Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Bacon of the Sea posted:

If we've got a couple of willing Thai posters we need a Thai football thread.

gently caress waiting on thai posters make one now and let's all adopt thai league teams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiros
Mar 16, 2008

Does anybody know about the quake?
Bullshit!

Daniel posted:

Let me introduce you to Base 02. This is a pretty lazy design to my eyes

Hater.

The whole theme is pretty bad rear end. Now I am going to Thailand.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:
I wouldn't mind adopting the motherfucking DRAGON HORSES as my team if the thread was made. I guess we'd just be looking up scores and arguing without seeing any footage of any games whatsoever?

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

MyChemicalImbalance posted:

I wouldn't mind adopting the motherfucking DRAGON HORSES as my team if the thread was made. I guess we'd just be looking up scores and arguing without seeing any footage of any games whatsoever?

also buying sharply designed jerseys featuring and maybe banners

p.s. go pattaya united dolphins!

edit: holy poo poo we have a loving team song

http://www.pattayautd.com/song/rockdlpgo.html

We are Pattaya, Pattaya united.
All the rocking Dolphins Go!!!

partipo fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 5, 2010

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

WE ARE THE T-REX

Khon Kaen dominance ITT.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

who the fuck is this guy anyway, i can't even see his face

Lipstick Apathy
We need to get someone on top of middle-manning jerseys for these teams, because I would seriously buy almost all of them.

EDIT: On a less awesome topic, what would be worse: a knock-off jersey from ebay or a knock-off from triads?

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

Save Russian Jews posted:

We need to get someone on top of middle-manning jerseys for these teams, because I would seriously buy almost all of them.

EDIT: On a less awesome topic, what would be worse: a knock-off jersey from ebay or a knock-off from triads?

according to current exchange rates, a pattaya united kit is only like $25.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

partipo posted:

according to current exchange rates, a pattaya united kit is only like $25.

I don't speak Thai, so phone ordering would be an issue-- my second question was actually related to 10/11 Barca jerseys.

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.

Save Russian Jews posted:

I don't speak Thai, so phone ordering would be an issue-- my second question was actually related to 10/11 Barca jerseys.

The Triads shirts I have are pretty great. Only thing that is even a little off is the team badge (just seems a little more dull than an official). It's not a barca shirt though. Only reason I would go against triads is if you want it for the start of the season, all my orders took 3 weeks+ to get to me (Pennsylvania, United States).

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

I'm going to do a little direct research (re: finally asking my Thai friends) about this. I suspect they won't even know there's a league in Thailand, and go back to supporting Manchester United.

[edit] Survey says...

quote:

Do u mean Thais soccer league? if so, no one cares. They care English premiere league, Euro league, World Cup, La Liga, Bundesliga.

quote:

At present it is still not well recognized compared to other leagues in Asia yet like J-League or S-League (Singapore League). The professional league in Thailand has been around for just 10+ years. I would say it is getting more popular among soccer fans lately and more support from the government after they were aware of great success of Korea and Japan in World Cup 2002. They realize that they must build a strong foundation of domestic league first if they want to see the better standard of the national team..

not a fully scientific study, but some insights.

harperdc fucked around with this message at 06:20 on Aug 6, 2010

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

grvm posted:

Only reason I would go against triads is if you want it for the start of the season, all my orders took 3 weeks+ to get to me (Pennsylvania, United States).

I ordered some stuff for my daughter on July 7th and it's still not here yet. I was hoping that after the World Cup rush was over it wouldn't take so long. Oh Well.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
My pre-wc order never arrived. Let's see if the replacement ever gets here.

Save Russian Jews
Jun 7, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I tend to stress out if something I buy online isn't in my hands immediately, and the guy in the cheap jerseys thread got a barca jersey with a crooked sponsor-- so I bought from what appears to be the only US seller with good reviews and a grasp of English on eBay with (what I can only assume is) a knock-off Villa 2010/11 Home jersey.

I'll report the quality either here or there (I've seen people do it in both) if anyone cares to see what non-triads bootleg barca jerseys look like.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

£65 with Fab 4 / PL patch :qq:

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

luvd posted:

I have the classic 70s shirt and aside from sponsor/badges, this looks identical.

schoenfelder
Oct 16, 2009

Grade moj...
My England Home from triads arrived today. Granted, it might be a bit tacky now with the "World Cup South Africa" stitching, but for 9 quid I'm more than happy :). Quality is great, too.

Edit: ordered on 23rd July, I'm in Germany

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

luvd posted:

Argh that's so loving nice, god.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

luvd posted:

This season's kit might be the best in Arsenal history...really timeless look, even though I can't picture me wearing a LS jersey.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
I don't like the s/s version as much.. If it was a two year kit I'd have preordered. To be fair this is probably my last chance to get a Cesc shirt so I should just bite the bullet when my loan comes in.

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

luvd posted:

I don't like the s/s version as much.. If it was a two year kit I'd have preordered. To be fair this is probably my last chance to get a Cesc shirt so I should just bite the bullet when my loan comes in.

If I can get the Rangers kits sans horrible vinyl logos then I'm getting both for the first time ever.

Paul Pot
Mar 4, 2010

by Y Kant Ozma Post

luvd posted:

Ya, I don't like the red on the sleeves unless it's a LS.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

luvd posted:

this isn't going to be a two-year home kit? :confused:

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn

harperdc posted:

this isn't going to be a two-year home kit? :confused:

Nope. We get a 'special anniversary' one next year.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

luvd posted:

Nope. We get a 'special anniversary' one next year.

What anniversary is that?

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Mickolution posted:

Anniversary of leaving Highbury

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

Mickolution posted:

125th year anniversary

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

euroboy posted:

125th year anniversary

Ahh right. I was reading Wikipedia, racking my brains trying to figure it out.

MyChemicalImbalance
Sep 15, 2007

Keep on smilin'

:unsmith:

ibroxmassive posted:

If I can get the Rangers kits sans horrible vinyl logos then I'm getting both for the first time ever.

I've already ordered the home, but you actually like the away? I hate it with a passion now. The replica looks a whole lot better than the match shirt but I honestly think it's one of the worst we've had in a long while.

I like the stripes, but the solid red back ruins it for me. I agree with you on the horrible logos, I'm gonna try to iron mine off when I get it or something. I nearly bought the shorts this year because they're white and decent looking but they have a big stupid Tennent's T above the Rangers crest for some reason. Utter shite.

MyChemicalImbalance fucked around with this message at 14:57 on Aug 7, 2010

Dudley
Feb 24, 2003

Tasty

Mickolution posted:

First Anniversary of this kit.

Kiros
Mar 16, 2008

Bullshit!
They recently opened a new Nike Store near my job and I took the time to check out their soccer section... I am actually contemplating getting the Arsenal home shirt. It's loving class and a half.

hyper from Pixie Sticks
Sep 28, 2004

So last season, Celtic brought back the bumblebee, one of the best away kits we've had. And it now appears to have been ditched after one year. For this monstrosity:

Honestly, what the gently caress? That's vile.

Russ
Dec 17, 2005

Chimping around, kick my brains round the floor
These are the days - it never rains but it pours
I too seek inspiration for football tops from golf jumpers

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
that's like the argyle shirt Marseille had, except Bad

grvm
Sep 27, 2007

The violent young pony.
It might be a little gawdy, but atleast it's not an en hardy dragon shirt.

TheVertigoOfBliss
Jan 29, 2007
Why have both Hibs and Celtic gone for a green away strip when the only time they actually need an away strip is against each other?

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Semprini posted:

So last season, Celtic brought back the bumblebee, one of the best away kits we've had. And it now appears to have been ditched after one year. For this monstrosity:

1888 1888 1888 1888
1888 1888 1888 1888

In a horrible horrible font.

luvd_
Nov 4, 2006

by T. Finn
Yup. Disgusting shirt.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

poo poo the green and white hooped top is going to clash, best put the green one on. :ughh:

partipo
Sep 24, 2005
participaction?

thehappyprince posted:

poo poo the green and white hooped top is going to clash, best put the green one on. :ughh:

THIRD JERSEY TIME

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kiros
Mar 16, 2008

Bullshit!

Semprini posted:

I like it! :allears: