Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Sasquatch! posted:

I missed GBS-FM...I managed to find a lot of new music back in the day, so hooray!

EDIT: So wait - http://gbsfm.info/ apparently still exists. What is it now?

http://gbs.fm

(You could at least try and read the OP)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

I had no idea the new GBS-FM site was still being worked on - what a very pleasant surprise indeed! I've always loved GBS-FM, and am extremely pleased to see its official return. Looking forward to (un)ironically enjoying many dreadful songs once again.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

cum fiesta into Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonight into Buttmachine

This is a pretty amazing string of songs after all that DJ bullshit

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO
Nice. I was missing my daily dose of Klaus Wunderlich.

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
Sasquatch! Kalleboo just keeps it around for nostalgia, the forums are still alive although no-one really posts anymore, but we can still see our history.

There's no music/DJs on the old site though.

Mustache Ride
Sep 11, 2001

Sasquatch! posted:

I missed GBS-FM...I managed to find a lot of new music back in the day, so hooray!

The site is still up, but there is nothing there.

Here is what shows if you log in.

Click here for the full 800x546 image.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Sasquatch! posted:

A place to review your old favorited songs/artists/albums and reminisce about old threads in the forum?
Edit:

DaWolfey posted:

http://gbs.fm

(You could at least try and read the OP)
I'm 99% sure you you misinterpreted them.

dirby fucked around with this message at 22:20 on Aug 14, 2010

JustAnother Fat Guy
Dec 22, 2009

Go to hell, and take your cheap suit with you!
This is literally awesome. :swoon:

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
Time for England's Hidden Reverse on Ghetto. My show is mostly industrial, with a mix of ambient, neofolk and whatever else I feel like throwing in.

http://ghettoradio.us:8209/listen.pls
http://woodch.info:8199/

death cob for cutie
Dec 30, 2006

dwarves won't delve no more
too much splatting down on Zot:4

Jetsetlemming posted:

cum fiesta into Somebody's Gonna Get Their Head Kicked In Tonight into Buttmachine

This is a pretty amazing string of songs after all that DJ bullshit

I uploaded that! It's always cool to see someone playing stuff you've uploaded.

(it's also a sign that people are using the search function, which is also awesome)

p.s. Nihiliste's show is rad

death cob for cutie fucked around with this message at 23:13 on Aug 14, 2010

Faggot Scumfuck
Jun 28, 2008
Nihiliste's show is awesome, tune in you fuckers.

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Nihiliste plays some really interesting and cool stuff. You should be listening.

Mustache Ride posted:

I loved your show Dylan, it made my drive home smooth and bluesy.

Also, next time play more Muddy Waters.

My next show will feature a few different artists than the last, but I'll have some of that early Muddy. Plan on hearing some Chicken Shack.

Underflow
Apr 4, 2008

EGOMET MIHI IGNOSCO
The new site is freezing every browser I can get to work on the old machine I'm forced to use at the moment. It's not the same without the comments marquee.

TheManko
Dec 17, 2004

In about 3 minutes I'm starting my dj show on http://ghettoradio.us:8209/listen.pls which I have been every week for over 4 years now. I started on gbs-fm and have kept doing it on ghettoradio after the old gbs-fm died.

It's a talk show, so via Skype me and a bunch of other nerds talk about news, tech, games, movies and all sorts of other nerd crap. Anyone can call in, so just call "dasmanko" on Skype if you want to be on the show.

NewAgeRetroHippie
Oct 25, 2007

New Age Retro Hippie uses Toothbrush!
This is perhaps the greatest thing to come out of GBS.

I anxiously waited 10 hours to see if goons were going to hate my dong choice. :ohdear:

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

NewAgeRetroHippie posted:

This is perhaps the greatest thing to come out of GBS.

I anxiously waited 10 hours to see if goons were going to hate my dong choice. :ohdear:

Yeah, I've been listening all day waiting for mine. It's up in a few though. Supposed to be going out to dinner in like five minutes but I'm too much of a nerd and will be late.

Fearian
Nov 21, 2007

TSSSSSSssssss...

I listened to some monologues about what its like to gently caress and be hosed by a miniature stallion (some kind of pony) for six minutes today.

But it got better when a 10 minute track of harsh noises and a guy repeating 'I'm gonna rape a baby so why don't you kill me I'm a raper baby why don't you kill me' came one.

why can't we delete dongs.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
He says "I'm a raver baby, so why don't you kill me", it a sample from some other song.

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Fearian posted:

I listened to some monologues about what its like to gently caress and be hosed by a miniature stallion (some kind of pony) for six minutes today.

But it got better when a 10 minute track of harsh noises and a guy repeating 'I'm gonna rape a baby so why don't you kill me I'm a raper baby why don't you kill me' came one.

why can't we delete dongs.

Again, the singer was saying "I'm a raver, baby, so why don't you kill me." This was posted not but a page ago. In the future, before you accuse a fellow poster of condoning paedophilia by playing dongs glorifying child rape, I request you do a bit more research.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Again, the singer was saying "I'm a raver, baby, so why don't you kill me." This was posted not but a page ago. In the future, before you accuse a fellow poster of condoning paedophilia by playing dongs glorifying child rape, I request you do a bit more research.

Yep. While we do have some baby-rape songs, we're saving those for work hours.

Chair In A Basket
Aug 6, 2005

I'm basically Jesus.

Nap Ghost
I never stopped believing...

What a great day to get my internet back.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

delfin posted:

Yep. While we do have some baby-rape songs, we're saving those for work hours.
Along with the nazi swing band.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
You uncultured swine. Giving Traffic's "Paper Sun" a 2.166666667. Where's the love for Steve Winwood? Where's the love for a great psychedelic pop song? Why does a song about cunnilingus get a 5 and this gets a pitiful 2.

Seriously, there is nothing more heartbreaking than to see a song get a low rating. I've now discovered a new source of joy and heartbreak.

Edit: Also, deleting songs would be against the spirit of GBS.FM. Isn't the idea that anything that's considered music goes? If you don't like what's playing, you got up to 11 minutes to put on something you like.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Cemetry Gator posted:

You uncultured swine. Giving Traffic's "Paper Sun" a 2.166666667. Where's the love for Steve Winwood? Where's the love for a great psychedelic pop song?
It's up to 2.5 now. The solution is to play more Traffic. If you shove enough of something that people don't like down their throats, they'll learn to like it.

quote:

Why does a song about cunnilingus get a 5 and this gets a pitiful 2.
Goons.

quote:

Seriously, there is nothing more heartbreaking than to see a song get a low rating.
If you can't handle people not sharing your opinions, maybe gbsfm (and the internet as a whole?) isn't for you. I think GBSFM is great because, for example, you can make people listen to traffic even when they don't like it.

quote:

Edit: Also, deleting songs would be against the spirit of GBS.FM. Isn't the idea that anything that's considered music goes?
Agreed.

dirby fucked around with this message at 04:15 on Aug 15, 2010

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?

helopticor posted:

If you can't handle people not sharing your opinions, maybe gbsfm (and the internet as a whole?) isn't for you. I think GBSFM is great because, for example, you can make people listen to traffic even when they don't like it.

Honestly, just so you know, I was joking. I'm very used to people not sharing my opinion. I just hope you got that. I'm sorry, whenever I do something like that and it's not clear that I'm joking, I always like to make double clear.

Although, there still is a ping of heartbreak when a song you like is disliked by the general public.

Oh someday, they'll learn to accept you, again, Milli Vanilli. Blame it on the Rain was a brilliant pop track.

Category Fun!
Dec 2, 2008

im just trying to get you into bed
It's pretty obvious that the solution to goons not liking a song is to play that song repeatedly until they learn to love it. That's why everyone loves those songs about cunnilingus.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

So the goon solution to differing music tastes is basically induce the Stockholm syndrome musically?

Then again, inducing the Stockholm syndrome seems to work in everything else I do, like school work, friendships, hostage situations...

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

Well, it worked for "Hot in the Airport".

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Talas posted:

Well, it worked for "Hot in the Airport".

I've been singing that to myself all day since it played this morning.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

Cemetry Gator posted:

Although, there still is a ping of heartbreak when a song you like is disliked by the general public.
If I felt like that I wouldn't keep uploading songs I've written myself, even though the highest rating I've got is 2.6.

Plus, not everybody who listens votes.

pill for your ills
Mar 23, 2006

ghost rock.
Holy poo poo, I can't believe it's back! I was one upload-happy fucker last go-round. This is gonna be great.

As with all things, I will start with Autechre.

Gene Hackman Fan
Dec 27, 2002

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sasquatch! posted:

For me, it's a handy guide for what I need to upload to the new site.

EDIT: But on further review, the cliffhangers yodel is already on the new site, so I guess I'm pretty much set.

Gene Hackman Fan fucked around with this message at 04:45 on Aug 15, 2010

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

The playlist has been hovering around half a day long, all day long. drat. And people were talking about the playlist running out earlier in the thread.

GBoat
Dec 4, 2008

CORNHOLE PATROLE posted:

Nihiliste's show is awesome, tune in you fuckers.

please tell me your name was inspired by the song cum fiesta.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

A Pinball Wizard posted:

He's saying "I'm a raver, baby, so why don't you kill me?" Please do not accuse me of condoning paedophilia.

Oh hey, guy, I hate you and want you to die. That song was atrocious.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

We Wish You an Adequate Festive Period was funnier than I thought it'd be.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

RBA Starblade posted:

We Wish You an Adequate Festive Period was funnier than I thought it'd be.

Have both albums! http://keepamericascared.com/xmas/

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

David Bowie owns, Beep Beep.
Edit: Woah, Cake covering War Pigs. Best cover by far I've heard on gbs.fm so far

Faggot Scumfuck
Jun 28, 2008

GBoat posted:

please tell me your name was inspired by the song cum fiesta.

Most Definitely, uploaded the song so I figured it'd be a more fitting name

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

The classical music section is woefully inadequate. I've not got an enormous collection myself, and there's a lot of stuff that's going to be over 11 minutes, but I am aiming to upload a fair amount of stuff.

But before I do...

It seems the current standard is to label pieces according to composer and title, and generally not include anything about performer. I can understand the desire not to have 16 different symphonic performances of a particular dong, but I'm wondering if there's any particular standard that's preferred?

E.g., should it be possible to search by 'Rostropovich' or 'Yo-yo Ma'? Or only by 'J. S. Bach'?

Oh, also, it'd be great if goons settled on just one of the following: J.S. Bach, J. S. Bach, JS Bach, J S Bach, Johan Sebastian Bach.

yes I am going to force you goons to listen to classical music get used to the idea you have no choice in the matter

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 08:52 on Aug 15, 2010

• Locked thread