Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jiro
Jan 13, 2004

SumYungGui posted:

Where is my Meatloaf background? I demand a Meatloaf background.

....and more journey

You can't say that without demanding an entire day devoted to Belle and Sebastian. :mad:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
If you can't log in to FTP and you have spaces in your name, use _ instead.
If not, and you just regged it's a bug we know about and are working on it.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice
Come, fellow ELO-loving goons! Rally around, let us band together and overthrow the tyrannical Journeyarchy forever!

(play more elo)

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

A Pinball Wizard posted:

(play more elo)

I fully support this endeavor; there's never enough ELO. I do expect you to support any tracks by the Move that I put in there, since the Move was the band that spawned ELO, and they too are very awesome. In fact, the only person who made it through the whole way was the drummer, Bev Bevan, who played on all the Move's albums and all of ELO's albums.

In fact, Do Ya was originally a Move song that Jeff Lynne wanted to get a second chance to make it more notable than the b-side to their last single. And arguably, the original version is better since it just feels heavier. The strings don't really add much.

But enough of such political ramblings, let us enjoy the sweet harmonious harmonies of Sweet Talkin' Woman, which I consider to be the finest pop song ever written.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Cemetry Gator posted:

I fully support this endeavor; there's never enough ELO. I do expect you to support any tracks by the Move that I put in there, since the Move was the band that spawned ELO, and they too are very awesome. In fact, the only person who made it through the whole way was the drummer, Bev Bevan, who played on all the Move's albums and all of ELO's albums.

In fact, Do Ya was originally a Move song that Jeff Lynne wanted to get a second chance to make it more notable than the b-side to their last single. And arguably, the original version is better since it just feels heavier. The strings don't really add much.

But enough of such political ramblings, let us enjoy the sweet harmonious harmonies of Sweet Talkin' Woman, which I consider to be the finest pop song ever written.

Don't you lecture ME on the history of ELO! :mad:

Kidding, we'll start designing the gang tag in the morning.

I've really been into ELO's "Do Ya" recently. It just feels so insanely over-the-top for what it is. I mean, the lyrics are really similar to The Who's "Bargain" (See all this insane poo poo? It's nothing compared to you baby!) but "Bargain" sounds like something recorded in Keith Moon's bathroom compared to the orchestra and choir and jets flying overhead on "Do Ya." And "Sweet Talkin' Woman" is indeed an excellent dong.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

That reminds me that the station also needs the Mr. Blue Sky background.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Don't you lecture ME on the history of ELO! :mad:

And "Sweet Talkin' Woman" is indeed an excellent dong.

Can I lecture everyone else?

And I once wrote a lengthy piece on why "Sweet Talkin' Woman" was the perfect song and no other song could better it and any attempts to do so were futile.

Then the person I showed it to said "What about the tape dropout before the third-verse," and I had to argue that the song was so perfect, that our technology just couldn't handle it anymore.

Also, I love Calling America more than any normal person should.

DanManIt
Sep 5, 2008
I've forgotten my password for the website, any way I can recover it?

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm totally going to try and put a show together.

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

DanManIt posted:

I've forgotten my password for the website, any way I can recover it?
You'll have to ask Jonnty to reset it for you.

joats
Aug 18, 2007
stupid bewbie
NM - I remember my password.

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Wow, 2 Metal Gear Solid songs in less than an hour span. This station really does deliver.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Cemetry Gator posted:

And I once wrote a lengthy piece on why "Sweet Talkin' Woman" was the perfect song and no other song could better it and any attempts to do so were futile.

I don't know how you feel about Christian 3rd wave ska, but Five Iron Frenzy recorded a pretty delightful cover of this song.

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

marauderthirty posted:

Wow, 2 Metal Gear Solid songs in less than an hour span. This station really does deliver.
I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not here.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

A Pinball Wizard posted:

If there's an ELO tag* I will KEEL SOMEONE if I don't have it. I KEEL!

* (I know there won't be)

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

ultra-inquisitor posted:

I can't tell whether you're being sarcastic or not here.

Welp, on one hand, I'm actually loving the station so far. On the other hand, yet another video game song came on not too long after the 2 MGS songs. I'm a newbie to GBS-FM, so maybe that's the norm, but god drat. I think they have internet radio stations that are 100% video game soundtracks. Nobody wants to listen to the music from Halo. Just sayin.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

marauderthirty posted:

Welp, on one hand, I'm actually loving the station so far. On the other hand, yet another video game song came on not too long after the 2 MGS songs. I'm a newbie to GBS-FM, so maybe that's the norm, but god drat. I think they have internet radio stations that are 100% video game soundtracks. Nobody wants to listen to the music from Halo. Just sayin.

Some times things are gonna line up like that. Sometimes we even do it on purpose!

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Some times things are gonna line up like that. Sometimes we even do it on purpose!
We like to force rap music on people.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Talas posted:

We like to force rap music on people.

And some people like to force mariachi music on people. :colbert:

Kidding of course, I actually like a lot of mariachi.

HOW COULD YOU
Jun 1, 2006

The man in black fled across Middle Tennessee, and Pierre followed.
This is great. Join the IRC channel guys!

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

This is great for discovering new bands. If you hear any Foxy Shazam, that's all me baby

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4
Today gbs.fm taught me about a band named Koenjihyakkei. I cannot pronounce it but they are loving rad as all gently caress even though, like, nobody else liked them. We joke about inflicting our music on others but every once in a while you find something you really, really like.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.
Holy crap anime Green Day. The first real WTF I've had listening to this.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

College Slice

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

Holy crap anime Green Day. The first real WTF I've had listening to this.

Wait'll you hear anime The Ramones!

ForestHobo
Sep 19, 2004
Roses are red, violets are blue, omgwtf, I love you.
Despite a horrible congruence of deadlines making the end of this week hell at the office, saying goodbye to a good friend moving away, planning a birthday party, and being somewhat ill, I've been in an incredibly good mood all day just because my favorite corner of the internet is back.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
Man I'm trying to introduce goons to obscure, albeit decent music and we've just been getting anime music and chiptunes and poo poo all day aggghhhh. There's a part of me that wishes people would take this more seriously.

Elman
Oct 26, 2009

cat doter posted:

Man I'm trying to introduce goons to obscure, albeit decent music and we've just been getting anime music and chiptunes and poo poo all day aggghhhh.

"No limits or boundaries" :suicide:

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Whoever uploaded that dong deserves to get banned from existence.

Nit Wit Dog Shit
Sep 28, 2000

Toilet Rascal

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

Been listening for a little while, awesome so far.

Added one of my own songs to the playlist, hope people like goon made music.

Search "sa: rockstar" or "goon" (sans quotes) for many choices of goon made music!

UndeadDragon
Jan 4, 2007

I used to be a pretty dragon.

Epsilon Plus posted:

Today gbs.fm taught me about a band named Koenjihyakkei. I cannot pronounce it but they are loving rad as all gently caress even though, like, nobody else liked them. We joke about inflicting our music on others but every once in a while you find something you really, really like.

I've added a few artists to my list of music I need to check out more of, so hey that's awesome!

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

cat doter posted:

Whoever uploaded that dong deserves to get banned from existence.
The original uploader (Frogis, according to kalleboo's derelict v1 site) was in fact banned for being terrible; most of the "well-known" stuff from v1 got transferred to v2 already, including "classics" like that one. "Banned from existence" is a little over the top, though: if you don't expect to get musically trolled every so often, why are you listening to a goon radio station?

edit: And someone uploaded a duplicate of Still Alive.

Incoherence fucked around with this message at 05:48 on Aug 13, 2010

Plasmafrag
Nov 11, 2008

cat doter posted:

Man I'm trying to introduce goons to obscure, albeit decent music and we've just been getting anime music and chiptunes and poo poo all day aggghhhh. There's a part of me that wishes people would take this more seriously.

I'm not sure what your problem with chiptunes are but I advise you to deal with it.

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Incoherence posted:

The original uploader (Frogis, according to kalleboo's derelict v1 site) was in fact banned for being terrible; most of the "well-known" stuff from v1 got transferred to v2 already, including "classics" like that one. "Banned from existence" is a little over the top, though: if you don't expect to get musically trolled every so often, why are you listening to a goon radio station?

frogis didn't get banned, he just disappeared.

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

Plasmafrag posted:

I'm not sure what your problem with chiptunes are but I advise you to deal with it.

I dunno they sound kinda lame and cheesy but whatevs, music is all taste.

cory ad portas
Apr 28, 2008

THERE IS AS YET INSUFFICIENT DATA FOR A MEANINGFUL ANSWER.
Needs more Orchestra Baobab.

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery

Incoherence posted:

Thanks, sorted.

If anyone does spot any dupes/mis-tagged dongs anywhere, click on the title of the track to go to the dong.info page and in the top left click on the report icon (red exclamation mark). This will flag it up automatically to the mods.

If you find something a bit more complicated we still have a report sub-forum on the gbs.fm site, or attract a mods attention in IRC.

Unfortunately the game soundtracks and even worse chip-tunes are here to stay, a lot of people love them, gently caress knows why. So just vote it 1 and wait until the next track which is bound to be good better different.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed
The only way to beat gay anime/gameboy soundtracks/speed metal is for you dudes and ladies to join up and add your own music!

For example:

Comfy Chairs
May 21, 2005

by Ralp

Category Fun! posted:

Despite all the sonic abominations GBS-FM calls its own, nothing - NOTHING - strikes fear into my heart as much as this.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed
I unironically believe that Toby Keith is a talented musician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jareth
Dec 6, 2006
Jareth

Category Fun! posted:

If you can upload this I'd really appreciate it.

• Locked thread