Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

drat, that looks familiar. Is that from that one "look around you" episode? "I'm rappin, I'm rappin, I'm rap rap rappin..."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.
Nope, it's a completely serious release, it's just a terrible record cover

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
Special goth rock/darkwave England's Hidden Reverse is on Ghetto right now, because every day in October should be Halloween.

smohq
Jan 27, 2005

BFG420
After a long period of downtime, Molz and I are back on the air again. Tune in to Mama Gets to Play right now, followed by The smohqhouse!

http://ghettoradio.us:8209/listen.pls

Buckets of Rain, baby!

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

We seem to have gone from a "Breathe" block to a "Dead" block.

Natural progression, I suppose.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
What kind of steps are being taken by Jonnty & Co. to bring Bob Pokosy back from the disabled list? Are the number of comments directly to blame and how do you forsee this being handled? Is there a gameplan? Do you knowsy how this will affect the morale of the station if Bob Pokosy cannot be added every three days?

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

Peachstapler posted:

What kind of steps are being taken by Jonnty & Co. to bring Bob Pokosy back from the disabled list? Are the number of comments directly to blame and how do you forsee this being handled? Is there a gameplan? Do you knowsy how this will affect the morale of the station if Bob Pokosy cannot be added every three days?

Do you truly think you can get away with this stuff?

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Peachstapler posted:

Well I did make this which combines both your favourite things. It's not the same, I know, but hopefully it'll be able to tide us over in these troubling times.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Peachstapler posted:

Yeah, it's the comments. I can't say what's being done to fix this problem (which will affect more and more dongs as time goes on), but you can be sure that I will personally unban it when the time is right if nobody else does.

We can get through these days of darkness if we band together.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

Well I did make this which combines both your favourite things. It's not the same, I know, but hopefully it'll be able to tide us over in these troubling times.
I've never added Bob Pokosy to the playlist. Although, I have voted it 5.

Sywert of Thieves
Nov 7, 2005

The pirate code is really more of a guideline, than actual rules.

I'm greatly enjoying this piano tribute to Iron Maiden's Two Minutes to Midnight. :rock:

ForestHobo
Sep 19, 2004
Roses are red, violets are blue, omgwtf, I love you.
Tune in now for Cat Yowl FM!

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

And the background's gone from Joanna WolfHat to Joanna KittyBotherer.

If you have any pics of Joanna Dwile Flonking, that would be awesome.

FIRE CURES BIGOTS
Aug 26, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
Can we ban this irritating Bob Pokosy poo poo? This is why I rarely tune in anymore.

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

Fire posted:

Can we ban this irritating Bob Pokosy poo poo? This is why I rarely tune in anymore.
We can't ban it. I agree with you though, some people really don't know when a joke has run its course, which is unfortunate (this is not directed at DJ Magnetic Dozer).

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy
Yeah, the constant, various iterations of Bob Pokosy is why I stopped listening. Glad I'm not the only one.

Jareth
Dec 6, 2006
Jareth

Fire posted:

To be fair, you just heard some effortless crap mashup Test Pilot Monkey created that warrants drowning in a vat of taco meat filling.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

ultra-inquisitor posted:

We can't ban it. I agree with you though, some people really don't know when a joke has run its course, which is unfortunate (this is not directed at DJ Magnetic Dozer).
I only did mine as a one off joke, though I can't stop other people from adding it. And you have to understand that the joke is newer to some people than others. You may have heard it a million times, but some people have only heard it thousands of times.

Edit: Oh hello Jareth, you really should calm down :)

Test Pilot Monkey fucked around with this message at 00:21 on Oct 13, 2010

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

KIIIRRRYYYUUUUU CHAAAANNNNNN
Waaaahhh! People are intentionally adding bad music/music I don't personally like! I'm gonna stop listening and then post in the thread about it!

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
Everyone just needs to calm down and think of 100 ways to love a cat.

GORDON
Jan 1, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

Lareine posted:

Waaaahhh! People are intentionally adding bad music/music I don't personally like! I'm gonna stop listening and then post in the thread about it!

There are too many internet radio stations out there that don't play a 15 second loop of crap for 10 minutes, several times a day. Really isn't a hard decision.

GBSFM is a grand experiment, and I really wanted to dig it, but a completely free format will always keep it full of crap from people who like crap or think playing crap for other people is funny.

It's not really funny. And there are alternatives. I tried the big stew of GBSFM, but too many of the floating pieces of meat are actually turds that were someone's idea of a funny thing to do. I enjoyed the different styles of music, but 15 second loops of crap are those turds in the stew.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

You should all be glad I didn't upload my URGHIOSLAUAVE style edit of Pokosy.

Jareth
Dec 6, 2006
Jareth

You should all be glad I didn't upload my URGHIOSLAUAVE style edit of Pokosy.
Just stop.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

Then go find another internet radio station that plays the loser music that you like.
I'm gonna add some Yoko Ono.

Donkey Darko
Aug 13, 2007

I do not lust for blood or death. I prepare for the warrior's call.
If you don't like Pokosy, go make a sandwich or have a poo poo. It's at most 11 minutes long. Honestly, I haven't heard much in the way of that poo poo recently, most people seem to be more interested in making song blocks based on topic or a word in the title.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Jareth posted:

Just stop.
Love your fellow humans, I'm sure that's what Jesus would say.

Jareth
Dec 6, 2006
Jareth

Love your fellow humans, I'm sure that's what Jesus would say.
I'm just going to ignore that provocation and elaborate on my previous post. You have taken the initiative of fitting in here at the station to the extreme and driven any micro-meme you can get a grip on into the ground until there is nothing left. I am sure we all enjoy your company here and want you to stick around, but the next time you get the notion to carelessly mash together slipshod monstrosities using tracks we already get hammered with day-after-day, I'd advise you to really question why you're doing it.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Jareth posted:

I'm just going to ignore that provocation and elaborate on my previous post.
Thankyou. It wasn't meant to be provoking, but if you try to spread what you believe, perhaps you shouldn't be so hostile to other people's music or musical tastes.

quote:

You have taken the initiative of fitting in here at the station to the extreme and driven any micro-meme you can get a grip on into the ground until there is nothing left. I am sure we all enjoy your company here and want you to stick around, but the next time you get the notion to carelessly mash together slipshod monstrosities using tracks we already get hammered with day-after-day, I'd advise you to really question why you're doing it.
I did it because it was funny, not as an effort to fit in. As I said, some of us haven't been around as long as others.

And I know I used tracks that get played a lot. That's why I used them. Though I realise, if you play Journey to fight Journey, you still have to listen to Journey.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

gently caress Journey.

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Gentlemen, please!
We can all love Journey in our own ways.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Peachstapler posted:

Gentlemen, please!
We can all love Journey in our own ways.

Separate ways?

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin

Doctor Zero posted:

Separate ways?
Someday soon, we will all faithfully accept Journey with open arms. I won't nickel and dime you Doc; the winds of march are upon us. And when you think it's just the rain, deep inside your soul something lights up for more Journey. It's then you realize you can't tame the lion, and you find yourself crossing the rubicon while humming Don't Stop Believin'.

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh
you know, i took my stuff pretty seriously. i actually wanted people to like it.

BUT NOOOOOO, IT'S TOO MUCH FOR YOU WHINY FAGGOTS SO YOU HAD TO CENSOR IT AND BAN ME.

you know what? fine, i'm dumb. yeah, i'm dumb enough not to know the difference between count scratchula and bob pokosy. i'm dumb enough to not see why CERTAIN PEOPLE can go and skip MY additions but leave the other loving joke songs to play. even though not many of the new people would be able to give it a chance and give themselves a chance to listen to something unconventional and maybe even (god forbid) LIKE it.

but no, you wouldn't want people to like it. no you want to spoonfeed the new users rhetoric about how "IT'S TROLLING THE STATION" and "IT'S CONTRIBUTING NEGATIVELY TO IT." i still fail to see it. but, i dunno, maybe it's because i'm NOT a big loving wuss and i can take whatever gets thrown at me.

i'm not asking to be unbanned, no that would be foolish of me. what i am asking, though, is for all of you, ALL. OF. YOU, to stop being a bunch of pissypants whiny little babies about every loving thing and JUST. loving. ENJOY. MUSIC. just stop caring about whether or not it's "run into the ground" or "made to annoy people." just loving enjoy it! i do, and i don't find it so hard. SO WHY DO YOU?

oh right, i forgot....it's gbs-fm.

ok my rant's over go back to talking amongst yourselves.

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
I don't think anyone liked Count Scratchula, you must've known that.

Lareine
Jul 22, 2007

I don't see why you guys make such a big fuss over troll songs. They make up only a small fraction of the songs played overall. Mute it till it's over and go back to enjoying Electric Light Orchestra and Queen. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I personally can learn to enjoy all music except for high frequency shrieks. And Journey.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

Lareine posted:

I personally can learn to enjoy all music except for high frequency shrieks. And Journey.
They're the same thing

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005

Lareine posted:

I don't see why you guys make such a big fuss over troll songs. They make up only a small fraction of the songs played overall. Mute it till it's over and go back to enjoying Electric Light Orchestra and Queen. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I personally can learn to enjoy all music except for high frequency shrieks. And Journey.

I'm pretty sympathetic to that view. It's detrimental to the station, though, when listeners regularly have to shut off the stream to avoid something intended to annoy.

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Nihiliste posted:

I don't think anyone liked Count Scratchula, you must've known that.

i seem to recall it getting decent ratings in between 2-3 the few times i played it so obviously SOME people must like it for it to not get a unanimous 1-rating.

besides, and i've said this many many many times before: it's only trolling if you let it be trolling!

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

Nihiliste posted:

I'm pretty sympathetic to that view. It's detrimental to the station, though, when listeners regularly have to shut off the stream to avoid something intended to annoy.
Honestly, I'm more likely to shut off the stream for a song I've heard a hundred times because someone queues it as soon as it becomes available again, or because they upload a million versions of it to get around the timer.

Then again, the first rule of the station is "don't be a dick". If you queue nothing but troll songs as fast as you can, you're a dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005

Incoherence posted:

Honestly, I'm more likely to shut off the stream for a song I've heard a hundred times because someone queues it as soon as it becomes available again, or because they upload a million versions of it to get around the timer.

Then again, the first rule of the station is "don't be a dick". If you queue nothing but troll songs as fast as you can, you're a dick.

Yeah, the "don't be a dick" rule is sacred. Even as a mod you can get into trouble if you queue too many long songs.

• Locked thread