Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jormagund
Jul 17, 2005
Totally gay for Puffery
Peachstapler: Jonnty's been working on and off on the comments bug this week.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Cool, I was checking out the bug wiki database thing and didn't spot it there. Thanks for the update!

Shredder
Sep 14, 2000

Nice to see this is back.

Kaiho
Dec 2, 2004

Prussian Blue evening. Stay classy, GBS-FM :love:

Disciple of Pain
Dec 4, 2005
Two hours of industrial, EBM, aggrotech, futurepop coming up on Ghettoradio..

http://ghettoradio.us:8209/listen.pls

A Furious Foetus
Aug 15, 2009
I'm Max, Max, call me Max.

pill for your ills
Mar 23, 2006

ghost rock.
Holy site updates, Dongman!

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

So I unbanned Bob Pokosy for one play to see if a couple of quick tweaks I did sorted the comment bug. Someone has to add it, but on the condition they'll listen to the whole thing and watch the site to see if they notice any slowdown or lagging.

edit: yes, right to the end

edit2: there will be a test on the lyrics afterwards so don't try and cheat!

Jonnty fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Oct 22, 2010

newsomnuke
Feb 25, 2007

pill for your ills posted:

Holy site updates, Dongman!
Yes, we have NEW FEATURES. And what's more, that's just the simple test stuff to make sure the source control is set up properly. Hopefully development will be restarting proper over the next few weeks.

The bad news is, I'm one of the new devs, so expect everything to die even more frequently than it does at the moment.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I've seen Westerns, I know how to speak cowboy.

Jonnty posted:

So I unbanned Bob Pokosy for one play to see if a couple of quick tweaks I did sorted the comment bug. Someone has to add it, but on the condition they'll listen to the whole thing and watch the site to see if they notice any slowdown or lagging.

edit: yes, right to the end

edit2: there will be a test on the lyrics afterwards so don't try and cheat!
Ok, I added it and shall be listening/watching out for any problems

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

So far the stream has held up.

However my browser freezes when the song comes on, and when I refresh the page. After a few seconds a box pops up to tell me a script isn't working, but after telling it to stop, I can still post comments.

Running Firefox.

Edit: Played all the way through, no problems

Test Pilot Monkey fucked around with this message at 06:26 on Oct 22, 2010

StevePerry
Sep 5, 2003

don't stop believin
Good work on Bob Pokosy, we're one step closer to perfecting the science of adding it to the playlist.

Some of you may have already caught word on the street, so I apologize if this is a repost, but this is opening on 11/11/10: http://djmagneticdozer.com

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

Peachstapler posted:

Good work on Bob Pokosy, we're one step closer to perfecting the science of adding it to the playlist.

Some of you may have already caught word on the street, so I apologize if this is a repost, but this is opening on 11/11/10: http://djmagneticdozer.com

Hmmm. Interesting.

11/11/10 in binary is 62. it's also the HTML code for greater than, and in hex it's 3e.

Now, the greater than is obvious, but 3e could be www since e's are right next to the w on a keyboard. So, www is greater than eee.

Now 62 could be a biblical reference since the 4th book of the bible is Numbers and in hebrew B'Midbar is the name of the book, which is also 4 x 64.

So this tells me that something "greater than the bible" is coming on the internet (www).

spankmeister
Jun 15, 2008

Doctor Zero posted:

Hmmm. Interesting.

:catdrugs:
:monocle:

staberind
Feb 20, 2008

but i dont wanna be a spaceship
Fun Shoe
Its surface area may exceed that of jesus.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

In 15 minutes - Zero-G's Pre-Halloween show! We're building up to next week! With clowns! http://ghettoradio.us:8209/listen.pls

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Absolute Zero Pre-Halloween spill over industrial and goth show in 30 minutes!
http://ghettoradio.us:8209/listen.pls

Keru
Aug 2, 2004

'n suddenly there was a terrible roar all around us 'n the sky was full of what looked like 'uge bats, all swooping 'n screeching 'n divin' around the ute.
Well, looks like the station just went offline, as was planned this weekend I believe, so in the meantime please tune in to our sister station Ghettoradio, where Nihiliste just started his show of generally good dark ambient stuff.

Ghettoradio thread: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3356332

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
Yes. We are offline for x hours as our host is getting an upgrade to gigabit. In the meantime, why not listen to live DJs on sister station Ghetto Radio

Nihiliste
Oct 23, 2005
The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation.
GBS FM website and stream should be working now! However, TheManko's talkshow is on Ghetto, so go listen to that.

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Peachstapler posted:

wow, that's so laughably pretentious i forgot to laugh. but hey, for a substandard post-rave ripoff artist i guess that's to be expected.

Shotgun Jones fucked around with this message at 02:48 on Oct 24, 2010

Pain Wizard
Mar 26, 2010
Ironic Saturday night gbs.fm partyblock

Fuschia tude
Dec 26, 2004

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2019

Nihiliste posted:

GBS FM website and stream should be working now! However, TheManko's talkshow is on Ghetto, so go listen to that.

Website yes, stream no. :sigh:

DaWolfey
Oct 25, 2003

College Slice
The ip address of gbs.fm has changed, so you may need to flush your dns cache. Restart your media player, or reboot.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Thanks for introducing me to Congress-Woman Malinda Jackson Parker. She's awesome.

Clarence Boddicker
Jul 28, 2008

Peachstapler posted:

http://djmagneticdozer.com
yes!

Beelzebozo
Nov 6, 2002

I don’t mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel. But I am, so that’s how it comes out.

Shotgun Jones posted:

wow, that's so laughably pretentious i forgot to laugh. but hey, for a substandard post-rave ripoff artist i guess that's to be expected.

Hey, Dave Coulier, a banned GBS-FM listener who's still skulking around the GBS-FM thread trying to poo poo on everyone else's fun is "so funny I forgot to laugh". Jesus christ your existence loving bums me out. Please go find another group of people to annoy.

Shotgun Jones
May 19, 2003

by Ozmaugh

Beelzebozo posted:

Hey, Dave Coulier, a banned GBS-FM listener who's still skulking around the GBS-FM thread trying to poo poo on everyone else's fun is "so funny I forgot to laugh". Jesus christ your existence loving bums me out. Please go find another group of people to annoy.

lol u mad?

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Boblonious
Jan 14, 2007

I HATE PYTHON IT'S THE SHITTIEST LANGUAGE EVER PHP IS WAY BETTER BECAUSE IT IS MADE FOR THE WEB AND IT USES MYSQL WHICH IS ALSO USED BY GOOGLE AND THATS WHY ITS SO MUCH BETTER THAN PYTHON EVEN HTML IS A BETTER PROGRAMMING LANGUAGE THAN PYTHON
Hey, just wanted to mention I've taken the G2 code, made a few changed, and set up a private server for a few friends of mine. Is it cool if I throw the code up on Github?

Jonnty
Aug 2, 2007

The enemy has become a flaming star!

Boblonious posted:

Hey, just wanted to mention I've taken the G2 code, made a few changed, and set up a private server for a few friends of mine. Is it cool if I throw the code up on Github?

Wow, sure.

FIRE CURES BIGOTS
Aug 26, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post
This station would have so much potential were it not for the troll songs like Bob Pokosy.

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

As I've said, Bob Pokosy isn't trolling. And we had this discussion a few pages back.

FIRE CURES BIGOTS
Aug 26, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Test Pilot Monkey posted:

As I've said, Bob Pokosy isn't trolling. And we had this discussion a few pages back.

It is trolling. Do you really think anybody wants to listen to that poo poo?

Test Pilot Monkey
Apr 27, 2003

I do. Check the votes, so do a lot of other people.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Fire posted:

I'm so glad you're here to speak for everyone.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I've never given the station a listen before today, and I'm enjoying it...even the Bob Pokosy poo poo. I don't understand it at all! :psyduck:

trouser chili
Mar 27, 2002

Unnngggggghhhhh
30 years ago this month the last International Harvester Scout II rolled off the line, so I hope everyone enjoys "International Harvester" by Craig Morgan!

Clarence Boddicker
Jul 28, 2008

Fire posted:

I have it on my iPod and listen to it while I work out. Also gently caress you go listen to Pandora, human being.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

FIRE CURES BIGOTS
Aug 26, 2002

by Y Kant Ozma Post

Clarence Boddicker posted:

I have it on my iPod and listen to it while I work out. Also gently caress you go listen to Pandora, human being.

I'm glad we're all still using infantile heterosexist anti-gay slurs in here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dominus Vobiscum
Sep 2, 2004

Our motives are multiple, our desires complex.
Fallen Rib

Fire posted:

There's more to music than indie rock and power metal.

• Locked thread