Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
Any requests?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:
More of that Spanish language stuff - I don't know if it was actually Spaish cuz I was focused on wrk, but you know, the foreignly stuff from about 10 mins ago.

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
Uhmmm...

Oh, that was Rammstein! I can make that happen. Let me shuffle some things around.

EDIT: Coming up at :48 after the hour... Hope you're still tuned in!

Disciple of Pain fucked around with this message at 04:48 on Aug 24, 2010

Tube
Jun 1, 2000

I'm going off the rails on a CRAZY TRAIN!

Fallen Rib
I know you people like 70s and 80s punk and post-punk, and if you don't, it's only because you haven't listened to enough of it. Come listen to my show! It's going to be a good time.

http://ghettoradio.us:8209/listen.pls

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
uploading some tracks

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
goon radio needs more hip hop and literature cover bands

rocket_Magnet
Apr 5, 2005

:unsmith:
currently uploading a track from the "unsigned NY rapper frankie nice" mod challenge, mezzir's another day in gibbus (invision remix). It may not everybodys cup of tea, but a rap created from scratch about GBS needs to be on gbs.fm.

Personally I like it, makes me smile and it's awesome to see what some muscially minded goons can do for something as random as a mod challenge

edit: I cocked up the trackname, the title of the song is still there but it says (unknown) (unknown) in front of the actual info. Can anyone fix this?

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math

rocket_Magnet posted:

edit: I cocked up the trackname, the title of the song is still there but it says (unknown) (unknown) in front of the actual info. Can anyone fix this?

You can, by clicking the Edit button (one of the buttons in the top left corner of the song's page; IIRC it looks like a notepad).

Incredulous Dylan
Oct 22, 2004

Fun Shoe
Tonight I am standing in for Smohq, and I'll be playing an hour of laid back slow blues followed by an hour of relaxing music - a mix of psychedelia, jazz, classical, and electronic. Tune in at 11 pm eastern.

Link is http://ghettoradio.us:8209/listen.pls as always

pill for your ills
Mar 23, 2006

ghost rock.

GBS.FM posted:

The Trashmen - "Surfin' Bird"
Rammstein - "Engel"
King Crimson - "I Talk to the Wind"
Traveling Wilburys - "Runaway"
The Rolling Stones - "Start Me Up"
Nine Inch Nails - "Starfuckers, Inc."

22 minutes of gently caress Yes. And I won't even be awake for it! Fuckery, I say!

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

pill for your ills posted:

22 minutes of gently caress Yes. And I won't even be awake for it! Fuckery, I say!

That's the terrible thing about these long playlists, so much gets played at 2 AM.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

Nihiliste posted:

That's the terrible thing about these long playlists, so much gets played at 2 AM.

Well it's only about 3 hours long at the moment, so get adding!

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

Well it's only about 3 hours long at the moment, so get adding!
Don't say that unless you want 40 minute ambient tracks added.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

ultra-inquisitor posted:

But who wouldn't want 40-minute ambient tracks? People with poor musical taste, that's who.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

ultra-inquisitor posted:

But if enough people queue stuff up, then they won't be

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Linkin Park got skipped? Hopefully it was just a glitch and not deliberate. Not that I was wanting to listen to it but I thought the point of gbs.fm was to play any music people wanted.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Linkin Park got skipped? Hopefully it was just a glitch and not deliberate. Not that I was wanting to listen to it but I thought the point of gbs.fm was to play any music people wanted.
Anything the mods want to skip, they can skip. This has always been the way it goes.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Peachstapler posted:

Anything the mods want to skip, they can skip. This has always been the way it goes.
I suppose it's their site so they can do what they want, but I hope they don't do it too often or the site loses some of its charm.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?
Linkin Park may not be any good, but compared to some of the stuff here, it's nothing. The only reason people hate is because they actually became popular. If you didn't know who they were, you would find them spectacularly average and nowhere near skip worthy.

Let's save the skips for the speaker breaking songs and Faithfully. ;)

9-Volt Assault
Jan 27, 2007

Beter twee tetten in de hand dan tien op de vlucht.
heh, that linkin park song has a 1.1 average with 21 votes.

Farquar
Apr 30, 2003

Bjorn you glad I didn't say banana?

Charlie Mopps posted:

heh, that linkin park song has a 1.1 average with 21 votes.

It got my 2 instead of a 1 for not having cookie monster vocals. :colbert:

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Farquar posted:

Linkin Park may not be any good, but compared to some of the stuff here, it's nothing. The only reason people hate is because they actually became popular. If you didn't know who they were, you would find them spectacularly average and nowhere near skip worthy.

Let's save the skips for the speaker breaking songs and Faithfully. ;)

Yeah, I uploaded PritStik yesterday and that's definitely worse, but somehow it got rated 2.11111. I understand it has comic value, that's why I uploaded it, but the rating means nothing, so you can't base quality on just that.

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Farquar posted:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Farquar posted:

Whiny generic pop punk emo voice is a million times worse than gravelly angry voice.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

I suppose it's their site so they can do what they want, but I hope they don't do it too often or the site loses some of its charm.

Seems to follow the rule from the old GBSFM. That is, that mods can skip, but they generally don't unless it's spoken word or corrupt, or has a huge stretch of silence or something. If someone's abusing their mod powers, then bring it up in IRC. Sometimes humor value comes into play as well.

Mods tend to be pretty lawful neutral (D&D JOKE!), so I wouldn't worry too much about abuses of power.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Ah, I'm not getting angry or anything, I just want to listen to lovely music every now and then.

In other news: "Playing Super Mario World While Taking Mushrooms" is the most awesome thing I've heard to date.

BabyRyoga
May 21, 2001

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021

Ah, I'm not getting angry or anything, I just want to listen to lovely music every now and then.

In other news: "Playing Super Mario World While Taking Mushrooms" is the most awesome thing I've heard to date.

The coolest thing about that track is that it isn't sequenced at all. It is actually played live with the sound fonts from Super Mario World, Zelda 3, F-Zero, Mega Man X, and a few others programmed into a keyboard, from what I understand. It took first place in a monthly remix contest that requires the contestants to play their main instruments on the fly. It is pretty ridiculous to be improvising like that for so long through so many different themes.

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

bah!

i don't like linkin park, but i agree with you. i've always said, skipping anything for any reason is dumb. sadly, not everyone thinks the way i do :<

Jibo
May 22, 2007

Bear Witness
College Slice

Shotgun Jones posted:

bah!

i don't like linkin park, but i agree with you. i've always said, skipping anything for any reason is dumb. sadly, not everyone thinks the way i do :<

Honestly, I had to sit through Toby Keith or Tim McGraw or whatever so other goons should have to sit through Linkin Park.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Relax guys, skipping is rare and the mod in question has been asked to restrain himself.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Welcome to our two new mods: Doctor Zero and Dominus Vobiscum !

dirby
Sep 21, 2004

Helping goons with math
Hooray! Those two always seemed like stand up people.

Also, GBS.FM has twice as many mods as GBS and like 1/20th or less of the users to wrangle, do you guys have enough to do?

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
http://ghettoradio.us:8209/listen.pls

Playing for the next hour: Dubstep of the filthiest variety.

Rooney McNibnug
Sep 2, 2008

"Life always hopes. When a definite object cannot be outlined, the indomitable spirit of hope still impels the living mass to move toward something--something that shall somehow be better."
Since I've heard it a few times already and it's queued up to play after a few dongs, I have to ask... What's the story behind 'Zabbah'?

Clarence Boddicker
Jul 28, 2008

Rooney McNibnug posted:

Since I've heard it a few times already and it's queued up to play after a few dongs, I have to ask... What's the story behind 'Zabbah'?
It's a post-rave song, if I recall. Jobe is another mysterious artist we know little, if anything, about.

Talas
Aug 27, 2005

helopticor posted:

Also, GBS.FM has twice as many mods as GBS and like 1/20th or less of the users to wrangle, do you guys have enough to do?
Come on, extremely long hijacks are hard work.

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Rooney McNibnug posted:

That's for Jobe to know and the rest of us to find out! ;)

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

Rooney McNibnug posted:

Hey, Barten! A pregnant lady falls into a coma, and when she wakes up, she's not pregnant anymore. The doctor comes in. "Don't worry!" he says. "The birth was a success, you have one boy and one girl. Your brother named them whilst you were asleep. The girl is called Denise." "That's a wonderful name!" She says. "And what's the boy called?" "Denephew."

pill for your ills
Mar 23, 2006

ghost rock.
Woo! 79th most popular uploader! Take that, PreciousRoy. Sucker!

e: VVV ELTONNNNN!!!

pill for your ills fucked around with this message at 05:49 on Aug 26, 2010

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Pinball Wizard
Mar 23, 2005

I know every trick, no freak's gonna beat my hands

College Slice

pill for your ills posted:

Woo! 79th most popular uploader! Take that, PreciousRoy. Sucker!

39th :smug:

• Locked thread