Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Porcupine Hunted
Sep 7, 2008

gently caress you! I'm trying to write a paper! Now I'm all distracted...

Those people are awesome. You're awesome too.

Ninja edit: Here's an interesting/funny rendition of Bad Romance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3drUmvuoOY

Porcupine Hunted fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 11, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rummanging
Sep 26, 2008
Might not necessarily be his video, considering Gaga did tweet it, but if it is then that just makes it more awesome. I loved it.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

not me, no.

I'm not that gay.

I am that gay

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.
That whole video was loving rad; the bloopers were especially cool. :3:

Sgt Karate Chop
Feb 28, 2008

Do you seriously think I'd explain my master-stroke if there remained the slightest chance of you affecting its outcome? I did it thirty-five minutes ago.
I loving love that Gaga regularly updates her Facebook and Twitter page herself. On facebook at least she posted the badder romance video, simply adding "holy poo poo".

Backweb
Feb 14, 2009

Porcupine Hunted posted:

May we hear some of the other music you people are responsible for while we wait? (Youtube accounts, pretty please)

I rarely post in this thread, but I think this is an exception considering it's Gaga's doing:
I don't have a youtube account for my music, but I've been putting some sketches of mine onto tindeck. Most are very rough and suck, but I have a near complete sketch here, all thanks to Gaga getting me back into the saddle (sounds nothing like her stuff, planning it to be more E6/SS sounding):

(Backstory: Back in college I picked up guitar, wrote some songs which I've since recognized half of which suck and am current working on fixing up. I got into glam rock about two years ago (though I'd always liked Elton, I picked up Bowie, The Ark, Electric Six, Scissor Sisters, etc.), and when I realized Gaga was the second coming of Bowie and Madonna wrapped up into one amazing act it inspired me to get back into songwriting.)

Firequirks
Apr 15, 2007

Well, add another convert to the list. Same story, basically. Oh great, more soulless pop but with even more sexual videos, haha disco stick is kind of funny though, you know when it comes down to it I really do like to listen to Pokerface, I got no shame in liking some pop songs (hell I still have some Britney), I should check out other Lady Gaga songs on youtube, oh Bad Romance is the new one, I should check it out.

holy poo poo

There is something else going on here.

I haven't heard all of her songs yet, and I was considering buying The Fame Monster double-CD, but I guess it's all still censored? I'll wait.

Edit: I'm still not ready for the world to know how I feel yet, though. I've resigned myself to probably having to buy a single concert ticket when she comes this way again.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I think it's censored for now. You can, however, find the uncensored Australian release. But, what you need to do is go to YouTube and listen to 'Dance in the Dark' and 'Monster.' There is a lot of ear candy.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Porcupine Hunted posted:

Ninja edit: Here's an interesting/funny rendition of Bad Romance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T3drUmvuoOY

This makes me angry for some reason.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Firequirks posted:

Edit: I'm still not ready for the world to know how I feel yet, though. I've resigned myself to probably having to buy a single concert ticket when she comes this way again.

It's hard being a Gaga fan sometimes. Nobody understands you and they call you gay. Just know that we're here for you and we've got your back because WE understand.

TomWaitsForNoMan
May 28, 2003

By Any Means Necessary
i am lady gaga irl

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

HVD posted:

i am lady gaga irl

I will pm you my address please mail me a polaroid camera, heartbeats, and lock of hair. Thanks

Burn Zone
May 22, 2004

I recently got two Lady GaGa shirts.

I have this shirt, which I picked up at Hot Topic for $20.00.

And this one I got on wordboner.com,

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp
Was coming on to post how I liked a few of her songs but I felt like people were growing an unhealthy obsession over her, then I read the thread, :ohdear:

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Bluedust posted:

Was coming on to post how I liked a few of her songs but I felt like people were growing an unhealthy obsession over her, then I read the thread, :ohdear:

What we just love here, wanna fight about it? :ese:

(I keed, I keed)

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
I listened to "Eh, eh, nothing else I can say. Cherry, cherry, boom, boom." and yeah, dude...we're so gay.

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
Goin to the second detroit show...how can I convince security that I have floor seats so that I can get closer to gaga

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

You are being shagged by a rare Parrot!
:parrot:

helsabot posted:

Goin to the second detroit show...how can I convince security that I have floor seats so that I can get closer to gaga

:a2m:

Any news on new albums coming up?

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Ezzie posted:

:a2m:

She hasn't even released the second single from the one that come out in November...

Rummanging
Sep 26, 2008
The Red and Blue EP is so so good. It's really interesting to hear pre-gaga gaga, and it shows she can write more than just straight pop.

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

Ezzie posted:

From GagaDaily, who Lady Gaga herself is aware of and has mentioned: "Just got official confirmation - Lady GaGa will release her third album in late 2010!"

Ezzie
Apr 14, 2008

You are being shagged by a rare Parrot!
:parrot:
Ah brilliant, thankyou. :) Will be looking forward to it. I'd love for her to do some more songs in the style of 'brown eyes'. One of my favourite songs by her.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Final Fart Buttball posted:

From GagaDaily, who Lady Gaga herself is aware of and has mentioned: "Just got official confirmation - Lady GaGa will release her third album in late 2010!"

poo poo, I hope she gets it done before I'm off to basic.

Yes, that's the biggest concern I have about being drafted.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Gatts posted:

I listened to "Eh, eh, nothing else I can say. Cherry, cherry, boom, boom." and yeah, dude...we're so gay.

I love her. Study her. Listen to her and watch her videos (sometimes on repeat) throughout the day and even I can't listen to that song.

Ma_NiC
Mar 6, 2004

Thornes posted:

I love her. Study her. Listen to her and watch her videos (sometimes on repeat) throughout the day and even I can't listen to that song.

Yeah, that's one I always skip over. That, and Starstruck are the worst two songs on either of her albums.

Honey Im Homme
Sep 3, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hR16fOWIN0

:allears:

helsabot
Apr 25, 2005
This is the worst vacation ever.
Starstruck is one of the best on the Fame (not hard)

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
does anyone else think lady gaga's face has been getting sharper/less fatty/more unhealthy over time? just comparing her face in the bad romance video to pokerface

also, http://i.imgur.com/0A68X.jpg lady gaga + maths

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?

Jinnigan posted:

does anyone else think lady gaga's face has been getting sharper/less fatty/more unhealthy over time? just comparing her face in the bad romance video to pokerface

Isn't that just style, makeup, whatever? In Bad Romance alone she has MANY different looks. Some of them a bit ugly to me.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Jinnigan posted:

does anyone else think lady gaga's face has been getting sharper/less fatty/more unhealthy over time?
I think her face looks much better now than it used to.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
You guys who don't like Eh, Eh, Nothing Else I Can Say should try the "electric piano and human beatbox remix".

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Skilleddk posted:

You guys who don't like Eh, Eh, Nothing Else I Can Say should try the "electric piano and human beatbox remix".

Listen to this person. It is one of the best remixes of her music, including acoustic versions.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood
I can also recommend other remixes, Starsmith remix of Bad Romance is pure disco. Then there's a great mashup of Just Dance and Journey's Don't Stop Believing called Just Stop Believing. I also like Robots to Mars remix of LoveGame.

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

Skilleddk posted:

The scary part is I don't hate it.

texting my ex
Nov 15, 2008

I am no one
I cannot squat
It's in my blood

Gatts posted:

The scary part is I don't hate it.

What, are you afraid someone is going to walk in on you listening to it, and singing along?

Anyway, I got a question. I'm thinking of buying the Lady GaGa sunglasses (from her official shop). I live in Sweden, so I'll be paying a total of 28 bucks. Are they worth it, or should I shop more (to reduce shipping costs).

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY

Skilleddk posted:

Anyway, I got a question. I'm thinking of buying the Lady GaGa sunglasses (from her official shop). I live in Sweden, so I'll be paying a total of 28 bucks. Are they worth it, or should I shop more (to reduce shipping costs).

My wife has them, and I think she just loves them because they say Lady Gaga on them. They're regular plastic sunglasses that you could get at the dollar store with her logo on the side. Kinda disappointed considering how known she is for her awesome sunglasses.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.
The other day I was picking up some cat treats at my favorite locally-owned pet store. Bad Romance came on the radio and I didn't notice until I noticed I was softly singing along to it.

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Skilleddk posted:

What, are you afraid someone is going to walk in on you listening to it, and singing along?

I drive around with the windows down singing along to Boys Boys Boys and give zero fucks who hears me; but I can definitely understand why someone would be reticent to sing along and be called a fag by their peers.

Desert Bus posted:

The other day I was picking up some cat treats at my favorite locally-owned pet store. Bad Romance came on the radio and I didn't notice until I noticed I was softly singing along to it.

ONE OF US.

ONE OF US.

ONE OF US.

Bluedust
Jan 7, 2009

by Ralp

Ma_NiC posted:

Yeah, that's one I always skip over. That, and Starstruck are the worst two songs on either of her albums.

What about Love Game? That one I can't get through.

Still she's pretty drat awesome.

edit: I know I'll get called a bandwagoner or something, but I like her songs like Speechless and Paparazzi, they're a lot less poppy than most songs, but I also liked Madonna's Living on a Prayer back in the day because I found it less poppish.

Bluedust fucked around with this message at 06:25 on Jan 13, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kara Thrace
May 14, 2008

by Peatpot
Paparazzi and Telephone ft. Beyonce are my favourite songs.

But I am so in love with the Video Phone Remix video. Although, it is funny when she tries to dance with Beyonce there. Trying to do the black girl hair flip... But she's still amazing.

• Locked thread