Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.

notlodar posted:

No way, Dexter is awesome!!

I am embarrassed by pretty much every party photo I have except for thiis.

We're just posting funny and embarrassing now, right? I'm looking at you benisntfunny.

I could do embarrassing photos of myself for hours. If photos aren't enough I have pathetic videos too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hop Pocket
Sep 23, 2003

notlodar posted:

No way, Dexter is awesome!!

Hah, I didn't mean anything bad by it. And yeah, Dexter is awesome.

CheddarGoblin
Jan 12, 2005
oh
You can't really see my face this is probably pointless. I don't have many self portraits though.

edit: here we go, from a friend.

CheddarGoblin fucked around with this message at 21:46 on Dec 26, 2009

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01

Hop Pocket posted:

Dexter!

I have heard this before... never seen that show though.

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

My ex took this. I think she was trying to get me to look like Freddie Mercury holding a flash or something.

Mannequin
Mar 8, 2003

Mannequin fucked around with this message at 03:44 on Dec 1, 2010

SoundMonkey
Apr 22, 2006

I just push buttons.

Mannequin posted:

I'm going to choose to believe that your shirt says "AF", and that you wear it to show your support of autofocus.

Also hats off to you for taking so many self-portraits - I know I'm not the only on here who hates taking them.

Dread Head
Aug 1, 2005

0-#01
It could also be art fag. I wish I had some better photos of my self, self portraits are very hard.

benisntfunny
Dec 2, 2004
I'm Perfect.
Rule says I can post as many as I want right? I went through and tried to find as many pictures of me looking slick as I could.

and this one... someone put this caption on this years ago and thought I was insulted. I'm a hetrosexual but I find it funny anyway.
:nws:
http://www.imben.net/me/gah.jpg

Tigertron
Jan 19, 2007

Tiger, tiger, burning bright

pr0digal
Sep 12, 2008

Alan Rickman Overdrive
welp, might as well join the party of goofy looking photo goons

psylent
Nov 29, 2000

Pillbug

HELLO INTERNETS

AIIAZNSK8ER
Dec 8, 2008

Where is your 24-70?

psylent posted:

HELLO INTERNETS

that face matches what you said so well.

brad industry
May 22, 2004
This thread is ruining the tone I read some of your posts in.

The only photos I have of myself are either light tests or standing in on someone else's set:

tryin to not look into a strobe, then getty tagged this with "depression" and sold it to a pharmaceutical company :smith:

fact: all photo assistants have beards

brad industry fucked around with this message at 20:31 on Dec 29, 2009

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Self-portraits are important. You may never show them to anyone, and that's fine, but do them anyway.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Paragon8
Feb 19, 2007

brad industry posted:

tryin to not look into a strobe, then getty tagged this with "depression" and sold it to a pharmaceutical company :smith:

This is the greatest photography FML ever.

I've been going through my parents old photos and scanning in some good ones:

My mother made awesome costumes.

notlodar
Sep 11, 2001

brad industry posted:

that emoticon looks amazingly like you

Jahoodie
Jun 27, 2005
Wooo.... college!

The Dorkroom: Like 75% Young Skinny White Guys with Beards

UserNotFound
May 7, 2006
???

Jahoodie posted:

I'm 25lbs over weight! White, and bearded, though....

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

Genderfluid
Jun 18, 2009

my mom is a slut

torgeaux
Dec 31, 2004
I serve...

Jahoodie posted:

I'm pulling up the average on two out of three categories, and bringing down the fourth.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

That's a pretty hardcore bike, PS.

KingColliwog
May 15, 2003

Let's go droogs

Jahoodie posted:

I fit the stereotype (and have long hair to boot), should find a picture. There aren't much of me that I like so I might just post an horrible one.

evil_bunnY posted:

More of a truck than a bike if you ask me. The front looks like it's made of plate armor or something

PlasticSun
Feb 12, 2002

Unnaturally Good

KingColliwog posted:

evil_bunnY posted:

More of a truck than a bike if you ask me. The front looks like it's made of plate armor or something

Thanks! The front is mostly Polyamide 6 Nylon which is like really thick car bumper material. That stuff makes up the 2 extra gas tanks. Most of the bike is from Touratech the engine, wheels, frame and swing arm are from a BMW F650 GS Dakar.

I think I have about 3-4 photos of myself and about 3K of that bike.

Bread Zeppelin
Aug 2, 2006
Stairway to Leaven
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RangerScum
Apr 6, 2006

lol hey there buddy
Here is a series of me going from happy to insanely depressed/just plain insane.

Munkaboo
Aug 5, 2002

If you know the words, you can join in too
He's bigger! faster! stronger too!
He's the newest member of the Jags O-Line crew!
- 400m @ 2.8... gently caress that lens must have cost a lot of money

VoodooXT posted:

Did it Gordon Willis style.

Can you stop and travel through time?

Munkaboo fucked around with this message at 01:59 on Dec 31, 2009

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Munkaboo posted:

Can you stop and travel through time?

I thought this exact same thing. The resemblance to Hiro (from the show Heroes) is uncanny.

Whoa Now
Dec 20, 2008

I lurk, but I just got my first camera so hopefully I'll start posting a bit more.

Arinel
Aug 16, 2006
How does the water of the brain yield the wine of conscious experience? - Some one quoted it once.
First self portrait of the year.
Blinded myself for a bit doing this. :P

Eeek
Mar 1, 2003

edit: dammit, I lost the text.

It seems I have very few pictures of me. The first one is the old mirror trick. I think every one has a picture like that. Next is the first time on the field. The last is the suite of the guy who owns the Jaguars. I set that up, stuck it on timer and grabber the shot in between shoots of the owner.

Eeek fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 1, 2010

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Eeek posted:

The angle of the flash, camera, and arms suggests a swastika. I'm not sure if that was intentional or not.

fenner
Oct 4, 2008

Regressor
Apr 9, 2009
Don't have very many of myself, but just scanned through some friends' Facebooks and found:

dakana
Aug 28, 2006
So I packed up my Salvador Dali print of two blindfolded dental hygienists trying to make a circle on an Etch-a-Sketch and headed for California.

Regressor posted:

Don't have very many of myself, but just scanned through some friends' Facebooks and found:

Is... is that a sto-fen

guidoanselmi
Feb 6, 2008

I thought my ideas were so clear. I wanted to make an honest post. No lies whatsoever.

what i have on ayb

recent action shot

i later broke that tripod when using it as a hiking stick, which hurled my 645N at the ground. camera came out ok, but i was screwed trying to shoot slow film for the rest of the trip.

RKD
Jul 23, 2003
Resident BOFH
Here is me (on the right obviously, the other one is another #c):

and and in the various states of beardedness.

Regressor
Apr 9, 2009

dakana posted:

Is... is that a sto-fen

I'm guessing so. In his defense, though, we were just inside the couple's hotel covering the preparation right before. I think by that point, we were only using flash as fill since we were under the harsh sun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

8th-snype
Aug 28, 2005

My office is in the front room of a run-down 12 megapixel sensor but the rent suits me and the landlord doesn't ask many questions.

Dorkroom Short Fiction Champion 2012

Young Orc

dakana posted:

Is... is that a sto-fen

Not really a bad thing. Just eats a bit of power. Now the people that use sto fens outside with the head angled up....

• Locked thread