Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

HooKars
Feb 22, 2006
Comeon!

poofactory posted:

Sure, send me a pm. You need help with the hookers or the blow?

Perhaps you couldn't tell by my name, but I am very well versed in the art of hookers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

HooKars posted:

Perhaps you couldn't tell by my name, but I am very well versed in the art of hookers.

I always thought that was "who cares." :(

HooKars
Feb 22, 2006
Comeon!

builds character posted:

I always thought that was "who cares." :(

It's that too. Cheer up

Solomon Grundy
Feb 10, 2007

Born on a Monday

Green Crayons posted:

I'm dubious of these claims of solo greatness only because "immigration law" doesn't sound like it nets one all the hookers and blow and phat cars and stacks of money that I've been led to believe a JD would hand me on a silver platter.

Immigration law can be a very lucrative practice, often paid in cash. I know of a lawyer, younger than me, who is tied in with a certain ethnic populace and making gigantic sums of money. I can confirm that poofactory's story is not entirely implausible.

Then again, I think ol' poo is a bit harsh on us poors. I, for one, have been in practice a long time, and don't have $50k cash assets in the bank. But maybe I am just a sucker or bad at this.

Eric Cantonese
Dec 21, 2004

You should hear my accent.

HooKars posted:

Cars from Charlottesville.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan
May 5, 2003

TyChan posted:

Cars from Charlottesville.

Interjections by Peter Pan's nemesis.

Hook Arrs!

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

One of the key problems in the analysis of this puzzling book is to be able to differentiate a real language from meaningless writing.

Dr. Mantis Toboggan posted:

Interjections by Peter Pan's nemesis.

Hook Arrs!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdeSh3vLvYI

The Arsteia
Nov 17, 2008

haha i never noticed that as peter pan he's just wearing a green suit

scribe jones
Sep 17, 2008

One of the key problems in the analysis of this puzzling book is to be able to differentiate a real language from meaningless writing.

The Arsteia posted:

haha i never noticed that as peter pan he's just wearing a green suit

I'm bummed they didnt include the clip where gob's wife is talking about her seal deal and says "where am I going to find a maritime lawyer?!"

gvibes
Jan 18, 2010

Leading us to the promised land (i.e., one tournament win in five years)
Woah, a wikipedia citation in a brief in a nine figure patent case.

Mr. Fictitious
Jul 9, 2002

by Ozmaugh

poofactory posted:

Is it difficult to have $30-$50k after graduating from law school?
yeah i'm gonna go ahead and say that that's extremely difficult unless you already had that amount in the bank before law school and then got a full tuition scholarship and lived with your parents

srsly
Aug 1, 2003

Oakdale posted:

grad school for Agricultural Economics.

Clearly you should go to UC Davis. Maybe nm and I will still be in the area, miserable and jobless. We will welcome your sensible company.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

mrtoodles posted:

Clearly you should go to UC Davis. Maybe nm and I will still be in the area, miserable and jobless. We will welcome your sensible company.

FYI, there is an in-n-out so it's not like it's all bad. :burger:

Mattavist
May 24, 2003

Mr. Fictitious posted:

yeah i'm gonna go ahead and say that that's extremely difficult unless you already had that amount in the bank before law school and then got a full tuition scholarship and lived with your parents

I could have done it if I knew that's what it took to be successful before law school, but like everyone else I was a loving idiot 22 year old whose first mistake was going to law school so the odds were against me from the start.

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

gvibes posted:

Woah, a wikipedia citation in a brief in a nine figure patent case.

Why not? It's great evidence in my view of the person of ordinary skill in the art at a given time; if the teaching is so common as to be on Wikipedia, it's in fact below the ordinary skill to something like lay unskilled in the art.

e: I use Wikipedia as 102(b) references all the time: it's published, the end!

Mookie
Mar 22, 2005

I have to return some videotapes.

builds character posted:

FYI, there is an in-n-out so it's not like it's all bad. :burger:

gently caress in-n-out. Most overrated burger place in the history of mankind.

Davis has Murderburger, home of the Aggie Annihilator and, fittingly, of an actual murder.

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

Baruch Obamawitz posted:

Why not? It's great evidence in my view of the person of ordinary skill in the art at a given time; if the teaching is so common as to be on Wikipedia, it's in fact below the ordinary skill to something like lay unskilled in the art.

e: I use Wikipedia as 102(b) references all the time: it's published, the end!
Now that you've mentioned this I wonder why it doesn't happen more often. It seems like the perfect way to shut someone down, and it's infinitely more legitimate than the "it's obvious but I won't tell you why lalalala" thing that examiners do.

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

Mookie posted:

I have never agreed with you more.

Mookie
Mar 22, 2005

TheMadMilkman posted:

I have never agreed with you more.

Their fries especially suck.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
Today I ate three chicken sandwiches and a double cheeseburger from McDonalds. Delicious.

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

mrtoodles posted:

They actually have a very good ag econ program too.

And Culvers is better than In-n-Out.

Mookie posted:

Davis has Murderburger, home of the Aggie Annihilator and, fittingly, of an actual murder.
Redrum is also overrated (Murderburger got bought years ago and didn't get to keep its name or its food). Now Frank's, that's some good eatin'.

nm fucked around with this message at 05:32 on Jul 16, 2010

Kase Im Licht
Jan 26, 2001

Mookie posted:

Their fries especially suck.

I used to hate them, but they grow on you.

In-n-out is good. A little slower than regular fast food, and a little more expensive, but way above fast food quality. Sure there are plenty of fancier burger joints that make a better burger, but there aren't many drive thrus you're going to find a better burger at.

People just need to stop talking about it as if its the best burger on the planet.

Roger_Mudd
Jul 18, 2003

Buglord

Kase Im Licht posted:

In-n-out is good. A little slower than regular fast food, and a little more expensive, but way above fast food quality. Sure there are plenty of fancier burger joints that make a better burger, but there aren't many drive thrus you're going to find a better burger at.

People just need to stop talking about it as if its the best burger on the planet.

After all the hype I was excited to get one when I went to SanFran. The burger was bland and had salad dressing on it. The fries tasted like cardboard. I liked the "idea" of in-n-out way better than the actual food.

Incredulous Red
Mar 25, 2008

nm posted:

And Culvers is better than In-n-Out.

I might have given you In n Out being overrated, but Culvers doesn't compare.

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester

poofactory posted:

The legal economy is strong and rubust... for some. Many lawyers and law students just do not understand how to be successful. There are many rich and lead rewarding lives and some that even make good money while working few hours. It is all about playing the system and having the knowledge and ability to be successful. Most people do not have these abilities.

It's "rubust" is it?

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

billion dollar bitch posted:

I bid exclusively on DC firms for EIP. This year will be better than last year, right?

the people at columbia who did that last year got hosed

Sulecrist
Apr 5, 2007

Better tear off this bar association logo.

Kase Im Licht posted:

I like Five Guys a lot.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
In n Out owns gently caress all yall

Leif.
Mar 27, 2005

Son of the Defender
Formerly Diplomaticus/SWATJester
I honestly can't taste the difference between In-n-Out and Five Guys. Tastes the exact same to me.

Fatburger, on the other hand, tasted TOTALLY different. I can't say "better" because it was unlike any other burger I've had. drat good though.

For those of you in D.C., go to Z-burger in Tenleytown. Does the Five-guys model better than fiveguys.

Also, for best burger chain, hands down you can't beat BGR.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

SWATJester posted:

I honestly can't taste the difference between In-n-Out and Five Guys. Tastes the exact same to me.

There's a gay joke in here somewhere I'm just...too tired right now

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.

evilweasel posted:

the people at columbia who did that last year got hosed

Oh well, too late now. But thanks for the heads up. I'll look at starting my own firm from internet guides now...

Although if I didn't think I was a special and unique butterfly, I wouldn't have applied to law school in the first place.

builds character
Jan 16, 2008

Keep at it.

Mookie posted:

1. If this is the route you're taking then gently caress burgers. Tacos are way better than burgers.
2. There are lots of burger places that are better than in-n-out.
3. When last I was in Davis I ate at in-n-out and it was delicious.
4. I think you have to respect a place that does this, even if you disagree with it.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

In n Out owns gently caress all yall

right, or that.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Solomon Grundy posted:

Immigration law can be a very lucrative practice, often paid in cash. I know of a lawyer, younger than me, who is tied in with a certain ethnic populace and making gigantic sums of money. I can confirm that poofactory's story is not entirely implausible.
So is immigration law just employment law involving minorities or [legal trouble] involving minorities or what? If it's you become the go-to guy for any sort of legal troubles for a tight-knit population, I could see how it would be pretty lucrative - or, at the very least, quite stable, what with having a steady stream of clients.

builds character posted:

4. I think you have to respect a place that does this, even if you disagree with it.
If burgers were beers that would be a case of Natty Light.

And I just can't respect anything about that.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
Okay, according to Columbia records, 24 people accepted offers at DC firms last summer. Given that only 266 people accepted offers in general, I think that's okay - a lot of the DC offices/firms didn't receive more than 20 bids or so. I don't know anyone else applying down in DC, either.

I'm firmly above median, I'm on a journal (not LR but still), I've taken Legislation with Strauss, and I have a pretty good internship. How bad could it be?

Jesus Christ, EvilWeasel, bids are already in. It closed yesterday.

Phil Moscowitz
Feb 19, 2007

If blood be the price of admiralty,
Lord God, we ha' paid in full!
I don't give a poo poo about anyone's opinion if you were still playing with GI Joes when Tupac got killt

space marines are ok

Defleshed
Nov 18, 2004

F is for... FREEDOM

Phil Moscowitz posted:

I don't give a poo poo about anyone's opinion if you were still playing with GI Joes when Tupac got killt

I was 19, so I guess I was playing w/titties and/or the awesome beeper I had back then..

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

Phil Moscowitz posted:

space marines are ok
nobody still played with GI Joes in 1996 you goddamn dinosaur

nm
Jan 28, 2008

"I saw Minos the Space Judge holding a golden sceptre and passing sentence upon the Martians. There he presided, and around him the noble Space Prosecutors sought the firm justice of space law."

Incredulous Red posted:

I might have given you In n Out being overrated, but Culvers doesn't compare.
No.

billion dollar bitch
Jul 20, 2005

To drink and fight.
To fuck all night.
Five guys is the best fast food burger chain, anyways. DC represent.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mookie
Mar 22, 2005

billion dollar bitch posted:

Five guys is the best fast food burger chain, anyways. DC represent.

Hellburger before Obama ruined it, was better in DC. Ray's the Steaks was also rad as hell.