Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Parachute Underwear posted:

These are pretty awesome (already knew about Jawbreaker), thanks! Also thanks to the others.

Also Rivethead and most/all of the spin-off bands

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

baberaham lincoln posted:

the new Ceremony song slays. WHY WON'T THIS LEAK, 1 MONTH IS WAY TO loving LONG!

I can see why people aren't going to like this (including fans of their older stuff), but I still have quite a soft spot for these guys.

poo poo is way punk

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

I like to move it move it!

answersyouseek posted:

My band, Southside Stranglers (http://www.myspace.com/southsidestranglersrva), is going on tour next week in support of our new single Strangle You. We are playing:

5/4: Durham, NC at The Kent House with Thieves and Shards
5/5: Atlanta, GA at The Cat Cave with ?
5/6: Nashville, TN at Glenn Danzig's House with The Cannomen and Symptoms
5/7: Chicago, IL at The Exit with ?
5/8: Horrible Fest at Now That's Class with a bunch of bands

If you are around any of these cities you should come check us out. I'll be the bass player who can't walk so feel free to come make fun of me for being temporarily handicapped and going on tour anyway.

thats your band? ive been a fan since i first heard you guys. richmond's punk bands are amazing. play closer to me soon.

Donkeylips
Jul 15, 2002

UP THE PUNX UP THE PUNX UP THE PUNX
These guys are my friends. Awesome dudes, and this is their best stuff yet.

Free or donation and in .flac or 320kbps or what have you. Donations will help them make more songs so pitch in if you like it!

http://joycemanor.bandcamp.com/

If you only listen to one song off this ep, make it this one: http://joycemanor.bandcamp.com/track/leather-jacket

Donkeylips fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Apr 28, 2010

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Rooney McNibnug posted:

poo poo sounds good!
I'll probably end up going to your Chicago show.

Awesome! I'm really excited about that show. I hear great things about the scene in Chicago.

Derekman posted:

thats your band? ive been a fan since i first heard you guys. richmond's punk bands are amazing. play closer to me soon.

Yeah I play bass. Richmond does have a pretty sweet punk scene. Always a lot of bands popping up. Where do you live? I want to play anywhere and everywhere so hopefully we can play a show near you next time out.

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

answersyouseek posted:

Awesome! I'm really excited about that show. I hear great things about the scene in Chicago.

Yeah I play bass. Richmond does have a pretty sweet punk scene. Always a lot of bands popping up. Where do you live? I want to play anywhere and everywhere so hopefully we can play a show near you next time out.

johnson city, tn.

our punk scene is semi weak. i'd recommend playing asheville VA. maybe get a band with sunshine SS (dudes from kakistocracy)

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
punk in JC is pretty much limited to Bridge 9/Deathwish style of bro-core. I wish I could be in Nashville for the show at Glenn Danzig's House. That venue rules, the guy who owns it rules, and the Cannonmen are easily one of the most exciting bands on my radar right now. Sadly, I won't be home until the 24th :(

EDIT: seconding Ashville, that town is amazing. There are some great Ashville groups that get ZERO attention outside of Ashville.

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

punk in JC is pretty much limited to Bridge 9/Deathwish style of bro-core. I wish I could be in Nashville for the show at Glenn Danzig's House. That venue rules, the guy who owns it rules, and the Cannonmen are easily one of the most exciting bands on my radar right now. Sadly, I won't be home until the 24th :(

EDIT: seconding Ashville, that town is amazing. There are some great Ashville groups that get ZERO attention outside of Ashville.

you can think what you want.

just because you arent at shows where punk bands play doesnt really mean much.

on that note, what band are you in

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
Sorry for generalizing, the only time I interact with Johnson City scenes is when kids come down to Nashville for shows. Hit me with some awesome JC music. Also, I'm not in a band, I'm not sure where I implied that I was in a band...

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

Sorry for generalizing, the only time I interact with Johnson City scenes is when kids come down to Nashville for shows. Hit me with some awesome JC music. Also, I'm not in a band, I'm not sure where I implied that I was in a band...

i saw amherst mass in your profile and assumed the only time you came down was with a band.

there JC/nashville beef got out of hand a year or two ago between hibbs and I.

I've been to nashville a handful of times and all were cool shows.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
naw, I'm up here for school. My heart's in Nashville though. I've never met Hibbs before, but I've heard that he's a pretty confrontational dude. Meh...

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

anywho. check out my label.

https://www.myspace.com/deadendrecordsjc

real website coming asap.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
I feel like I've see Legion before... that song in the player rules.

Crunchtime
Dec 16, 2005

I feel like I've see Legion before... that song in the player rules.

they just did another split with mammoth grinder. its dudes from die young and coliseum.

Not an Anthem
Apr 28, 2003

I'm a fucking pain machine and if you even touch my fucking car I WILL FUCKING DESTROY YOU.

answersyouseek posted:

My band, Southside Stranglers (http://www.myspace.com/southsidestranglersrva), is going on tour next week in support of our new single Strangle You. We are playing:

5/4: Durham, NC at The Kent House with Thieves and Shards
5/5: Atlanta, GA at The Cat Cave with ?
5/6: Nashville, TN at Glenn Danzig's House with The Cannomen and Symptoms
5/7: Chicago, IL at The Exit with ?
5/8: Horrible Fest at Now That's Class with a bunch of bands

If you are around any of these cities you should come check us out. I'll be the bass player who can't walk so feel free to come make fun of me for being temporarily handicapped and going on tour anyway.

I think bry is setting your show up in chicago, dunno why its at exit because that place is the worst, probably be there so play good or gtfo :)

Lucky duck playing horrible fest, that's going to be great

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
I can't believe I've never thought of this before, but are there any girl led screamo bands in the vein of suis lune, la quiete, pianos become the teeth, daitro, sed non satiata, age sixteen etc.??

i occasionally listen to bands like Rainer Maria, Rilo Kiley, and Camera Obscura, but my real passion is for bands like the above, and I never even entertained the idea of girl screamo before.

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

Wyld Cannon posted:

I can't believe I've never thought of this before, but are there any girl led screamo bands in the vein of suis lune, la quiete, pianos become the teeth, daitro, sed non satiata, age sixteen etc.??

i occasionally listen to bands like Rainer Maria, Rilo Kiley, and Camera Obscura, but my real passion is for bands like the above, and I never even entertained the idea of girl screamo before.

1905 and Circle Takes the Square both have dual guy/girl vocals. I remember I Would Set Myself on Fire for You had a female vocalist but I haven't listened to them in ages so I can't remember if she just sung or did screaming vocals.

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

So I've been listening to the methadones a lot lately, and I hate myself for not giving career objective the listening it deserved to until recently. It's an amazing album, I like it the best of the methadones' releases. Speaking of which, isn't there a new album or something due to be released sometime soon? Anyone have any word on that?

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Quantumfate posted:

So I've been listening to the methadones a lot lately, and I hate myself for not giving career objective the listening it deserved to until recently. It's an amazing album, I like it the best of the methadones' releases. Speaking of which, isn't there a new album or something due to be released sometime soon? Anyone have any word on that?

I haven't heard anything about it, but I imagine it would get pushed back with new Riverdales/Weasel material coming up.

Also, new Rumspringer drops June 2nd. Get it from Traffic Street when it comes. Let me look, I think there's songs streaming now.

e: Yup, go to http://trafficstreetrecords.com/

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 14:44 on Apr 30, 2010

Quantumfate
Feb 17, 2009

Angered & displeased, he went to the Blessed One and, on arrival, insulted & cursed him with rude, harsh words.

When this was said, the Blessed One said to him:

"Motherfucker I will -end- you"

I knew about Tarantula, but what's this about new weasel material?

answersyouseek
Aug 19, 2003

No Moderation

Not an Anthem posted:

I think bry is setting your show up in chicago, dunno why its at exit because that place is the worst, probably be there so play good or gtfo :)

Lucky duck playing horrible fest, that's going to be great

Yeah I think Kenny hit up Bryan for the show. I'm glad he's helping us out. It's a bummer it's at a lovely place. I hope the show goes well though. I hope you make it out. We will do our best not to embarrass ourselves.

aniero
Oct 11, 2009

Parachute Underwear posted:

1905 and Circle Takes the Square both have dual guy/girl vocals. I remember I Would Set Myself on Fire for You had a female vocalist but I haven't listened to them in ages so I can't remember if she just sung or did screaming vocals.

You could make a certain argument that Anomie and Tem Eyos Ki, and to a lesser extent Kill The Man Who Questions, could be lumped into that same category.

vorbis vorbilby
Apr 9, 2001

d-beat dad
Welcome the Plague Year was an amazing screamo band with boy/girl vocals.

Mohammeds Radio
Dec 8, 2007
Get up and dance! Get up and dance or I'll kill ya! And I got the means too!
Drunkdrivers self titled album is probably going to be the best record of 2010 and it's not even getting a fuckin' proper release.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
thats because the rape everyone mostly young girls

Mohammeds Radio
Dec 8, 2007
Get up and dance! Get up and dance or I'll kill ya! And I got the means too!
I once bought a seven inch from their drummer and I was clearly in danger of being raped what was I thinking.

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010
I don't think anyone has asked this before but is anyone going to Cry Me A River Fest in Germany this year?
Here's the line-up:

MILVAINS
DING DONG DEAD
HAMMERS
PLANKS
ALPINIST
DOLCIM
GLASSES
LOMA PRIETA
PUNCH
COMADRE
FARGO
ME AND GOLIATH
RESURRECTIONISTS
MERKIT
GRINDING HALT
JUNE PAIK
TITAN
DANSE MACABRE
BATTLE OF WOLF 359
ZANN
SADDEST LANDSCAPE

I'm awefully disturbed by the lack of Louise Cyphre but I saw them last year so it's not too big of a loss. Pretty psyched about The Saddest Landscape though.

acup
Sep 11, 2001

NeilPerry posted:

I don't think anyone has asked this before but is anyone going to Cry Me A River Fest in Germany this year?
Here's the line-up:

MILVAINS
DING DONG DEAD
HAMMERS
PLANKS
ALPINIST
DOLCIM
GLASSES
LOMA PRIETA
PUNCH
COMADRE
FARGO
ME AND GOLIATH
RESURRECTIONISTS
MERKIT
GRINDING HALT
JUNE PAIK
TITAN
DANSE MACABRE
BATTLE OF WOLF 359
ZANN
SADDEST LANDSCAPE

I'm awefully disturbed by the lack of Louise Cyphre but I saw them last year so it's not too big of a loss. Pretty psyched about The Saddest Landscape though.

:gizz:

I wish I could go to that, but I'll settle for seeing Suis La Lune and Bow 359/June Paik later this summer.

secondhand dog
Sep 10, 2009

Ugh that's a sick lineup. Too bad it's all the way over in Germany. Makes me wish it was happening next spring when I'll be over there.

Mohammeds Radio posted:

Drunkdrivers self titled album is probably going to be the best record of 2010 and it's not even getting a fuckin' proper release.

Yeah, it's definitely my favorite of theirs.

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009
Anyone have any Chaos In Tejas tickets they need to get rid of? I need Bastard and Posion Idea tickets.

NeilPerry
May 2, 2010

acup posted:

:gizz:

I wish I could go to that, but I'll settle for seeing Suis La Lune and Bow 359/June Paik later this summer.

Suis La Lune is pretty badass, would love to see them sometime. And BOW 359 is really amazing live. I saw them last year still thinking they were kinda "meh" and I was simply blown away as I found myself punching the stage like crazy midway their set.

On a similar note, is anyone going to Fluffest? I'm still trying to figure out how to get there cheap.

rivals
Apr 5, 2004

REBIRTH OF HARDCORE PRIDE!

NeilPerry posted:

On a similar note, is anyone going to Fluffest? I'm still trying to figure out how to get there cheap.

gently caress that lineup looks so good. I haven't seen Another Breath in a few years, I'm surprised they're playing.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Oh hey there punk thread

video for the new OWTH song: http://www.altpress.com/features/vid_offwiththeirheads.htm

ChaosNonMusica
Dec 21, 2003

Just found out that Capitalist Casualties is playing in Chicago during the time that I will be there for my sister's graduation. Beyond stoked.

zeldadude
Nov 24, 2004

OH SNAP!
I know its kind of annoying when people advertise their poo poo in here but I doubt you guys check SA-mart and I really need the money, so check out my shirts :(

baberaham lincoln
Nov 19, 2008
http://www.thefader.com/2010/05/06/exclusive-stream-ceremony-terminal-addiction/

New Ceremony track. It's only up for 24 hours... I LOVE it. I must have this album. Why isn't this in my hands RIGHT NOW???

EDIT: I can't stop listening to this loving song. I have this funny feeling that Rohnert Park might end up being a modern classic. Hyperbole? Maybe. But this poo poo is just so good.

baberaham lincoln fucked around with this message at 04:37 on May 7, 2010

thats the straight dope
Apr 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Saw the Murder City devils a couple weeks ago. I think at this point I've seen them more times post-breakup than before.

Anyway, in case any of you guys are into them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PMqhlpqa0wo&feature=PlayList&p=FB45A3B0DE673315&playnext_from=PL&index=0

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
7 Degrees of Stephen Egerton leaked. Or came out. Whatever, I'm looking forward to listening to this

e: Aaaaaa the Milo track is just as awesome as you would think.

BENGHAZI 2 fucked around with this message at 21:19 on May 9, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stevefukkinc
Oct 10, 2004
TUB-THUMPING,
PAROCHIAL
McKNOB
Just wanted to throw out there, Slices are definitely the best new band I've heard since Sex/Vid. (Not that they sound anything alike, just in terms of raw impact.) The slices lp is a total mess, and probably shouldn't work, but it works and gets me moshing.

who likes shirts?