Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

CORNHOLE PATROLE posted:

More power hours and blocks would be nice. They are really awesome
I was just about to mention this. The Rotterdam Terror Corps block didn't go down that well but there's a nice classical block coming up in about 10 hours time! IRC is the best place for organising them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
To maintain song diversity, we've increased the song replay rate to 72 hours so now you have to wait 72 hours before the same song can be added.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

DaWolfey posted:

To maintain song diversity, we've increased the song replay rate to 72 hours so now you have to wait 72 hours before the same song can be added.

Though seriously, with 140,000 to choose from, you should never have to add the same dong twice!

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

Jonnty posted:

Though seriously, with 140,000 to choose from, you should never have to add the same dong twice!

Except "Bob Pokosky" and "Find the Cat".

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe
Time to upload some stuff! :)

EDIT: Turns out I'm already registered and forgot. :facepalm:

Joe Anglican
Mar 24, 2005

I've got a megaphone I've been saving for a special occasion.
Holy cow. Not going to forget "高円寺百景" any time soon.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

ultra-inquisitor posted:

The Rotterdam Terror Corps block didn't go down that well
In my opinion, the best Power Hours are those which cause the most ire. I'm already anxiously anticipating the first anime/J-Pop Power Hour.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

DaWolfey posted:

We've had a Rotterdam Terror Corps block

Why did I miss this? God drat it...

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Tune in right now to experience pure aural bliss.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Joe Anglican posted:

Holy cow. Not going to forget "高円寺百景" any time soon.

Zeuhl kinda has that effect.
It's desperate panic-stricken prophesying in musical form.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Attn: Bob Pokosy coming up in like an hour.

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
I just have to say, "DJ Magnetic Dozer - I'm a Supergirl" is AMAZING. The parts where I was awake blew my mind!

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Jetsetlemming posted:

Not just Bob Pokosy... but apparently a NEW Bob Pokosy remix.

:ohdear:

Entropist
Dec 1, 2007
I'm very stupid.

DaWolfey posted:

We've had a Rotterdam Terror Corps block

I missed this too, nooo...

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope

Jetsetlemming posted:

Do you knowsy Pokosy?

It's on now, you have plenty of time to tune in.

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Entropist posted:

I missed this too, nooo...

It's kind of funny because I can just listen to it on my computer but listening to it and watching the songs' ratings plummet and goons gripe would be marvelous.

anyoldactress
Apr 7, 2009

Have you seen my pants? They're also very important
I did not miss the Rotterdam Terror Corps block.

It sure was something.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

trouser chili posted:

I just have to say, "DJ Magnetic Dozer - I'm a Supergirl" is AMAZING. The parts where I was awake blew my mind!

I am glad you enjoyed it.

Seriously this is the best, I hope it never goes away!

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Have you guys ever had to ban someone from uploading?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Cemetry Gator posted:

Have you guys ever had to ban someone from uploading?
Christina Carmi.

MerklesBoner
Apr 5, 2003

Talas posted:

The station still needs more smilies.
The smilies are the one thing I really do miss.

BalthCat
Aug 11, 2010
Fight for your right to vote off-playlist! :jihad:

*throws chairs and things*

:stoat:

Fistgrrl
Dec 30, 2000

Queen of Cuddlenaps

Peachstapler posted:

Christina Carmi.

I always that was someone's gimmick (yours). :)

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
And Rex Trulove

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
I was once for awhile on the old site. Then I was hellbanned, and cat-eared, out-right banned, etc.
It was undone and repeated quite a few times.

Mr. Pither
May 28, 2006

Hello, friends!
I thought Christina Carmi eventually revealed that she was invited to the first site back when invites were a feature. Gimmick or not, I'll always admire her persistence. She must have spent a good year or two reppin' the Lord every day in the face of unanimous opposition.

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987
It's too bad that people remembered the horrors and nightmares of the past (see Miko Miko Nurse and Molella)

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope

Radio Nowhere posted:

I added GBS-FM to http://www.yourmuze.fm/ for you Blackberry users.

Wow, this is awesome. I always had trouble streaming to my blackberry, but this reduces the bitrate for you. I'm streaming on a lovely EDGE connection with no stuttering or anything. This should be in the OP.

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
We just had a small issue with someone duping a few j-tracks. (I know, I know, one copy is more than enough). Particularly for j-pop but also for any artists which use some form of moonicode in their name, please search for both versions of the name or search by track title as well before you upload.

Wouldn't want anyone to waste their time uploading an artist discography we already have, cheers.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Jormagund posted:

We just had a small issue with someone duping a few j-tracks. (I know, I know, one copy is more than enough). Particularly for j-pop but also for any artists which use some form of moonicode in their name, please search for both versions of the name or search by track title as well before you upload.

Wouldn't want anyone to waste their time uploading an artist discography we already have, cheers.

(Since this one was my fault...)

If you're going to upload Asian artists, please retag them with romanized names in Western name order (family name last).

Also, Isao Tomita isn't j-pop!

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

Who thought that, so I can laugh at them.

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Seriously, searching doesn't take that long. I uploaded a ton of Byrds singles, and I made sure to check under "Birds" and "Byrds" and a few song titles. Once I was convinced there was no chance in hell that these songs existed, I did my dirty work.

Except for Turn! Turn! Turn! (To Everything There is a Season). That was already up there.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
27 solid minutes of starfox is just not enough.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.
After making a comment on one of the Starfox songs, I realized it was a good tagline for gbs.fm:

"It's never over on GBS.fm"

Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery

Dominus Vobiscum posted:

That's why I said j-tracks referring to this artist, but the majority of moonicode seems to be on j-poop, there was a distinction.

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

I left gbs.fm on when I fell asleep tonight by accident and was woken up by the neighbors demanding me to turn it down. When I fell asleep, the station was playing nice, pleasant music. Sometime during the night somebody decided that there wasn't enough terrible godawful noise being played.

Liquid Communism
Mar 9, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

Jetsetlemming posted:

I left gbs.fm on when I fell asleep tonight by accident and was woken up by the neighbors demanding me to turn it down. When I fell asleep, the station was playing nice, pleasant music. Sometime during the night somebody decided that there wasn't enough terrible godawful noise being played.

That's pretty much the theme block for tonight. Terrible 10-minute collections of digital samples of videogame speech with occasional music tracks.

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

Liquid Communism posted:

That's pretty much the theme block for tonight. Terrible 10-minute collections of digital samples of videogame speech with occasional music tracks.
<DaWolfey> we're in phase 2 - the discovery of all the novelty and crap songs

It always happens. It'll be over soon(ish) and then we'll move onto phase 3.

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

What's phase 3? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

spankmeister posted:

What's phase 3? :ohdear:
Super-efficient, high-precision, targeted use of the most godawful songs and tracks to infuriate and/or terrify all the listeners by the greatest degree in the smallest space of time.

• Locked thread