Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I didn't think that article was too terrible -- the fashion commentary was pretty good -- but why did the writer have to get all bitchy about the music? Couldn't he just have written about the fashion if that's what interested him? Boo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Hippo
Aug 8, 2004

The Something Awful Forums > The Finer Arts > Batman's Shameful Secret > BSS Derailed Thread: Spider-Island

A lot of you are grown men.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Alright, so, uh, if the uncensored version is out, how do I find it?

NOT ASKING FOR ILLEGAL poo poo; JUST INFO ON HOW TO FIND THE UNCENSORED VERSION

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

Happy Hippo posted:

I just checked your post history and it's like 50% the comic book forum.

You're over the age of a teenager (I'm guessing) and you still read comic books, hahaha. You have no grounds saying anything.

edit - THEY'RE NOT DOLLS THEY'RE ACTION FIGURES

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Happy Hippo posted:

I'm a girl, and I think grown men who have enough "I don't give a gently caress" in 'em to cop to liking Lady Gaga (or anything weird/flamboyant/sparkly/outre and also good) are awesome. :colbert:

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Free Market Gravy posted:

Alright, so, uh, if the uncensored version is out, how do I find it?

NOT ASKING FOR ILLEGAL poo poo; JUST INFO ON HOW TO FIND THE UNCENSORED VERSION
From a cursory Google search I don't see any immediately obvious venues for purchasing it. From what I can tell the only rip out on file-sharing sites is a 256kbps AAC webrip, which would seem to indicate that physical copies of it aren't readily available at this time, unfortunately.

Final Fart Buttball posted:

You're over the age of a teenager (I'm guessing) and you still read comic books, hahaha. You have no grounds saying anything.

Please don't do this.

het fucked around with this message at 01:06 on Dec 28, 2009

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Final Fart Buttball posted:

Helldump is closed dumbfuck, don't play internet detective in the music forum.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.

Happy Hippo posted:

And your point is? :colbert:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
If anyone has listened to Fancy Pants, is it really her or is it Gwen Stefani?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NHJWekV_Trs&feature=related

There's some nice stuff from DontCallMyNameTv.

EDIT: It's rare for me to find an artist that consistently puts out songs that I enjoy. Usually it's just a couple of songs and the rest I can take or leave.

EDIT 2: Fever and No Floods is pretty good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=29hYlv11dNs&feature=related

Gatts fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Dec 28, 2009

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me
I went to the pool hall tonight and blew money in the jukebox playing like half of the Fame Monster because my extremely hetero burly dude friend loves Lady Gaga but hasn't heard any of the new stuff.

He loved Teeth and Monster, hated Dance in the Dark.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

New Orleans show just ended. AMAZING once again. Was in the very front this time and there was a funny moment where someone yelled out a part of the show and Gaga told him to stop watching YouTube videos of her show. She was kidding of course

MrSaxamaphone
Nov 1, 2004

You know you wanna tap that...
I love Lady Gaga for two main reasons 1) she's pretty slutty, or at least gives off that image, but doesn't give a poo poo what people think - I respect that. 2)her dance tracks are loving awesome.

My friends give me poo poo for it (both girls and guys) but whatever - I don't mind cruising around to Disco Stick - the song loving owns.

Winszton
Oct 22, 2008
I read a article in Newsweek recently calling her out on "pretentious bullshit" because she claims Rilke and Warhol as influences, but also says she makes soulless pop music.

I doubt the author had read much Rilke..I've read some of his stuff and it doesn't surprise me that it would cause her to say her music is soulless pop music, or cause her to avoid trying to make it anything more. Id best describe his poetry as Nietzschien.. makes anything less than it seem completely worthless, not just inferior.

Not to mention this:

"Fame is the sum of the misunderstanding that gathers about a new name" - Rilke

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

MrSaxamaphone posted:

My friends give me poo poo for it (both girls and guys) but whatever - I don't mind cruising around to Disco Stick - the song loving owns.
Well, the song is called Love Game.

NicelyNice
Feb 13, 2004

citrus
My girlfriend drew this... don't know what to think (she hates anime style everything)

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Lady Gaga transcends the usual boundaries of love, hate and sexuality.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

NicelyNice posted:

My girlfriend drew this... don't know what to think (she hates anime style everything)

SO CUTE. JUST SO CUTE.

MrSaxamaphone posted:

I love Lady Gaga for two main reasons 1) she's pretty slutty, or at least gives off that image, but doesn't give a poo poo what people think - I respect that.
I think she does sexy really well, actually. I get the sense that she's showing us her authentic self, not just the usual boilerplate "sexy pop star" slack-jawed gyrating, and though she gets off on it she doesn't especially care whether we do. I can't think of another pop culture figure who can do that.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

spite house posted:

I think she does sexy really well, actually. I get the sense that she's showing us her authentic self, not just the usual boilerplate "sexy pop star" slack-jawed gyrating, and though she gets off on it she doesn't especially care whether we do. I can't think of another pop culture figure who can do that.

Go watch that video where she sings Electric Kiss, listen to the words, and tell me if you still feel that way.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

Look Under The Rock posted:

Go watch that video where she sings Electric Kiss, listen to the words, and tell me if you still feel that way.
Seen it, and yeah, I do. That song uses sex as a metaphor for a revolutionary power grab; she's talking about passionately loving the world, basically.

With Gaga you can tell the sex thing is personal. It's hers. When she says she wants to gently caress the world I think she actually does, not that some suit is standing behind her going "If you say you want to bone everybody you'll sell records and maybe get on the cover of 'Maxim'." It's a fine distinction but an important one, IMO.

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

NicelyNice posted:

That's too cute.

Your girlfriend is a good artist. :)

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Find your freedom in the music.
Find your Jesus, find your Kubrick.
Okay, who made this? (I found it on DeviantArt.)

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

loving 4chan :argh:

Toaster Beef
Jan 23, 2007

that's not nature's way
Is there a name for that kind of haircut?

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Sockser posted:

loving 4chan :argh:

It's much worse than you think. Apparently furries also identify with Gaga, there is in particular one horse type creature I saw repeatedly, it had some sort of zebra patterned thighs. I don't recommend searching for it. :( I just wanted some pretty Gagapaper for my new computer.

legsarerequired
Dec 31, 2007
College Slice

SpecialAgentCooper posted:

I mean this is a big enough tour that it seems safe to assume she won't be coming back for a while

Don't say that. :( She didn't come to Texas and I'm regretting feeling too lazy to roadtrip to New Orleans.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

appleskates posted:

It's much worse than you think. Apparently furries also identify with Gaga, there is in particular one horse type creature I saw repeatedly, it had some sort of zebra patterned thighs. I don't recommend searching for it. :( I just wanted some pretty Gagapaper for my new computer.

Isn't that an Okapi?

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Yoshifan823 posted:

Isn't that an Okapi?

I don't know...is it?

This is just freaking adorable though.

Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

appleskates posted:

I don't know...is it?

This is just freaking adorable though.

Pretty sure that's just a creepy horse.

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

I had a Gaga dream last night! I was on tour with her and we kept missing our connecting flights, which was OK because we got to hang out in a great many first-class airport lounges, drinking fluorescent cocktails and discussing fashion. It was awesome. :3:

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830
gently caress it

Julien Sorel fucked around with this message at 08:17 on Nov 28, 2013

364unbirthdays
Dec 26, 2008

by angerbot
I am pleasantly surprised to find this thread.

Honestly, I find Lady Gaga to be amazing. Avant-garde fashion, blatant sexuality, catchy pop music. What's not to like?
She also doesn't care what other people think, and she's always supported the gay community.

I don't understand why people always feel the need to say how much they hate Lady Gaga whenever her name is mentioned.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

I have kind of been going back and forth deciding whether I should post this but what the hell.

My friend won a MySpace contest earlier this month where she and I went to Boston to go to Gaga's first US date on the tour and she would be able to interview her before the show. Here are the two videos. I am the guy in glasses jumping on the bed in the beginning and in the car at the end of the first video

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=101160516

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=vids.individual&videoid=101465369

After this interview, my friend outright asked for a job on Gaga's tour, to which her tour manager actually gave her! She finds out by the end of this week what her exact job on the tour is but we drove to San Diego where my friend met with Gaga again and then we returned from New Orleans a few days ago. My friend took some pictures of the NOLA show where we were front row

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

YOU

WHAT

HOLY gently caress

This is going to sound hopeless beyond words, but me and my husband are both FREAKING OUT for you and Janelle. That is amazing. Amazing.

And could she be any sweeter? "I only bite journalists". LAHV LAHV LAHV.

Rummanging
Sep 26, 2008
Holy poo poo dude! Why would you not post that, it was awesome! You could tell your friend was nervous but she did really well for a an amateur. The first question of the second video was excellent and something I've wanted to know for a long time.

Awesome awesome awesome!

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Rummanging posted:

Holy poo poo dude! Why would you not post that, it was awesome! You could tell your friend was nervous but she did really well for a an amateur. The first question of the second video was excellent and something I've wanted to know for a long time.

Awesome awesome awesome!

I waited until we found out for sure about the job. She was EXTREMELY nervous and said she didn't remember most of the interview until she watched it on MySpace. She worked REALLY hard to pick questions that were not standard and boring and off the camera, Gaga told her how she was the most engaging interview she has ever gave. I sadly never got the chance to meet her....

edit: Here is my friends Halloween costume. She brought it to show Gaga and she was very pleased with it.

F.F. Woodycooks fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Dec 31, 2009

appleskates
Feb 21, 2008

Kick rear end. How awesome for you and your friend! Those pictures are amazing...I want to see her live so, so much. :sigh:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
Yeah that's pretty loving awesome. Congrats to your friend!

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
Man that is goddamn amazing, I am so insanely jealous that there aren't words that can describe it! :3:

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Honestly, it's really lame to be back in Austin, Tx after traveling so much this month. We were hoping she would come to Texas and we had originally got tickets to all three TX dates for the Fame Kills tour, but honestly driving to San Diego and New Orleans were the most fun I have ever had in my life. I implore you all to make a road trip with friends to the nearest date on her tour even if its a state or two away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrybogard
Dec 29, 2009
Congrats on meeting Her, meeting stars like that, that are very down to earth & just want to have fun with they're fans are the reason Music has a chance to get better. Thanks for posting & the laughs I got!

• Locked thread