or something. Madonna already did a good chunk of this stuff back in the 80s and had her fair share of controversy over it.

I was never really a Madonna fan. As a young impressionable child I thought "she's weird for wearing traffic cones on her boobies." That kinda set the tone for me and Madonna for a long while. Granted, as I grew up I realized that a ton of the music I grew up listening to on the radio was Madonna. This "woah! That's Madonna too?!" phase of my life immediately followed my "Woah... Elvis did THAT song as well?!" phase... soon to be followed by my "HOLY CRAP! That's a Fleetwood Mac song TOO?!" stage. Either way, I've come to realize how influential Madonna was on my childhood music experience without knowing it, and have come to appreciate her work.

But I digress... until Lady Gaga puts out a coffee table book with pictures of her nude and engaged in sexual acts, Madonna will remain undisputed queen of pop controversy. And even then Gaga would have only tied Madonna.

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Backweb posted:

But I digress... until Lady Gaga puts out a coffee table book with pictures of her nude and engaged in sexual acts, Madonna will remain undisputed queen of pop controversy. And even then Gaga would have only tied Madonna.

Sexual acts with Vanilla Ice, no less.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Backweb posted:

Who knows what we would have seen if the Fame Kills tour had gone off. Maybe there's a reason it got canceled :tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlcfuD1584M

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Azzmo posted:

"He'll read my,
he'll read my,

Despite knowing they're not the real words I frequently hear

"She's got no love nobody"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

Who knows what we would have seen if the Fame Kills tour had gone off. Maybe there's a reason it got canceled :tinfoil:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlcfuD1584M

I'm relatively certain thats in the fame monster tour, although in black and white. If not that specific clip, something on that level of naughtiness haha.

• Locked thread