Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gasoline
Jul 31, 2008

ledge posted:

Foobar2000 because of it's nice simple interface...

I'm probably crazy but I really like this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BossTweed
Apr 9, 2001

Doctor Rope

Haha, that's awesome. Starfox is the best.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I used to be big into iTunes but once I started to get into FLAC's and the likes, it was time iTunes took the boot. I tried foobar, but I messed up one of the configurations, and no matter how many times I deleted foobar, it refused to reset to the original settings whenever I tried to reinstall it. So now i'm using WinAmp.

I wish it did some other features, like didn't reset your playlist location each time you add a song, but overall it's a easy way to play FLAC's and the likes.

ManiacClown
May 30, 2002

Gone, gone, O honky man,
And rise the M.C. Etrigan!

Right, well, the playlist is broken and a lot of DJs are apparently not around, so I'll be hijacking until at least 1:00 Central like normal. I'll put something on in a few minutes just to get something on the station. Then at 11:00 I'll play the second half of The Conet Project.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Doctor Zero posted:

That's humor, right?

In some circles.

ledge
Jun 10, 2003

Gasoline posted:

I'm probably crazy but I really like this.

http://br3tt.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2ovre0

Have fun obsessing over tagging and album art if you don't already.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.

ledge posted:

http://br3tt.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d2ovre0

Have fun obsessing over tagging and album art if you don't already.

Looking at the screenshot for that download, I've never understood how a Westerner can become so obsessed with Japan that they understand the language well enough to use their computer that way. (Hi kalleboo!)

Radio Nowhere
Jan 8, 2010
Recently I've gone from winamp to VLC with a winamp theme. On my 6 year old laptop VLC just starts and runs much faster then ole winamp. I'm still a moron though that uses iTunes with their iPod.

lags
Jan 3, 2004

Radio Nowhere posted:

Recently I've gone from winamp to VLC with a winamp theme. On my 6 year old laptop VLC just starts and runs much faster then ole winamp. I'm still a moron though that uses iTunes with their iPod.

I do what you do. Also Incredulous Dylan has the best shows.

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Do you guys have a link to that skin by chance?

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
Is stream down?

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

Methodis posted:

Is stream down?

Yes stream down!

Horky
Oct 27, 2004

Gotta say, I'm not really fond of songs randomly disappearing from they playlist. It's not really in the same spirit as gbsfm1. Personally I want to hear the awful crap that users have picked, not a groomed list by some mystery mod.

Also I guess it's safe to assume that if you uploaded a song and it disappeared, it was somehow determined to be a duplicate? :ohdear:

Cjones
Jul 4, 2008

Democracia Socrates, MD
ETA for stream getting back up?

Hati
Oct 1, 2004

As for the good news... There is no fucking good news!
So let's rock!
Stream should be up again.

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

Horky posted:

Gotta say, I'm not really fond of songs randomly disappearing from they playlist. It's not really in the same spirit as gbsfm1. Personally I want to hear the awful crap that users have picked, not a groomed list by some mystery mod.
Which dongs have been disappearing? Do you mean they actually disappear, or are skipped? There is a possibility that they are removed by mistake, as the skip/remove button is only a few pixels away from the favourite button, and sometimes when a dong is legitimately skipped (corrupt/dead air etc) two mods will do it at once resulting in two dongs being skipped (this is a problem with GBSFM, not the mods).

quote:

Also I guess it's safe to assume that if you uploaded a song and it disappeared, it was somehow determined to be a duplicate? :ohdear:
Short of something going wrong, that would be the reason.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Horky
Oct 27, 2004

ultra-inquisitor posted:

Which dongs have been disappearing? Do you mean they actually disappear, or are skipped? There is a possibility that they are removed by mistake, as the skip/remove button is only a few pixels away from the favourite button, and sometimes when a dong is legitimately skipped (corrupt/dead air etc) two mods will do it at once resulting in two dongs being skipped (this is a problem with GBSFM, not the mods).

http://gbs.fm/song/18998 It was just about to play at about 9pm last night when it disappeared from the playlist. I assumed it was skipped since it had been mentioned in this thread.

I queued it up again after that.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005

Horky posted:

http://gbs.fm/song/18998 It was just about to play at about 9pm last night when it disappeared from the playlist. I assumed it was skipped since it had been mentioned in this thread.

I queued it up again after that.

Quite possibly. I wouldn't have skipped it, personally.

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

There used to be a rule banning Christmas music outside of Christmas time. If it was skipped then someone may have thought that was still in effect (it isn't).

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

There is no law against cat created content

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

Cuddly Coach posted:

There is no law against cat created content
Are you claiming that cats can play the accordion?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

ultra-inquisitor posted:

Are you claiming that cats can play the accordion?

Are you claiming they can't?

PS: My Friday show will be on in 6 hours or so at 7PM Central on Ghetto Radio. You have been warned.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

ultra-inquisitor posted:

There used to be a rule banning Christmas music outside of Christmas time. If it was skipped then someone may have thought that was still in effect (it isn't).

So then this should probably be unbanned

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

ultra-inquisitor posted:

That being said, please don't abuse this, or we might have to reconsider.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

So then this should probably be unbanned

You're right. It's now unbanned.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

For the record we have nothing against cat-created music. Joanna Newsom gets played quite regularly. :iceburn:

I actually am starting to like joanna newsom, drat you gbsfm

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
How much money would it cost to get Washing Machine by SY unbanned? :smith:

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib

Methodis posted:

How much money would it cost to get Washing Machine by SY unbanned? :smith:

It's not banned?

Methodis
Mar 22, 2010

by Ozmaugh
I meant The Diamond Sea, the 19 minute exodus on Washing Machine! My bad.

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Fallen Rib
Come in IRC some time when the playlist is shorter and one of us will most likely unban it for you.

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
If you like British Radio Comedy (Adam and Joe) and Prog Rock then why not listen to my show that is just starting now on Ghetto Radio.

http://ghettoradio.us:8209/listen.pls

You could do worse!

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

What's this "Number of tokens"thing that's popped up on user pages?

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

What's this "Number of tokens"thing that's popped up on user pages?

Tokens allow you to add extra dongs to the playlist on top of the one allowed, and I just added them. (They're from the old station.) Be nice and do reports and things and mods will give them to you; beg for them and we'll devise horrible punishments for you.

Kilonum
Sep 30, 2002

You know where you are? You're in the suburbs, baby. You're gonna drive.

Jonnty posted:

Tokens allow you to add extra dongs to the playlist on top of the one allowed, and I just added them. (They're from the old station.) Be nice and do reports and things and mods will give them to you; beg for them and we'll devise horrible punishments for you.

bring back kawaii virus please

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

What are these 'punishments'?

I won't get punished for playing Wing, will I?

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Kilonum posted:

bring back kawaii virus please

REVERSAL OF FORTUNE!

Dr.Smasher
Nov 27, 2002

Cyberpunk 1987

What are these 'punishments'?

I won't get punished for playing Wing, will I?

I can just see it being something horrible like 'you can only add music by DJ Salinger for a week'

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
Time for England's Hidden Reverse on GhettoRadio. Mostly industrial, this show:

http://ghettoradio.us:8209/listen.pls
http://woodch.info:8199/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

Dr.Smasher posted:

I can just see it being something horrible like 'you can only add music by DJ Salinger for a week'
Why would we want to punish the entire station? Nah, you'll most likely turn into a catgirl.

• Locked thread