Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

7lip posted:

I think there is something here I am just not getting...

You and me both.

7lip posted:

After going to the store and hearing awful christmas music, I have only one thing to say to you guys.

Light me up with me on top lets falalalala lalalala!

appleskates posted:

my christmas tree's delicious!!

Now this is something I definitely don't understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PolcJd2eh-w

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
Americans should make use of the free Christmas Tree download.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Holy poo poo, this is hilarious.

Pres
Dec 20, 2005

ever since I could remember I been poppin' mah collar
That X Factor performace was just mental. What the gently caress? My mind has melted.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I'm really loving reading through the 1-star reviews of the Christmas Tree song on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Christmas-Tre...nDateDescending

"How could you take such a great idea ("a new free Holiday song every day until Christmas") and then totally ruin it with explicit lyrics and explicit references to sex? So far, 2 out of the 6 offerings are too disgusting to download. This song does not meet my definition of the Holiday Spirit by any stretch of the imagination. I'm sorry that I even clicked on the preview button. I'm very disappointed in you, Amazon, and I know you can do better than this."

"Yet another awful song on the 25 days of free Christmas Songs. Why does Amazon insist on including songs like this one? It's not a Christmas song - it's a song about sex. Another disappointment."

"I find this song offensive, with all it's sexual content being forced upon Christmas. I wish that Amazon would have chosen a different song for the free download."

"This song has no place listed on any Christmas play list. I am glad that is was the first person to listen to this song and decide whether or not to add it to our music library. Shouldn't it be safe to let their kids listen to songs on a Christmas list and not worry about if the song is sexually explicit? Sad, now we have to worry about Christmas songs being inappropriate!"

"Amazon should know better than to insult and offend people by placing this type of music on any "Christmas" list!"

"OK, when I listen to Christmas music, I expect to hear about Christmas, not about promiscuous behavior taking place under the Christmas tree. Not only was this not a very good song, from a compositional perspective, it was terrible subject matter as well. I was appalled."

"raunchy sex song not appropriate for 25 days of Christmas! Amazon: shame, shame on you. did you even listen to this song? Good grief."

"Another example of the liberal media and the artists they try to promote degrading Christians and their beliefs. I feel like I'm living in a cesspool! I can't even download a Christmas song with out being fed their degenerate garbage. The moral decay of the late great USA is getting out of control. Wake up Sheeple before it's too late." <--- this one is probably satire, but you never know.

"The meaning of Christmas doesn't even enter into this smut song. In fact, it has no place being considered a Christmas song the holiest historical event of all time. Shame on you GaGa."

"This song is terrible. It's totally inappropriate and disgusting and the worst thing it doesn't even have a good beat. What a waste. Glad I got the download for free."

Redditor
May 20, 2008

sendin' out an S-M-S:
don't mess with texters
Though the vocal melodies aren't bad when not copped (not that I dislike the reappropriation), the vocal cadence is stilted and undesirably robotic, the beat silly. It's possible to think the song bad without having to get up in arms over the lyrics. :colbert:

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

Redditor posted:

Though the vocal melodies aren't bad when not copped (not that I dislike the reappropriation), the vocal cadence is stilted and undesirably robotic, the beat silly. It's possible to think the song bad without having to get up in arms over the lyrics. :colbert:

Oh I'm aware of that, don't worry. I'm definitely cool with someone not liking the song but I just find the people that hate it because it 'desecrates Christmas' hilarious

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib
The best Bad Romance parody.

I love the YouTube doubler.

Simiain
Dec 13, 2005

"BAM! The ole fork in the eye!!"

Final Fart Buttball posted:

Oh I'm aware of that, don't worry. I'm definitely cool with someone not liking the song but I just find the people that hate it because it 'desecrates Christmas' hilarious

The song is friggin fantastic and encapsulates everything I love about Gaga.

Mischievous, subtle-as-a-sledgehammer, joyous, self-aware fun. Makes me grin like an idiot everytime I hear it.

And you're entirely right, the busted blood-vessel, rural-kansas, festive-sweater-wearing christmas-fascist culture warriors can gently caress right off, humourless pricks.

Simiain fucked around with this message at 22:29 on Dec 6, 2009

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

"How dare they desecrate the spirit of Christmas with a raunchy song!" *Tramples someone to death at Wal-Mart in order to get a discount TV*

Is there any way to get the song without having to download Amazon's MP3 download software? That thing seems might suspicious to me. :raise:

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

You can download it without having to get the downloader -- you can just skip that part.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

Final Fart Buttball posted:

the holiest historical event of all time.

hahaha, I read this as "of our time" and wondered how something could be both historical and of our time the way this person seemed to be saying

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
I can see people getting mad over this because it's a pretty terrible song to begin with
Mariah Carey still the queen of Christmas pop

HelloIAmYourHeart posted:

The best Bad Romance parody.

I love the YouTube doubler.

This, on the other hand, is fantastic. Hope this kid is a Gaga fan and it's not just his older sister or something forcing him to do it

NicelyNice fucked around with this message at 02:13 on Dec 7, 2009

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way

Macrame_God posted:

Is there any way to get the song without having to download Amazon's MP3 download software? That thing seems might suspicious to me. :raise:

You can probably get it without the MP3 software, but I can vouch for it - it's a pretty lightweight program that doesn't really do anything heinous. I like it, anyway. Plus it stays way the hell out of the way.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.
I cooooooooulllld just upload the mp3... I'm relatively sure giving a link to a FREE song isn't really the naughtiest thing I could do.

Unless I'm wrong... Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Got my New Orleans tickets! Sprung for the Hot Seat passes so I am getting some Lady GaGa Heartbeats and reserved seating! I would of gotten the Meet and Greet but I have met her before so I didn't feel like I needed to spend the extra money.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

7lip posted:

I cooooooooulllld just upload the mp3... I'm relatively sure giving a link to a FREE song isn't really the naughtiest thing I could do.

Unless I'm wrong... Someone tell me if I'm wrong.

Well, it IS available for free, so I think it would be okay, at least until Amazon stops giving it away.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Well then, here is a download link that doesn't require any amazon program mumbo jumbo.

http://www.mediafire.com/?jwyylzjllte

I hate websites with proprietary downloading program bullshit. Grrr.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Well, Gaga grew on me. Picked up her CD. I like almost every song, except Speechless (not that it's bad or anything). I think that means I'm gay now.

The only thing... why the hell is it edited? That's retarded.

Man vs Child
Mar 21, 2004

by Ralp

7lip posted:

Well then, here is a download link that doesn't require any amazon program mumbo jumbo.

Well, I know exactly what I'm going to be caroling this year! This is drat crazy.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Man vs Child posted:

Well, I know exactly what I'm going to be caroling this year! This is drat crazy.

Can I come? That would be a grand time caroling that... Granted we were dressed appropriately and went to lil old ladies houses... In drag.

Macrame_God
Sep 1, 2005

The stairs lead down in both directions.

7lip posted:

Haha, is that a Gaga anime avatar? Funny, Gaga seems like she would be the sort of artist that would be like Tom Waits and be big in japan. :v:

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

7lip posted:

Thanks for this, the mp3s are only available to Americans and I really want to hear this desecration of the, um, holiest historical event of all time. (Easter didn't actually happen I guess)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Or the crusades

edit: or the beginning of the universe. that's pretty holy. existence and all.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Macrame_God posted:

Haha, is that a Gaga anime avatar? Funny, Gaga seems like she would be the sort of artist that would be like Tom Waits and be big in japan. :v:

You mean Gaga isn't big in Japan? I thought she was popular everywhere. Hell, in Japan people wouldn't blink twice at her wackyness, so maybe that's why they are not so crazy about her.

Oooooh, how I'd love a Gagatar. Maybe after Christmas :allears:

CRACK FIRE BEATS
Sep 11, 2001
For those with Fuse, Lady Gaga is on from 7PM to 3AM tonight.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Macrame_God posted:

This inspired me to google "lady gaga anime" annndd...

http://blog.girlybubble.com/2009/11/21/lady-gaga-in-anime-form-again-as-chibi-gaga/ kuwaiiiiiiiiii!

Triple Tech
Jul 28, 2006

So what, are you quitting to join Homo Explosion?
What is your avatar of though?

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Triple Tech posted:

What is your avatar of though?

Gaga-tarrr!

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

7lip posted:

This inspired me to google "lady gaga anime" annndd...

http://blog.girlybubble.com/2009/11/21/lady-gaga-in-anime-form-again-as-chibi-gaga/ kuwaiiiiiiiiii!

Some of these are tempting, but I'd rather not advertise my homosexuality on the forums outside of this thread

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Macrame_God posted:

She is pretty loving popular in Japan, though.

Edit:

D'aaw-ah, rah, rah rah~ :3:

Edit2: VVV Oh my God.

Obligatory Toast fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Dec 8, 2009

ArmoredBlue
Jul 1, 2007

Furthering the gay Mexican agenda.
Lady Gaga performed Speechless for the Queen of England today, with a very cool piano that kind me of reminds of Beksinski:

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

ArmoredBlue posted:

Lady Gaga performed Speechless for the Queen of England today, with a very cool piano that kind me of reminds of Beksinski:

Oh hello Lady Giger

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

I was thinking Dali

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

I was thinking, I'm scared of heights haha.

Sockser posted:

Some of these are tempting, but I'd rather not advertise my homosexuality on the forums outside of this thread

Ehh, some of my homosexual friends are convinced I'm a total closet case, so whatever ;) hahaha.

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Blodskur posted:

Put a helmet on the Queen, and I'd swear this is a scene from Empire Strikes Back.

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Blodskur posted:

That is so surreal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Yoshifan823 posted:

Put a helmet on the Queen, and I'd swear this is a scene from Empire Strikes Back.

I wonder if any other monarchs/presidents/PRIME MINISTERS enjoy Gaga.

• Locked thread