Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
malefactor
Jul 23, 2006

by T. Finn

thehandtruck posted:

This looks permanent. How much would it cost to stream these mp3's 24/7 for however many users phil's stream was capped at? (Was it 200?)

I have no idea, but I want to know why its been stooped with no warning or explanation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boxman
Sep 27, 2004

Big fan of :frog:

The weird thing is, it looks like the website updated long enough before it went down for Google to capture its new text.

Google posted:

I've gotten literally thousands of e-mails since the Loveline Archive has went off the air. Unfortunately, I simply have absolutely no prayer to even begin ...

I'm guessing that concludes with "to even begin to pay for this" or something similar. I miss it too, guys. :(

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Boxman posted:

The weird thing is, it looks like the website updated long enough before it went down for Google to capture its new text.

I'm guessing that concludes with "to even begin to pay for this" or something similar. I miss it too, guys. :(

The cached version on Google comes up with that quote being from May 07, so I don't think it's current. Even still, not having that stream is a huge letdown, apart from my podcasts and Stern on Sirius, that's about all I listen to while working on homework.

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

Cached version here, no mention of the recent downtime. He just bought an SSD a few months back to resolve performance issues.

The main site is up, just the loveline subdomain is down.

I've just been playing random tracks from the other loveline archive in the mean time.
http://loveline-archive.info/loveline/

malefactor
Jul 23, 2006

by T. Finn

Boxman posted:

search the text, that is something from 2007

quote:

05-07-07: Stream went down due to yet another ices segfault. I've gotten literally thousands of e-mails since the Loveline Archive has went off the air. Unfortunately, I simply have absolutely no prayer to even begin to respond to them all. As such I am still looking for an archive maintainer or three. Duties would simply be to respond to e-mails to grab shows others have to contribute, organize the shows properly, and do basic shoutcast admin tasks.

Arturo Ui
Apr 14, 2005

Forums Bosch Expert
All right I've gone through this whole thread and compiled a list of stuff I'm looking for/want explained that hasnt been mentioned yet...would appreciate any help.

- date of the "What's my dad doing in Israel" call
- origin of Drew's "you have a small penis you fag" drop
- origin of Adam's "you can't artic...you can't articulate yourself ANY better than that?"
- origin of the drop with girl saying "but he was really sweet!"
- Drew drop "grandes exitos en espanol..."
- date of the episode with Drew flirting with Peta Wilson and Drew's wife calling in
- date of episode with Alec Baldwin ("Do you own a ranch in oh-hi?")
- infamous "bad" shows with Chumbawamba or At the Drive-In
- episode where they test the theory that pineapple juice makes semen taste better
- origin of the racist Asian drops ("chow! ching chong chay!")

Instrumedley
Aug 13, 2009

Arturo Ui posted:

- date of the episode with Drew flirting with Peta Wilson and Drew's wife calling in

This *might* be the show, but MediaFire isn't responding so I can't download it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yhhrzity2wh

Teepkick Shakur
May 16, 2008

by XyloJW

Vintersorg posted:

Re: Carolla's Podcast

I just started listening at the start of December and caught up with some of the big names I wanted to hear. Lately though it seems all he's doing are these loving improv shows and it seems it's all just a grab for cash and not interviewing interesting people. 2010 is off to a lovely start. Hell, the only good thing lately was the Roddy Piper interview (and thats cause he was raised here in my city which was mentioned -- Winnipeg).

Then you should find another podcast to listen to. What you hate is what he's all about.

Hydrogen Oxide
Jan 16, 2006
H2Woah

Arturo Ui posted:

Think this was from 2002 sometime, possibly 2001.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes

Instrumedley posted:

This *might* be the show, but MediaFire isn't responding so I can't download it:

http://www.mediafire.com/?yhhrzity2wh

Just downloaded and listened to it, it's not the one.

What Fun
Jul 21, 2007

~P*R*I*D*E~

Phone posted:

In the Ask/Tell Thread: Tell me how to stop elder abuse and neglect

Guilty. I literally couldn't not post that, it was the only thing in my brain when I saw that thread title.

I have been conditioned.

RitualConfuser
Apr 22, 2008

Arturo Ui posted:

- origin of Adam's "you can't artic...you can't articulate yourself ANY better than that?"
I don't know the date but it's from a Dr. Bruce episode.

Arturo Ui posted:

It's from a movie. Looks like it might be from Robin Hood: Men in Tights?

RitualConfuser fucked around with this message at 06:06 on Feb 22, 2010

nah
Mar 16, 2009

Today is the one year anniversary of Carolla's podcast :unsmith: He's had some horrible shows, but it's still pretty impressive that he's done this on a mostly-daily basis for an entire year. 270+ episodes is pretty crazy.

Also, they're selling the entire first year on DVD on Carolla's site for 35 bucks.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

bananasinpajamas posted:

35 bucks.

umm

Holy Cheese
Dec 6, 2006

Rushmore posted:

umm

He can be funny but not that funny. Most of the guests I've never even heard of but that's because I'm English.

GobiasIndustries
Dec 14, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
He mentioned something about screaming at his wife and tossing a phone at the door..was this all in one episode, and if so which one?

FCKGW
May 21, 2006

I just noticed that the loveline-archive.info site has this notice:

quote:

Update (2/12/2010): The way I've been hosting this may not be viable anymore. With the growing amount of traffic and content, a dedicated server might be required. If this is the case, I might have to ask for donations to keep the site up. I'll put a PayPal donate button here if that's the case. I'd need to come up with about $120 a month for the server (and donors would of course be given shell access!). I should know within the week if that'll be required.

Hopefully, that site doesn't disappear as well. I might figure out how to setup my dedicated server with a limited stream for a few goons.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

GobiasIndustries posted:

He mentioned something about screaming at his wife and tossing a phone at the door..was this all in one episode, and if so which one?

They never posted it because they didn't want to air that kind of stuff. At least that is what I remember them saying when it was mentioned before.

I almost want to pay the $39.99 to hear it, but I wouldn't ever re-listen to any of the podcasts, so I am going to opt out.

RightClickSaveAs
Mar 1, 2001

Tiny animals under glass... Smaller than sand...

Brekelefuw posted:

They never posted it because they didn't want to air that kind of stuff. At least that is what I remember them saying when it was mentioned before.
Nah it was definitely up on the website at the time, but this was before they got on Itunes, and it was basically just them putting a direct download link to the MP3 on their site. It was actually the second ever podcast he did, dated 2/24/09, and Dr. Drew was there with him. I'd imagine like a lot of the older ones though, it's just not available to download directly anymore. I put it up on mediafire, I don't know how much bandwidth that can take though, so someone feel free to mirror if you have better hosting: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywvdyywmm2z/2009.02.24ACP.mp3

I was actually just listening to it today at work again, it's really interesting. It was basically just him and Dr. Drew sitting in a room in his house shooting the poo poo with no format or restrictions, which I'd always wanted to hear since I got hooked on Loveline. The phone bit really didn't seem like that big a deal, and was actually pretty funny (even though he was obviously pissed and you can hear the phone hitting the door). He rants for a good 10-15 minutes about people doing things that annoy him while Dr. Drew is laughing and trying to calm him down.

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
A year into the podcast is a good enough time to opt out I think. I've had enough of his show. I'm a young person and Adam is an old cynical guy, I don't think I need his voice in my head. Good times though.

Bamm Bamm
May 7, 2007

I'm not a playa, I just fuck a lot.

jyrka posted:

A year into the podcast is a good enough time to opt out I think. I've had enough of his show. I'm a young person and Adam is an old cynical guy, I don't think I need his voice in my head. Good times though.

I'm with you. Haven't listened yet this year, don't think I will any time soon. I'll check it out if/when he shows up on Loveline.

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

Rushmore posted:

umm

Over 200 hours of content is worth $35 even if Adam's hit-or-miss.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

Magnificent Quiver posted:

Yeah, but 200 hours of content you can easily get for free? This is a DVD that anyone can put together in less than a day if they want.

I love Adam and want to see him succeed, but this seems like a horrible purchase.

Rushmore
Jun 3, 2005

My name's Rushmore, and I'm the Biggest Idiot Ever!

Almost all of it is free. a dvd is like 20p.

Maybe :10bux: but not 35. and it's very hit and miss

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What's weird is that if you pay the $35, you're actually paying to sift through the chaff for the wheat.

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.

Ez posted:

Yeah, but 200 hours of content you can easily get for free? This is a DVD that anyone can put together in less than a day if they want.

I love Adam and want to see him succeed, but this seems like a horrible purchase.

Oh but don't you understand, this is none of that compressed for itunes stuff! This is the highest quality of a lovely quality podcast!

Seriously that bit did make me laugh. It's not going to fix any of the horrible sound issues because Donnie doesn't really know what he's doing.

dnz
Jul 18, 2008

Arturo Ui posted:

I think this one was on a cd#3 in my car, I'll dig it out tomorrow and see if I can tell you what show, or the range of shows it's in.

e: it might also just be the drop itself, but I don't think so, since I'm pretty sure it was a full rant

Nemo
Feb 24, 2001

Uh! Double up Uh! Uh!
Adam was on Chris Hardwick's Nerdist.com podcast this week, and it was pretty good.

It's funny though that the sound for the first two Nerdist episodes (Thomas Lennon and Drew Carey) was so much better than the sound on the one at Adam's house. Maybe Adam is haunted by the ghost of a raspy microphone.

AndNowMax
Sep 25, 2009

Fighting the fight for *mumble* *mumble*

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I put it up on mediafire, I don't know how much bandwidth that can take though, so someone feel free to mirror if you have better hosting: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywvdyywmm2z/2009.02.24ACP.mp3

Thanks for this. The phone thing wasn't bad at all, although I had to rewind it a little bit when Adam mentioned Dr. Drew thinks he has Asperger's.

chemosh6969
Jul 3, 2004

code:
cat /dev/null > /etc/professionalism

I am in fact a massive asswagon.
Do not let me touch computer.

RightClickSaveAs posted:

I'd imagine like a lot of the older ones though, it's just not available to download directly anymore. I put it up on mediafire, I don't know how much bandwidth that can take though, so someone feel free to mirror if you have better hosting: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywvdyywmm2z/2009.02.24ACP.mp3

Also available at archive.org
http://www.archive.org/details/2009.02.24acp-Pinsky

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Hopefully I'm able to shed some light on Phil's Loveline Archive being down. My dad just started listening to Loveline about a week before the archive went down, and was enterprising enough to send an e-mail asking what's up. Here's what he got back:

Phil posted:

Mark,

The archive should be back soon. Ran into some server problems which will require a re-install + getting everything back and configured.

Expect at least a few more days.

Thanks!
-Phil

So that's good. On to other issues:

Arturo Ui posted:

All right I've gone through this whole thread and compiled a list of stuff I'm looking for/want explained that hasnt been mentioned yet...would appreciate any help.

- date of the "What's my dad doing in Israel" call
- origin of Drew's "you have a small penis you fag" drop
- origin of the drop with girl saying "but he was really sweet!"
- Drew drop "grandes exitos en espanol..."
- infamous "bad" shows with Chumbawamba or At the Drive-In
- episode where they test the theory that pineapple juice makes semen taste better

First off, the Alec Baldwin episode is January 13, 2003. He's only on half the show.

The pineapple juice episode is most likely long lost. I just recently listened to an episode where Adam talked about remembering where he was listening to Drew do that episode long before Adam ever dreamed of being a Loveline host.

Depending on how badly you want to find the "but he was really sweet!" episode, I'm pretty sure it was early 2001. The first episode I heard was a special episode all about ecstasy in January 2001 and started marching forward from there. I'm pretty sure the "but he was really sweet" was soon after that. "Why you act so stupid like that" and "no, Idrinkalcohol" were within the first few episodes I heard, too.

On that same line of thought, "You can't arti...you can't articulate..." was pre-2001, because that already existed.

I'm not prudent enough to do as you did and scour this thread. Can anyone tell me what episode the "Uh, the world is your oyster, because that's all the world is" came from?

Magnificent Quiver
May 8, 2003

Ez posted:

For free? Do you see an archive of the podcasts anywhere? adamcarolla.com doesn't carry them past the first week or so, and iTunes doesn't carry more than 20.

Ez
Mar 26, 2007

Drink! Feck! Arse! Girls!

For free? Do you see an archive of the podcasts anywhere? adamcarolla.com doesn't carry them past the first week or so, and iTunes doesn't carry more than 20.

The fans on the AC message boards have been archiving them since day 1. I don't know where they're located off by heart, but it's definitely possible to download them all.

EDIT: http://mahalo.30.forumer.com/index.php?showforum=42 Found this in 5 seconds. It's archived up until the point where they started archiving them on adamcarolla.com. I'm pretty sure there's another one somewhere as well.

Ez fucked around with this message at 04:49 on Feb 25, 2010

Phlag
Nov 2, 2000

We make a special trip just for you, same low price.

2000-09-05 has to be my favorite episode. It's Drew's birthday, and Adam is having horrible, horrible gas the entire night. I had to pause it dozens of times to prevent my self from bursting into laughter at work today.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

Phlag posted:

2000-09-05 has to be my favorite episode. It's Drew's birthday, and Adam is having horrible, horrible gas the entire night. I had to pause it dozens of times to prevent my self from bursting into laughter at work today.

This is by far one of the best lovelines. I listened to it at work a few weeks ago and could hardly contain myself....and I work in a quiet room with one other guy who never speaks to me.

Astroturf Neckbeard
Jan 10, 2007
straight to video

Brekelefuw posted:

This is by far one of the best lovelines. I listened to it at work a few weeks ago and could hardly contain myself....and I work in a quiet room with one other guy who never speaks to me.

I was riding on a subway when I listened to that episode, and literally had to bite my hand to keep myself from laughing out loud. Couldn't stop the tears from rolling down my face, though, so I probably looked loving crazy.

And the recent podcast with Bob Schneider was hilarious. So was the Ben McKenzie/Michael Cudlitz episode. Best episodes so far this year, and they were only a few days apart.

BradleyJamers
Jun 5, 2005
Ask me about my fitness log: PYF Not Workouts

Astroturf Neckbeard posted:

I was riding on a subway when I listened to that episode, and literally had to bite my hand to keep myself from laughing out loud. Couldn't stop the tears from rolling down my face, though, so I probably looked loving crazy.

And the recent podcast with Bob Schneider was hilarious. So was the Ben McKenzie/Michael Cudlitz episode. Best episodes so far this year, and they were only a few days apart.

When I first started listening to loveline at work on my mp3 player, my co-workers thought I was going insane or something. I couldn't hear them when they tried to say something a couple isles down. Also I would just randomly burst out laughing. They finally noticed my ear buds and put it together.

I wish there was more episodes with Jimmy Kimmel, those are always the best because of the stories about Adam, or them just letting go on the gas.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
The episode with Schimmel was the last time I laughed out loud in a long time. Don't even remember what cracked me up.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets

UltraRed posted:

The episode with Schimmel was the last time I laughed out loud in a long time. Don't even remember what cracked me up.

Probably how depressing it was. He sounded so down compared to last time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

-Atom-
Sep 13, 2003

Contrarian Dick

Bad At Everything
The latest podcast with Mayhem was really good.

• Locked thread