Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH

Papercut posted:

1. Muslims believe the Qu'ran is to be taken literally, with no interpretation needed, and with the newest passages taking precedence over the earlier ones
  2. Islam is less a religion than a "religious ideology", because Sharia is a mandatory legal and political plan for all of society that constitutes a totalitarian means of ordering society at every level (the video then goes into "creeping Sharia", scare slides about Sharia already having a "foot in the door" in Europe, Sharia orders that drinkers be whipped! etc)
  3. Muslims are allowed to deceive non-Muslims if it helps Islam ("there are many examples of Muslim leaders today saying one thing in English to the Western press, followed by saying something completely different to their followers in Arabic [scary font])

Psst, Good Christians?, you're projecting all over the floor!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beowulfs_Ghost
Nov 6, 2009

Papercut posted:

[*]Islam is less a religion than a "religious ideology", because Sharia is a mandatory legal and political plan for all of society that constitutes a totalitarian means of ordering society at every level (the video then goes into "creeping Sharia", scare slides about Sharia already having a "foot in the door" in Europe, Sharia orders that drinkers be whipped! etc)

The other ones I'm not sure what to say, other than "nuh uh".

Both Christianity and Judaism have "legal systems" and ideals for the ordering of society. Of the 3, Christianity probably has the least over arching politics. The Catholic church probably has the most advanced political system and at one time was a king maker and final arbiter, but the Bible really doesn't lay much of a foundation for the Catholic's organization.

Judaism though is just as legalistic as anything Sharia has. People don't notice as much because Judaism doesn't seek converts. But pretty much all the negative things said about Sharia can be found in Jewish law. Orthodox Judaism and Orthodox Islam are both fairly totalitarian, but busting up Orthodox Jewish neighborhoods has fallen out of style :godwin:

Pretty much all religions have rules for how the priests on the laity should conduct them selves. Islam isn't special in this regard, nor is it even the most repressive when compared to the rest of Abraham's dysfunctional family.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

You are crazy. If Christians had anything like Sharia law they'd get married in Church.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

The quickest substitution in the history of the NBA

Doomclown posted:

Well, I don't think this is a very good refutation. There are a million factions of Christianity and only like three or four of them don't take the Bible literally. Somehow they all and up being different sects regardless.

Exactly, because they interpret those words differently. There is no one true interpretation of the Bible, just like there is no one true interpretation of the Qu'ran, even if you consider either to be the word of God.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I only pray, Heaven knows when to lift you out

Papercut posted:

Exactly, because they interpret those words differently. There is no one true interpretation of the Bible, just like there is no one true interpretation of the Qu'ran, even if you consider either to be the word of God.

A lot of people would disagree with you.

Choadmaster
Oct 7, 2004

I don't care how snug they fit, you're nuts!

crime fighting hog posted:

A lot of people would disagree with you.

And yet they can't all agree with each other on what that one true interpretation is.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

Choadmaster posted:

And yet they can't all agree with each other on what that one true interpretation is.

Everyone knows it's the King James Version that is right and I have no idea why.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020

Everyone knows it's the King James Version that is right and I have no idea why.

The other translations put less stress on the divinity of Christ and other articles of faith and try to put a modernistic spin on the text. Therefore, these translations are less holy than the KJV.

shotgunbadger
Nov 18, 2008

WEEK 4 - RETIRED

Pththya-lyi posted:

The other translations put less stress on the divinity of Christ and other articles of faith and try to put a modernistic spin on the text. Therefore, these translations are less holy than the KJV.

Is that the actual reason? I don't know poo poo about bibles so I just kinda assumed it was, like, the KJV had the most literal translation or something.

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

shotgunbadger posted:

Is that the actual reason? I don't know poo poo about bibles so I just kinda assumed it was, like, the KJV had the most literal translation or something.

There's actually a whole tradition out there that the translators who came up with the KJV were divinely guided, and that any other translation is instantly wrong and modern translators are literally possessed by Satan to fool people.

As an interesting side note, there's good evidence out there that King James was gay.

Glimm
Jul 27, 2005

Time is only gonna pass you by

Pfirti86 posted:

There's actually a whole tradition out there that the translators who came up with the KJV were divinely guided, and that any other translation is instantly wrong and modern translators are literally possessed by Satan to fool people.

As an interesting side note, there's good evidence out there that King James was gay.

There's actually plenty of inconsistency in the KJV and when I've spoken with pastoral candidates in the past they've regarded KJV as pretty bad overall. I honestly think the reason it is so popular is the old style of language makes people feel more connected to the past, regardless is the piss poor translation (which they don't care to hear about anyway - who cares what the original Greek says?).

Foyes36
Oct 23, 2005

Food fight!

Glimm posted:

There's actually plenty of inconsistency in the KJV and when I've spoken with pastoral candidates in the past they've regarded KJV as pretty bad overall. I honestly think the reason it is so popular is the old style of language makes people feel more connected to the past, regardless is the piss poor translation (which they don't care to hear about anyway - who cares what the original Greek says?).

Oh yeah, I don't disagree at all. I'm just parroting what I've heard the various KJV-only people spout off.

Blue Footed Booby
Oct 4, 2006

got those happy feet

Pththya-lyi posted:

I have this suspicion that it's simpler than that: it's older. Hardcore religious types tend to place far more emphasis on tradition, older = better taken to an extreme. These are the kind of folks who say "why should I install windows 7? 95 has a word processor and a web browser."

edit: hadn't realized I hadn't refreshed this tab in an hour :v:

Glimm posted:

Think about the mentality of any of the folks who wrote the poo poo posted in this thread. Do you think they value the input of highfalutin linguist types? Do you think they do research and base their opinions on what's supported by the preponderance of evidence?

Blue Footed Booby fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Aug 11, 2010

Hardcore Phonography
Apr 28, 2004

I have my eye on a suite in Baker Street.

Glimm posted:

Um excuse me but the bible was written in ENGLISH do you not see KING JAMES right on the cover?

Cjones
Jul 4, 2008

Democracia Socrates, MD
King James was a Scot. My English friend says they're all wankers. Case closed.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts
IIRC the KJB was translated to English from the Latin and not the Greek, and as such is more prone to translation errors since it is a translation of a translation of a translation.

Hardcore Phonography
Apr 28, 2004

the yellow dart posted:

IIRC the KJB was translated to English from the Latin and not the Greek, and as such is more prone to translation errors since it is a translation of a translation of a translation.

Jesus was an AMERICAN why would he write the BIBLE in one of those languages are you crazy, TEACH ENGLISH!!

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

KJB was also a political document written to support the monarch and gently caress with the puritans.

I say this with confidence: worst translation ever.

Good thing the ascendant religious cults in the USA are based on it.

euphronius fucked around with this message at 23:52 on Aug 11, 2010

Brennanite
Feb 14, 2009
My grandfather put me back on his mailing list. It's mostly crotchy old man ranting about kids these days until the quote at the end. It's particularly hilarious coming from him since he had a piss-poor childhood filled with heinous abuse and hungar in the middle of nowhere. But never mind that! Things were better in his day! :bahgawd:

quote:

No matter what our kids and the new generation think about us,

WE ARE AWESOME !!!

OUR Lives are LIVING PROOF !!!

To Those of Us Born

1925 - 1970 :

At the end of this email is a quote of the month by Jay Leno. If you don't read anything else, please

read what he said.

Very well stated, Mr. Leno.

~~~~~~~~~

TO ALL THE KIDS WHO SURVIVED THE

1930s, '40s, '50s, '60s and '70s!!

First, we survived being born to mothers who may have smoked and/or drank

while they were pregnant.

They took aspirin, ate blue cheese dressing, tuna from a can, and didn't get tested for diabetes.

Then, after that trauma, we were

put to sleep on our tummies

in baby cribs covered

with bright colored lead-based paints.

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or cabinets,

and, when we rode our bikes,

we had baseball caps,

not helmets, on our heads.

As infants and children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, no booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes..

Riding in the back of a pick- up truck on a warm day was always a special treat.

We drank water from the garden hose and not from a bottle.

We shared one soft drink with four friends, from one bottle, and no one actually died from this.

We ate cupcakes, white bread, real butter, and bacon. We drank Kool-Aid made with real white sugar. And we weren't overweight.

WHY?

Because we were always outside playing...that's why!

We would leave home in the morning and play all day, as long as we were back when the streetlights came on.

No one was able to reach us all day.

--And, we were OKAY.

We would spend hours building

our go-carts out of scraps

and then ride them down the hill,

only to find out we forgot the brakes.. After running into the bushes a few times, we learned to solve the problem..

We did not have Play Stations, Nintendos and X-boxes. There were

no video games, no 150 channels on cable,

no video movies or DVDs,

no surround-sound or CDs,

no cell phones,

no personal computers,

no Internet and no chat rooms.

WE HAD FRIENDS

and we went outside and found them!

We fell out of trees, got cut,

broke bones and teeth,

and there were no lawsuits

from those accidents.

We would get spankings with wooden spoons, switches, ping-pong paddles, or just a bare hand, and no one would call child services to report abuse.

We ate worms, and mud pies

made from dirt, and

the worms did not live in us forever.

We were given BB guns for our 10th birthdays, made up games with sticks and tennis balls, and

-although we were told it would happen- we did not put out very many eyes.

We rode bikes or walked to a friend's house and knocked on the door or rang the bell, or just walked in and talked to them.

Little League had tryouts

and not everyone made the team.

Those who didn't had to learn

to deal with disappointment.

Imagine that!!

The idea of a parent bailing us out if we broke the law was unheard of. They actually sided with the law!

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers,

problem solvers, and inventors ever.

The past 50 to 85 years have seen an explosion of innovation and new ideas...

We had freedom, failure, success and responsibility, and we learned how to deal with it all.

If YOU are one of those born

between 1925-1970, CONGRATULATIONS!

You might want to share this with others who have had the luck to grow up as kids before the lawyers and the government regulated so much of our lives for our own good.

While you are at it, forward it to your kids, so they will know how brave and lucky their parents were.

Kind of makes you want to run through the house with scissors, doesn't it ?

~~~~~~~

The quote of the month

by

Jay Leno:

"With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"

For those that prefer to think that God is not watching over us...go ahead and delete this.

For the rest of us.....

please pass this on.

I deleted it anyway. Hope that doesn't negate all those years of church attendance.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

quote:

"With hurricanes, tornados, fires out of control, mud slides, flooding, severe thunderstorms tearing up the country from one end to another, and with the threat of bird flu and terrorist attacks, are we sure this is a good time to take God out of the Pledge of Allegiance?"

:psyduck:

That's it. I've read too much bull poo poo today. I can't take anymore.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
This sounds totally like Jay Leno down to the subject matter and inflection.

Saint Sputnik
Apr 1, 2007

Tyrannosaurs in P-51 Volkswagens!

quote:

Naw man naw *ba-dum-tish*

nsaP
May 4, 2004

alright?

euphronius posted:

:psyduck:

That's it. I've read too much bull poo poo today. I can't take anymore.

I'd just send back "I'm not impressed with his performance thus far."

oxbrain
Aug 18, 2005

Put a glide in your stride and a dip in your hip and come on up to the mothership.
Man, wasn't life great back when the childhood mortality rate was 20 times what it is now? We got to do all these dangerous things and we1 turned out fine.

1. The ones who didn't die or get crippled in stupid accidents.

PerniciousKnid
Sep 13, 2006

oxbrain posted:

Man, wasn't life great back when the childhood mortality rate was 20 times what it is now? We got to do all these dangerous things and we1 turned out fine.

1. The ones who didn't die or get crippled in stupid accidents.
They say we did all these dangerous things as kids, but are any of you reading this email currently dead? I didn't think so! drat liberals! :bahgawd:

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
Who the gently caress was eating dirt?

Hardcore Phonography
Apr 28, 2004

Armyman25 posted:

Duh, the guy going to school uphill both ways.

Cjones
Jul 4, 2008

Democracia Socrates, MD

Hardcore Phonography posted:

Duh, the guy going to school uphill both ways.

Twenty miles uphill. While being chased by rottweilers.

Limbo
Oct 4, 2006

Armyman25 posted:

People who had pica , pretty much. I grew up in a really poor mountain area and there were families where all the kids were known for eating dirt, and also were all malnourished.

Cacatua
Jan 17, 2006

quote:

OUR Lives are LIVING PROOF !!!
[...]

We had no childproof lids on medicine bottles, locks on doors or cabinets,
and, when we rode our bikes,we had baseball caps,not helmets, on our heads.

As infants and children, we would ride in cars with no car seats, no booster seats, no seat belts, no air bags, bald tires and sometimes no brakes..

One of my cousins born in that time period actually died of head trauma in a bike accident. If I had kids, they'd be wearing helmets while riding a bike. If a $30 helmet can prevent a fatality, I can't think of one reason not to wear one.

My parents each know at least one kid who died in a farm equipment accident in that period too. It's not as though no one ever died from accidents.

quote:

First, we survived being born to mothers who may have smoked and/or drank
while they were pregnant.

Oh, that explains this Email, actually.

Edit: I see Jay Leno is being blamed for all this reactionary stuff. It used to be George Carlin for some reason. Just search his name on snopes.com .

Cacatua fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Aug 12, 2010

chesh
Apr 19, 2004

That was terrible.

Brennanite posted:

We did not have Play Stations, Nintendos and X-boxes. There were

no video games, no 150 channels on cable,

no video movies or DVDs,

no surround-sound or CDs,

no cell phones,

no personal computers,

no Internet and no chat rooms.

quote:

These generations have produced some of the best risk-takers,

problem solvers, and inventors ever.

Yes, those of you who did not DIE OF POLIO gave us Play Stations, Nintendos and X-boxes, video games, cable TV, DVD's, CD's surround sound, cell phones, personal computers, the internet and chat rooms! Not to mentions electronic mail that allows you to share your bullshit!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

quote:

MEXICO IS ANGRY!

Three cheers for Arizona

The shoe is on the other foot and the Mexicans from the State of Sonora, Mexico doesn't like it. Can you believe the nerve of these people? It's almost funny. The State of Sonora is angry at the influx of Mexicans into Mexico. Nine state legislators from the Mexican State of Sonora traveled to Tucson to complain about Arizona's new employer crackdown on illegals from Mexico.

It seems that many Mexican illegals are returning to their hometowns and the officials in the Sonora state government are ticked off.

A delegation of nine state legislators from Sonora was in Tucson on Tuesday to state that Arizona's new Employer Sanctions Law will have a devastating effect on the Mexican state.

At a news conference, the legislators said that Sonora; Arizona's southern neighbor, made up of mostly small towns & cannot handle the demand for housing, jobs and schools that it will face as Mexican workers return to their hometowns from the USA without jobs or money.

The Arizona law, which took effect Jan. 1, punishes Arizona employers who knowingly hire individuals without valid legal documents to work in the United States. Penalties include suspension of, or loss of, their business license.

The Mexican legislators are angry because their own citizens are returning to their hometowns, placing a burden on THEIR state government. 'How can Arizona pass a law like this?' asked Mexican Rep Leticia Amparano-Gamez, who represents Nogales.

'There is not one person living in Sonora who does not have a friend or relative working in Arizona ,' she said, speaking in Spanish. 'Mexico is not prepared for this, for the tremendous problems it will face as more and more Mexicans working in Arizona and who were sending money to their families return to their home-towns in Sonora without jobs,' she said. 'We are one family, socially and economically,' she said of the people of Sonora and Arizona.

Wrong!

The United States is a sovereign nation, not a subsidiary of Mexico, and its taxpayers are not responsible for the welfare of Mexico 's citizens.

It's time for the Mexican government, and its citizens, to stop feeding parasitically off the United States and to start taking care of its/their own needs.

Too bad that other states within the USA don't pass a law just like that passed by Arizona .

Maybe that's the answer, since our own Congress will do nothing!

While the contents of the email are true gently caress this smug poo poo.

baquerd
Jul 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

RagnarokAngel posted:

It's actually an interesting commentary in that if we wanted to pass such a law, it would appear to be effective at its goal no matter how distasteful.

ought ten
Feb 6, 2004

RagnarokAngel posted:

I have to wonder how true it actually is. The quotes used make it seem like the legislators are worried about Sonorans returning home and that may be true. But it seems the real problem would be non-Sonorans who travelled from other parts of Mexico to Arizona and are now coming to Sonora. If I was the Sonoran government, I'd be concerned about a flood of outsiders into Sonora without jobs, a place to stay, or the resources to get to their home state.

Teriyaki Hairpiece
Dec 29, 2006

I'm nae the voice o' the darkened thistle, but th' darkened thistle cannae bear the sight o' our Bonnie Prince Bernie nae mair.
More facebook fun, something I've seen crop up recently

quote:

If you think, that putting up a mosque, 600 ft. from ground zero and have the inauguration, on the anniversary of 9/11/01, is immoral, inhuman and a complete lack of respect to the memories, of all that perished there on that day and their survivors. That politicians are doing a grave injustice to the fallen heroes, their families and all the people of New York City, COPY AND PASTE THIS TO YOUR WALL
These points have been addressed, in other threads, and they are of course, stupid, but that comma use, is pretty bad also.

Gripen5
Nov 3, 2003

'Startocaster' is more fun to say than I expected.
Got this one recently today from a coworker.

*sigh*

quote:

Islam Explained in Layman's Terms

Adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond's book: Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat.

Islam is not a religion, nor is it a cult. In its fullest form, it is a complete, total, 100% system of life.

Islam has religious, legal, political, economic, social, and military components. The religious component is a beard for all of the other components.

Islamization begins when there are sufficient Muslims in a country to agitate for their religious privileges.

When politically correct, tolerant, and culturally diverse societies agree to Muslim demands for their religious privileges, some of the other components tend to creep in as well.

Here's how it works:

As long as the Muslim population remains around or under 2% in any given country, they will be for the most part be regarded as a peace-loving minority, and not as a threat to other citizens. This is the case in:

United States -- Muslim 0.6%
Australia -- Muslim 1.5%
Canada -- Muslim 1.9%
China -- Muslim 1.8%
Italy -- Muslim 1.5%
Norway -- Muslim 1.8%

At 2% to 5%, they begin to proselytize from other ethnic minorities and disaffected groups, often with major recruiting from the jails and among street gangs. This is happening in:

Denmark -- Muslim 2%
Germany -- Muslim 3.7%
United Kingdom -- Muslim 2.7%
Spain -- Muslim 4%
Thailand -- Muslim 4.6%

From 5% on, they exercise an inordinate influence in proportion to their percentage of the population. For example, they will push for the introduction of halal (clean by Islamic standards) food, thereby securing food preparation jobs for Muslims. They will increase pressure on supermarket chains to feature halal on their shelves -- along with threats for failure to comply. This is occurring in:

France -- Muslim 8%
Philippines -- 5%
Sweden -- Muslim 5%
Switzerland -- Muslim 4.3%
The Netherlands -- Muslim 5.5%
Trinidad & Tobago -- Muslim 5.8%

At this point, they will work to get the ruling government to allow them to rule themselves (within their ghettos) under Sharia, the Islamic Law. The ultimate goal of Islamists is to establish Sharia law over the entire world.

When Muslims approach 10% of the population, they tend to increase lawlessness as a means of complaint about their conditions. In Paris , we are already seeing car-burnings. Any non-Muslim action offends Islam and results in uprisings and threats, such as in Amsterdam , with opposition to Mohammed cartoons and films about Islam. Such tensions are seen daily, particularly in Muslim sections in:

Guyana -- Muslim 10%
India -- Muslim 13.4%
Israel -- Muslim 16%
Kenya -- Muslim 10%
Russia -- Muslim 15%

After reaching 20%, nations can expect hair-trigger rioting, jihad militia formations, sporadic killings, and the burnings of Christian churches and Jewish synagogues, such as in:

Ethiopia -- Muslim 32.8%

At 40%, nations experience widespread massacres, chronic terror attacks, and ongoing militia warfare, such as in:

Bosnia -- Muslim 40%
Chad -- Muslim 53.1%
Lebanon -- Muslim 59.7%

From 60%, nations experience unfettered persecution of non-believers of all other religions (including non-conforming Muslims), sporadic ethnic cleansing (genocide), use of Sharia Law as a weapon, and Jizya, the tax placed on infidels, such as in:

Albania -- Muslim 70%
Malaysia -- Muslim 60.4%
Qatar -- Muslim 77..5%
Sudan -- Muslim 70%

After 80%, expect daily intimidation and violent jihad, some State-run ethnic cleansing, and even some genocide, as these nations drive out the infidels, and move toward 100% Muslim, such as has been experienced and in some ways is on-going in:

Bangladesh -- Muslim 83%
Egypt -- Muslim 90%
Gaza -- Muslim 98.7%
Indonesia -- Muslim 86.1%
Iran -- Muslim 98%
Iraq -- Muslim 97%
Jordan -- Muslim 92%
Morocco -- Muslim 98.7%
Pakistan -- Muslim 97%
Palestine -- Muslim 99%
Syria -- Muslim 90%
Tajikistan -- Muslim 90%
Turkey -- Muslim 99.8%
United Arab Emirates -- Muslim 96%

100% will usher in the peace of 'Dar-es-Salaam' -- the Islamic House of Peace. Here there's supposed to be peace, because everybody is a Muslim, the Madrasses are the only schools, and the Koran is the only word, such as in:

Afghanistan -- Muslim 100%
Saudi Arabia -- Muslim 100%
Somalia -- Muslim 100%
Yemen -- Muslim 100%

Unfortunately, peace is never achieved, as in these 100% states the most radical Muslims intimidate and spew hatred, and satisfy their blood lust by killing less radical Muslims, for a variety of reasons.

"Before I was nine I had learned the basic canon of Arab life. It was me against my brother; me and my brother against our father; my family against my cousins and the clan; the clan against the tribe; the tribe against the world, and all of us against the infidel." -- Leon Uris, 'The Haj'

It is important to understand that in some countries, with well under 100% Muslim populations, such as France, the minority Muslim populations live in ghettos, within which they are 100% Muslim, and within which they live by Sharia Law. The national police do not even enter these ghettos. There are no national courts, nor schools, nor non-Muslim religious facilities. In such situations, Muslims do not integrate into the community at large. The children attend madrasses. They learn only the Koran. To even associate with an infidel is a crime punishable with death. Therefore, in some areas of certain nations, Muslim Imams and extremists exercise more power than the national average would indicate.

Today's 1.5 billion Muslims make up 22% of the world's population. But their birth rates dwarf the birth rates of Christians, Hindus, Buddhists, Jews, and all other believers. Muslims will exceed 50% of the world's population by the end of this century.

Adapted from Dr. Peter Hammond's book: Slavery, Terrorism and Islam: The Historical Roots and Contemporary Threat.

Well, boys and girls, today we are letting the fox guard the henhouse. The wolves will be herding the sheep!

Obama appoints two devout Muslims to Homeland Security posts. Doesn't this make you feel safer already?

Obama and Janet Napolitano appoint Arif Alikhan, a devout Muslim, as Assistant Secretary for Policy Development.

DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano swore in Kareem Shora, a devout Muslim who was born in Damascus , Syria , as ADC National Executive Director as a member of the Homeland Security Advisory Council (HSAC).

NOTE: Has anyone ever heard a new government official being identified as a devout Catholic, a devout Jew or a devout Protestant...? Just wondering.

Devout Muslims being appointed to critical Homeland Security positions? Doesn't this make you feel safer already??

Was it not "Devout Muslim men" who flew planes into U.S. buildings 8 years ago?

Was it not a Devout Muslim who killed 13 at Fort Hood ?

Please forward this important information to any who care about the future of our respective countries

Many of the examples don't even fit the descriptions. But I guess the email is assume you know nothing about countries outside of the united states.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Why, yes, email author, Islam is a way of life that involves Politics, Religion, Economics, etc.

In no way, shape or form does Big C Christianity or Big J Judaism do the same things. No sir.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005
I'd be curious to see the correlation between a large Catholic population and civil unrest and poverty.

Of course, Papists aren't really Christians anyway.

crime fighting hog
Jun 29, 2006

I wonder if such a study for atheists exist, just out of curiosity.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I wonder if such a study for atheists exist, just out of curiosity.

Problem would be finding a number close enough to 100% to make that kind of firm statement I'd guess.