Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!

Pug posted:

http://www.youtube.com/user/iamamiwhoami#p/a/u/0/4yAI5_YXNqI

Is apparently going viral in the music world. Theorists believe it to be any number of artists, including lady gaga.

Can any internet detectives out there confirm or deny?

Mystery solved via teeth analysis: http://www.biguglyyellowcouch.com/post/2010/2/11/iamamiwhoami.html. She's someone named Little Boots.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rotten Cookies
Nov 11, 2008

gosh! i like both the islanders and the rangers!!! :^)

God loving drat it.
...so I like Lady Gaga now. gently caress.

....It's not so bad. :3:

Redditor
May 20, 2008

sendin' out an S-M-S:
don't mess with texters

drainpipe posted:

Mystery solved via teeth analysis: http://www.biguglyyellowcouch.com/post/2010/2/11/iamamiwhoami.html. She's someone named Little Boots.
Little Boots is part of the post-Lily Allen UK popstress scene. She's probably the least strong of the main four artists in such (the other three being Bat for Lashes, La Roux, and Florence + the Machine).

I must say, though, this is very different from her usual stuff.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

drainpipe posted:

Since she doesn't have her own thread, I will point out that Little Boots is actually pretty cool. She's like the Salieri to Lady Gaga's Mozart, which isn't supposed to be an insult because if you listen to Salieri's work it's actually quite good if not exactly groundbreaking

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
I do hope it is Little Boots. I'm a big fan of her music and found it a shame she didn't take off more in the UK.

Programmable Soda
Aug 8, 2008

Redditor posted:

Little Boots is part of the post-Lily Allen UK popstress scene. She's probably the least strong of the main four artists in such (the other three being Bat for Lashes, La Roux, and Florence + the Machine).

I must say, though, this is very different from her usual stuff.

Woah, I wasn't expecting her to be Little Boots. I like her work, she's got a nice sound and some catchy melodies, although I prefer La Roux. I get what you mean with the whole postress scene, but I think Bat for Lashes and Florence + The Machine have more in common with each other than with Little Boots and La Roux (who are closer to GaGa and Ladyhawke imo).

In GaGa related news, have you guys seen the Sims 2 remakes of her videos?
Bad Romance and Paparazzi are particularly well done; the attention to detail is impressive, regardless of the whacky Sims dance moves.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
It is the opinion of both myself and several of my college-aged neck-beard friends that Lady GaGa is the greatest troll to have ever lived, anywhere, ever. S/he is able to take anachronistic dance elements and place them to different anachronistic musical elements while wearing still radically different costumes (which are simply radical, not anachronistic) and make this "art." I had never seen the video for Bad Romance until yesterday, and up until that time I had simply dismissed Lady GaGa for being another transient blond starlet; but, then I beheld the coordinated Downs Syndrome and choreographed seizures (plus exploding tits!) and was struck with awe. I will be a fan of Lady GaGa long after s/he fades from public memory.

e: I still feel sorry for the poor thing over her inability to remember how to put on pants.

Addamere fucked around with this message at 20:22 on Feb 12, 2010

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost
For some reason to me everything she's recorded sounds at worst okay to good to famtastoc with nothing bad. I seem to like just about every single thing she's done. I don't think I've ever thought that about any music star/musician/whatever.

Those Dollar Bills are great. I wonder why we always get new songs coming out that don't seem to stay hidden until they're released on an album.

Diamonds On MY Fish
Dec 10, 2008

I WAS BORN THIS WAY
I LOVE Little Boots! I constantly find myself having her album Stuck On Repeat.
I really hope she gets big when it comes out in the US (March 3rd I think?)

Mr Gentleman
Apr 29, 2003

the Educated Villain of London

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Ha my friend posted this on her Tumblr

ahaha is there a big version of this?

who wants chicken
Mar 2, 2009

Dave, the point of the story is... let's see, hernia, wild animals, Nixon... hell, it's in there somewhere. I'm glad I could help you out.

Nietzschean posted:

It is the opinion of both myself and several of my college-aged neck-beard friends that Lady GaGa is the greatest troll to have ever lived, anywhere, ever. S/he is able to take anachronistic dance elements and place them to different anachronistic musical elements while wearing still radically different costumes (which are simply radical, not anachronistic) and make this "art." I had never seen the video for Bad Romance until yesterday, and up until that time I had simply dismissed Lady GaGa for being another transient blond starlet; but, then I beheld the coordinated Downs Syndrome and choreographed seizures (plus exploding tits!) and was struck with awe. I will be a fan of Lady GaGa long after s/he fades from public memory.

e: I still feel sorry for the poor thing over her inability to remember how to put on pants.

there is no :goonsay: big enough holy poo poo

Here is a polka version of Bad Romance (starts at 0:30). It's better than it sounds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RgRwIVMfM4

varlet
Feb 10, 2010

I would use every crayon in my box

who wants chicken posted:

Here is a polka version of Bad Romance (starts at 0:30). It's better than it sounds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RgRwIVMfM4

... woah. I wonder if it's possible for Bad Romance to sound bad, ever.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

who wants chicken posted:

there is no :goonsay: big enough holy poo poo

More of a ska cover than a polka cover

Dopefish Lives!
Nov 27, 2004

Swim swim hungry

varlet posted:

... woah. I wonder if it's possible for Bad Romance to sound bad, ever.

You obviously didn't watch American Idol this week.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Dimentia posted:

You obviously didn't watch American Idol this week.

Forgot to post about that! I thought those two versions were HORRENDOUS. Way too over dramatic and just plain bad-sounding. Definitely not a way for most of America to hear the song.

STEVIE B 4EVA
Nov 13, 2005

girl in the slayer jacket            i am searching for you

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Definitely not a way for most of America to hear the song.

25 million viewers is big numbers, sure, but hardly "most of America," besides which, "Bad Romance" has been top 3 US Airplay since 2009 and has already gone platinum.

Lancelot
May 23, 2006

Fun Shoe
Surprisingly good "Speechless" cover: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ByKk8jy6aCo

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

STEVIE B 4EVA posted:

25 million viewers is big numbers, sure, but hardly "most of America," besides which, "Bad Romance" has been top 3 US Airplay since 2009 and has already gone platinum.

I meant it more in the sense of what a lovely way for a lot of Americans to hear a popular song.

Dancing Peasant
Jul 19, 2003

All this for stealing a piece of bread? :waycool:

I know this is the Lady Gaga thread, but I have to admit to loving Little Boots as well. Her style definitely reminds me of Gaga as well as people like Kylie Minogue.

Also, listening to "Remedy" by Little Boots is immediately addicting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McdqerXrwXE

Anyway, back to Lady Gaga.

Wampa Stompa
Aug 15, 2008

I literally have no idea what I just saw in there!
Grimey Drawer
There's a 19 hour marathon of Lady Gaga interviews and videos on Fuse right now. It started at 11:00 AM EST and will run until 6:00 AM. I just turned it on, but the interviews seem pretty good so far. There are a ton of commercials, though :(.

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Dancing Peasant posted:

I know this is the Lady Gaga thread, but I have to admit to loving Little Boots as well. Her style definitely reminds me of Gaga as well as people like Kylie Minogue.

Also, listening to "Remedy" by Little Boots is immediately addicting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=McdqerXrwXE

Anyway, back to Lady Gaga.

Thanks, because I didn't have enough gay poo poo on my IPOD already. I "came out" to loving Lady Gaga and catch plenty of grief for that, but I have to keep this a secret or else people might really think I'm :gay:.

Sprat Sandwich
Mar 20, 2009

Pah! I have so much gay poo poo on my player that I really don't care anymore if someone finds out about some new stuff on it.

Also when my stuff was last called gay because of some Ladyhawke song was on the guy who was giving me a hard time crashed into a tree. Make of that what you will.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

There are 3 shots of the Telephone video up on Lady Gaga's website. Bitch outdid the hairbow with the motherfucking HAIR TELEPHONE

edit: Got to a PC here's the shots

F.F. Woodycooks fucked around with this message at 07:43 on Feb 16, 2010

Your Proud Pal
Sep 4, 2006

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

There are 3 shots of the Telephone video up on Lady Gaga's website. Bitch outdid the hairbow with the motherfucking HAIR TELEPHONE

dear lord i need this video

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
This promises to be one hell of a video.

Action Man
Jan 31, 2007

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

ahaha hoooly crap. She sure knows how to act like a crazy person :allears:

Jarl
Nov 8, 2007

So what if I'm not for the ever offended?

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

Not at ALL what I expected. I imagined some semi-generic club video. What the hell was I thinking considering the artist?

Thewlis
Feb 24, 2006

Custard Coloured Superdream

Wikipedia posted:

The music video was filmed January 28, 2010 by director Jonas Åkerlund. New York magazine reported that the concept of the video involved Beyoncé bailing Gaga out of jail. Published photos from the set portrayed Gaga and Beyoncé shooting for scenes of the video in the truck that Uma Thurman's character drove in Quentin Tarantino's 2003–2004 film Kill Bill, called the "Pussy Wagon". The video was shot outside Los Angeles on January 28, 2010 in Lancaster, California. Other concepts of the video involves scenes at a diner, a cameo from singer Tyrese Gibson, and a prison shower scene. Gaga and Beyoncé will wear "destroyed denim pieces" by designers Frank Fernández and Oscar Olima.

On February 5, 2010, Gaga had an interview on KIIS-FM with Ryan Seacrest. She explained that the video is a continuation of the video for "Paparazzi", and like "Paparazzi", it will be a short film. The video picks up where "Paparazzi" left off; she's in jail for killing her boyfriend, but she's actually having a good time behind bars and doesn't want to leave. She is constantly getting phone calls, but refuses to take any until she gets the call she wants. She further commented on the video saying, "I feel so bad for the ‘Bad Romance’ video ’cause the ‘Telephone’ video’s so much better. What I like about it is it’s a real true pop event, and when I was younger, I was always excited when there was a big giant event happening in pop music and that’s what I wanted this to be." Semi Precious Weapons confirmed to MTV news that they have a cameo in the music video. They also revealed that in the video they die. The band's frontman, Justin Tranter announced, "Yeah, we are in the 'Telephone' video and we die in it, [...] And I think that's probably all I'm allowed to tell ... And, I think, what people have already talked about : It's very Tarantino-inspired, sort of like violent melodrama glamour."

I need this video in my life right now.

magnificent7
Sep 22, 2005

THUNDERDOME LOSER
She's looking very Winehouse in the hippie getup. I'm just saying.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Sprat Sandwich posted:

Crosspostin' from PYF

These are awesome.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

F.F. Woodycooks posted:

The only word I can think of is :swoon:

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer
This Alphabeat cover of Telephone/Bad Romance is brilliant.

drainpipe
May 17, 2004

AAHHHHHHH!!!!
She's come a long way since Just Dance.

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001
I thought music videos as an artform were pretty much dead before I saw Bad Romance.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Gaga to headline Lollapalooza?

Action Man
Jan 31, 2007

Thewlis posted:

I need this video in my life right now.

I didn't really have strong feelings about 'telephone' at first, but I'm officially excited about this video.

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

Gaga is going to perform Dance in the Dark (my personal favorite song of hers) on the Brit Awards tonight!

Yer Burnt
Feb 26, 2007

Brit Awards performance. Telephone (Acoustic) and Dance In The Dark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ByiLIosTPA

Edit: changed link for better synching.

Yer Burnt fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Feb 16, 2010

The Remote Viewer
Jul 9, 2001

Yer Burnt posted:

Brit Awards performance. Telephone (Acoustic) and Dance In The Dark.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HpaI9fUO5Y

This is really out of sync for me.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I love her use of masks in her outfits.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

F.F. Woodycooks
Jul 24, 2006

magnificent7 posted:

She's looking very Winehouse in the hippie getup. I'm just saying.

Well the reason she dyed her hair blonde was because with her natural hair color, she looked WAAAAAAY too much like Amy Winehouse

• Locked thread