Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Not a pic, but another cat who doesn't like baths.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/viagifcat5.gif

Sorry about the lovely hosting, but it's the only place I know that reliably accepts 3MB gifs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lozareth
Jun 11, 2006

Rabbit Hill posted:

This cat is amazing. Here he is getting a bath, the poor thing -- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCcRCk-g16M

Aw, the meows spoil the illusion for me. I always imagined him going "frump grumpgrump" in a deep, throaty voice. I still want one though. :3:

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
Ed and Fry had some fun times with whipped cream.

plaidboat
Aug 10, 2006

Mofu Mofu

buki. buki what are you doing

you don't even fit

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

A cat will assume the shape of its container.

Perry Normal
Jul 23, 2010

Humans disgust me. Vile creatures.
Paul at different ages-

First night we got him

A few months later, loving the fish toy so much that he had to kill it

This is a few months ago. I assume he's dreaming about being in the Triller video.

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.

cadex posted:

cat needs to get a loving job.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Oderlan
Mar 30, 2004

An ikea in the UK decides to release 100 cats in their store for the night. The best part is that they filmed it. The action starts about 2:09. I hope they put out more from the shoot

the unabonger
Jun 21, 2009

Oderlan posted:

An ikea in the UK decides to release 100 cats in their store for the night. The best part is that they filmed it. The action starts about 2:09. I hope they put out more from the shoot

This is amazing

bort
Mar 13, 2003

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Oderlan posted:

I think this might be one of the coolest things I've ever seen.

SpliffClavin
Jul 31, 2007

oh geez rick

bort posted:

Wanna pet those cats.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Gorilla Salad posted:

Not a pic, but another cat who doesn't like baths.

http://filesmelt.com/dl/viagifcat5.gif
That's odd, I thought cats universally loved sleeping in bathtubs (when there is no water there, I mean). Growing up, every time anyone filled the bathtub with water the cats would look at us like "why the gently caress did you put water in a perfectly good place to sleep??"

edit: or is there water in that GIF, and I just can't tell?

tacoman165
Feb 9, 2005

Samurai Sanders posted:

That's odd, I thought cats universally loved sleeping in bathtubs (when there is no water there, I mean). Growing up, every time anyone filled the bathtub with water the cats would look at us like "why the gently caress did you put water in a perfectly good place to sleep??"

There's a small amount of water in the bottom of the tub and the cat freaks out when he touches it.

veedubfreak
Apr 2, 2005

by Smythe

Samurai Sanders posted:

Both of my retards sit on the edge of the tub between the shower curtains every morning while i take a shower. They don't seem to have any issues getting their paws and butts wet to drink the fresh shower water after i get done. I still don't understand where the level of wetness threshold is.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
:3:

Only registered members can see post attachments!

milquetoast child
Jun 27, 2003

literally
Esteban wants to help me write an email. Or wants me to go to sleep, not sure which.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
dunkman, your cat is ridiculous. Every time I see picture of him, I think that, and then I have the urge to rub my face on the computer screen as if I could magically rub it on his fuzzy belly.

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.
my friends cat, willi:

new guy on the block, humphrey bogart

LOO
Mar 5, 2004

Apple Jax
May 19, 2008

IDIC 4 LYF
Quoting myself from the cute pictures thread:

Apple Jax posted:

Our youngest cat Emilio. He might look sweet, but his favorite hobby is taking anything that can fit in a toilet and putting it in a toilet. And that includes, hair bands, granola bars, you name it.

Poknok
Mar 14, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

I think I picked this up in FYAD a long time ago, probably someone's sig.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poknok posted:

I think I picked this up in FYAD a long time ago, probably someone's sig.
I can hear the purring :3:

Poknok
Mar 14, 2007

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Tendai posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdWhpwAg0Tg

While we're at purring, notice the awesome "OM NOM NOM" sound in this video at 2:12 :3:

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

Tendai posted:

And the suckling.

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Poknok posted:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RdWhpwAg0Tg

While we're at purring, notice the awesome "OM NOM NOM" sound in this video at 2:12 :3:
I would be okay with dying to a stampede like that :3: Then I would pet those fat little kittybellies

(Man the :3: is the perfect thing for this thread)

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Guns n' Roses n' Deus Ex Machina
Bleak Gremlin

My new kitty, Aphrobite. Luckily, she did decide to stop playing in the litter and start using it for its intended purpose.

inky101
Nov 1, 2007

Perry Normal posted:

RolandTower posted:

Does this type of kitty have a specific type?

I got a cat from the RSPCA that looks somewhat similar (though black). I know that she's no where near being a pure-bred (I'm not that stupid). But I'm just wondering what type of cat has these spots and that forehead M. They seem to be more prevalent in the US then they do here in Australia so I thought I'd ask where experts roam.

And now pictures of said Abby-cat.

Abby in her favourite spot, my laptop. :saddowns:

My favourite thing about Abby, the "bleached" spot (disclaimer; it just looks like her black was bleached out, no actual bleach involved) and her black whiskers and nose. Her M isn't very visible, it's those ginger lines in the bleach mark.

I also love that she seems to have a "seam" line running down her belly but it's impossible to photograph because exposed belly leads to attack-mode.

... Kitties! :3:

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

inky101 posted:

I got a cat from the RSPCA that looks somewhat similar (though black). I know that she's no where near being a pure-bred (I'm not that stupid). But I'm just wondering what type of cat has these spots and that forehead M. They seem to be more prevalent in the US then they do here in Australia so I thought I'd ask where experts roam.

A forehead 'M' is quite common on tabby cats, but how defined it is varies a lot. Tabbies can have a lot of different patterns, including spots, stripes and whorls. Your cat has a mostly tortoiseshell coat but I guess she has some tabby ancestry too, giving her the M.

Oh, and I forgot to say: SHE IS A PRETTY GIRL.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Bleak Gremlin

inky101 posted:

Tabby or tiger stripe are the descriptions I've always heard for that coat pattern. When it's a tortoiseshell cat with tabby stripes, I've heard it called "torbie."

Flyball
Apr 17, 2003

RolandTower posted:

My new kitty, Aphrobite.
Excellent name.

The Pillowman
Jun 14, 2008

Dove from Above posted:

A forehead 'M' is quite common on tabby cats, but how defined it is varies a lot. Tabbies can have a lot of different patterns, including spots, stripes and whorls. Your cat has a mostly tortoiseshell coat but I guess she has some tabby ancestry too, giving her the M.

Oh, and I forgot to say: SHE IS A PRETTY GIRL.

What if the cat is tabby orange but with the white belly. And now imagine the white belly has gone insane and has tried to eat the cat. What colour is it now?

Lamb of Gun
Apr 2, 2009

On the goodship lolli-gag, LSD and a bloody pile of rags, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, BUT I AM
Here's my cat Ed! It's a female cat by the way, does anyone get the reference?

Calico cats: Genetic mutations have never been so cute!

I could easily pass this off as a picture of a dead animal sitting on my couch

Dove from Above
Apr 16, 2007

Snowy! Have you thought about psittacosis?

The Pillowman posted:

What if the cat is tabby orange but with the white belly. And now imagine the white belly has gone insane and has tried to eat the cat. What colour is it now?

creamsicle

Lamb of Gun posted:

Edward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV?

Thepossiblelight
Jul 2, 2007
shut up.

Lamb of Gun posted:

Calico cats: Genetic mutations have never been so cute!

Satellite from days of old, lead me to your access code!

Kammat
Feb 9, 2008
Odd Person

Lamb of Gun posted:

She tap dances?

Lovely kitty.

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)
My Ed(ward Wong Hau Pepelu Tivrusky IV) approves.

RolandTower
Nov 19, 2003

Bleak Gremlin

The Pillowman posted:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cat_coat_genetics

apparently that means it has

At least one dominant Agouti gene, giving the tabby pattern

One x-linked dominant Orange gene if its male, two if its female

Probably two dominant copies of the White Spotting or Piebald gene.

Thanks, wikipedia. Thickipedia.

The Pillowman
Jun 14, 2008
Best picture I have onhand that shows how his belly white tries to take over. It does that at the neck as well, so that it's only on his back that he's fully orange. And his legs are mostly white stripes up and down the legs, with orange there. It's interesting, everyday, I notice something different about his coloration. Now if he'd only stop playing in the chimney and getting covered in soot...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eggplant Wizard
Jul 8, 2005

i loev catte

The Pillowman posted:

Best picture I have onhand that shows how his belly white tries to take over. It does that at the neck as well, so that it's only on his back that he's fully orange. And his legs are mostly white stripes up and down the legs, with orange there. It's interesting, everyday, I notice something different about his coloration. Now if he'd only stop playing in the chimney and getting covered in soot...

He is similar to my Toby :3: I call him a marmalade tabby with a white belly and sockies :3:

Here he is with his buddy Rupert. Toby was curled up on my bed napping, and Rupert came to join him. When I came in, I saw that Toby had uncurled and stretched out to say hello :3: