Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

holy poo poo from the thumbnails I thought somebody had actually sprinkled snow or something onto a lego house.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Oh god I thought someone had made a burned out version of Carl Fredricksen's house from the thumbs. :gonk:

ChesterJT
Dec 28, 2003

Mounty Pumper's Flying Circus
One of the most impressive I've ever seen.

ElwoodCuse
Jan 11, 2004

we're puttin' the band back together

djfooboo posted:

Just combined with free shipping over 100 bucks and saved 50 dollars on stuff before the 10-30% off even went into effect. Thanks!

How'd you manage that? I had over $100 in a cart and after I put in the code it took off the percent but then added $12 for shipping even though it was still over $100.

Also, is there any chance of getting an MSRP Winter Toy Shop anyplace besides Lego's online store? Every other place is either out of stock or a gouge.

Tanith
Jul 17, 2005

Alpha, Beta, Gamma cores
Use them, lose them, salvage more
Kick off the next AI war
In the Persean Sector

Detroit in Lego?

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Tanith posted:

Detroit in Lego?
Not enough fire.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

:iiam:

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Code worked for me. Got the Cargo Train for $136.07 after tax. Also got a retro minifig, apparently.

InfinEight
Apr 25, 2007

What planet is this again?-- OH SHIT
I decided to put my Lunar Limo together, and right away Brick Daddy became my favorite mini-fig. The set itself is pretty great, though I can't help but think it would have been even more amazing if it used chrome gold. Either way I'm really pleased and glad I bought it, and I hope Lego finds a use for Brick Daddy's head in other sets (I still think the gold one looks like a headcrab).

fursmbrero
Dec 27, 2002

ireladd posted:

Yay Christmas!

For those of you that were hoping this would come back, the Winter Toy Shop is back in stock (for a short time I assume).

http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=10199&LangId=2057&ShipTo=US

This was a set put out by Lego last year around this time, and this year Lego just put out the Winter Bakery, so if you like to keep the theme, this is a good opportunity to grab the Toy Shop and stick it to all the eBay'ers selling them off for twice the price.

For reference, the bakery:
http://shop.lego.com/product/?p=10216&LangId=2057&ShipTo=US

I resisted the urge to buy the Toy Shop last year, and by the time I got non-buyer's remorse it was too late. Thanks for posting that, I have a Toy Shop and a Bakery on the way.

einTier
Sep 25, 2003

Charming, friendly, and possessed by demons.
Approach with caution.

Nagna Zul posted:

Of course, I'm missing one part, so I can't finish assembling it :smith: I guess that hasn't changed...
Call LEGO and tell them you're missing pieces. They'll send them to you for free.

Wish I had known about that as a kid, it seems they've always done it.

children overboard
Apr 3, 2009

NO! I kept looking at this and saying "NO!" because I know I will never make anything this good in my life, not even if I have children who win the nobel prize.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

fursmbrero posted:

I resisted the urge to buy the Toy Shop last year, and by the time I got non-buyer's remorse it was too late. Thanks for posting that, I have a Toy Shop and a Bakery on the way.

I plan on using them as non-denominational end of December holiday decorations.

Spikeness
Dec 4, 2009
I am sexually aroused by the thought of a 12 year old video game character in a bikini, just fy
Picked up some of the Series 2 Minifigs.

Got the disco guy, popstar, ringmaster, witch and the vampire.

Why does the popstar have 2 mics? :iiam:

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Mexican comes with three Maracas :iiam:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Burnt house is loving amazing

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

As far as I know the fact you get extras is because QA weighing machines aren't perfectly accurate at such small tolerances so just throwing in extras is easier. Plus who minds getting extra poo poo?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

djfooboo posted:

As far as I know the fact you get extras is because QA weighing machines aren't perfectly accurate at such small tolerances so just throwing in extras is easier. Plus who minds getting extra poo poo?

Not me. The singer is currently holding a maraca in one hand and a mic in the other, while Dracula holds here spare mic.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

Burnt house is the most amazing MOC I've ever seen, ever.

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Captain Invictus posted:

Not me. The singer is currently holding a maraca in one hand and a mic in the other, while Dracula holds here spare mic.

My Dracula has a spare inverted maraca, standing in as a vial of blood.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
You gotta be a pretty pathetic Dracula to drink blood from a bottle.

Only the freshest virgin maiden neck pegs for my Draculas.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

For those of us into the modular buildings like the Green Grocer and the Fire Brigade, Toys R Us just got The Grand Emporium back in. You can't find it doing a search, so here is a direct link:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4057248&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-VNthuSc2Ows4hMpG9Gl1CA

It doesn't have the 10% off like most of the other LEGO sets, but you CAN use the code I mentioned earlier (940710) for 20% off. Hope it helps someone. :)

EDIT: Also, MY Dracula is using the Spartan's shield as the base of a stand, with the spear shooting up from it and one of the mime heads resting on the point, just like Vlad the Impaler would want.

ireladd fucked around with this message at 17:04 on Oct 6, 2010

Ninja Bob
Nov 20, 2002

Bleak Gremlin

ireladd posted:

For those of us into the modular buildings like the Green Grocer and the Fire Brigade, Toys R Us just got The Grand Emporium back in. You can't find it doing a search, so here is a direct link:

http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=4057248&siteID=FKSJxY2VJAk-VNthuSc2Ows4hMpG9Gl1CA

It doesn't have the 10% off like most of the other LEGO sets, but you CAN use the code I mentioned earlier (940710) for 20% off. Hope it helps someone. :)

It helped me, thanks. I really should stop spending money on LEGO, but that's a sweet deal. Picked up that and the City advent calendar for $157 shipped. I'm almost done building my Green Grocer, really love the modular buildings.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
That saloon overshadows everything.

Shuppiluliumas
Nov 9, 2006

Carbohydrates posted:

That saloon overshadows everything.

It's just letting you know you need to do the rest of the town to scale with it is all.

Guzwar
Feb 21, 2006
Everything's coming up Milhouse!

Why does that town not have a brothel?

Also, the key question: is the sheriff black?

shodanjr_gr
Nov 20, 2007

ireladd posted:

I am not even that much into LEGO but for some reason I find that set to be particularly beautiful...I wish I had the disposable income for it...

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Guzwar posted:

Why does that town not have a brothel?

Also, the key question: is the sheriff black?
1. You don't know what goes on in that hotel. How do you think they got enough money for such a huge building?

2. I don't subscribe to the idea of flesh tones. All LEGO people are happy yellow. :colbert:

Mozzie
Oct 26, 2007

Carbohydrates posted:

1. You don't know what goes on in that hotel. How do you think they got enough money for such a huge building?

2. I don't subscribe to the idea of flesh tones. All LEGO people are happy yellow. :colbert:

Encase you didn't get the reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upvZdVK913I

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Savvy?

Mozzie posted:

Encase you didn't get the reference

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upvZdVK913I
I get the reference, no worries. I'm working on building the identical facsimile town so bandits don't destroy this one.

BrainWeasel
May 8, 2007

I'll reattach your arm when I hit fucking Level 2!
I need something to store my cloth pieces and stickers flat while standing up. Anyone have a recommendation?

Hantu
Jan 28, 2009

Not replying to anyone in particular, but I noticed a lot of LEGO mechs in this thread. This guy at: http://www.brickcommander.com/ makes Battletech themed LEGOs. Might be worth a look for inspiration. Just ignore the early 2000-ish web page design.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

BrainWeasel posted:

I need something to store my cloth pieces and stickers flat while standing up. Anyone have a recommendation?

Page protectors with a piece of cardboard backing for sails and large fabric. 3x3 card protectors for small fabric.

fursmbrero
Dec 27, 2002

Edit: What ^^^ he said

BrainWeasel posted:

Sports card binder?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Look at those hands oh god why didnt I think of that.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe
Well obviously you weren't browsing one of the five or six legomecha sites on the entire net back in 2001. (I'm not denigrating or anything, leghands are hella old and kinda passe nowadays. I borrowed the technique for the two I built that year, and the site in question had already been up a couple years.)

okkie
Oct 3, 2005

play nothing

They were used as hands by Polish animators in the mid-eighties!

And incase you people don't know these, you really need to check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/user/LEGOsports

I played those on Betamax until the tape wore out.

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Toys R Us customer service girl from Wisconsin, you are AWESOME.

Ted Stevens
Jun 2, 2007

by T. Finn
Holy hell, how'd you manage that?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ireladd
Apr 17, 2007

Ted Stevens posted:

Holy hell, how'd you manage that?

Remember the Buy 2, get 1 free deal TRU did 2 weeks ago? They were out of what I wanted (Green Grocer, Fire Brigade, Grand Emporium), so I called them to ask if they'd be coming back in stock soon and they generously offered to honor the deal once my choices came back in stock, even if the dates ran past the deal. Sweet.

Green Grocer comes back in stock online, so I call them up to order and ask about the other two sets. The girl is extremely apologetic that the Fire Brigade and Grand Emporium are not yet in stock and asks if there is anything else I might want. I ordered a second Green Grocer for my friend and for the third item pre-ordered the Harry Potter Hogwarts Castle. For my trouble (that was trouble?), the supervisor discounts my entire order to 50% off.

A week later the Green Grocers arrive and the Hogwarts Castle has been shifted to back order. I was hoping to give that to my niece for her birthday so I was actually a little bummed about that. Called TRU customer service again. ANOTHER super helpful girl is extremely apologetic that my pre-order was shifted and wouldn't make the date of the birthday, so she offered to cancel that order and give me my pick of any set they had in stock to replace it at 50% off the already 10% discounted price from the sale going this week, along with free two-day shipping. So I chose the normally $250 Grand Carousel and got the whole thing for $123.46.

It arrives tomorrow. :woop:

Seriously, Toys R Us customer service rocks and did sooooo much more than they had to. They didn't have to do anything! I love you, Toys R Us.