Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bennyfranks
Jun 23, 2005

IGNORE ME!

I like it when famous people are nice in real life :3:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Winszton
Oct 22, 2008

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Honestly, it's really lame to be back in Austin, Tx after traveling so much this month. We were hoping she would come to Texas and we had originally got tickets to all three TX dates for the Fame Kills tour, but honestly driving to San Diego and New Orleans were the most fun I have ever had in my life. I implore you all to make a road trip with friends to the nearest date on her tour even if its a state or two away.

Yeah I also wish she would come to Texas.

Grushenka
Jan 4, 2009
I can't deny my love anymore. I reviewed The Fame for a newspaper I worked for and said it was trite and annoying and her fifteen minutes were ticking...

...oh God I was so wrong. Sell the house, sell the wife, sell the kids, I love Lady Gaga and I'm never coming back.

Rummanging
Sep 26, 2008
Question about the lyrics in "Telephone":

"and I cannot text you with a drink in my hand"

Why not? Since when was texting a two handed activity? Whenever I hear this line I it makes me :confused:

Rummanging fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Dec 31, 2009

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830
Even

Julien Sorel fucked around with this message at 08:33 on Jun 30, 2014

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

anima_maxima posted:

I can't deny my love anymore. I reviewed The Fame for a newspaper I worked for and said it was trite and annoying and her fifteen minutes were ticking...

...oh God I was so wrong. Sell the house, sell the wife, sell the kids, I love Lady Gaga and I'm never coming back.

You need to write a re-review. The wronged must be righted!

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
Yeah, I like the Fame Monster. No use in denying it. It's great because Lady Gaga is right below Kyuss and right above Lantlôs in my music library.

postmodifier
Nov 24, 2004

The LIQUOR BOTTLES are out in full force.
MOM is surely nearby.

Rummanging posted:

Why not? Since when was texting a two handed activity? Whenever I hear this line I it makes me :confused:

all the cool people use QWERTY phones now, you should probably get one too if you're gonna text people in the club

with both hands

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Sprat Sandwich posted:

You need to write a re-review. The wronged must be righted!

Agreed. A re-review, a retraction, an apology. You must spread the Gaga Gospel!

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

anima_maxima posted:

Haha, I also think you should see if you can do a re-review, just because it would quite aptly reflect the way Lady Gaga songs grow on you in strange, hard-to-notice ways.

LuckyTaikonaut
Oct 14, 2005
A small step for me, a huge leap for chinkdom
Oh god this is so unintentionally funny, it's almost good again.

Lady Gaga versus Megan Phelps in Whorish Face

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/...34_0019b9e56dac

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

LuckyTaikonaut posted:

Oh god this is so unintentionally funny, it's almost good again.

Lady Gaga versus Megan Phelps in Whorish Face

http://www.entertonement.com/clips/...34_0019b9e56dac

I love the little "God hates you" replacing "I love it"

tuckfard
Dec 9, 2003

Just chillin
Which song(s) does she wear that awesome gold viking outfit for? Because that is just awesome.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

tuckfard posted:

Which song(s) does she wear that awesome gold viking outfit for? Because that is just awesome.

She wears it for The Fame, Money Honey, and Beautiful, Dirty, Rich. All three of these kind of flow together into a medley. When I saw her in Boston, she played Fashion which apparently was only for a short time on the tour.

edit: Also apparently she has been switching her wardrobe lately. The picture of her with her hair tied to the rings is from Paparazzi. When I saw her the first two times, she came out with very long Rapunzel like hair which was carried by like 6 dancers then she got on the scaffolding which then raised up then these guys with giant scissors came and cut off the hair. Also there were INSANE videos being played behind her while she performed. The best parts of the show were Dance in the Dark and Just Dance. I didn't have any pictures of Dance in the Dark but the one with her high in the air with a keytar is from Just Dance.

F.F. Woodycooks fucked around with this message at 04:38 on Jan 1, 2010

Uterus Spacecraft
Feb 7, 2009
Wait a second, people seriously like Lady Gaga? Does she even write any of her own music? And by that I don't just mean the lyrics, I mean the actual music. I really know nothing about her, but I once heard poker face and was totally appalled. If she creates, produces, and masters the music and vocals herself then I guess that is commendable, but otherwise she is just another awful pop artist. I really don't get her appeal! She is kind of like Bjork (style wise) except without all the wonderful lyricism and music.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Uterus Spacecraft posted:

Wait a second, people seriously like Lady Gaga?

Nah we're just playin'

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005
I completely ironically have 100ish Lady Gaga plays on last.fm. It's ironic bitch.

But for real why do you care if she produces and masters the music? Yes she writes her own music but why does she have to produce and master it too :confused:

Final Fart Buttball fucked around with this message at 05:03 on Jan 1, 2010

Uterus Spacecraft
Feb 7, 2009

Final Fart Buttball posted:

I completely ironically have 100ish Lady Gaga plays on last.fm. It's ironic bitch.

But for real why do you care if she produces and masters the music? Yes she writes her own music but why does she have to produce and master it too :confused:

What constitutes writing then? As far as I know she probably hums a general tune and then the actual musicians create the tracks. That is what it seems like, at least.

Although she gains a lot of credibility just because of her relationship with her fans. That says a lot about a person.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.
Brought in the new year properly, singing and dancing to Bad Romance while being filmed. Sure it'll end up on Facebook, but let them see! Its literally impossible to feel any shame when enjoying some Gaga.

Rummanging
Sep 26, 2008

Nova Bizzare posted:

Brought in the new year properly, singing and dancing to Bad Romance while being filmed. Sure it'll end up on Facebook, but let them see! Its literally impossible to feel any shame when enjoying some Gaga.

Snap! Minus the filming bit. The soundsystem at the club went "5 ... 4 ... 3 ... 2 ...1 ...HAPPY NEW YEAR! - rah rah ah ah ah ah" and I went loving crazy. Then four songs later they played Monster. It was excellent.

Actually it may have been filmed. God I hope it wasn't.

CharlesWillisMaddox
Jun 6, 2007

by angerbeet

but I once heard poker face and as totally appalled.

If you were TOTALLY APPALLED over something as harmless as a song, may I suggest a less offensive hobby, like needle point?

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
Yeah yo I hate it when people don't write their own songs, I bet she is just like that loving poser Mozart who had someone write all of his music to! :rolleyes:

ANYWAYS ON TO SERIOUS DISCUSSION:

I tried to ring in the new year with a lil' GaGa myself but was unsuccessful. My friend didn't want "any of that garbage" playing in his house, even though his wife and I disagreed! Oh well I listened to it in my car on the way home; so gently caress you buddy! :colbert:

epic weed mom
Sep 1, 2006

Nova Bizzare posted:

I had a similar experience, but for some reason everyone at the party I was at wanted Alejandro. At first I was hesitant, because it's my least favorite song off the album- but after last night I must say it's grown on me a fair bit.

Happy new year :toot:

spite house
Apr 28, 2009

If she creates, produces, and masters the music and vocals herself
Nobody does this. Trent loving Reznor doesn't do it all himself. Are we seriously holding pop musicians to this standard now? Cause if we are, go right on ahead and throw away every CD you own.

(You are probably just screwing around, but COME ON.)

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Happy new year Gagatics! Let's hope for some awesome videos, awesome b-sides, maybe an EP, some mindblowing concert antics and crazy outfits!

WOOO!

El Golden Goose
Jul 23, 2007
My first song of the new year was Boys Boys Boys - I am so straight it is awesome.

Programmable Soda
Aug 8, 2008

Dark Weasel posted:

I had a similar experience, but for some reason everyone at the party I was at wanted Alejandro. At first I was hesitant, because it's my least favorite song off the album- but after last night I must say it's grown on me a fair bit.

Happy new year :toot:

Alejandro is incredibly catchy. It's one of my favorites along with Bad Romance and Teeth. And whoever said it was reminiscent of Ace of Base was spot on.

The first GaGa song I heard was Just Dance, and I didn't like it. I thought it sounded way too generic and I just dismissed her as another talentless skank. Then I heard Poker Face and I thought it was catchy. Then it was the Paparazzi video. And when Bad Romance came out, I was hooked.

I guess it's easy to label GaGa as another product of the music industry, carefully crafted to harvest as much money as possible in little time. But as you begin to dig deeper, you realise that she's one of a kind. She reminds me a bit of Tori Amos: to really get them, you have to explore their universes: their songs, videos, interviews, live performances... the whole package.

Cele
Oct 9, 2008

CHANGE
we can believe in
'Just Dance'd into the new year. All the spectacularly negative reviews just make me love her even more; I bet she becomes the pop queen for the next decade.

Happy 2010 everyone!

nah thanks
Jun 18, 2004

Take me out.

What constitutes writing then? As far as I know she probably hums a general tune and then the actual musicians create the tracks. That is what it seems like, at least.

Although she gains a lot of credibility just because of her relationship with her fans. That says a lot about a person.

You are aware that Lady Gaga broke into the music business by writing songs for artists like Brittany Spears and the Pussycat Dolls, right?

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Dark Weasel posted:

Nah we're just playin'

We're just bluffin with our collective muffins

Burb
Dec 28, 2009

Programmable Soda posted:

The first GaGa song I heard was Just Dance, and I didn't like it. I thought it sounded way too generic and I just dismissed her as another talentless skank. Then I heard Poker Face and I thought it was catchy. Then it was the Paparazzi video. And when Bad Romance came out, I was hooked.
Same experience. I can't deny it any more - this metalhead likes her music quite a lot. I think I'll download her album.

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

Facially, she looks a LOT like Madonna in some of those photos. Madonna back before she looked like an emaciated bodybuilder with a face made of silly putty, that is.

Grushenka
Jan 4, 2009
I'd love to do a rewrite, but I don't work for that newspaper anymore and I live in another country. However, if I recall correctly, the article was pretty heated. I objected to some article where'd mentioned she was inspired by David Bowie and Queen, and I said that talentless hacks name-drop legends to give themselves credence.

I was so, so wrong, and my ex-coworkers have not let me live it down, but I don't care.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
The Videophone video with Beyonce and Gaga is laughtastically horrible. The way the song is produced I didn't like. On the other hand Telephone is a fun song, I take back at not liking it.

Or is it Sputnik
Aug 22, 2009

Oh, Ho-oh oh oh, oh whoa oh oh oh
I'll get 'em caught, show Oak what I've got

Gatts posted:

The Videophone video with Beyonce and Gaga is laughtastically horrible. The way the song is produced I didn't like. On the other hand Telephone is a fun song, I take back at not liking it.
Videophone is awful, even G looks so... bland.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

What's interesting is why she looks that way.

Lady Gaga posted:

When I was doing her video with her, she called me, and she said, "‘What do you want to do?" And I’m like, "I don’t want to show up in some frickin’ hair bow and be fashion Gaga in your video." I said, "I want to do you..." The whole time I was learning the choreography they were calling me Gee-yonce."

Free Market Gravy
Sep 17, 2005

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

What's interesting is why she looks that way.

Gaga loving gets "it." Not everyone gets her, but she gets "it."

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

It's kind of her philosophy on collaboration. Maybe it's because of how she started out.

Lady Gaga posted:

I really wanted to sit down with Wale before I wrote the hook [for "Chillin"], because to me, it's really lame when people send you tracks, and they're like, "All right, Gaga, throw your vocals on it." This is Wale's record. It's not my record. It's one of those songs, one of those tracks and one of those videos that you can't stop listening to.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Free Market Gravy posted:

Gaga loving gets "it." Not everyone gets her, but she gets "it."

And she actually seems like she's having fun playing up those personas/that image.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grushenka
Jan 4, 2009

Gatts posted:

The song is strange but I cannot get over the guys with the cameras for heads. And I like that Gaga didn't show up in her own shtick, but genuinely wanted to enhance the track rather than overwhelm it.

Also the guys with cameras for heads.

• Locked thread