Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
sakana
Feb 9, 2003

What the fuck is up with all those chicken strips?

Nova Bizzare posted:

I am in the same boat. Some days it's really just soul-crushing.

At least we're not alone?

:unsmith:

somnambulist posted:

I'm going tonight to see her! Woop woop!

Closing night in LA, blow me away you bitch.
Tell me how awesome she was, so that I might live vicariously through you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I never really looked until now but I just realized how much stuff there is beyond The Fame / The Fame Monster: her Red & Blue EP when she was calling herself Stefani, an entire bootleg of B-Sides and Unreleased songs, etc.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

I want to go to this so bad...

Rummanging
Sep 26, 2008
Well, it happened. I unironically like Lady Gaga. I should be feel bad but I feel too happy to be embarassed. I find it really creepy how it incrementally increased without me noticing, and like there was a certain degree of inevitability about it. And, quoting this because it is perfect.

Shakespearean Beef posted:

I was one of those started out as "Ugh, more pop poo poo. This is kind of catchy, but shes weird as gently caress. Actually, shes pretty cool. Yeah, I like this."

ArmoredBlue
Jul 1, 2007

Furthering the gay Mexican agenda.

Diamonds On MY Fish posted:

I think Fred Phelps is only going so he can secretly sneak in and watch from the back.

The Senator Giroux
Jul 9, 2006
Dead Ringer

I don't even WANT to go to heaven if I can't listen to Lady GaGa there. :colbert:

trigger9631
Nov 18, 2004

I love my ducks.
I too have just gone through the stages of Lady GaGa acceptance. I went over the edge when I watched the music videos last night; "Bad Romance" is insanely awesome. Now I just wish she was coming to Portland!

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I've been away from the forums for months and am delighted to discover that goonkind is just as susceptible to the awesomeness of la Gagita bonita as I was.

THE BEST is when you catch insufferable music snobs getting all excited cause "Telephone" came on at the club.

I'm just pissed that she isn't playing anywhere near me, but that's OK; there will be other tours. This one's going to stick around for awhile.

spite house fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Dec 24, 2009

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
Lady GaGa is fantastic, I am glad that goonkind has come to embrace her because I thought for sure this would be one of the last places that would be down with her music!

I really love her new album I play it quite often when in my car; I am sure it looks and sounds pretty weird for a dude to be driving along singing along with Alejandro at the top of my lungs, complete with high pitch voice. I don't care though zero fucks, Lady GaGa rules. :colbert:

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I can't take "Alejandro" for some reason. I think because it has a little too many shades of that "Fernando" song by ABBA

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
Don't know if anyone mentioned this yet, but a report from the wife indicates that Telephone is the next single (They made a big deal on our local radio station about how today was the first time it was played on radio)
Very looking forward to the video!

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.

Final Fart Buttball posted:

I can't take "Alejandro" for some reason. I think because it has a little too many shades of that "Fernando" song by ABBA

Me neither, gently caress that song to hell.

. . .Telephone. . . today was the first time it was played on radio

Umm I have heard it on the radio here before (Ottawa).

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

7lip posted:

Umm I have heard it on the radio here before (Ottawa).

Huh, maybe they just meant on that station? Or maybe on a totally corporate clearchannel owned station in the U.S. ?

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Huh, maybe they just meant on that station? Or maybe on a totally corporate clearchannel owned station in the U.S. ?

Maybe, I heard it on a corporately owned station as well, not like a college radio show.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.

sakana posted:

At least we're not alone?

:unsmith:

:glomp:

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

They've been playing it in NJ for a few weeks.

I think it might be a regional thing. When I was out in Nevada for a week, I noticed they were playing either different "new" singles from certain artists or hadn't yet gotten new singles that NJ stations had been playing for weeks.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Final Fart Buttball posted:

I enjoy it because not only do I find it to be catchy; but it also reminds me a lot of Ace of Base for a reason; who I always enjoyed back when they were still a relevant band.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

#Ladygaygay

HelloIAmYourHeart
Dec 29, 2008
Fallen Rib

The Senator Giroux posted:

I don't even WANT to go to heaven if I can't listen to Lady GaGa there. :colbert:

We've got this disco!
D-I-S-C-O
And we're in Heaven!
H-E-A-V-E-N

I think you'll be ok.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

Sockser posted:

#Ladygaygay

#theregoesallmyhopesanddreamsrightoutthewindow

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.
It's that time of year that we can all take the time out of our busy Christmas to consider just what Lady Gaga's Christmas tree tastes like, and how much we'd all like to eat it.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

So does Lady Gaga hate God or does God hate Lady Gaga oh this is all so confusing...

Also mods change my name to Whore's Forehead thanks in advance.

weekly font
Dec 1, 2004

Everytime I try to fly I fall
Without my wings
I feel so small
Guess I need you baby...

Yodzilla posted:

So does Lady Gaga hate God or does God hate Lady Gaga oh this is all so confusing...

Also mods change my name to Whore's Forehead thanks in advance.

Everyone knows that God actually hates Fred Phelps and anything he stands for. God is totes down with Gaga.

bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

God only asks two things of you: your faith, and your bad romance.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
They moved the venue for Gaga's January 3rd concert in Orlando from the Hard Rock Live to the much larger UCF Arena (since the Hard Rock's stage wasn't big enough for her stage setup), and everyone with existing tickets had to exchange them for new ones. This is good because a lot of people who couldn't get tickets originally will now get to attend.

Best of all (at least for me), my in-laws had bought us stupidly expensive tickets for the Hard Rock Live concert through a ticket broker, after the show originally sold out in minutes. But after the change of venue was announced, they were able to get a full refund and hook us up with even better and MUCH more affordable (face value) seats at the UCF Arena. I feel a lot less guilty about attending now, but it's crazy how excited I am. Driving from Orlando to Atlanta to see Tom Waits by myself a few years back is still my greatest concert experience ever, but I'm expecting some real magic when we go to see Lady Gaga.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Yea I have been to some crazy shows, such as Flaming Lips at Austin City Limits and Crystal Castles at Fun Fun Fun Fest, but I have never seen the caliber of a show such as Lady Gaga before. It's one of those shows where I can understand why people at Michael Jackson shows would be hysterical.....or that's just me

Zoph
Sep 12, 2005

This is it, she's finally hit the big-time.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Oh snap Lady Gaga appearing in the next episode of Launch My Line. :gay:

ToxicWind
May 23, 2006

Impossible! There is no intelligent life form capable of escaping the labyrinth of the multiverse!

ToxicWind posted:

I ordered the vinyl version of The Fame: Monster, and it shipped on Monday. Hopefully its explicit/uncensored, or I will be very sad. :saddowns:

Actually, the sadness will be washed away just because of the fact that it's a picture disc.

Sadly, this is censored. Lady Gaga is still a free bit. :( Oh well, this is insanely sturdy vinyl and the pictures are pretty.
edit: this was creepy and i had to post it

ToxicWind fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Dec 26, 2009

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
How loving long does it take to send 3 AAC files to iTunes or something?

I object to censored Lady Gaga on principle and also object to buying the same album twice on principle.

sakana
Feb 9, 2003

What the fuck is up with all those chicken strips?

Yodzilla posted:

Oh snap Lady Gaga appearing in the next episode of Launch My Line. :gay:

Quoting this poo poo because it's sure to be a gaytacular fagstravaganza and I can't wait to see it.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I got a Secret Santa gift in the mail today; someone bought me the Fame songbook.

I will be re-learning to read music just so I can play Paparazzi on the piano. I am ridiculous.

7lip
Mar 25, 2009

The uncensored version is out there now btw.

If you can't find the drat thing, hit me up via email at ineedtoreadthefuckingrules@imafuckingidiot.com

-7lippy's miss gags service for those who got boned and bought a censored version.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:17 on Dec 27, 2009

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

7lip posted:

The uncensored version is out there now btw.

If you can't find the drat thing, hit me up via email at ineedtoreadthefuckingrules@imafuckingidiot.com

-7lippy's miss gags service for those who got boned and bought a censored version.

Much thanks.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Solomonic
Jan 3, 2008

INCIPIT SANTA
I made the fateful decision to try out Bad Romance last week and before I knew it, I'd bought both albums. Thanks a lot, Goons For Gaga, it's going to be a hell of a time explaining what she's doing between Korpiklaani and Morbid Angel on my playlist. :smith:

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Look Under The Rock posted:

I got a Secret Santa gift in the mail today; someone bought me the Fame songbook.

I will be re-learning to read music just so I can play Paparazzi on the piano. I am ridiculous.

Luckily it's not super hard to play! If you have played piano before you should be able to pick it up fairly easily; I am pretty horrible at the Piano and I was able to (fairly decently) play it.

I also got my mom a copy of Fame Monster for Christmas and she was pretty pumped, I think it's adorable that she loves Lady GaGa so much. :3:

Nam Taf
Jun 25, 2005

I am Fat Man, hear me roar!

Look Under The Rock posted:

You may be ridiculous, but I am goddamn jealous.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

sakana posted:

Quoting this poo poo because it's sure to be a gaytacular fagstravaganza and I can't wait to see it.
It's really too bad that show sucks so hard. I want Project Runway to come back and for Gaga to be on it. The Gaga challenge would be the best ever.

TheSniperZERO
Jan 18, 2004

Guy Trebay from the fashion section of the New York Times really seems to have it out for Lady Gaga.

quote:

(Lady Gaga) is a 23-year-old New Yorker of outsized ambition and middling talents, a onetime Catholic school girl with a Duchampian show-business handle, a self-promoter so tireless she made Paris Hilton look like a lay-about; a woman so assured of her superlatively good bad taste that she was in a fetish-wear gown to meet the Queen of England.

That person, of course, is Lady Gaga.

If 2009 produced little in the way of enduring style phenomena, it did give us Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta, a musician whose hooky dance tunes would barely rate a second playing on karaoke night, yet who made it all but impossible to avert one’s gaze from her ongoing spectacle.

But the voice without the package would equal a novelty act in a Singapore hotel lounge.

http://www.nytimes.com/2009/12/27/fashion/27gaga.html

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

He's just upset that he's incapable of understanding how amazing she is.

• Locked thread