Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
teacup
Dec 20, 2006

= M I L K E R S =
I want your psycho, your vertical stare
when you're in morrowind your baby has hair
i want your love
LOVE LOVE LOVE

Prove me wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

teacup posted:

when you're in morrowind your baby has hair

I keep hearing "morrowind" too and I hate myself for it

ToxicWind
May 23, 2006

Impossible! There is no intelligent life form capable of escaping the labyrinth of the multiverse!

Triple Tech posted:

Alejandro is so flat...
I had the same problem when I first listened to it and then I was linked a uptempo version of it which very much improved it for me. It just seems so slow!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWew15H9mg0 Does this do anything for you?

Fake edit: ARG, the censored versions of the songs on the album annoy me so drat much, it just takes so much away from some of the lyrics.

ToxicWind fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Dec 3, 2009

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Dark Weasel posted:

I keep hearing "morrowind" too and I hate myself for it

Ugh, me too now... Thanks, teacup.... Meanie.

Triple Tech
Jul 28, 2006

So what, are you quitting to join Homo Explosion?

ToxicWind posted:

Does this do anything for you?

Yeah it's a little better. It's almost the exact same emotions I went through with Bad Romance. Someone linked me I guess an early version of Bad Romance which sounded a little slow, so we sped it up. Then the real version came out and it was at a nice clip. For this version of Alejandro, it's a little too fast, but it doesn't drag like the original, which is good (I hate dragging). If it were slowed a skosh it would be the ideal tempo.

Also I have a really lovely sound system so maybe I'm not appreciating the songs in their fullest form... Maybe up tempo, with club speakers...? Drunk?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You need Beats by Dr. Dre earbuds

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

You need Beats by Dr. Dre earbuds

I'd wear the Heartbeats from the Bad Romance video. They're cute! :shobon:

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

Triple Tech posted:

Also I have a really lovely sound system so maybe I'm not appreciating the songs in their fullest form... Maybe up tempo, with club speakers...? Drunk?

http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/StudiophileAV40.html I love these - especially for music like Gaga's. Non-Enslaved black metal, not so much. I recommend these in every thread and I swear I don't work for them.

Alejandro is probably my least favorite song.

CrowT.Robot
Aug 31, 2004

"That's where I almost lost my virginity!
I have to admit - after listening through all of the Fame Monster over the last couple of days...all of the songs are very, very catchy except perhaps Telephone.

But, though Bad Romance, Alejandro, etc. are fun...Speechless is the standout on the album; musically it's a more complete performance from her. It's also a terrific way to do a non-pop song that didn't turn into a slogging ballad (the usual choice for pop singers to alternate the upbeat tracks). Though I don't know if Gaga wrote it herself, it shows she has staying power as a performer/musician should she choose to move on from the Eurodance sound.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Lady Gaga posted:

"Speechless" was my plea to my father to get this heart operation. I sent it to my dad when I was on the road. I said "Please, Dad" and he still wouldn’t do it and one day he just started not feeling so good so I dropped everything and sat down with him. I told him it was not just his heart at stake, it was all our hearts. I told him if he died I would quit music and mum would not be able to function. And, thankfully, he did it.

Elephunk
Dec 6, 2007

is lady gaga a transvestite / in drag?

demozthenes
Feb 14, 2007

Wicked pissa little critta

Elephunk posted:

No, she's a cenobite! :

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

demozthenes posted:

No, she's a cenobite! :

Ahaha, that's awesome.

glompix posted:

Alejandro is probably my least favorite song.

And, yes I must agree with you, I absolutely cannot stand it... But I'm not totally sure why. Hmmm.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

Elephunk posted:

Should this alter your opinion of anyone in the first place?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

I god drat LOVE Lady Gaga.

I first heard 'Lovegame' and thought it was okay, but then 'Paparazzi' came out and it was awesome.

You could say she has eaten my heart and my brain.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Something I thought of earlier... Why the hell isn't Fashion on an official album... I assume it is because Heidi Montag recorded it first, Although her version sucks.

Also, Gags plays it in concert so.... I personally think it'd be a good single, but at the very least should be on an official album (it is on Disco Heaven), I think it's one of her best tracks.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet
Nobody mentioned her Grammy nods? I finally have someone to root for who has a chance of winning.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

CharlesWillisMaddox posted:

Nobody mentioned her Grammy nods? I finally have someone to root for who has a chance of winning.

I didn't because I have a unnatural hatred for Pokerface... Paparazzi shoulda been nominated for all the awards instead :colbert:

It's a bittersweet victory.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus

7lip posted:

I didn't because I have a unnatural hatred for Pokerface... Paparazzi shoulda been nominated for all the awards instead :colbert:

I agree, I've never been a big fan of Pokerface.. I like the Beyonce track more than Pokerface
Also, the Grammys are horribly irrelevant, I can only hope that Kanye will show up and do something

Triple Tech
Jul 28, 2006

So what, are you quitting to join Homo Explosion?
I'm almost certain I have to take back what I said about the Fame Monster. My speakers are horrible and flatten everything. I was listening to Teeth with my buds and it sounded super catchy, so I'm assuming the rest of the album can follow.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

7lip posted:

Oh, phew. I'm not the only one. I love Gaga, and almost all of her songs are awesome, but I really don't like Pokerface. I think Lovegame should have got all the noms.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

In case any one is interested
http://www.facebook.com/pages/RA-RA-RA-AH-AH-AH-ROMA-RO-MA-MA-GAGA-OOH-LA-LA/184841839670?ref=pymk

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Bahaha, I couldn't resit joining that, and inviting all my hardcore and punker friends hahaha.

Fun fact: My favourite bands are h2o and bane... why in gods name I have an addiction to Lady Gaga is completely beyond me.

7lip fucked around with this message at 07:24 on Dec 5, 2009

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

7lip posted:

Fun fact: My favourite bands are h2o and bane... why in gods name I have an addiction to Lady Gaga is completely beyond me.

I listen to lovely indie music and ska.

Don't worry, we're all gay friends in this thread.

Lady Gaga Megathread 2: Gay Men's Support Club

snail goat
Dec 12, 2006

you shouldnt doubt yourself
you know more about goats than you give yourself credit for

Sockser posted:

I'm not a gay man, but Lady Gaga makes me wish that I was. Can I be in the club? :shobon:

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

7lip posted:

Bahaha, I couldn't resit joining that, and inviting all my hardcore and punker friends hahaha.

My playlist:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6BI4_NMxPb8 (see avatar)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ACm9yECwSso
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaVAVGkEcQw

:psyduck:

Actually it's not that abnormal. If you don't like some good pop every once in a while you just don't know how to have fun.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Sockser posted:

I listen to lovely indie music and ska.

I now listen to lady gaga and ska. See that we have something in common.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Sockser posted:

Yay! I'll never be alone againnnn!! :neckbeard:

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Just wanted to come here and tell of my experience at the Monster Ball concert in Boston this last Tuesday. I urge everyone in this thread to see this! It was seriously the best show I have ever been to in my life. It was so over the top and a visual treat. The opening of the show was one of the most intense things ever. She opens with Dance in the Dark which is honestly the best song to open with. If this tour is even a state away from you, you must make the drive. I live in Austin, TX and will be driving to San Diego and New Orleans to catch the show 2 more times. Even if you aren't THAT big of a fan of her music, the videos that are played during the show are amazing. The costume changes are awesome as well, especially for Paparazzi.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Went for a ride with some friends last night to celebrate a new car, managed to grab the passenger seat so was put in charge of the music. Since me and the guy who bought the car are fans of Gaga, we decided to put on The Fame Monster, which was met with loud resistance and name-calling (of the gay kind) from the back. gently caress them. In the front we were having a wonderful christmastime.

The funny thing is that when we were driving home and the guys in the back were very drunk, they somehow knew the lyrics to Beautiful, Dirty, Rich. Bunch of closet Gaga-fans.

Sockser posted:

What sort of support will be provided?

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

After going to the store and hearing awful christmas music, I have only one thing to say to you guys.

Light me up with me on top lets falalalala lalalala!

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.

7lip posted:

After going to the store and hearing awful christmas music, I have only one thing to say to you guys.

Light me up with me on top lets falalalala lalalala!

my christmas tree's delicious!!

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

I listen to mostly classic rock, hard rock, some metal and some punk.

I am in love with Gaga, so v:confused:v

Any word on an uncensored Fame Monster or is it "we're working on it" still?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Free Market Gravy posted:

I listen to mostly classic rock, hard rock, some metal and some punk.

I am in love with Gaga, so v:confused:v

Any word on an uncensored Fame Monster or is it "we're working on it" still?

They're still adding the ch-s to the bit-s.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Sprat Sandwich posted:

They're still adding the ch-s to the bit-s.

How about the "hosed" in Monster?

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

7lip posted:

How about the "hosed" in Monster?

That was actually completed on Thursday, but some intern accidentally deleted it. He re-recorded it himself and because the song was already complete no-one bothered to listen to it again and it was marked ready for release.

He sounds like this guy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQGT0PlvBkI

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Sprat Sandwich posted:

That was actually completed on Thursday, but some intern accidentally deleted it. He re-recorded it himself and because the song was already complete no-one bothered to listen to it again and it was marked ready for release.

He sounds like this guy - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQGT0PlvBkI

I think there is something here I am just not getting...

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
I used to be incredibly apathetic about Lady Gaga, but once I saw some clips of her singing live and performing I was hooked. She was more than another manufactured starlet.

She's a quirky gently caress and she has great music. Plus, love the outfits.

I just need a new job ASAP so I can buy Tickets to her concert. I'm shouting my sister so we can go together :)

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
See you in San Diego, Woodycooks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Andrew_1985 posted:

I used to be incredibly apathetic about Lady Gaga, but once I saw some clips of her singing live and performing I was hooked. She was more than another manufactured starlet.

She's a quirky gently caress and she has great music. Plus, love the outfits.

I just need a new job ASAP so I can buy Tickets to her concert. I'm shouting my sister so we can go together :)

I doubt I'll ever see her in concert unless I can get someone to go see her with. :(

I've been watching some of her stuff on youtube the last few days in between studying for finals, and I really did like it, but it was that kind of appreciation where you wouldn't admit it to your friends, because god knows they would give me poo poo for listening to her. Then I saw her live acoustic stuff, especially the "Fooled Me Again, Honest Eyes" that was linked a few pages ago, and I will never be ashamed to admit I like her music again. :swoon:

Bitch is definitely talented.

RedneckwithGuns fucked around with this message at 09:32 on Dec 6, 2009

• Locked thread