Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zool
Mar 21, 2005

The motard rap
for all my riders
at the track
Dirt hardpacked
corner workers better
step back
Yes, I can confirm it will run like crap if that hose comes undone. Your getting may be a little rich at high speeds/throttle openings. But the po probably didn't rejet for the aftermarket pipe, and it will work itself out nicely.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hazlen
May 5, 2007
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

Zool posted:

Step 1: Move to a state that still allows you to road legalize dirtbikes.

:sigh: This is heading in the direction of all posts directed at CA Residents in TFR.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

redscare posted:

At the rate poo poo's been going today, you might not even have time to empty the garage of surplus bikes before that!

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3119867&pagenumber=3&perpage=40#post371696348

:parrot: Race you, bitch! :parrot:

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Bitch if I didn't already have two bikes...

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Z3n posted:

What about the carb equalizer? Route it to the airbox?

Yep. Drill a hole in it and stuff the hose in.

Krakkles
May 5, 2003

I just have to say this right now:

:smug:

More later.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.
Well, fixed the chain that was a link too long, changed the oil on the ZX6R and the Z1000, lubed chains, etc. Tomorrow I'll dive into the front forks on the F2, and sometime soon it'll get a new chain, then it'll be drat near ready to go.

Today I picked up a mirror for the F2, sprocket cover for the ZX6R, and...well, that's about it. Kind of a long day for not getting much done :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

F2's up for sale.

It's up for 1800$ on CL but I'll let it go for 1400$ to a goon.

CL ad:
http://santabarbara.craigslist.org/mcy/1592548507.html

quote:

1994 Honda F2
39k miles
Clean title

Aftermarket parts:
Frame sliders
D&D Slip On

Recent maintenance:
New brake pads and rear rotor
New chain
Oil and coolant changed in the last 500 miles
Tires have good tread but are old
Brake fluid just flushed
Valves djusted 100 miles ago
Comes with PDF repair manual

Problems:
Minor cosmetic flaws
Needs fork seals changed, I have a set and fork oil that will go with the bike.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post
$50 posted.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

2ndclasscitizen posted:

$50 posted.

Only if you ply me with australian delicacies. :colbert:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Z3n posted:

Only if you ply me with australian delicacies. :colbert:
$50, four packs of Tim Tams, and a bottle of Vegemite shipped.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I'll deliver a case of Fosters, straight to your door, no shipping required. I'll even wear Crocodile Hunter clothes and talk with that hilarious accent :clint:

FlerpNerpin
Apr 17, 2006

Endless Mike posted:

$50, four packs of Tim Tams, and a bottle of Vegemite shipped.

I can match this deal from Seattle. Save a bundle on shipping and send to me!

Edit --\/\/ drat!

FlerpNerpin fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Feb 9, 2010

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

$50...and ONE PENNY!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Holy crap tim tams look delicious. Screw the money, 50$ worth of tim tams is all I need :neckbeard:

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

Well then its settled.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Sweet. I can't wait for my new F2.

(And yeah, Tim Tams kick rear end.)

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sloppy posted:

I'll deliver a case of Fosters, straight to your door, no shipping required.

He said Australian delicacies.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

2ndclasscitizen posted:

He said Australian delicacies.

What, like kangaroo steaks? C'mon man, it's Australia.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Sloppy posted:

What, like kangaroo steaks? C'mon man, it's Australia.

I was referring more to the Fosters. (No Australian would ever drink that swill.)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Well, yesterday I pulled the front forks on the ZX6R. I've got pictures of everything coming apart and going back together if anyone wants to see it, it's pretty straightforward. I also did the wire mod on it, which means it pulls pretty nicely from 13k+. I also confirmed the sale on dimplebutt, although I'll have it for a little while longer until my friend comes down from canada to pick it up.

And I relisted the bikes, this time on the LA craigslist, because santa barbara craigslist is a ghost town. I hate not living in a major metro area because it's such a pain in the rear end to sell bikes. :sigh:

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Got more interest in the bikes on CL in LA, but of course it's a bunch of dudes being jerkoffs. No, I won't take 3100$ because that's all you got and yo' car is broke. Your 02 YZ250F, despite being what I'm looking for, is not worth 3k.

Installed new exhaust gaskets on the truck, I probably have some form of debilitating lung cancer now from grinding down the gaskets to fit. Stupid auto store, unable to get me the right gaskets even with measurements. :argh: At least it fits now.

Also changed the oil on the ZZR1200...maybe I should go run all of this to the disposal facility...

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Man that beast takes a lot of oil!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Endless Mike posted:

Man that beast takes a lot of oil!

It sure did take a lot till it started coming out of the fill hole! :downs:

Most of that was gone through in this month. Sigh. Between 5 bikes and the g/f's truck I have to buy a lot of oil :(

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Sold the 636! :woop: Made a grand total of 150$ on it...which sounds good until you realize that my friend was right. He said: Flipping bikes will make you money as long as you value your time at around 10c an hour. :eng99:

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
If you count it as half money paid for entertainment, and half money lost for labor, you break even, and everything else is pure profit.

Also, consider how the time spent on the bike keeps you from sinful activities.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

/giggles wildly

I suppose that all depends on whether or not one considers committing moving violations to be sinful :)

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

If you count it as half money paid for entertainment, and half money lost for labor, you break even, and everything else is pure profit.

Oh, I'd still absolutely do it. I made money, I learned a bunch, had some fun, got to ride a 636, it was a good experience all around. Sold it to the most :3: french guy ever...he hopped a 5 hour train ride to come up and buy the bike. Which is ballsy, considering he only knew me from some craigslist posting and a couple of e-mails. He sent me a text when he got home and said the bike was great, which is the best feeling ever after selling a bike.

Raven457 posted:

/giggles wildly

I suppose that all depends on whether or not one considers committing moving violations to be sinful :)

Oh believe me, the sinful's gonna be going down, here's the g/f's new bike:

quote:

These are the mods on the bike:

2003 DRZ400S converted SM with
Excel 17” rims with gold Talon hubs
434cc Cylinder Works big bore kit (12:1 compression)
Hotcam Stage 2 intake cam
Hotcam Stage 2 exhaust cam
CVK 40mm carburetor
Motomaster 4 piston front caliper
320mm oversized brake rotor
Motormaster rear brake rotor (could use replacement in near future)
Braided stainless front brake line
DRZ400E header and exhaust (larger than stock S and SM stock exhaust without the noise)
3x3 airbox mod
Scotts damper mounting bracket
CNC case covers
Trailtech Vapor tach/speedo
Cylops headlight
KTM supermoto front fender
3.9 gallon Clarke tank
DRZ400E CDI (with 500 higher RPM limit)
APE manual chain tensioner
Sisneros Superstarter Kit (larger ampere battery)
ZX10 rectifier/regulator
Acerbis handguards
Wide footpegs
1/5th turn throttle
Triumph Speed Triple LED brake light (super bright)
Brake light modulator
Suzuki OEM rear rack
Shaved down stock seat
Water pump fix/mod
Replaced fork oil, clutch cable and clutch plates @ 8k ago.

The bike also comes with new chain and sprockets, newish meaty set of tires, a bunch of front brake pads, stock piston and block, stock cams, inner tubes, and misc plastics.

Valves were checked less than 500 miles ago and were always within specs and never needed new shims.

The only downside to the bike is that it has 36,000+ commute miles.
I had 30,000 miles on the original stock bore and install the big bore kit ~6k ago.

The price reflects the high miles but it is a great fun bike for the city and twisty. The engine has been bullet proof.

Thanks.

Thing is AWESOME.

:flashfap:

Hazlen
May 5, 2007
[img]https://forumimages.somethingawful.com/images/newbie.gif[/img]

I'm assuming that red bull can that's tucked in there is beneficial in some way? :P

edit:

poo poo that thing looks good for 36k miles, nice find.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Cabledude posted:

I'm assuming that red bull can that's tucked in there is beneficial in some way? :P

edit:

poo poo that thing looks good for 36k miles, nice find.

It just covers the reservoir for the shock...it's not on there anymore. And it's back to the stock exhaust, which is nice.

jdonz
Jan 4, 2004

Great find, I'm jealous. Did you sell her Kawisaki already? How much did you pick up the DRZ for? And the most important one, how many wheelies have you ripped already?

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

drat good find on the DRZ. That thing has got to be a blast with all that work done to it.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

jdonz posted:

Great find, I'm jealous. Did you sell her Kawisaki already? How much did you pick up the DRZ for? And the most important one, how many wheelies have you ripped already?

Yeah, the Z1000 was sold to a nice russian dude for a song (2400$), but...we'd only paid 2600$ for it a year and 8k ago. Never did anything to it, either, just oil and gas. DRZ was 3250$, but we paid the guy another 50$ for a 36 liter locking givi case + mount.

As to wheelies...well...I actually haven't had a chance to ride it much, just the test ride and down to the gas station. It's somewhere in the 10-20 range, though. Haha, stupid supermotos.

NitroSpazzz posted:

drat good find on the DRZ. That thing has got to be a blast with all that work done to it.

It's quite fun, but it's sort of interesting...

The way the bike is set up it has some serious midrange but tapers off on the top, probably because the stock exhaust is fairly restrictive and it's using the CVK40 rather than a FCR39/41. But it's quiet and it gets 50mpg, which is more important to her than absolute power. If I were racing it, it'd be getting a pipe and an FCR, but it's her bike and for street riding, stock exhaust, little less power, more midrange, and good gas mileage is where it's at.

And it stops like you hit a brick wall. Full floating 320mm front rotor, 4 piston motomaster brake kit, and it stops like basically nothing else I've ever ridden. It's great.

Pictures from the first ride:

Click here for the full 1536x1152 image.

And it was great that I have a friend (also a goon) nice enough loan me his DRZ so I could avoid riding the ZZR up goat trails :) It was cold but beautiful up there.

Click here for the full 1536x1152 image.

Z3n fucked around with this message at 02:59 on Feb 22, 2010

Armacham
Mar 3, 2007

Then brothers in war, to the skirmish must we hence! Shall we hence?
i have that same top case and i thought it looked huge on my klr O_o

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

How is the case attached to the rack? Also, is that little black pod on the side the part that comes with the rear rack to put the tool kit in?

redscare
Aug 14, 2003

Endless Mike posted:

How is the case attached to the rack?

There's a backing plate (if you will) that goes on top of the rack that the case neatly slots into. Its all plastic clips, but its pretty durable. Probably the best utility farkle you can get.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

Armacham posted:

i have that same top case and i thought it looked huge on my klr O_o

Yeah it's massive but it's so useful! Plus, girl on a supermoto, so it's just adding some additional :psyduck: to the equation.

Endless Mike posted:

How is the case attached to the rack? Also, is that little black pod on the side the part that comes with the rear rack to put the tool kit in?

Yeah, the little black pod is the toolkit holder. The givi stuff is really nice, I understand why people pay through the nose for it.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine
It would be awesome if guys could find girls to work on our toys for us and then get turned on when we play with them.

Raven457
Aug 7, 2002
I bought Torquemada's torture equipment on e-bay!

Z3n posted:

Oh believe me, the sinful's gonna be going down, here's the g/f's new bike:

You'd better start saving for bail money now, sir.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

TheCosmicMuffet posted:

It would be awesome if guys could find girls to work on our toys for us and then get turned on when we play with them.

:allears:

Raven457 posted:

You'd better start saving for bail money now, sir.

Well, it's her bike, and she's pretty much the most responsible rider ever, so...I'm not too concerned. I will be concerned when I starting building mine though. :sigh:

• Locked thread