Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

Kat McDee posted:

And is your drunk life just a joke?"

I thought she said punch-line instead of drunk life.

On that note, in Pokerface, does anyone else hear her say "I'll get him hard, show him what I got"? Sometimes I'll hear her clearly say "hot" but sometimes it really sounds like "hard." I like to think she's saying hard because it's raunchier and GaGa doesn't give a gently caress.

As for Alejandro I think I just need to be in the right frame of mind for it. Sometimes I hate it and sometimes it's catchy. Fernando.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Porkchop Express
Dec 24, 2009

Ten million years of absolute power. That's what it takes to be really corrupt.

Action Man posted:

Ok, so I've been reading this thread for a while and I think I'm ready to admit it...

I think TFM is a pretty great album :gay:

There I said it.

Its ok we are all friends here. :glomp:

Also no one should ever need to feel embarassed to admit they like a band or singer; even though thats easier said than done. As they say haters gonna hate, gently caress the haters.

Molten Llama
Sep 20, 2006

Thornes posted:

On that note, in Pokerface, does anyone else hear her say "I'll get him hard, show him what I got"? Sometimes I'll hear her clearly say "hot" but sometimes it really sounds like "hard." I like to think she's saying hard because it's raunchier and GaGa doesn't give a gently caress.

P-p-p-poker face, p-p-gently caress her face.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

I got a new headset for my comp tonight and tested it on some Gaga songs. :3: The beats on her songs are so much better with some kick-rear end bass.

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

you can't take the sky from me

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I got a new headset for my comp tonight and tested it on some Gaga songs. :3: The beats on her songs are so much better with some kick-rear end bass.

Ha, when I first heard Fame Monster through my nice headphones I could not wipe the grin off my face.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Look Under The Rock posted:

Ha, when I first heard Fame Monster through my nice headphones I could not wipe the grin off my face.

I know! I've been addicted to So Happy I Could Die for the last few days because it had one of the best beats on the whole album, in my opinion, and it is unreal on these new headphones. So awesome :3:

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

RedneckwithGuns posted:

I know! I've been addicted to So Happy I Could Die for the last few days because it had one of the best beats on the whole album, in my opinion, and it is unreal on these new headphones. So awesome :3:

I think Monster and Teeth have the best beats, but to each his own.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Dance in the Dark has the best music on the album to me

Blue Scream
Oct 24, 2006

oh my word, the internet!
Dammit I need some new headphones :( I just listened to Alejandro on a system that's better than mine and I'm craving that sound again.

Irilly Dunnoe
Jan 13, 2010

But when turning her head at an extreme angle fails to produce a life-altering epiphany, she usually just short-circuits and rolls on her back.

Thornes posted:

I thought she said punch-line instead of drunk life.

She says "punch line" in the album version, but for some reason, she seems to change up her lyrics for live versions now and again. for the AMAs, she also changed the verse from "I can't believe how you looked at me/With your James Dean glossy eyes" to "slurred at me", which is from the second verse. Just seemed to drive home the whole alcoholism theme even further.

She's also apparently sung the line "Raise a glass to mend all the broken hearts of all my wrecked up friends" as "all my hosed up friends" in live performances.

Edit: I stand corrected, she says "drunk line", not "drunk life". Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7lOQdYQ1Ykg

snail goat
Dec 12, 2006

you shouldnt doubt yourself
you know more about goats than you give yourself credit for
Speaking of lines we hear wrong, I really thought the line "I wish he never looked at me that way" was "I never wish SHE looked at me that way." Maybe it's all in my head, and I understand how they'd sound similar (the same) but I can't not hear it that way. And it'd make sense, because it's Gaga.

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Dance in the Dark has the best music on the album to me
I read that as Dancer in the Dark and thought you were talking about the incredible Bjork film. Now I'm convinced Lady Gaga is ripping off Bjork. Too bad her music sucks in comparison.

Redditor
May 20, 2008

sendin' out an S-M-S:
don't mess with texters

HP Hovercraft posted:

I read that as Dancer in the Dark and thought you were talking about the incredible Bjork film. Now I'm convinced Lady Gaga is ripping off Bjork. Too bad her music sucks in comparison.
Pretty much everyone's music sucks in comparison to Björk's.

Björk :swoon:

HP Hovercraft
Jan 1, 2006

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse

Redditor posted:

Pretty much everyone's music sucks in comparison to Björk's.

Björk :swoon:
This is true, it just seems to me that Lady Gaga aped her whole style without actually trying to make interesting music.

In my opinion Lady Gaga doesn't have an interesting idea in her head yet tries to compensate by being "bizarre" and generating controversy and publicity for herself, and of course people eat it right up. Real artists like Bjork don't have to pretend to be hermaphrodites to be awesome.

Aericina
Mar 3, 2005

Meez, please.

FakeBlood posted:

I unironically love lady gaga. She's trolling the music industry and being wildly successful at the same time.

I know this is way back on page 2, but she clearly admits this in the Oprah interview from last Friday:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tTu5urB6ArA

Although I'm not sure I really *get* the explanations of the outfits over the pre-famous club story of the leather thong and "I just wanted to do it."

sethsez
Jul 14, 2006

He's soooo dreamy...

HP Hovercraft posted:

This is true, it just seems to me that Lady Gaga aped her whole style without actually trying to make interesting music.

Bjork didn't invent eccentricity, and if you think she wasn't just as calculated with her image as Gaga is then you're naive. Bjork's Icelandic pixie image is a huge factor in her success and it's pretty easy to forget that a decade after she was big news. I love her music (though I found her last couple albums to be... uneven at best), but she didn't just wake up and say "I think I'll wear a swan to an awards ceremony today" as though it was divine suggestion.

And if Lady Gaga's ripping off anyone it'd be Madonna from the early 80s. Both the music and the image match a lot closer.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

A joint venture of Matsumura Fishworks and Tamaribuchi Heavy Manufacturing Concern

HP Hovercraft posted:

In my opinion Lady Gaga doesn't have an interesting idea in her head yet tries to compensate by being "bizarre" and generating controversy and publicity for herself, and of course people eat it right up. Real artists like Bjork don't have to pretend to be hermaphrodites to be awesome.

You may be in the wrong thread but if you don't enjoy Lady Gaga that's fine too as long as you're not gonna start some giant argument.

From my own experience I don't think you can really debate Gaga with people. Either they like her or they don't. The ones that get converted tend to do it on their own. Trying to "explain" what she's about just doesn't work. It just clicks one day or it doesn't click at all.

Nova Bizzare
Jun 2, 2006

...and it made me smile.

HP Hovercraft posted:

Jerk!

el.bartq
Jan 13, 2010

HP Hovercraft posted:

bjork isn't top 40 pop, so she kinda playing a different game

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Also Bjork is pretty unlistenable, sorry.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
Bjork punches papparazi, Lady Gaga wrote a song about them

Final Fart Buttball
Jun 24, 2005

The Remote Viewer posted:

This is an argument in Bjork's favor

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

Bjork is from Iceland. All arguments from both sides destroyed.

snackcakes
May 7, 2005

The Remote Viewer posted:

She wrote a song about them being responsible for celeb death.

Porcupine Hunted
Sep 7, 2008

Discussing whether one or the other singer is more skilled, original or "eclectic" is pointless. Björk and Gaga both do their thing, they must both be pretty good at it - given their dedicated followers.

MORE GAGA:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cy9A9mbKbMM

(I'm sure this has been posted before, but it's still awesome.)

Also:
"what a show last night, my little monsters are everything.thinking its time to get a little monster tattoo.thoughts? headed to rehearsal"
-Lady Gaga@facebook

I'd love to see her with one Gustave Doré's illustrations of Lucifer. But she'll probably get something cutesy...

Irilly Dunnoe
Jan 13, 2010

But when turning her head at an extreme angle fails to produce a life-altering epiphany, she usually just short-circuits and rolls on her back.

Porcupine Hunted posted:

"what a show last night, my little monsters are everything.thinking its time to get a little monster tattoo.thoughts? headed to rehearsal"
-Lady Gaga@facebook

I keep getting this strange hankering to go out and get a tattoo of (RAH)² (AH)³ + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA)² + (OOH)(LA)²

I think I'll wait, I just wish I didn't love clever math so much.

Irilly Dunnoe fucked around with this message at 03:43 on Jan 22, 2010

Blue Scream
Oct 24, 2006

oh my word, the internet!

Porcupine Hunted posted:

-Lady Gaga@facebook

What should we suggest :allears:

Blue Scream fucked around with this message at 04:00 on Jan 22, 2010

swimming anime
Jan 4, 2006

Kat McDee posted:

I keep getting this strange hankering to go out and get a tattoo of (RAH)² (AH)³ + [ROMA (1+MA)] + (GA)² + (OOH)(LA)²

I love gaga but please don't permanently mark your body with inherently disposable music.

Kara Thrace
May 14, 2008

by Peatpot
Good god, I am starting to love "So Happy I Could Die" so bloody much.

Matlock
Sep 12, 2004

Childs Play Charity 2011 Total: $1755

zerojake posted:

I love gaga but please don't permanently mark your body with inherently disposable music.

I have a Stryper tattoo, listen to this man.

Cathojic
Jun 29, 2009
She's really won me over, and it's been a loving long time since I've said that about a pop act :o:. Pop has been dying for a figure like her. I wonder if she can keep it going with subsequent albums though.

Cathojic fucked around with this message at 01:13 on Jan 23, 2010

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Kara Thrace posted:

Good god, I am starting to love "So Happy I Could Die" so bloody much.

It's spreading. :3:

Seriously, I know that it's about being hosed up, but it's such a happy song I don't care.

SilverThread
Jun 18, 2004

Kick the Emo
Lady Gaga on tonight with Barbara Walters!

http://abcnews.go.com/2020/

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Kat McDee posted:

Do it! If anything it'll be funny to look back on. Tattoos don't really need a deep meaning.

Irilly Dunnoe
Jan 13, 2010

zerojake posted:

Matlock posted:

I have a Stryper tattoo, listen to this man.

Fear not, this is the reason for my waiting, let the inspiration wear off and see how I feel about it then. I know music/band tattoos in general are typically a poor idea, so I really don't think I want to, but the idea keeps popping into my head.

This does, of course, make me wonder if anyone else in this thread has gotten inspired to get some Gaga ink done...

Look Under The Rock
Oct 20, 2007

Kat McDee posted:

Fear not, this is the reason for my waiting, let the inspiration wear off and see how I feel about it then. I know music/band tattoos in general are typically a poor idea, so I really don't think I want to, but the idea keeps popping into my head.

This does, of course, make me wonder if anyone else in this thread has gotten inspired to get some Gaga ink done...

Thought about getting "I'll follow you until you love me" and some little kids holding hands but then I decided to get skeletons on fire instead

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
Maybe it's been posted before but check out 2:40 at least

<object width="560" height="340"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTaVkbl3Dp4&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qTaVkbl3Dp4&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></embed></object>

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

I've not seen it posted before and it made me giggle like a school girl

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I hadn't seen any mention of the couple of leaked songs from The Fame Monster that's been on YouTube for a while, I only just found out about them. Reloaded and No Way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Irilly Dunnoe
Jan 13, 2010

Blodskur posted:

I hadn't seen any mention of the couple of leaked songs from The Fame Monster that's been on YouTube for a while, I only just found out about them. Reloaded and No Way.

There seem to be a whole bunch, actually.

This channel seems to have a lot of supposedly unreleased tracks, including Second Time Around and Let Love Down (which sounds a fair bit like Brown Eyes). You have to scroll a bit through the video list, and there's a sprinkling of non-Gaga content, but overall worth taking a look through to find some interesting material. Some of it seems to be audio from pre-Gaga performances.

• Locked thread