Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm running a blues show four an hour ago until midnight, EST. Come check it out and send me requests over irc!

http://ghettoradio.us:8209/listen.pls

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

robertdx
Mar 15, 2005

Lens slap
It has been so long since I've listened, but I'm really glad this is back. Thanks everybody!

Attitude Indicator
Apr 3, 2009

I've noticed the listener number has dropped down quite a bit over the weekend. I guess this is just the number stabilizing or something.
How many listeners did the old station have on average?

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
Listening to the amazing amount of lovely songs goons know can be funny, but after a few days it's pretty tiresome, so i can't blame people for tuning in less.

King of Crowns
Jul 15, 2004
BOY, I SURE AM ONE HELL OF A FUCK-UP!
How would I go about getting my old account back at GBS-FM?

Its Shokan and I used to listen around the time SickenTide stopped uploading songs, so its been quite some time. I have no idea if my account still exists and how to go about getting it back!

I had tons of songs uploaded too :(

Gyre
Feb 25, 2007

King of Crowns posted:

How would I go about getting my old account back at GBS-FM?

Its Shokan and I used to listen around the time SickenTide stopped uploading songs, so its been quite some time. I have no idea if my account still exists and how to go about getting it back!

I had tons of songs uploaded too :(

Unfortunately it's an all new server and system, so accounts and songs weren't ported over.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Attitude Indicator posted:

I've noticed the listener number has dropped down quite a bit over the weekend. I guess this is just the number stabilizing or something.
How many listeners did the old station have on average?

Well gbsfm 1 would pull in sort of 40-80 during the course of a weekday. Weekend would always be lower because a lot of people listen at work or they're just generally not at their computer.

Since the launch we've had a lot of churn - new people coming in, adding the odd song then not coming back.
Now it's levelling out - the playlist length will stabilise (it'll grow and shrink over the course of a day) and people are adding and voting less but the same names are appearing over and over adding songs and commenting - these people seem to want to stick around (suckers).

GBS-FM is not for everyone - some people don't like the schizophrenic genre shifting or aren't willing to stand some of the more - let's say challenging - music that is played or they don't have a lifestyle where listening to internet radio for a long time fits.

Stonelegs
Apr 15, 2003

I'll have a coke...
GBSFM has always been great for discovering odd new music. It's extra special great for finding goon remixes of things, like the Mayor Wilkins Ladder Theory remix.

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005

On right now, playing a couple hours of Dubstep and Synthpop. Surprise Sunday show. No industrial, I promise. :-)

EDIT: LISTEN, BITCHES!

EDIT2: vvvv Thanks, man!

Disciple of Pain fucked around with this message at 20:43 on Aug 22, 2010

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Disciple of Pain posted:

EDIT: LISTEN, BITCHES!
Ok fine geez. <:mad:>

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
My speakers are blasting more filth than a mud enema whore with diarrhea.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Doctor Zero posted:

In two hours, Absolute Zero, my weekly Industrial music show will be on Ghetto radio will be on. See link in OP.

Every Saturday at 12:00 central time.

I've had requests for Covenant, Cruxshadows and more! Listen in!

Much VNV Nation please! What is that GMT? US time zones confuse the hell out of me.

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

Daimo posted:

Much VNV Nation please! What is that GMT? US time zones confuse the hell out of me.

Central time is GMT-5 until mid October when it changes to GMT-6, IIRC.

dirby fucked around with this message at 21:47 on Aug 22, 2010

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

But then I have to add 1 for BST until october 30.

gently caress time zones.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Daimo posted:

I will consider that a request for next week! :cheers:

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

A Pinball Wizard posted:

Wait, so no Brain Damage and Eclipse? No Prologue and Twilight? No Foreplay and Long Time?
"Foreplay/Long Time" has never been split for any official release I'm aware of, so it's always been considered one song.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

Daimo posted:

But then I have to add 1 for BST until october 30.

gently caress time zones.

This has been a perennial headache of the station, especially for DJs. Still, you get used to it.

DrKrankenwagen
Mar 21, 2005

Awesome guys, this looks good. Keep up that hard work. Uploading some songs that you don't seem to have.

Chexmix
Dec 10, 2006

Looks like you'll have to go handle this yourself.
I've been really enjoying both GBS-FM and Ghetto Radio the past week. If I get frustrated with GBS-FM, I'll hop over to Ghetto and see if there are any shows playing - I've heard a lot of great stuff from the DJs over there!

One of them let his uncle do a guest spot with a super-chill bossa nova playlist, and there's been some nice jazz and ambient shows as well. The current show's getting good, too.

Both stations are pretty great. Good work, goons!

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005

Chexmix posted:

I've been really enjoying both GBS-FM and Ghetto Radio the past week. If I get frustrated with GBS-FM, I'll hop over to Ghetto and see if there are any shows playing - I've heard a lot of great stuff from the DJs over there!

One of them let his uncle do a guest spot with a super-chill bossa nova playlist, and there's been some nice jazz and ambient shows as well. The current show's getting good, too.

Both stations are pretty great. Good work, goons!

I assume the frustration is just what other goons might pick for music?

delfin
Dec 5, 2003

SNATTER'S ALIVE?!?!
If mile-long playlists turned you off recently, we appear to have successfully ended our brief flirtation with excessive popularity and returned to more typical listener numbers. Enjoy!

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.
Maybe we'll be able to queue up more than one song soon?

Be aware, if you support this, you also support me being able to queue up more than one song. :bravo2:

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Sorry for the double post, but is anybody else having trouble uploading at the moment? It seems to upload all the track, but then stalls for a while before telling me (1205, 'Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction') among lots of other stuff.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

Sorry for the double post, but is anybody else having trouble uploading at the moment? It seems to upload all the track, but then stalls for a while before telling me (1205, 'Lock wait timeout exceeded; try restarting transaction') among lots of other stuff.
I just uploaded an MP3 and it worked fine.

THE FUCKING MOON
Jan 19, 2008
Just tuned in for the first time and was greeted by Heaven is a Place on Earth, as sung by Hatsune Miku. :anime:

Jesus, there is a lot of variety here, definitely going to listen to this some more later.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Peachstapler posted:

I just uploaded an MP3 and it worked fine.
Still not working for me.

Tube
Jun 1, 2000

I'm going off the rails on a CRAZY TRAIN!

Fallen Rib

Daimo posted:

If you happen to be up fairly early in the morning, by GMT standards, my Thursday show is pretty much guaranteed to have some VNV Nation (especially if someone should happen to ask for it in #ghettoradio on IRC). That begins whenever ManiacClown is done with his show, which means it starts anywhere between 5 am and 6 am or so GMT (midnight or 1, CDT), and runs at least an hour (and possibly longer). Of course, once the time change hits November 7th, and we shift from CDT to CST, that's going to be 6 or 7 am for you.

I'm thinking about changing the time slot for that show, though, in favor of a slot with more listeners and better compatibility with my Fall class schedule. Check the show schedule or the forums on the GhettoRadio website if you want more info on that. For now, though, Thursday is where it's at.

King of Crowns
Jul 15, 2004
BOY, I SURE AM ONE HELL OF A FUCK-UP!

Gyre posted:

Unfortunately it's an all new server and system, so accounts and songs weren't ported over.

Well crap.

Time to start uploading like crazy again!

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005

King of Crowns posted:

Well crap.

Time to start uploading like crazy again!

Search first, yadda yadda. More importantly, remember to think of alternate ways an artist/album could be spelled!

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There's only been like 16 people listening today. Down from close to or over 100 at a time last week...

I knew it'd calm down but that's kind of a lot.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Leperflesh posted:

There's only been like 16 people listening today. Down from close to or over 100 at a time last week...

I knew it'd calm down but that's kind of a lot.
It says 63 at the moment
E: refreshed and it says 52

Test Pilot Monkey fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Aug 24, 2010

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Woah OK so I guess that number doesn't auto-update? It must have been at 16 last time I refreshed the playlist page (which was last night at some point).

50 is much better!

Beef
Jul 26, 2004
10 - I officially declare
20 - chiptunes and related
30 - crap as my gimmick.
40 - goto 10

edit: well ... maybe some Zappa too.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Ok, so not only can I not upload, when I logout and try to log back into the site I get the same error.

I've tried logging in from other browsers and another computer and I still can't. Does anyone else get problems if the logout and try to log back in?

GIMpy12
Jun 10, 2004

That Heroin cover was awful.

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
Coming up in 7 minutes!

Playing synthpop, futurepop, industrial!

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Whatever problem I was having seems to have been resolved now. If someone did something, thanks!

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Beef posted:

10 - I officially declare
20 - chiptunes and related
30 - crap as my gimmick.
40 - goto 10

edit: well ... maybe some Zappa too.

As long as you keep the Picq torch burning :france:

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Disciple of Pain posted:

Coming up in 7 minutes!

Perfect :allears:

e: Oh my god I am in bed and LOSING. MY. poo poo.

u fink u hard Percy fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Aug 24, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cheapandugly
Jul 6, 2007

Disciple of Pain posted:

Coming up in 7 minutes!

Good show so far.

• Locked thread