Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
VippiN
Oct 5, 2009
Hey guys, just jumped into NG+ at SL 123 and Adjudicator is quite happily one shotting me and making me tear. Any chance of getting some blue phantom help? NA Server..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crowbear
Jun 17, 2009

You freak me out, man!

VippiN posted:

Hey guys, just jumped into NG+ at SL 123 and Adjudicator is quite happily one shotting me and making me tear. Any chance of getting some blue phantom help? NA Server..

Adjudicator is like, the easiest boss in the game to not get hit by. If you're in melee range he has literally 1 attack that is so slow and predictable that I'm pretty sure I could sit there and dodge it for a half hour without dying.

VippiN
Oct 5, 2009

Crowbear posted:

Adjudicator is like, the easiest boss in the game to not get hit by. If you're in melee range he has literally 1 attack that is so slow and predictable that I'm pretty sure I could sit there and dodge it for a half hour without dying.

Unfortunately I seem to fail at life and always seem to get hit once, usually by the time he has a sliver of health left.

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

VippiN posted:

Unfortunately I seem to fail at life and always seem to get hit once, usually by the time he has a sliver of health left.

Alternatively, just rotate around behind him and hit his lil dealy on the left with a polearm. Takes all the dodging out of the picture!

Vapor Moon
Feb 24, 2010

Neato!
The Human Font
For the best farming you'll need the Soulsucker spell.

Get world 4 to PBWT then go to the Old Hero's archstone and go backwards through the level killing the one reaper then sneak up behind the black phantom dual katana skeleton and Soulsuck him and the two black phantom gold skeletons a bit further up.

On NG+++ with Ring of Avarice and Silver bracer I get 140k souls a run.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch
What the hell. After the absolute nightmare that is 5-2 the Dirty Colossus is disappointingly easy. Or maybe mercifully. That dude is a joke.

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

Yodzilla posted:

What the hell. After the absolute nightmare that is 5-2 the Dirty Colossus is disappointingly easy. Or maybe mercifully. That dude is a joke.

gently caress yeah, run around and stab once he's "clean".

The final boss will literally leave you disappointed in terms of combat.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla posted:

The harder the level, the easier the boss (with the exception of Phalanx). At least that's been my experience.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

VippiN posted:

Put on some armor. If you're getting one shotted by any boss it's probably because you're not wearing any armor or your Vitality is crap although that's hard to believe if you're at SL123.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

IBentMyWookie posted:

Put on some armor. If you're getting one shotted by any boss it's probably because you're not wearing any armor or your Vitality is crap although that's hard to believe if you're at SL123.

What's the lowest vitality you would need to be two-shotted with Black Leather armor? In general.

IBentMyWookie
Apr 8, 2003

Kiranamos posted:

What's the lowest vitality you would need to be two-shotted with Black Leather armor? In general.

Well there are a lot of factors in regards to damage. World Tendency, armor, character tendency, NG+. It's really kind of hard to pinpoint the exact numbers unless these factors are known. Think Black Leather chest provides 75 armor while Ancient king chest is like 98. As for vitality it varies giving some 20-30 hps a pt till about 50 vitality.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Notinghamington posted:

gently caress yeah, run around and stab once he's "clean".

Strafe with Fire Spray. Win.

Notinghamington posted:

The final boss will literally leave you disappointed in terms of combat.

That's fine. I'd rather it be cool and rewarding than needlessly frustrating. Maiden Astraea wasn't hard at all (and could have been even easier had I known what to really do) but drat if it wasn't a cool experience.

Osmosisch posted:

The harder the level, the easier the boss (with the exception of Phalanx). At least that's been my experience.

So the 4-2 boss is going to be cake? gently caress the second half of that level so goddamn hard. Great for grinding though.

And speaking of grinding, what should I be putting my points into for a 75% magic, 25% melee character. Right now I have 30 in Intelligence (enough for five slots) and 30 in Magic for spell power and enough in Strength (18) and Dexterity (13) to use my Crescent Ugaboogatana. Should I put anything in Faith for magic defense or Vitality for health or should I really just keep beefing up magic power? Maybe luck?

e: hrmm...apparently i can use the sword one handed but now i dodge all slow and retarded. what do i have to beef up to fix this?

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 18:40 on May 8, 2010

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!
Get your equipped weight below 50% of the max. I'm guessing you equipped a shield which you didn't have before - take that off, or raise your endurance enough to compensate for the weight of that shield.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Yodzilla posted:

So the 4-2 boss is going to be cake? gently caress the second half of that level so goddamn hard. Great for grinding though.

Dont read this He's blind. Walk slowly with your thieves ring on and he can't see you

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
^^ haha yeah. i actually already knew that though since the description is also kind of his name

Hamburger Test posted:

Get your equipped weight below 50% of the max. I'm guessing you equipped a shield which you didn't have before - take that off, or raise your endurance enough to compensate for the weight of that shield.

Ah. No it's the sword itself. It's heavier than the Dragon Longsword I was using before. Thanks.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

I shall make everyone look like me! Then when they trick each other, they will say "oh that Coyote, he is the smartest one, he can even trick the great Coyote."

Grimey Drawer

Yodzilla posted:

Definitely. Also, once you have either adjudicator's or dark silver shield the second part of 4-2 is pretty easy because their magic block is high enough you can just walk through the death beams.

As far as stats go, spell damage does continue to scale with your magic damage, but there are some diminishing returns as I understand it. If you want to eventually start using the talisman of the beast, Faith is also worth investing in because it will then also increase spell power.

To go back to fast rolling you need to increase your endurance.

Male of the Century
Jan 7, 2004

PISH-POSH!

VippiN posted:

He squeaks every time you should start moving back under his arm. Turn your volume up, get in 2-3 whacks, then start circling around to his back WHILE GOING TOWARD HIS RIGHT ARM so he will swing completely over your head and you will never ever take a hit from him. If you go towards his left side the tail end of the swing will probably get you, as it already sounds like you're not even starting to run until it's way way way too late anyways. The only damage you can take while meleeing this boss is if a rock lands on your head from a platform breaking up above. It's even better if those rocks land on HIS head because they will damage him as well.

Osmosisch
Sep 9, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Note that right arm here means from the perspective of the adjudicator - it's the left if you're facing it. Kind of redundant maybe, but just to clarify.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
:w00t: worlds 2 - 5 cleared! Now all I have left is 1-4 onward.

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

:w00t: worlds 2 - 5 cleared! Now all I have left is 1-4 onward.

And NG+, where the Real Demon's Souls begins!

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Danthrax posted:

And NG+, where the Real Demon's Souls begins!

Oh lord. Is the 1-4 boss the point of no return for leveling my character or am I good to kill him and still grind stuff out before starting the next playthrough? Any super critical poo poo I should know before venturing forth whenever that is?

Notinghamington
Oct 24, 2008

You're Lonely Rolling Gem

Yodzilla posted:

Oh lord. Is the 1-4 boss the point of no return for leveling my character or am I good to kill him and still grind stuff out before starting the next playthrough? Any super critical poo poo I should know before venturing forth whenever that is?

No, the 1-4 boss is not the end, you can still grind like mad, after he dies, 'cause remember, you still have The Old One to take care of.

evilalien
Jul 29, 2005

Knowledge is born from Curiosity.

Yodzilla posted:

If the 1-4 boss is your last boss, then yes you will no longer be able to utilize the MiB for upping your soul level after defeating him.

MonkeyMaker
May 22, 2006

What's your poison, sir?

Yodzilla posted:

If he's your last boss, he's the point of no-return.

:argh: drat you ^^^

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch
I should definitely hold off then. I've still got Doran to take down but then after that I guess it's just me getting to whatever level I feel I should be to take on NG+ and collect whatever weapons I need. You do get to keep everything from your initial runthrough, right?

Mustach
Mar 2, 2003

In this long line, there's been some real strange genes. You've got 'em all, with some extras thrown in.
Everything but keys. Although I say don't worry about prepping for NG+, because it's not massively more difficult than the first time though, and you get a lot more souls from everything.

Kiranamos
Sep 27, 2007

loving 5-2 almost made me quit the game, it was so bad. Whatever Crystal Geckos and poo poo are in there, I don't care, I am not going back.

All that's left is Crystal Gecko hunting and then 1-4, how does soul level 63 for NG+ sound?

Ape Agitator
Feb 19, 2004

Soylent Green is Monkeys
College Slice

Kiranamos posted:

All that's left is Crystal Gecko hunting and then 1-4, how does soul level 63 for NG+ sound?

I feel like it's perfect if you like challenge. I mean, you know what to expect so the low margin of error isn't as severe as when you were first learning and you've got nice tools and spells as well.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Mustach posted:

Everything but keys. Although I say don't worry about prepping for NG+, because it's not massively more difficult than the first time though, and you get a lot more souls from everything.

Awesome.

Kiranamos posted:

loving 5-2 almost made me quit the game, it was so bad. Whatever Crystal Geckos and poo poo are in there, I don't care, I am not going back.

I think I held my breathe for every step of 5-2. I was so paranoid about falling off or getting backstabbed or something. And I loving hate those giant goblins. I basically just put on the black ninja suit or whatever and took it very, very slowly.

e: is there some reason why i can't invade someone's game in world 3? i want to be the boss monk but it won't let me use my black stone.

Yodzilla fucked around with this message at 14:05 on May 9, 2010

Hamburger Test
Jul 2, 2007

Sure hope this works!

Yodzilla posted:

e: is there some reason why i can't invade someone's game in world 3? i want to be the boss monk but it won't let me use my black stone.

Go to the Maneater archstone. You can use black and blue stones at the far end of the small room before the stairs up, maybe the back third of the room or so.

You can also put down either message in any other part of world 3 and you can still be pulled in as the Old Monk.

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
I'm just going to vent here.

gently caress this game.

gently caress this game.

gently caress this game.

gently caress THIS GAME.

gently caress. THIS. GAME.

Went through goddamn 1-2, got to the loving fuckfest of the Fucker Knight and loving couldn't loving kill him because the controls for this game are loving rear end and I kept mysteriously loving rolling to the side and getting hit by his loving goddamn attacks instead of loving sprinting like I was telling my character.

gently caress this game. I hope every developer on it is infected with GRIDS.

gently caress Demon's Souls.

*starts it back up*

Kaptain K
Nov 2, 2007

I must admit, I am fond of you humans.

May you enjoy serendipity,

And may the Age of Fire perpetuate.

Mudlark posted:

gently caress this game. I hope every developer on it is infected with GRIDS.
Wow, this is an old timey curse you've thought up.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Sprinting gets messed up when you have something targeted. :3:

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Beef Witch

Vintersorg posted:

Sprinting gets messed up when you have something targeted. :3:

Messed up? You mean dodging?

Also I took down King Doran but man I kinda feel bad about it. He seemed like a nice guy and gave me his sword and everything but then I gave him the plague and poisoned him and just watch him die. :saddowns:

Danthrax
Jul 11, 2006

Yodzilla posted:

Also I took down King Doran but man I kinda feel bad about it. He seemed like a nice guy and gave me his sword and everything but then I gave him the plague and poisoned him and just watch him die. :saddowns:

That's what I did except I also shot him with arrows and stabbed him in the back repeatedly while running away shouting "You can't catch me, I'm the gingerbread man"

Mudlark
Nov 10, 2009
I need a new controller.

ex post facho
Oct 25, 2007
Demon's Souls: Controller Death

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!

Mudlark posted:

I need a new controller.

You should just go ahead and run to 5-2 right now so you can smash your PS3 in half and get it out of the way.

Arrrthritis
May 31, 2007

I don't care if you're a star, the moon, or the whole damn sky, you need to come back down to earth and remember where you came from
Man, Tower knight is such an easy boss I have never ever EVER died to him.

I have died to phalanx more than I have died to tower knight.

If you are breaking controllers over mr. slow "oh just hit my ankles". Just you wait until you get to the 2-2 boss, or the 1-4 boss, hell the 3-2 boss is pretty bad too.

tl;dr if you want a safe console quit gettin' mad at video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled

Schwack posted:

You should just go ahead and run to 5-2 right now so you can smash your PS3 in half and get it out of the way.

Seriously, if 1-2 and Tower Knight(who is my favorite boss!) drives you into a gibbering rage then 5-2 will cause you to commit genocide upon the races of man.

• Locked thread