Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zarfol
Aug 13, 2009
I seem to have no problems yet with 10.60 final release.

Haven't found another browser with built in email other than seamonkey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
There is a youtube exploit going around now that allows arbitrary Javascript to be executed from code in any comment (video or channel).

Now this is bad enough alone, but word of mouth is that Opera and IE allow exploiters to delete the system32 folder.

Stay away from Youtube (or at least with the safety mode don't open comments).

RoadCrewWorker fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jul 4, 2010

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
There is no way that would get through UAC.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

RoadCrewWorker posted:

word of mouth
What is word of mouth? Don't say bullshit like this and spread FUD you don't know is true or not. State your source so it can be traced and verified or don't state it at all.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
In hindsight a few "CONFIRMED: nuked my system32 folder" comments in various fast moving forum threads are probably no serious reason to worry, but i'd rather be safe than sorry.

Disregard it and carry on. Consider it not stated at all.

Sorry y'all.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
Is there some way to remove the word menu from the red O?

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

Sporadic posted:

Is there some way to remove the word menu from the red O?

right click it -> Customize -> Appearance.

Now choose "Images only" for Style.

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

:siren:EVERYTHING I SAY ABOUT JAPAN OR LIVING IN JAPAN IS COMPLETELY WRONG, BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'LL :spergin: ABOUT IT.:siren:

PLEASE ADD ME TO YOUR IGNORE LIST.

IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A JAPAN THREAD, PLEASE PM A MODERATOR SO THAT I CAN BE BANNED.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Consider it not stated at all.

Sorry y'all.

It is serious enough that YouTube disabled comments by default.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

kapalama posted:

It is serious enough that YouTube disabled comments by default.

Yeah, because it can be used to direct people to last measure, or to steal their login cookies. He was only talking about the system32 stuff in his quote though, as was i.

Also, RCW: Thanks for understanding and sorry for my roughness.

ufarn
May 30, 2009
Remember that with the newly implemented WebM support, Opera can now run HTML5 videos on YouTube with WebM.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope

ufarn posted:

Remember that with the newly implemented WebM support, Opera can now run HTML5 videos on YouTube with WebM.

But there is really no reason to do that right now, because the interface sucks. I tried it for a while as a curiosity and pretty quickly returned to flash.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

Has Opera stopped remembering visited links across sessions?

Because mine has :(

Now all links in Netvibes and Let's play archives show up as unvisited after restart. :emo:

Okay, this has something to do with the cache. I increased my disk cache to the maximum and disabled "empty on exit". I don't know which one did it, but now Opera remembers my visited links across sessions.

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

awesome bug i found -- tell opera to search for text in the page... try searching for something that's bold. it won't find it. :psyduck:

edit: specifically bold stuff is not found on wiki pages in my experience so far, but it seems the search function is broken for these forums altogether.

WTF OPERA?

:iiam:

feld fucked around with this message at 19:40 on Jul 7, 2010

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

feld posted:

awesome bug i found -- tell opera to search for text in the page... try searching for something that's bold. it won't find it. :psyduck:

edit: specifically bold stuff is not found on wiki pages in my experience so far, but it seems the search function is broken for these forums altogether.

WTF OPERA?

:iiam:

Must be something on your end.

Click here for the full 1280x1024 image.

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

Mithaldu posted:

Must be something on your end.

New build released today doesn't have anything related to it in the changelog, but it now works. I have one coworker that also had the issue. But now I'm wondering if it is something obscure or related to our similar setups.... perhaps i'm on drugs...

:sweep:

move along....

alltoohuman
Jul 26, 2007

Shut up, Marx.

feld posted:

New build released today doesn't have anything related to it in the changelog, but it now works. I have one coworker that also had the issue. But now I'm wondering if it is something obscure or related to our similar setups.... perhaps i'm on drugs...

:sweep:

move along....

Actually it does have one big fix--the awful bug in 10.60 that made it impossible to edit events in Google Calendar.

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
http://my.opera.com/chooseopera/blog/2010/07/08/opera-mini-is-now-on-3000-phones-and-counting

Mini 5.1 is out, if anyone's interested. Some platforms don't have their native versions up yet though (WM is mine and it isn't, at least).

Reisen
Aug 5, 2005

The new version installed today and the word "Menu" was back next to the menu image (which is on the tab bar, so I can't set it to images only without taking text off of the tabs). So I tried to move the menu to another bar, which worked fine except it did not remove itself from the initial bar. And the "Remove from toolbar" option is grayed out for new and old buttons. So now I have three menu buttons. Help?

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Reisen posted:

The new version installed today and the word "Menu" was back next to the menu image (which is on the tab bar, so I can't set it to images only without taking text off of the tabs). So I tried to move the menu to another bar, which worked fine except it did not remove itself from the initial bar. And the "Remove from toolbar" option is grayed out for new and old buttons. So now I have three menu buttons. Help?

Sounds like a bug, you should report it.

https://bugs.opera.com/wizard/

As first aid, open opera:about, go to the "Opera directory", open the toolbar sub-directory and edit the ini file there. Search for "MenuButton0" and remove them from where you don't want them.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Ever since updating to 10.60 on my linux box (and having since moved to a 10.70 snapshot) I can't play video that runs in the flash players (old or new version) on youtube. Anything that was new enough to have an html5 version works fine, and the flash player itself loads up and responds to input. It's not just limited to channel pages as the previous poster talking about youtube problems was observing, so it's pretty annoying. Anybody else run into this?

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

:siren:EVERYTHING I SAY ABOUT JAPAN OR LIVING IN JAPAN IS COMPLETELY WRONG, BUT YOU BETTER BELIEVE I'LL :spergin: ABOUT IT.:siren:

IF YOU SEE ME POST IN A JAPAN THREAD, PLEASE PM A MODERATOR SO THAT I CAN BE BANNED.

AzraelNewtype posted:

It's not just limited to channel pages as the previous poster talking about youtube problems was observing, so it's pretty annoying. Anybody else run into this?

Not that this helps you, but my problem with the Channel View, was the exact opposite: Sound and not picture.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」

kapalama posted:

Not that this helps you, but my problem with the Channel View, was the exact opposite: Sound and not picture.

That's not the exact opposite as I get neither (from the video, the vuvuzela button works), but that's interesting.

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

Not that this had so much to do with Opera since I cannot directly integrate it with Opera, but...

Whoever recommended JDownloader, wow. That is the best program I have seen in a long time. It just works. The interface is quirky but cross platform Java Apps always are. But man, it just makes dealing with downloads something to not even have to think about. And since it is just doing its one thing it is stable.

I hated having 20 downloads Queue in Opera. I was afraid to visit a site that might cause it to crash (which happens a lot when the downloader has a lot of thing queued.). When it crashed it would forget where it was alot of the time forget that there were even downloads.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I've been having this problem since at least 10.53, maybe as early as 10.51.

It only happens when I'm catching up on my reading here at SA. I go to my User CP, read whatever posts I've missed in a thread, go back and go to the next thread. Sooner or later, clicking that button with the number of unread posts in a thread does nothing - I click but stay at the User CP. When I refresh, Opera crashes.

Anyone else experienced this? I've had no UserJSes until tonight when I put in the updated Autosizer, but this has been going on for weeks.

feld
Feb 11, 2008

Out of nowhere its.....

Feldman

I'm actually a little surprised we haven't seen a build since last weekend when there are so many outstanding bugs in 10.60 that should have been fixed before release...

I can crash my browser almost every time with:

O Menu -> Mail -> Compose

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great
Besides the occasional rendering issues (letters overlapping, sections of the page appearing fixed instead of scrolling correctly) i seem to get weird horizontal black lines on images as they're loaded after the last update. They vanish on a redraw (as in scrolling it off and on the screen again or changing the zoom factor) but are rather ugly and irritating until then.

Anybody else had this issue and knows a fix?

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Seriously the only bugs I've noticed in the current version are:

1) The PDF plugin doesn't work at all like half the time
2) The edit box on the new-reply/post form on here isn't as wide as it should be

Weird drawing/rendering bugs sounds like stuff I had a while back that was fixed with a clean reinstall.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

Okay, this has something to do with the cache. I increased my disk cache to the maximum and disabled "empty on exit". I don't know which one did it, but now Opera remembers my visited links across sessions.

The gently caress it does. And now I have confirmed this problem on my Linux netbook as well. This has been the most annoying Opera release in a long time for me between this issue and the context menu changes.

Mr. Kennedy
May 24, 2003

I weigh in tonight at an astonishing 242 lbs. From Green Bay Wisconsin, MISTER KENNEDY!!!!!!! KENNEDY...
Everytime i click on a page or thread in the forums, opera will go to that page but them go straight to a blank page, like its being forwarded. I have to click the previous page button i have on my mouse for it to load the page. Its like it loads the page then skips to a blank page. This is annoying as hell. I dont think it has time to load all the images on the pages here and i cant reload cause it does it again.

Has anyone heard of this? No other web pages do this, just the forums.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Mr. Kennedy posted:

Everytime i click on a page or thread in the forums, opera will go to that page but them go straight to a blank page, like its being forwarded. I have to click the previous page button i have on my mouse for it to load the page. Its like it loads the page then skips to a blank page. This is annoying as hell. I dont think it has time to load all the images on the pages here and i cant reload cause it does it again.

Has anyone heard of this? No other web pages do this, just the forums.

I have the exact same issue on every viddler.com page. I know it's not the flash player - that works fine in other embedded pages.

Havent found a fix yet. :(

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
I really want to use something other than Firefox, and I actually did use Opera a long time ago. Firefox just doesn't run as good as I'd like, but the thing is, it does something I can't seem to replicate in any other browser: Disabling video advertisements that prelude a video you want to watch. For instance, the ones on dailyshow.com. Anyone know how to do this in Opera?

The Man From Melmac fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Jul 19, 2010

kapalama
Aug 15, 2007

Benjamin Black posted:

I really want to use something other than Firefox, and I actually did use Opera a long time ago. Firefox just doesn't run as good as I'd like, but the thing is, it does something I can't seem to replicate in any other browser: Disabling video advertisements that prelude a video you want to watch. For instance, the ones on dailyshow.com. Anyone know how to do this in Opera?

You can do that with Firefox?

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
Opera's inbuilt ad blocking is limited to a blacklist (with wildcards) of urls not to load. I think stuff like that requires a more complicated logic that it can't do. You could probably do it with a userJS if someone's made one, or by running a local copy of Privoxy or something like it and loading pages through that (it's a local proxy). That said I could be wrong and it could just work if you get the url of their ad server. It all depends on what their flash player does in the event where you don't load the ad movie, and whether their ad movies are in someplace you can block.

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Lakitu7 posted:

That said I could be wrong and it could just work if you get the url of their ad server.
This.

I use this block list: pgl.yoyo.org/as/ along with any other urls i notice ads being loaded from and i never get any ads on videos.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

kapalama posted:

You can do that with Firefox?

Yes. It's part of Adblock Plus's EasyList

Mithaldu posted:

This.

I use this block list: pgl.yoyo.org/as/ along with any other urls i notice ads being loaded from and i never get any ads on videos.

Doesn't seem to be working for dailyshow.com, I'm still getting all the ads. I made sure to open a command prompt and do nbtstat -R to make sure it read from the updated hosts file. And I rebooted. Nothin'.

No change with Internet Explorer, either.

Edit: Okay, apparently the hosts file can't affect my browsers. I added the data to the url filter and it's blocking the video ads now, thanks!

Edit2: I figured out what was wrong with the hosts thing. You use double space to separate 127.0.0.1 with the host being blocked, so a simple Ctrl+H in notepad fixed that. Then you have to make sure the first line is 127.0.0.1 localhost
So I can use pretty much any browser now and get the same adblocking, pretty nice.

The Man From Melmac fucked around with this message at 20:16 on Jul 19, 2010

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008
Wow, I still can't believe after all this time, this is still an issue. I close opera - only for it to still be running in the background. This annoys me immensely. Of course, back then there wasn't anyone I could turn to for help, so maybe you guys know?

Lakitu7
Jul 10, 2001

Watch for spinys
It's a disk cache thing. If you reduce the sizes of those you'll see the time decrease. I've just been happy that they recently did something to reduce the time for which it does that. It used to take something like 30 seconds - 1 minute for me and now I haven't seen it take more than 10sec in a while.

The Man From Melmac
Sep 8, 2008

Lakitu7 posted:

It's a disk cache thing. If you reduce the sizes of those you'll see the time decrease. I've just been happy that they recently did something to reduce the time for which it does that. It used to take something like 30 seconds - 1 minute for me and now I haven't seen it take more than 10sec in a while.

Okay, I'll just have it empty on exit then.

gibbed
Apr 10, 2006

This is a weird issue, but does keyboard input stop working in Opera when a UAC prompt is open for anyone else?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Heresiarch
Oct 6, 2005

Literature is not exhaustible, for the sufficient and simple reason that no single book is. A book is not an isolated being: it is a relationship, an axis of innumerable relationships.

gibbed posted:

This is a weird issue, but does keyboard input stop working in Opera when a UAC prompt is open for anyone else?

You mean when one opens in the background because of a different process? Because any app is going to have its keyboard input blocked if you have a UAC prompt in the foreground.