Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smohq
Jan 27, 2005

BFG420

spankmeister posted:

What's phase 3? :ohdear:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

Phase 1: the innocent goon adds his/her favourite dong to the playlist, eagerly awaiting critical acclaim for their taste in music. The dong is savaged, voted 1, the adder is told to die in a fire.

Phase 2: embittered by the humiliation of their favourite artist being rated lower than Avril Lavigne, the goon decides to exact revenge by adding 10 minute post-rave and screaming cat dongs.

Phase 3: deciding this is not enough, the goon creates his/her very own "audio abortion" and uploads it. Half the listeners hate it, the other half think it's the greatest piece of music since the last novelty dong played 10 minutes ago.

Phase 4: at this point, the goon either gets ADD and leaves forever, or becomes a beautiful, fully-formed member of the station, capable of withstanding anything Diamanda Galas can throw at them without flinching. :3:

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

smohq posted:

This is surprisingly accurate.

Plus: :arghfist::gonk:Curse you for being the first post on this page:arghfist::gonk:

Jetsetlemming
Dec 31, 2007

i'Am also a buetifule redd panda

Just uploaded an album of christian rock guys. :)

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Sombrerotron posted:

Super-efficient, high-precision, targeted use of the most godawful songs and tracks to infuriate and/or terrify all the listeners by the greatest degree in the smallest space of time.

see: Garth Brooks Power Hour

I got the listener count down to 7 that day.

Jareth
Dec 6, 2006
Jareth

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

I was one of them. Best Power Hour I've heard.

Aliass
Dec 25, 2008
GBS-FM is great i listened to it for an hour and already found 2 new great artists. Much love to whatever goon put Amon Tboin on the list :D

LazyDivey
Jun 18, 2004

Orange crush momma is a laugh laugh laugh.

Getting an internal server error when trying to access the site this morning.

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

LazyDivey posted:

Getting an internal server error when trying to access the site this morning.

Don't worry, I was just fiddling. All is well now.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Jonnty posted:

Don't worry, I was just fiddling.
While ears burn.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Tonight at 11:00 Central I'll be doing a show in observance of the last show of my first year as a DJ. Tune in! I'll be doing something very special.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I've seen a couple of songs added to the playlist which are just 3 songs in the same mp3 file.
There is one with The Cure on the playlist and I saw another one with Pink Floyd.

I don't know why, but it just sorta sits wrong with me. It's like cheating <:mad:>

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
I don't know the official rules on that, but for some songs I think it's justified. The songs that completely run together like Pink Floyd's Brain Damage/Eclipse. Even the radio always runs them together. It would sound incomplete without it.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Cheating the system by adding 3 unrelated songs together like that is against the rules.

Please report any that you see, so they can be dealt with accordingly.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Funniest comment I've got so far: "worse than hitler"

Maybe I should try deliberately posting terrible music, apparently I'm doing well without even trying.

I'm posting my good stuff guys, if you want me to queue up some of my more 'experimental' tracks I'd be happy to oblige.

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

Farquar posted:

I don't know the official rules on that, but for some songs I think it's justified. The songs that completely run together like Pink Floyd's Brain Damage/Eclipse. Even the radio always runs them together. It would sound incomplete without it.

You could argue that you'd have to play the whole dark side of the moon then.
But it's a good example, and I agree that those songs belong together.
But I believe that the The Cure song I mentioned earlier has songs from different albums, making it harder to justify in my opinion.

E: Guess DaWolfey cleared that up.

E2: gently caress it, it's from a live show and probably belongs together and I'm just being a whiny bitch.

Attitude Indicator fucked around with this message at 16:51 on Aug 18, 2010

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

I'm posting my good stuff guys, if you want me to queue up some of my more 'experimental' tracks I'd be happy to oblige.
Yeah, don't queue anymore of whatever you added. Your absolute shittiest work is probably going to be more warmly received, if I can offer you some advice here, after all this is GBS-FM.

StevePerry fucked around with this message at 17:23 on Aug 18, 2010

Feb 28, 2007

1️⃣
Just another number.

Attitude Indicator posted:

I've seen a couple of songs added to the playlist which are just 3 songs in the same mp3 file.
There is one with The Cure on the playlist and I saw another one with Pink Floyd.

I don't know why, but it just sorta sits wrong with me. It's like cheating <:mad:>

Don't you dare take away my one minute long recording of a nineteen-forties computer running through its repertoire of two and a half songs. If you do I shall be forced to wreak terrible vengeance in the form of a fantastic ten minute long recording of Revolution 1. :argh:

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Peachstapler posted:

Yeah, don't queue anymore of whatever you added. Your absolute shittiest work is probably going to be more warmly received, if I can offer you some advice here, after all this is GBS-FM.
Well I was trying to play the songs which had the most polish. Some of the songs I've recorded have more glaring faults with them, others as I've said were more experimental. I'll just play the ones I like, warts and all.

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!

Peachstapler posted:

:rolleyes:

Add whatever feels right and enjoy the anguished screams.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

Yesterday, I did a trial run for a Nico Nico Douga Power Hour. Just under 11 minutes of that was enough to inspire massive hysteria.

Following that unequivocal success, I've uploaded over 2 hours of Nico Nico Douga music. The majority of it consists of a series of different versions of the same medley I played yesterday.

Godspeed, gentlemen.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

delfin posted:

:rolleyes:

Add whatever feels right and enjoy the anguished screams.

Seriously. On GhettoRadio, I did a hijack show for Easter Sunday and Monday. Note that I mean a single show. I downloaded the entire Bible from Librivox and, because it was 52 hours or so long, I sped it up to 3x. I then played the entire Bible— fast— as an Easter show.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

ManiacClown posted:

Seriously. On GhettoRadio, I did a hijack show for Easter Sunday and Monday. Note that I mean a single show. I downloaded the entire Bible from Librivox and, because it was 52 hours or so long, I sped it up to 3x. I then played the entire Bible— fast— as an Easter show.
The only way that could be better is if it was accompanied by drum and bass.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

ManiacClown posted:

I'm imagining a DONK version of the Bible now.

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Sometimes I screw something up and want to delete a bunch songs from the same album, and it's really annoying to be taken back to the playlist after each file. Same for edits.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I stuck together Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor. It's almost always two tracks on a CD, but I strongly feel they belong together; I can't think of a case where someone would want to perform one without the other. Together I think they come to 9 minutes.

If that's not OK, I can upload the tracks separate, but it'd be a shame to never be able to hear them together (without I guess some kind of tag-team effort).

Edit: Oh yeah, what are people's favorite free ripping software (for windoze)? I used to use some program that came with my sound card but that was one computer ago and I don't have it any more.

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Leperflesh posted:

Edit: Oh yeah, what are people's favorite free ripping software (for windoze)? I used to use some program that came with my sound card but that was one computer ago and I don't have it any more.
Pretty sure the recommendation is still EAC and LAME; if you look in NMD they might have some better instructions.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

skander posted:

Sometimes I screw something up and want to delete a bunch songs from the same album, and it's really annoying to be taken back to the playlist after each file. Same for edits.

It's a little easier if you open up all of the songs from the album in separate tabs and do it that way.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

As I said, Wikipedia lists it as one song and it has one BWV number, so I think it's definitively one piece.

Default Settings
May 29, 2001

Keep your 'lectric eye on me, babe

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

The only way that could be better is if it was accompanied by drum and bass.
So this is what Microsoft Songsmith was invented for!

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

helopticor posted:

It's a little easier if you open up all of the songs from the album in separate tabs and do it that way.
Yeah I tried that, I just didn't know how to do it it Opera. I can't log in with Firefox, ctrl-click isn't how Opera does it, and I've just been too frustrated/stupid/irritated to simply rtfm. I have now! Thanks. :)

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

I added a few songs together as one mp3 since they're from live shows and flow together, or, yeah, they're Pink Floyd and flow together that way.

Get rid of them if that isn't okay!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Incoherence posted:

Pretty sure the recommendation is still EAC and LAME; if you look in NMD they might have some better instructions.

No, that's perfect thanks. I already have Audacity (which is LAME) so all I needed was EAC.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

1 posted:

one minute long recording of a nineteen-forties computer running through its repertoire of two and a half songs.

It's safe to say that something like that is fine, given its short length.
And joining up songs that flow into each other without a gap - that's ok if it's like that on the cd. As in they are two tracks together.
But just lumping songs together than are unrelated, no chance.

Basically, we want the tracks as they would be as on the album, not hosed with.

egon_beeblebrox
Mar 1, 2008

WILL AMOUNT TO NOTHING IN LIFE.

DaWolfey posted:

Basically, we want the tracks as they would be as on the album, not hosed with.

Sorry about that, my mistake. I've seen that you've banned them. Though, a few of the songs you banned aren't two songs. The "In the House - In a Heartbeat" is one track, and so is "Dark Mood Woods/The Red Room."

But, once again, my mistake! Won't happen again.

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
Is there a thread with more info on Ghettoradio? I'd like to put together a regular show. I registered and posted and still I have red text? I have no idea what the secret password is? Stairs? I dunno...

Tube
Jun 1, 2000

I'm going off the rails on a CRAZY TRAIN!

Fallen Rib

Disciple of Pain posted:

Is there a thread with more info on Ghettoradio? I'd like to put together a regular show. I registered and posted and still I have red text? I have no idea what the secret password is? Stairs? I dunno...

It's hiding in this post from a few pages back.

Or, you could just pop into the GhettoRadio IRC channel and I'm sure someone would tell you.

smohq
Jan 27, 2005

BFG420

Disciple of Pain posted:

I was gonna bump your status to DJ, but I found no Disciple of Pain. Did you reg with a different name perhaps?

Edit: Sorted.

smohq fucked around with this message at 01:36 on Aug 19, 2010

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe

Disciple of Pain posted:

Just walked in on this dude's first show. Cool music man, can't wait for the next one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cemetry Gator
Apr 3, 2007

Do you find something comical about my appearance when I'm driving my automobile?
Frankly, I wish more radio stations would play Sirius before Eye in the Sky by the Alan Parson's Project.

Personal Reflection Time: I put on that album, and the opening track had everyone excited. They were like "Oh my god, it's that basketball track," and then BOOM! You get some light MOR 80s rock and roll. Biggest let-down ever.

• Locked thread