Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sectoidman
Aug 21, 2006
Never underestimate the bandwidth of a station wagon full of tapes hurtling down the highway.
The weather was exceptionally nice here for a few days last week, so I washed the bike till it was shiny and took some pictures.

Click here for the full 2048x1536 image.

Unfortunately, I had to commute in the rain this week, so it is no longer shiny and clean, negating my efforts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

2000 GS500E I just bought today. This is ATGATT right?

Rode it home, first bike ever (Took the MSF Basic course though) and like it so far!

ari.gato
Aug 13, 2003

Sir.Tucker posted:

The only real picture I have right now, I'll take a new one tomorrow.

This is while I was cleaning it this past weekend and trying to dampen some of the vibrations from the body pieces.

1992 Yamaha XJ600 Seca II.

Most of the vibe you're going to be getting on a Seca II is on the windshield and the front fairing. If you can get those round rubber / foam discs at a home improvement store and thread the screws through them, that should take care of that vibe. Or you can strip her down naked like I did mine and no vibe ever.

Seriously tho, I know how bad the vibe is. Back when I had my bike faired, it would shake out screws on the regular.

schreibs
Oct 11, 2009

Elendil004 posted:

Slow down! You have a chain in your wheel! :supaburn:

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

schreibs posted:

Slow down! You have a chain in your wheel! :supaburn:

That's why I wasn't going anywhere. My 2 cylinders of 500CC thunder under that tank and it would probably shred that chain like it was nothing.

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat
It's like a rabid pit bull. Gotta keep that beast leashed up, lest it starts eating mailmen and whatnot.

Pagan
Jun 4, 2003

Mcqueen posted:

It's like a rabid pit bull. Gotta keep that beast leashed up, lest it starts eating mailmen and whatnot.

It does have a good bark; there's an aftermarket exhaust on it that sounds pretty sweet. You get a real nice burbling growl when you left off the throttle. A solid first bike for a new rider, and at a decent price, too.

Ecco the Dopefiend
May 3, 2006

Come to the Isle of Tranquilizers... err I mean Tranquility.
Howdy fellow motorcyclist enthusiast goons. :)

Here's me on my old '02 Kawasaki Ninja 600. The previous owner put in an integrated tail-kit and did some modifications to the rear end. Only thing I did was change the gearing ratio and installed a speedohealer to make up for it.

Traded that in a couple of years later and this my new best buddy, 2008 Triumph Speed Triple:

STAY CLEAN DAMNIT!

I haven't been able to change a whole lot so it's pretty stock right now. Just ordered a new seat recently.

TheCosmicMuffet
Jun 21, 2009

by Shine

Mcqueen posted:

guys guys guys... he's trying to make sure no one steals the tree.

duh.

CSi-NA-EJ7
Feb 21, 2007

Ecco the Dopefiend posted:

Your bike looks awesome. Love the speed tripe but for some weird reason I am severely bothered by large quantities of shiny bolts on an otherwise black engine.

CBR1000 does it to me too

But I would gladly own a speed triple any day over any supersport.

frozenphil
Mar 13, 2003

YOU CANNOT MAKE A MISTAKE SO BIG THAT 80 GRIT CAN'T FIX IT!
:smug:

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Your bike looks awesome. Love the speed tripe but for some weird reason I am severely bothered by large quantities of shiny bolts on an otherwise black engine.

I've never noticed it before and now I can't un-see it. Thanks, jerk!

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Goddammit, it looks like a dresser saddlebag. I can't unsee it either!

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.
Finally fitted all the Carbon to the 848 and it looks a million dollars (I think):

Gone for really simple Graphics.

lwoodio
Apr 4, 2008

This is the seller's pic, but it is now my bike. I paid $3500 for it. The muffler and one of the handguards is scratched from a drop, and I think he must have destroyed the fairing and replaced it because the stickers aren't the same. It runs well though, and I wanted to get a 400sm before summer, and there are like none for sale.

jujube
Dec 11, 2004

*Pain!* *Pain!* *Laughter!*

bad-yeti posted:

Finally fitted all the Carbon to the 848 and it looks a million dollars (I think):

Gone for really simple Graphics.

Looks absolutely evil. The tank is staying white? Please say no :(

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.

jujube posted:

Looks absolutely evil. The tank is staying white? Please say no :(

I may get the Tank wrapped, the dealer wants near to £1,000.00 for a CF tank, so that's out. Carbon Dymag wheels on order >:-)

All should be done in time for Party on the Red Planet in Italy in June. :WOOT:

Sir.Tucker
Sep 17, 2006

For the Workforce!

ari.gato posted:

Most of the vibe you're going to be getting on a Seca II is on the windshield and the front fairing. If you can get those round rubber / foam discs at a home improvement store and thread the screws through them, that should take care of that vibe. Or you can strip her down naked like I did mine and no vibe ever.

Seriously tho, I know how bad the vibe is. Back when I had my bike faired, it would shake out screws on the regular.

What headlight/mount and turn signals did you use? What about gauges?

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.
Are any Goons going to the World Ducati Week Party on a Red Planet:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fDgIEsNx1Q&feature=player_embedded#!

PM me if you are, meet up, have a beer.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

bad-yeti posted:

Carbon Dymag wheels on order >:-)

Dymag is out of business, and has been for a few months now.

The NonBornKing
Jun 25, 2007
Early one mornin' while makin' the rounds, I took a shot o' cocaine and I shot my woman down.
The Shadow 4 years ago. I can't believe it's been this long. She still looks the same as she did on the day I first laid eyes on her.

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande
I know I'm not the first person to transport a lawnmower on my bike, but still.

Scrapez
Feb 27, 2004

Tsaven Nava posted:

I know I'm not the first person to transport a lawnmower on my bike, but still.

Hahahaha. "I wanted the extra 5.5 horses from the Briggs."

That's awesome.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bad-yeti posted:

Hell yeah, that looks pretty evil. Not a fan of the huge 848, though. Maybe in black lettering?

Tsaven Nava
Dec 31, 2008

by elpintogrande

Scrapez posted:

Hahahaha. "I wanted the extra 5.5 horses from the Briggs."

That's awesome.

Hellz no man, that's an electric mower. This makes my bike a HYBRID.

Dubs
Mar 6, 2007

Stroll Own Zone.
Disregard Stroll outside zone.

Slim Pickens posted:

Hell yeah, that looks pretty evil. Not a fan of the huge 848, though. Maybe in black lettering?

Agree, it looks like butt.

Matte black viynl or something maybe.

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.
Yeah I know what you mean about the 848 I kept looking at it all weekend and yes, looks crap. Oh back to the drawing board.

As for Dymag wheels, it's through a 3rd party, though this is a worry about warranty if they're out of business.

2ndclasscitizen
Jan 2, 2009

by Y Kant Ozma Post

bad-yeti posted:

As for Dymag wheels, it's through a 3rd party, though this is a worry about warranty if they're out of business.

Have you put the order through yet? Maybe get BSTs instead?

Ecco the Dopefiend
May 3, 2006

Come to the Isle of Tranquilizers... err I mean Tranquility.

CSi-NA-EJ7 posted:

Thanks! :)

Yeah interesting observation. I kinda' like the shiny bolts myself; it breaks it up more and gives it some definition. I think without them it'd just look like a black void from a distance.

Slim Pickens
Jan 12, 2007

Grimey Drawer

bad-yeti posted:

Yeah I know what you mean about the 848 I kept looking at it all weekend and yes, looks crap. Oh back to the drawing board.

I'd definitely keep an 848 somewhere though, so people aren't constantly asking if it's an 1198(which is probably the reason for the huge 848 in the first place :v:)

bad-yeti
Jul 29, 2004

Space Yeti.

Slim Pickens posted:

I'd definitely keep an 848 somewhere though, so people aren't constantly asking if it's an 1198(which is probably the reason for the huge 848 in the first place :v:)

I'm thinking of getting Ducati 848 with a barcode saying the same in matt black maybe 8-10 inches long, what you recon?

Mcqueen
Feb 26, 2007

'HEY MOM, I'M DONE WITH MY SEGMENT!'

Soiled Meat

Slim Pickens posted:

I like the 848 a whole lot better anyways.

JohnnyDangerously
Aug 3, 2007
Disgruntled
This thing is more fun than it has any right to be.

unSavory
Sep 26, 2004
fellow
My Rebel hanging out with my buddy's scoot (Vespa S150)

Old picture from when I had handlebar dents in the tank. (for clearance with the clubman bars) The tank has since been replaced when my girlfriend layed it down in a parking lot.

Aaaaand the 1972 CL350 said girlfriend just purchased. Might start a re-build thread about this one.

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

JohnnyDangerously posted:

Absolutely:

Great bikes. Reminds me that I need to get the silver one back and do some restoration work on it.

that one guy chad
Jan 12, 2008

Z3n posted:

Absolutely:

Whawhawha what is this????

Knee dragging? Not on the track?!?!?!?1 IN CYCLE ASYLUM?

You need to slow it down, mister. Save that pace for the track.

edit: if this is on the track, then merci!!!!

Z3n
Jul 21, 2007

I think the point is Z3n is a space cowboy on the edge of a frontier unknown to man, he's out there pushing the limits, trail braking into the abyss. Finding out where the edge of the razor is, turning to face the darkness and revving his 690 into it's vast gaze. You gotta live this to learn it bro.

NipplesTheCat posted:

Whawhawha what is this????

Knee dragging? Not on the track?!?!?!?1 IN CYCLE ASYLUM?

You need to slow it down, mister. Save that pace for the track.

edit: if this is on the track, then merci!!!!

's cool, I was under the speed limit.

They're also good flattrackers:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VABQbps8n5w

My friend who originally got it saved it from a dumpster and it's been our play bike/learner bike for the last 4 years. Love that bike, it's freaking indestructible. And one of my friends managed to actually wheelie it while learning to ride, which astounded me...didn't think it was possible.

Chill_Bebop
Jun 20, 2007

Waffle SS

JohnnyDangerously posted:

Your needs more Disco Seat

eviljelly
Aug 29, 2004

The green looks really awesome.

Big Nose
Apr 4, 2004

The cultural revolution has found its end in Arkansas
I just bought this '07 SV1000S with 50 miles on the clock. I'm going to leave it bone stock and load it up with luggage racks and make a sport-tourer out of it.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rontalvos
Feb 22, 2006

unSavory posted:

Aaaaand the 1972 CL350 said girlfriend just purchased. Might start a re-build thread about this one.

I am gay in every way for CL350s. You absolutely need to do this.