Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Excelsior
Apr 30, 2003

Tiny Fistpump posted:

You will show me the Stooges?

I will show you the Stooges. :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

R.D. Mangles posted:

Van Nostrand came from an earlier episode when Kramer was posing as a dermatologist screening people at Kruger Industrial Smoothing so George could get a shirtless picture of Kruger in order to have a photo retouched to prevent Kruger from realizing that George was the man who threw his childrens' beach setup into the ocean in mixed-up berserker rage [two notes: (1) I really enjoy attempting to recap latter-season Seinfeld plots in a single sentence, (2) Kruger is by far the most underrated Seinfeld character of all time-- in my opinion he's Goerge's best boss, even better than Steinbrenner-- it absolutely kills me every time Frank refers to him as "Mr. Cougar").

I don't think Kal Varnsen came out before that episode, but I do enjoy that they all have developed vaguely Scandinavian aliases.
Kramer actually used "H. E. Pennypacker" in The Puerto Rican Day, rather than the usual Van Nostrand. I think it was the first time he used that one.

Kel Varnsen was originally in The Boyfriend, when George is using Jerry to cheat his unemployment. "Vandelay Industries, Kel Varnsen speaking."

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Didn't Kramer use Van Nostrand first to get something out of someone's apartment in the nose job episode first?

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

He used it a bunch of times. There was also the time Elaine wanted to see her medical chart and kept being marked as a difficult patient, so Kramer posed as Dr. Van Nostrand to get it.

"The Hoffermandoffneher Clinic in Belgium."
"Really?"
"...the Netherlands?"

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.
He had to get the jacket back from the guy who used to bang his mom. Elaine played the guy's daughter and Kramer played Dr. Van Nostrand. He would reprise Van Nostrand to examine Kruger, which is where we learned that he went to Juliard.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

I think the primary lesson in Seinfeld is to always have a go-to preposterous sounding alias.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

He just put the kibosh on me, do you know what the kibosh means, it's a kibosh!

Lord Hydronium posted:

Kramer actually used "H. E. Pennypacker" in The Puerto Rican Day, rather than the usual Van Nostrand. I think it was the first time he used that one.

I believe he used Pennypacker in The Millennium while trying to re-price the clothing.

The best part was asking if the chips were free right after explaining how wealthy he was.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

HateTheInternet posted:

I believe he used Pennypacker in The Millennium while trying to re-price the clothing.

But he decided to build a roller-coaster instead.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

R.D. Mangles posted:

I think the primary lesson in Seinfeld is to always have a go-to preposterous sounding alias.

It's the reason I've adopted Cornelius Vanderslice as my moniker.

Role Play McMurphy
Jul 15, 2010

safety dan posted:

Michael Richards is so intense in real life. When he talks about Kramer on the DVDs, it's like he's talking about when he played Hamlet. He was very serious about his comedy. Jerry, Jason, and Julia would go out for food after every episode wrapped up, but Michael would rarely come. I can see him getting pissed about people breaking character to laugh. In "The Parking Garage" that box that he was carrying had a real air conditioner in it because he wanted to feel the heft. When he put it in the trunk he busted his lip on it but didn't break character. In "The Glasses" he's installing a different air conditioner in Jerry's apartment, and when it falls he rushes over to try to catch it. He bruised his rib during the take you see and still didn't break character. Guy's a pro.

In one of the bloopers, Julia can't stop laughing and he lightly slaps her in the face. It seems kind of playful and she hugs him right after but knowing how intense he can be and that he can lose control, I'm not sure he did it jokingly. Like he was really upset and it was all he could not to actually slap her hard.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Remember that drive from Wortsborough?

I was spottin' those raccoons!

the aftermath
Jul 20, 2002

Things Fall Apart

Chexoid posted:

Remember that drive from Wortsborough?

I was spottin' those raccoons!
Those were mailboxes I didn't have the heart to tell you!

LesterGroans
Jun 9, 2009

It's funny...

You were so scary at night.

Parachute posted:

It's the reason I've adopted Cornelius Vanderslice as my moniker.

Cubby Toddlebottom, pleased to meet you.

Cuban Chowder Factory
Jun 3, 2002
K UGER

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Oh, I've locked myself out of my office again. All right, I'm going home.

explosivo
May 23, 2004

Fueled by Satan

Jerry: "You find you need to use a lot of obscenities at the dentist?"

Kramer: "When they pull that needle out I let the expletives fly!"

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Cuban Chowder Factory posted:

K UGER

COCO! COCO! COCO!

Jack Bandit
Feb 6, 2005
Shit, I'm a free man and I haven't had a conjugal visit in six months
"It's like a sauna in here"

I watched The Implant last night and if anyone is doing GIF requests I'd love one of George doing the Sign of the Cross while she's on the phone finding out about her aunt dying.

Parachute
May 18, 2003

The Human Cow posted:

Oh, I've locked myself out of my office again. All right, I'm going home.

Who said he was going to get some actual work done today? Who?

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

Lord Hydronium posted:

"H. E. Pennypacker"
drat. For all these years I've thought it was 'A.G. Pennypacker'. drat homonymnitials.

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

That's ok, WoG. Would you like some jello?

Leyburn
Aug 31, 2001
Of course... absolute zero!

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Jack Bandit posted:

"It's like a sauna in here"

I watched The Implant last night and if anyone is doing GIF requests I'd love one of George doing the Sign of the Cross while she's on the phone finding out about her aunt dying.

That's one of my favorite George bits.

"So, when's the funeral? Well, Aunt Clarice was so ill, I guess it was really a blessing."

(George sadly nods and does the sign of the cross)

"Yeah, I'll fly home as soon as I can."

(George waves goodbye, moves his hand through the air like a plane taking off)

"O.k. You, too. Get some sleep."

(She turns around and he's suddenly looking all sad and sympathetic)

MINT WIZARD
Apr 25, 2007

This isn't going to stop until Pictionary bans the word windmill.

Leyburn posted:

Of course... absolute zero!

That always stood out to me. What could he be talking about? What is absolute zero the answer to that he just deducted while reading?

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007

safety dan posted:

Michael Richards is so intense in real life. When he talks about Kramer on the DVDs, it's like he's talking about when he played Hamlet. He was very serious about his comedy. Jerry, Jason, and Julia would go out for food after every episode wrapped up, but Michael would rarely come. I can see him getting pissed about people breaking character to laugh. In "The Parking Garage" that box that he was carrying had a real air conditioner in it because he wanted to feel the heft. When he put it in the trunk he busted his lip on it but didn't break character. In "The Glasses" he's installing a different air conditioner in Jerry's apartment, and when it falls he rushes over to try to catch it. He bruised his rib during the take you see and still didn't break character. Guy's a pro.

Yeah, and the bag of cement was real in The Revenge.

safety dan posted:

That always stood out to me. What could he be talking about? What is absolute zero the answer to that he just deducted while reading?

I've always loved how it's an epiphany too, like of course, how could I not have thought of that/what else could it have been.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Only registered members can see post attachments!

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account
El Diablo!!!!

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

clockworx posted:

El Diablo!!!!

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
Gotta support the team.

Roleplaying Larry
Dec 5, 2008
I can't believe I didn't find this thread until only a few days ago. I just read it in its entirety and it reminded me of just how utterly flawless Seinfeld it.

My favorite episode is "The Susie," mostly because it's the one with George's answering machine.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT

Martytoof posted:

I can't stop watching this, it's hypnotic.

Do you think you could avatarize it? I've been looking for a new one.

Cakebaker
Jul 23, 2007
Wanna buy some cake?
I love that puddy is the kind of guy who both is a devils fan, going around scaring priests, and at the same time has christian rock on every station and is a strong believer in heaven and hell.

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

bringer posted:

I can't stop watching this, it's hypnotic.

Do you think you could avatarize it? I've been looking for a new one.

There's nearly zero chance that it'll fit into 30kb and still look fluid/good. I'd have to shrink the file size like tenfold which wouldn't make it a good looking avatar at all. Sorry :(

I might be able to get his little hiss at the end into a three or four frame avatar if you're interested. No promises though.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

Cakebaker posted:

I love that puddy is the kind of guy who both is a devils fan, going around scaring priests, and at the same time has christian rock on every station and is a strong believer in heaven and hell.

Yeah, that's right.

bringer
Oct 16, 2005

I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT
My dreams of five minutes, dashed before my eyes.

Did anyone use the screaming Kramer from a few pages back? I think just Newman and Jerry were taken, but I can't really think of a good enough line to go with it.

Nucleic Acids
Apr 10, 2007

bringer posted:

Did anyone use the screaming Kramer from a few pages back? I think just Newman and Jerry were taken, but I can't really think of a good enough line to go with it.

I haven't seen anyone in this thread with it yet, so I'd take it while you still can.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

bringer posted:

"It's no picnic." or "HOOCHIE MAMA!" spring to mind.

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

WoG posted:

"It's no picnic." or "HOOCHIE MAMA!" spring to mind.

YO YO MA

HateTheInternet
Dec 19, 2004

"I'm out there Jerry and I'm LOVING EVERY MINUTE OF IT"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

some kinda jackal
Feb 25, 2003

Hey, how come people don't have dip for dinner? Why is it only a snack, why can't it be a meal, you know? I don't understand stuff like that.